IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 362.
#10501 2 years ago

An awesome dude bought his game first run, didn't like it, then sold it to me for $6300. I used to buy used LE games for $2K less than retail 5 months after release. THOSE were the days and that was only like 3 years ago.

#10502 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thought I understood the crypt VUK. In switch test it works every time after bending. In play it doesn’t. It’s weak. Power is set to 255. Is it not loading correctly?

I have a May 2021 build, had the same issue. I tried bending, adjusting, the trick about reshaping the top of the plastic plunger ect. Nothing worked for me. I started looking at this older post where it is not positioned properly, with my game it was the case even though a newer build. The plastic plunger that pops the ball up has to be centered to the hole and more importantly to the top guide of the directional scoop. Mine was off by at least a 1/4" so the ball would rattle and dribble out 1/2 the time.

When I loosen the screws up before I started to reinstall I used some good duct tape to hold the VUK in place, test drove a few times with glass off (same for me in test always seemed better) then re drilled my mounting holes and secured. I haven't missed a target yet, actually had to dial down the strength to about 220ish. May be worth looking at, and if not centered then check this post out for guidence:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536034

#10503 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I have a May 2021 build, had the same issue. I tried bending, adjusting, the trick about reshaping the top of the plastic plunger ect. Nothing worked for me. I started looking at this older post where it is not positioned properly, with my game it was the case even though a newer build. The plastic plunger that pops the ball up has to be centered to the hole and more importantly to the top guide of the directional scoop. Mine was off by at least a 1/4" so the ball would rattle and dribble out 1/2 the time.
When I loosen the screws up before I started to reinstall I used some good duct tape to hold the VUK in place, test drove a few times with glass off (same for me in test always seemed better) then re drilled my mounting holes and secured. I haven't missed a target yet, actually had to dial down the strength to about 220ish. May be worth looking at, and if not centered then check this post out for guidence:https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536034

Will definitely check this out. Would make sense why it sometimes works and other times not. Thanks!

#10504 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I just looked at my machine and it stops in the same spot. I don't notice anything different in operation from mine to yours. Maybe where the ramp is mounted to the metal bracket is different? The part shown in the video looks fine though.

Update,

I bent the spring from the left micro switch slightly outwards. Now the roller grips neatly in the notch. The result is that the ramp is now really right down. Previously, it was on the field, but only slightly. The flow to the house is now much better.

Whether the microswitches are well adjusted can be seen easily. Simply move the ramp in the diagnostic menu. Pay attention to how the ramp behaves when closed. The engine should stop when it is at total low. When the engine starts again, the ramp must go up again immediately. It would be wrong if it moved even further down. That's how it was with me. It's only about a few millimeters here.

Because of the stop of the ramp. I have seen that sometimes the spring gets stuck in the hole of the sheet metal that goes from the motor to the ramp. I'm probably the only one who had the problem I bent the spring a bit.
This is a before photo.
Now everything works fine (for now)
247C2C50-7886-4D2A-9D27-612F317336B8 (resized).jpeg247C2C50-7886-4D2A-9D27-612F317336B8 (resized).jpeg

#10505 2 years ago

So I have been seeing what seems like a lot of code updates from Stern, most recently Munsters and Batman 66. Anyone holding out hope for a code update for Elvira to add some more haunts?

#10506 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So I have been seeing what seems like a lot of code updates from Stern, most recently Munsters and Batman 66. Anyone holding out hope for a code update for Elvira to add some more haunts?

I would be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't count on it.

#10507 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I'd love to see a little more added... The opto spinner is hardly used and has no sound, the scoring on the deadheads seems off from a risk/reward standpoint.

I don't expect that they'll actually do much more to the code outside of insider connect tweaks though.

#10508 2 years ago

They at least need to code EEgah. He's center to the translite. Killer Shrew is right under him. Attack of the Giant Leeches is on the playfield. Much less all of the other uncoded movies in the translite. The house turret's entire function couldn't have been meant to just dance during multiball. Damnit, why did Lyman leave?

#10509 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

I'd love to see a little more added... The opto spinner is hardly used and has no sound, the scoring on the deadheads seems off from a risk/reward standpoint.
I don't expect that they'll actually do much more to the code outside of insider connect tweaks though.

My spinner makes sounds... Does yours score at all?

#10510 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

They at least need to code EEgah. He's center to the translite. Killer Shrew is right under him. Attack of the Giant Leeches is on the playfield. Much less all of the other uncoded movies in the translite. The house turret's entire function couldn't have been meant to just dance during multiball. Damnit, why did Lyman leave?

As incredible as this game is, it would have been nice to see where Lyman would’ve taken it.

Given that it seems more likely than not Stern is done with Elvira production there’s probably no reason for them to spend additional resources on code and I doubt anyone will work on their own time as Lyman did.

#10511 2 years ago

I would think with the prices they are asking for the 40th Anniversary they will take one last look at the code before being done with it. Fingers crossed.

#10512 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My spinner makes sounds... Does yours score at all?

Yea… it defines scores in teenagers from space when that shot is lit. I do have my sound turned low and listening to music when I play so maybe I’m not noticing?

#10513 2 years ago

Lyman Sheats has died. What a terrible loss.

#10514 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The sticker on the Crypt door that we keep bashing finally came off, and actually caused some issues (it fell inside the crypt). I was able to get it out but I noticed that Stern had NOT included an extra sticker for in the goodies bag, which is very oddddd.
Does anyone know how I can get another such sticker? Right now the doorway is just "black" and sometimes looks like it's open. Whom would I need to contact at Stern?
Thx!

The same thing happened to me! Any luck finding one? Thanks!

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

#10516 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

wow

#10517 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-lyman

#10518 2 years ago

Would I be wrong then in assuming that there will now be a Lyman Sheats special edition run of Elvira HOH that will cost $35K?

#10519 2 years ago

What a legend Lyman was. And what a legacy he left behind. How many games in our collections did he code? His codes were often masterpieces, and even then we always wanted just one more update because he could always make them even better. Damn. Pinball suffered a loss today. Sad for his family. RIP Lyman.

#10520 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Would I be wrong then in assuming that there will now be a Lyman Sheats special edition run of Elvira HOH that will cost $35K?

Even with all the crappy stuff that often gets posted by people in various forums I almost never give a downvote. But I've downvoted this one. That's how insensitive, miserable, and just plain dark & ugly this post is.

Edit - Adding here the quote from the post made by @ruenin: "Would I be wrong then in assuming that there will now be a Lyman Sheats special edition run of Elvira HOH that will cost $35K?"

#10521 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Even with all the crappy stuff that often gets posted by people in various forums I almost never give a downvote. But I've downvoted this one. That's how insensitive, miserable, and just plain dark & ugly this post is.
Edit - Adding here the quote from the post made by Ruenin: "Would I be wrong then in assuming that there will now be a Lyman Sheats special edition run of Elvira HOH that will cost $35K?"

100% agree and Thanks for being the first person to call out this poor behavior. That comment is incredibly insensitive. Most everyone in this thread or that reads it is a fan of Lyman work and appreciates him for the joy we have gotten from his games.
Some people need to keep their nasty thoughts to themselves.

#10522 2 years ago

I recently started having the ball getting stuck at the trunk entrance. Has anyone else had this issue? It's like the trunk wasn't opening as high as it could. A quick inspection shows no issue with the coil bracket assembly, but the trunk lid has a bit of up/down play in it.

Rob

20220121_193558 (resized).jpg20220121_193558 (resized).jpg
#10523 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I recently started having the ball getting stuck at the trunk entrance. Has anyone else had this issue? It's like the trunk wasn't opening as high as it could. A quick inspection shows no issue with the coil bracket assembly, but the trunk lid has a bit of up/down play in it.
Rob [quoted image]

I had the screw that holds the door to the actuating armature back out on mine and cause this.

#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Edit - Adding here the quote from the post made by Ruenin: "Would I be wrong then in assuming that there will now be a Lyman Sheats special edition run of Elvira HOH that will cost $35K?"

Ok, so this comment I made was misconstrued. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Sheats or his family. I was merely pointing out that Stern, being a business that seems to have somewhat questionable business acumen at times, might take advantage of this with a morally dubious decision. I apologize if I've offended anyone. It was not my intention.

#10525 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Ok, so this comment I made was misconstrued. I meant no disrespect to Mr. Sheats or his family. I was merely pointing out that Stern, being a business that seems to have somewhat questionable business acumen at times, might take advantage of this with a morally dubious decision. I apologize if I've offended anyone. It was not my intention.

I did interpret the comment as a dig at Stern, not at Lyman. Sometimes, timing is everything. It’s good to see an apology tho when people are upset by a post. People usually just double down. An apology, like this, is better.

#10526 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra EHoH Stern banner they are willing to sell? I would like to buy one. PM me. Thx.

#10527 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone have an extra EHoH Stern banner they are willing to sell? I would like to buy one. PM me. Thx.

I think there is someone (in Europe?) selling knock-offs that are a bit smaller, but since they aren't officially licensed I decided to not purchase.

Rob

#10528 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think there is someone (in Europe?) selling knock-offs that are a bit smaller, but since they aren't officially licensed I decided to not purchase.
Rob

Thanks, yeah I’d like the official full size one. Seems the going rate on banners is $200+. Pricey!

#10529 2 years ago

I have an issue when I go up the house ramp, the game does not recognize I made the shot. Ball is stuck in the house until ball search kicks in and then it dribbles out the back. I think the issue is that the Opto in the back of the house ramp is not working. I looked to see if I could purchase replacement optos but both Marco and Pinball Life are sold out. Any ideas on how to check if the optos are functioning or where to get replacements?

Thanks
Ed

#10530 2 years ago

Just finished installing DocQuest's dual screen mod on my Elvira LE and it exceeds all expectations! Just an incredible mod, WOW.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGcZFfqzZSs1irJdoKvX-H5K7aa4T97p/view?usp=sharing

9CA50A46-84A7-41F2-BC6C-C51F776E4202 (resized).jpeg9CA50A46-84A7-41F2-BC6C-C51F776E4202 (resized).jpegA3A45214-E951-43B8-8806-C1D7E09AAC0F (resized).jpegA3A45214-E951-43B8-8806-C1D7E09AAC0F (resized).jpegB584B772-361A-46AD-82B5-50EA0ED0AAE4 (resized).jpegB584B772-361A-46AD-82B5-50EA0ED0AAE4 (resized).jpeg
#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:Just finished installing DocQuest's dual screen mod on my Elvira LE and it exceeds all expectations! Just an incredible mod, WOW.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGcZFfqzZSs1irJdoKvX-H5K7aa4T97p/view?usp=sharing[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice, but for me I would leave the signatures in place.

Rob

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have an issue when I go up the house ramp, the game does not recognize I made the shot. Ball is stuck in the house until ball search kicks in and then it dribbles out the back. I think the issue is that the Opto in the back of the house ramp is not working. I looked to see if I could purchase replacement optos but both Marco and Pinball Life are sold out. Any ideas on how to check if the optos are functioning or where to get replacements?
Thanks
Ed

My ball was not getting stuck in the house, but shots to the house often did not register at all even though the ball was correctly traveling after the shot. In the switch test the house ramp opto was showing as always registering (always on). I took the house off and tested both the transmitter and receiver which were both working. Continued testing them as I screwed them back into place and saw opto was now off in test and registering when a ball broke the signal (working correctly). Has been working for 100’s of games since, so my assumption is the optos just needed to be realigned.

#10533 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just finished installing DocQuest's dual screen mod on my Elvira LE and it exceeds all expectations! Just an incredible mod, WOW.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGcZFfqzZSs1irJdoKvX-H5K7aa4T97p/view?usp=sharing[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will this work with the new EHOH insider connected apron?

#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I would think you could do the single screen on the left side only. I chose to do both sides playing different content. Such an amazing mod

#10535 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Looks nice, but for me I would leave the signatures in place.

Interesting. I thought just the opposite and only put the mod on the right side.

#10536 2 years ago

Got my banner from flipnout recently May have more.

#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes, trailer video mod can be installed on left side, right side, or both sides.

Pinsider Gotfrogs sells the QR scanner door bezel if you want to move your QR scanner to the coin door and put the video mod in its place in the apron.

#10538 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Check with Little Shop of Games. They have lots of banners for many pinball machines. https://littleshopofgames.com/

#10539 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Thanks
Ed

I had similar problems. However, when the ball goes down in the cellar.
Here's what I found out:

If the ball gets stuck while playing, immediately open the coin door and go to the ALRT diagnostic menu. There go to the left to see the states for NODE 9.
Press the INTERLOCK button by hand.
Shake the pinball. In my case the ball moved, switch 20 CELLAR VUK became active and the ball was then ejected through the cellar.

So the problem was with switch 9-20.
I moved up the ramp and put a ball in there and raised up up the playfield.
There I could see that the ball is sometimes so far outside that it no longer comes to the button.
I was able to help myself by attaching a small washer to the right so that the ball is guided to the center. Since then everything runs perfectly.
That's how it was with my Elvira.
Maybe it helps you if you have a similar problem.

IMG_0626 (resized).jpegIMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
#10540 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare Elvira LE leg in perfect condition they don’t need? If so, PM me with a price. STI chipped one of the legs and side rail on my game during transit. I’ll just touch up the side rail, but I want the leg replaced. It bothers me...I know, first world problems

74164D4F-C080-41EA-AE08-1EA88CA01360 (resized).jpeg74164D4F-C080-41EA-AE08-1EA88CA01360 (resized).jpeg

#10541 2 years ago

Are the Medisynl mods still available? If not, are they hard to get/find?

#10542 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

He had a list going in his mod thread. Not sure if he closed it out.

#10543 2 years ago

Man, there are a bunch of us folks, with deposits in, hoping that Stern doesn't push EHoH completely off the calendar for good. 12/2022 is already a long, long wait.

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

He was making them a couple months back. Send him a DM saying you're interested in an EHOH mod set. Normally he does them in chunks of 12 or so. If there is enough demand he'll likely make more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/medisinyl

#10545 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

He was making them a couple months back. Send him a DM saying you're interested in an EHOH mod set. Normally he does them in chunks of 12 or so. If there is enough demand he'll likely make more.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/medisinyl

Will do. Thanks!

#10546 2 years ago

On my to do list:

Get the manos wheel. I have never completed the main wheel, not even close. Many games I don't even get 1 slice taken out of it.

Figure out what adding a zombie does in add-a-zombie multiball

Get attic attack multiball and see how the turret plays into this mode

Get Gappa Angry multiball.

Sell the house....

Rob

#10547 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my to do list:
Get the manos wheel. I have never completed the main wheel, not even close. Many games I don't even get 1 slice taken out of it.
Sell the house....
Rob

Completing Gappa Angry is one the most satisfying things in pinball, and the payoff is very rewarding.

Isn't adding a zombie in add-a-zombie just an add-a-ball into the multiball? I haven't figured out he conditions to do this, but I think it's something like make 6 jackpots than shoot the garage.

The two things that I still need to do are,
-complete They Came From Space
-sell the house

#10548 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Still building and shipping. Ordered from him 3 weeks ago - mods just shipped. PM him to get added to his production list.

#10549 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my to do list:
Sell the house....
Rob

SPOILER ALERT

To make it easier to complete the Hand of Fate wheel, turn on ball-to-ball carry over in the settings. Just be ready to hit the button with something other than your hand during multiball.
Add-A-Zombie multiball starts with three jackpot shots lit. Hitting the garage adds one additional jackpot shot.
In Attic Attack, each side of the turret represents a Super.

#10550 2 years ago

So what are the ways to get more than a 3 ball multiball going?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,076 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/211?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.