IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 362.
#10551 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So what are the ways to get more than a 3 ball multiball going?

Gappa is 6 if you don't choke.

#10552 2 years ago

I re-watched the Elvira premiere on Dead Flip. In it they mention the game has video assets from 26 movies. I don't have pinball browser, but are most of the video assets in the code actually used in the game? I assume that many of these assets are for other things like 'Drive Me Crazy', house multiballs etc... That must have been a tonne of work for Lyman to do, especially how he split up the scenes during the haunts.

Rob

#10553 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So what are the ways to get more than a 3 ball multiball going?

House Party, Gappa, and They Came from Space are more than 3 (Gappa if you get enough locks before draining).

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I re-watched the Elvira premiere on Dead Flip. In it they mention the game has video assets from 26 movies. I don't have pinball browser, but are most of the video assets in the code actually used in the game? I assume that many of these assets are for other things like 'Drive Me Crazy', house multiballs etc... That must have been a tonne of work for Lyman to do, especially how he split up the scenes during the haunts.

Rob

The Gappa Angry modes probably use a bunch of clips. I could see Scream Test and Pool Party using clips from a dozen or so movies themselves.

Definitely a time consumering effort for sure, that is lot of movies to trim down into the best clips.

#10555 2 years ago

There is a quick callout in the game, kind of hillbilly sounding and I don't know what it says. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Rob

#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There is a quick callout in the game, kind of hillbilly sounding and I don't know what it says. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Rob

Yep I think I know the one you’re talking about and I haven’t been able to figure out what it’s saying either. I think it sometimes happens at the end of Unhappy Hour or Drive Me Crazy.

#10557 2 years ago

Good afternoon, all, can anyone tell me what the height of the Elvira topper is. Thank You

#10558 2 years ago

Just snagged an EHOH topper from Marco! Showing out of stock now but might be worth checking other spots if they got some in. Already shipped as well within 15 minutes of my order.

#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Just snagged an EHOH topper from Marco! Showing out of stock now but might be worth checking other spots if they got some in. Already shipped as well within 15 minutes of my order.

Same here. I was on a couple lists to be notified when they arrive, but happy to have finally snagged one from Marcos. I can let the obsession die now…

#10560 2 years ago

No worries, just saw a NIB for $2500 or best offer...dammit ( was going to order some stuff from Marco last night)...the wait continues

#10561 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I was on a couple lists to be notified when they arrive.....

Missed it as well. Any recommendations for additional lists to register on for future production? I'm on Marco - anywhere else? Thanks in advance.

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Missed it as well. Any recommendations for additional lists to register on for future production? I'm on Marco - anywhere else? Thanks in advance.

I’m on a few distributor lists: Flippin out, kingpin games, classic game rooms etc. Just reach out and see if they are keeping a list and ask to be added.

#10563 2 years ago

Hopping you guys can find a topper. It's actually IMO one of the few toppers out there worth having.

#10564 2 years ago

Wow, I thought I paid a lot for my Elvira topper a year ago. Crazy how expensive they've become. It is an awesome topper and worth the $!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10565 2 years ago

Allegedly more of these are being made (per multiple distros)

#10566 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Wow, I thought I paid a lot for my Elvira topper a year ago. Crazy how expensive they've become. It is an awesome topper and worth the $![quoted image]

Some distributors have/had them today for normal price of $999.00.

#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Some distributors have/had them today for normal price of $999.00

Here is one:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7105-00/

Marshall should be getting more. Great shop to buy from.

#10569 2 years ago

I was able to get a topper from cointaker at normal price. Dunno if they have any more. Now for me to actually find the damn game....

#10570 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I was able to get a topper from cointaker at normal price. Dunno if they have any more. Now for me to actually find the damn game....

Thanks for the tip, they got a few more in today and I was able to secure one.

#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Many were having this issue, myself included. Its a super easy fix fortunately!
Around 3:10 of this video he very well explains the fix. I believe ive seen him in this thread, he has some super helpful videos for noobs (like myself) and veterans alike.

Can anyone share what was in this video in regard to having the right orbit shot return to the left flipper and not get hung up on the sling?

Having this issue now and seems the OG video has been removed

#10572 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Can anyone share what was in this video in regard to having the right orbit shot return to the left flipper and not get hung up on the sling?
Having this issue now and seems the OG video has been removed

Not sure if this is the video you’re referring to:

Probably gonna have to do the VUK fix next on mine since that has started acting up after only about 30 plays.

#10573 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

...Now for me to actually find the damn game....

Yessir, wouldn't that be great?

#10574 2 years ago

If anyone else is looking for a topper, you might want to call Cointaker and talk to Melissa. Like right now.

#10575 2 years ago

+1 -- called and was able to secure one. (Couldn't find it on their website--but maybe I missed it.)

#10576 2 years ago

Just talked with Melissa...they are all spoken for and gone She said she got torched with calls..lol.

#10577 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks for the tip….really appreciate it. Was able to secure one.

#10578 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just talked with Melissa...they are all spoken for and gone She said she got torched with calls..lol.

I hope the buyers are actually going to use them as opposed to flipping them. The only way to counteract that is don't buy from flippers.

Rob

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only way to counteract that is don't buy from flippers.

It's all about supply and demand. If demand is higher than supply, there will always be flippers and there will always be people willing to pay more to get one.

The better way to reduce the amount of flipping is for Stern to just make more to meet the obvious demand.

#10580 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Thanks for the tip….really appreciate it. Was able to secure one.

I also just ordered the Elvira Topper from Melissa at Cointaker. Very excited.

#10581 2 years ago

Does stern ever make more side armor? Been trying to pick that up as well.

#10582 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Does stern ever make more side armor? Been trying to pick that up as well.

Supposed to be a new wave of the side armor sometime between now and March.

#10583 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Gappa is 6 if you don't choke.

I feel attacked by this.

#10584 2 years ago

I am having issues with the crypt. It seems to be out of phase and is always “searching” for the correct position.

Then it often gets stuck between positions (see the photos). I don’t think it has anything to do with the optics, and I don’t see anything that is obviously loose.

Any ideas?

28AFD3B1-DED1-4065-AAFB-65A5502B54A6 (resized).jpeg28AFD3B1-DED1-4065-AAFB-65A5502B54A6 (resized).jpegF2E954A3-DE88-4F19-A90C-7CCD4DCEBB6A (resized).jpegF2E954A3-DE88-4F19-A90C-7CCD4DCEBB6A (resized).jpeg
#10585 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I also just ordered the Elvira Topper from Melissa at Cointaker. Very excited.

Well im glad I was able to help some folks! No someone find me a reasonably priced premium to go with my new topper!

#10586 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Well im glad I was able to help some folks! No someone find me a reasonably priced premium to go with my new topper!

I bought and sold my topper before I finally got my game!

#10587 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am having issues with the crypt. It seems to be out of phase and is always “searching” for the correct position.
Then it often gets stuck between positions (see the photos). I don’t think it has anything to do with the optics, and I don’t see anything that is obviously loose.
Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

If optos are fine, you can try to change the position of the moving crypt part up or a little bit down by this nut.

D26CCE5E-D422-4AF4-A90E-E14331FE587B (resized).jpegD26CCE5E-D422-4AF4-A90E-E14331FE587B (resized).jpeg
#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I have had this happen on occasion. If you'll go into the crypt test and cycle through all three stops, it will probably sort itself out. Since this has worked for me, I've never looked for a cause.

#10589 2 years ago

Thanks everyone - was able to pick up the topper, shooter rod and game blades.

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have had this happen on occasion. If you'll go into the crypt test and cycle through all three stops, it will probably sort itself out. Since this has worked for me, I've never looked for a cause.

Yeah, I'll try that. Was your doing it over a period of time? Mine hasn't worked correctly in like a month.

Thanks!

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

If optos are fine, you can try to change the position of the moving crypt part up or a little bit down by this nut. [quoted image]

Thanks! I'll chck that next

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Hi, had the same problem just last week. Had the game for about 9 months or so. I figured I had to start taking the crypt apart. I just took the top roof off looked down and by hand moved the skull back and forth. I then picked up the playfield and reviewed the bottom of the mechanism. I then went into diagnostic mode and went through the 3 positions. Closed it up and it ran fine. I think it might have been just dirt or something in the way of the optos and by working the mechanism, running through the diagnostics (which by the way moved the mechanism to the correct positions) it corrected itself. I would work the skull and then do the diagnostic and see if it helps you. Hope this helps, JJG

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from JJG8591:

Hi, had the same problem just last week. Had the game for about 9 months or so. I figured I had to start taking the crypt apart. I just took the top roof off looked down and by hand moved the skull back and forth. I then picked up the playfield and reviewed the bottom of the mechanism. I then went into diagnostic mode and went through the 3 positions. Closed it up and it ran fine. I think it might have been just dirt or something in the way of the optos and by working the mechanism, running through the diagnostics (which by the way moved the mechanism to the correct positions) it corrected itself. I would work the skull and then do the diagnostic and see if it helps you. Hope this helps, JJG

LOL... that is the exact same thing I did - except I wasn't smart enough to run the diagnotic!

I ran the diagnostic and now it runs perfect! Thanks everyone for the help!

#10594 2 years ago

Not only did I snag a topper from Cointaker this morning, I just got the text and FedEx already has the bastard and will deliver it this weekend. That's some service, buddy.

#10595 2 years ago

What was the Cointaker price for the topper? Just curious, as I bought one from a retailer last year for well over $999 or whatever the recommended price tag. It was during the early run when they seemed to be going up and up, with some listed for $2k+.

#10596 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What was the Cointaker price for the topper? Just curious, as I bought one from a retailer last year for well over $999 or whatever the recommended price tag. It was during the early run when they seemed to be going up and up, with some listed for $2k+.

999.00 plus 29.95 for shipping

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

999.00 plus 29.95 for shipping

Nice, glad a few more people were able to add one. I’m sure they will make more. It’s a well-made topper.

#10598 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, I'll try that. Was your doing it over a period of time? Mine hasn't worked correctly in like a month.
Thanks!

It has done it from time-to-time. If it happens during a game, I just lock a ball and cycle it and it goes back to working. It just happened again last night, but it had been a long while before that.

#10599 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Mine did the exact same thing. Replaced the opto board and good to go

Tried everything else first but just saw you got it fixed

#10600 2 years ago

Trying to join the club. Just put in a deposit for December 2022 (crossing fingers).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/212 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.