IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 362.
#10301 2 years ago

Thanks did you have to reposition and adjust the vuk to avoid teeth?

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks did you have to reposition and adjust the vuk to avoid teeth?

I had already tried everything else with no success. Just bending the top of the VUK ever so slightly made a huge difference. Wish that was the first thing I tried since it's such a simple solution!

I've never had an issue with the ball hitting the teeth.

#10303 2 years ago

Ok so my vuk is fine just had to remove they gargoyle mod which was affecting the ball.

#10304 2 years ago

I thought this game was supposed to be too easy? It’s kicking my ass!!!

#10305 2 years ago

Hi!
Since yesterday I am also in the club. I had been looking for a new or used Elvira here in Germany for several months. Yesterday we bought a NIB one from France. I am so grateful to my lovely wife that she was willing to accompany me the long car ride.
Today it will be assembled. Then Christmas can come.

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ok so my vuk is fine just had to remove they gargoyle mod which was affecting the ball.

When the top of the VUK is at the same height as the game the mod was designed with, there shouldn't be any interference (a variance from game to game I didn't account for, but has been an issue for some, and fixed with the information above).

Do you happen to have plastic protectors on your game? If so, that would lift the mod beyond the intended height.

The first batch of V2 gargoyles just went out Friday that have some extra strength, details, and a little more clearance for the top of the VUK (uninstalled pictures in the mod thread).

#10307 2 years ago

I downloaded the newest code to my machine. When I was messing around in the options I found “Director’s Cut” that I turned on. What all does the latest code do/improve? Also, what exactly is the director’s cut? I’d assume that it must be more stuff, just like a director’s cut movie where it is 15 or 20 minutes longer.

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I downloaded the newest code to my machine. When I was messing around in the options I found “Director’s Cut” that I turned on. What all does the latest code do/improve? Also, what exactly is the director’s cut? I’d assume that it must be more stuff, just like a director’s cut movie where it is 15 or 20 minutes longer.

I believe the latest code update is basically just to support Stern Insider.

Directors Cut is a mode that triggers after successfully completing 4 haunts. If memory serves me right, it's similar to the Trailer Trash modes. If you look at the playfield, it's the big insert under the 4 haunts lights.

#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Director's Cut begins after completing four haunts (indicated by the four cyan inserts under the Freak Fryer). Trailer bits and trash will be automatically lit in blue (instead of yellow) for the last haunt completed. When collected, DC will begin. It is a four-level challenge where you recollect the haunt points for the completed haunts. The first level requires one shot + shoot cellar to collect ("Cut! Print!"); the second requires two shots + cellar to collect; etc...

I'm surprised you had to turn it on.

To see what the code update does, be sure you open the README file listed with the code. It shows changes, fixes, additions, etc... in all updates.

#10310 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

When the top of the VUK is at the same height as the game the mod was designed with, there shouldn't be any interference (a variance from game to game I didn't account for, but has been an issue for some, and fixed with the information above).
Do you happen to have plastic protectors on your game? If so, that would lift the mod beyond the intended height.
The first batch of V2 gargoyles just went out Friday that have some extra strength, details, and a little more clearance for the top of the VUK (uninstalled pictures in the mod thread).

No plastic protectors, your mods are amazing but I don’t feel like fussing with my game just to have the mod work when it works great without it.

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I thought this game was supposed to be too easy? It’s kicking my ass!!!

Ditto!

#10312 2 years ago

Kaneda reported Stern will be making more Elvira toppers in 2022.

#10313 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

$25 item that sells for $1000, of course they are lol

#10314 2 years ago

Just had a game end with a score that is not divisible by 10. I didn't think that was possible. Anyone know what scores 5 points?

20211219_101805 (resized).jpg20211219_101805 (resized).jpg
#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just had a game end with a score that is not divisible by 10. I didn't think that was possible. Anyone know what scores 5 points?
[quoted image]

I've had it happen too. Haven't been able to figure out what does it though.

#10317 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree 100%. That’s why I won’t buy a topper. A $25 to $50 topper sold for $1000.

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Definitely overpriced saying it's only $25 worth of stuff is just crazy talk.

#10319 2 years ago

I paid $1000 for my Elvira topper and it was worth every penny. It looks bad ass with the game on or off and puts a smile on my and my fiancé’s faces every time Elvira pops out and screams. The game looks naked without the topper. Kind of like a Rolls Royce without the hood ornament.

#10320 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I paid $1000 for my Elvira topper and it was worth every penny. It looks bad ass with the game on or off and puts a smile on my and my fiancé’s faces every time Elvira pops out and screams. The game looks naked without the topper. Kind of like a Rolls Royce without the hood ornament.

Glad you enjoy it, not arguing that the value to you may be well over $1000 in terms of enjoyment. My comment was only about sterns cost to produce and the fact that its a financial no brainer for them to make more.

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Definitely overpriced saying it's only $25 worth of stuff is just crazy talk.

If this was a plug and play Halloween decoration sold on Amazon it would cost $19 shipped.

#10322 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If this was a plug and play Halloween decoration sold on Amazon it would cost $19 shipped.

Ok man, we get it you think its cheap. Reality is though that it has a node board, lighting, the mechs to pop it up, and the sculpts. Move on lol.

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok man, we get it you think its cheap. Reality is though that it has a node board, lighting, the mechs to pop it up, and the sculpts. Move on lol.

Yea yea sorry, like I said there is value beyond the BOM. I would pay $250 for it

#10324 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would pay $250 for it

Don’t think you’ll ever get that chance

#10325 2 years ago

So I’ve been combing through this thread in hopes I could solve my physical knocker issue.

I currently have pinstadiums, a shaker motor, and a knocker installed.

The knocker would work sporadically, but it hasn’t worked at all in the past few weeks.

Is it a power issue? I see that the cabinet node board has a capacitor on the power plug, unlike my other sterns.

EDIT
so the LE speaker lights the previous owner installed tend to sometimes work, sometimes not. Usually opening the back box and jiggling some cables works. My speakers lights have been off for a while, and now that they’re on…… the knocker works again
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10326 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I wish it were true (for those in need) but I wouldn't hold my breath considering the source.

#10327 2 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And….. back in.
Given up on owning one.
Tried to get an IMDN. Looked like Australia was not getting anymore. Some real nice people trying to sell pros HUO for 14k. Nice.
So instead went for a STh pro and JP.
Then a real nice EHOH was advertised at a reasonable price. Let it sit for a while. Thought “stuff it, it’s meant to be”.
2 weeks later after paying the deposit, Imdn’s are being made for one last shipment to Oz. Ha! Oh well, I’m sure EHOH will be better!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. It is a super cool game, I am sure you and your family will love it.

#10328 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea yea sorry, like I said there is value beyond the BOM. I would pay $250 for it

The node board in there is one of the more complex ones and sells for $335. I think it's the same node board they use on the home pin games and can drive 4 coils, 16 switches, 16 LED's and a GI circuit. So then add in the cost of the 3 custom sculpts, custom sheet metal, the coil mech, backlit art, etc.

Since the number of toppers they make is even less than the games themselves I'm guessing the custom stuff is what drives the cost the most.

I have a tougher time with the toppers that offer zero interactivity. For example the Batman66 villains topper was $400 and just a backlit plastic that was on all the time. No interactivity whatsoever ever.

#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:I've had it happen too. Haven't been able to figure out what does it though.

What version of code?

Rob

#10330 2 years ago

[quoted image]

What version of code? I might have an idea where the issue is.

Rob

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What version of code? I might have an idea where the issue is.
Rob

I'm on 1.02.0

I actually had it happen again today.

20211220_100704 (resized).jpg20211220_100704 (resized).jpg
#10332 2 years ago

I also had '5' once. Think I read something about it but I don't know where...

#10333 2 years ago

So noticed an issue last night when I had some family over. Balls no longer getting locked in the garage, simply get kicked out. However, in all haunts that need a garage shot, they register just fine. I assumed this was detected via the same switch. Or is there another mech that needs to be looked at?

Will go looking tonight to see what's going on.

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So noticed an issue last night when I had some family over. Balls no longer getting locked in the garage, simply get kicked out. However, in all haunts that need a garage shot, they register just fine. I assumed this was detected via the same switch. Or is there another mech that needs to be looked at?
Will go looking tonight to see what's going on.

Were you playing with multiple players? As an example. If player 1 has two balls locked. The preceding players will have the ball kicked out on ball lock 1 and 2.

Same thing happens if you start a new game with balls locked already. It'll just spit them back out until you hit a lock greater than what is currently locked.

#10335 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What version of code?
Rob

I'm on 1.02

#10336 2 years ago

Were you playing with multiple players? As an example. If player 1 has two balls locked. The preceding players will have the ball kicked out on ball lock 1 and 2.
Same thing happens if you start a new game with balls locked already. It'll just spit them back out until you hit a lock greater than what is currently locked.

Happens on both single player and multi-player games

#10337 2 years ago

Can someone please post some pics of the underside of the Elvira house of horrors crypt motor and subway area. Multiple angles and distances. Thanks in advance gang!

#10338 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:I'm on 1.02.0
I actually had it happen again today.[quoted image]

It's a bug related to trailer trash countdown. A similar bug was fixed in .97, but I guess not completely? I was able to reproduce it the first time I tried, but not since.

Rob

#10339 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a bug related to trailer trash countdown. A similar bug was fixed in .97, but I guess not completely? I was able to reproduce it the first time I tried, but not since.
Rob

I figured out a way to consistently reproduce it.

Steps:
- Start a new game.
- Start Teenagers From Outer Space (top left window).
- Get to the final shot where the beast booster and final shot are lit.
- Hit the beast booster until the lower value on the screen ends in 500
- Complete the haunt.
- Start Trailer Trash.
- Hit one ramp
- Then shoot the center shot (completing Trailer trash)

Blam-o! A 5 point shot. Here is a video of me doing it three times in a row:

My theory:

During Teenagers From Outer Space, before making the final shot to complete the haunt. The spinner is lit to increase the jackpot. Hitting that spinner will make the final shot value either end in 500 or 000 (watch the lower number).

When that value is 500. Trailer trash seems to calculated by starting at 50% of the value of that final lower score (or that score is added to be part of the final score), with the ramps each adding 25%. Hence, 25% of 500 is 125. So if you only shoot one ramp and the final shot, your at 75% the score which will give you that 5 pointer (more specifically a 375 pointer).

When that value ends in an even thousand (000). Everything works fine. As 25% of 1000 is 250.

Hence, the bug isn't actually with the countdown of the trailer trash. It's with the point value calculation.

I hope that information helps!

Edit: I updated this post to include more accurate information as I discovered it.

#10340 2 years ago

Steps:
- Start a new game.
- Complete the haunt.
- Start Trailer Trash.
- Hit one ramp
My theory:
During Teenagers From Outer Space, before making the final shot to complete the haunt. The spinner is lit to increase the jackpot. Hitting that spinner will make the final shot value either end in 500 or 000 (watch the lower number).
When that value is 500. Trailer trash seems to calculated by starting at 50% of the value of that final lower score (or that score is added to be part of the final score), with the ramps each adding 25%. Hence, 25% of 500 is 125. So if you only shoot one ramp and the final shot, your at 75% the score which will give you that 5 pointer (more specifically a 375 pointer).
When that value ends in an even thousand (000). Everything works fine. As 25% of 1000 is 250.
Hence, the bug isn't actually with the countdown of the trailer trash. It's with the point value calculation.
Edit: I updated this post to include more accurate information as I discovered it.

You should send this to [email protected]

#10341 2 years ago

Steps:
- Start a new game.
- Complete the haunt.
- Start Trailer Trash.
- Hit one ramp
My theory:

Didn't Lyman chime in once about the 5 points being a tool used by the coders when code was being developed for a given game? I think it was a placeholder for a line of code needing additional work.

#10342 2 years ago

Steps:
- Start a new game.
- Complete the haunt.
- Start Trailer Trash.
- Hit one ramp
My theory:

Great job figuring it out! I was anticipating it had something to do with the final score, but couldn't find the right combination that didn't end in 000.
I did let Stern know about the bug the other day, but it really helps when there's steps to reproduce it every time.

Rob

#10343 2 years ago

Why is a score ending on 5 considered a bug? Is there any weird game behavior attached with that situation?

#10344 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Why is a score ending on 5 considered a bug? Is there any weird game behavior attached with that situation?

It's just unintended behavior, as you're not supposed to be able to do that. It is very low reaching though. The only thing I expect it effects negatively is the 'match for a free game' logic.

It looks like Rob_G has already got this covered.

#10345 2 years ago

It's just unintended behavior, as you're not supposed to be able to do that. It is very low reaching though. The only thing I expect it effects negatively is the 'match for a free game' logic.

Ah thanks, so there is a (minor) real life impact. Im wondering if bugs are still adressed after Lyman Sheats leave

#10346 2 years ago

It looks like Rob_G has already got this covered.

You should still send it in since you've narrowed it down. It will make it easier for Stern to locate and correct the bug.

#10347 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can someone please post some pics of the underside of the Elvira house of horrors crypt motor and subway area. Multiple angles and distances. Thanks in advance gang!

Day later Bueller? Bueller? Check-in

#10348 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Day later Bueller? Bueller? Check-in

Help an operator out

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You should still send it in since you've narrowed it down. It will make it easier for Stern to locate and correct the bug.

I'll be honest with you.

I'm extremely frustrated with how Stern has conducted their business that I'd prefer to just avoid crossing their paths even for something this simple.

In my eyes, they consistently do some straight up evil things, it's somewhat of a shame, because they do make some of the best games...

Plus the bug is low reaching enough that I'd almost rather they not try to fix it which will just give them another chance to introduce a new bigger bug and instead just leave it be.

I just enjoyed the exercise of trying to root cause the problem.

#10350 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Help an operator out

I'll keep the game up for a moment in case you need another shot.

20211222_092110.jpg20211222_092110.jpg20211222_092127.jpg20211222_092127.jpg20211222_092137.jpg20211222_092137.jpg20211222_092147.jpg20211222_092147.jpg20211222_092157.jpg20211222_092157.jpg20211222_092205.jpg20211222_092205.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.