IMG_C5922DA774E9-1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0235 (resized).jpg
DSC02102 (resized).JPG
GodzillaElvira (resized).jpg
IMG_0532 (resized).jpg
IMG_0533 (resized).jpg
IMG_0530 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,523 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 211.
#10201 54 days ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Just thought a few of you might like to see my completed and modded Elvira now it's finished. Thanks

Excellent job filming this pin. Your camera system and views in High Def really shows off the game. Good Job Sir!

#10202 54 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Very nice machine, great mods, check the lights on the right next to the shooter lane, looks like the top one is out.

Yes it was, been replaced already
Thanks

#10204 51 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For #3, I had balls going off the end of the ramp return also. I got this mod and it’s been great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02920-anti-airball-ramp-deflector-for-elvira-house-of-horrors

Yay! Thanks for the information and link!

#10205 51 days ago

Voting for DocQuest's Apron Mod for TWIPY.

#10206 50 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Voting for DocQuest's Apron Mod for TWIPY.

Did it come out in 2021?

#10207 50 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did it come out in 2021?

Yes, my first ones shipped out in Feb this year.

For those not familiar with the mod, it's video screen (or two) that fits in the apron. The screen
(or screens) play all 26 movie trailers from the films featured in the 201-2011 season of Elvira's Movie Macabre that were available for Stern to use in the Elviras House of Horrors pinball machine.

Speaking of which, the original screen I've used for the mod so far is currently out of stock everywhere and the manufacturer of it doesnt expect them to be back in stock until spring or even later due to chip shortages.

So I've been looking for a replacement that fits the space and finally found one that still fits in the area and is in stock. The new version2 screen is a little bigger than the previous one (2.4" vs 1.7"), higher resolution (320x240 vs 160x128), and aspect ratio is a little wider (1.33 vs 1.25).

The new screen is still backlit in the upper corner behind the eyeball so when the apron GI lights flicker for the lightning effects you can still see it via the eyeball. However due to the size of the new screen and where its mounted, the other corner of the screen with the text is no longer backlit like it was with the original smaller screen.

The cost with the new screen is the same as before, $320 for a dual screen setup and $175 for a single screen. USPS priority shipping in continental US is $15 and international shipping is available and varies depending on country. I have red swirls background art for Premiums and bluish/purple for LE/SLE/40'th anniversay versions.

I have a small number in stock ready to go right now on a first come first serve basis. In a few weeks I'll have more in stock and will put them in my pinside shop. If you are interested please PM me for details.

big screen left (resized).jpgbig screen right (resized).jpgbig screen double (resized).jpg

#10208 50 days ago

Wow! Super cool.

Quoted from docquest:

Yes, my first ones shipped out in Feb this year.
For those not familiar with the mod, it's video screen (or two) that fits in the apron. The screen
(or screens) play all 26 movie trailers from the films featured in the 201-2011 season of Elvira's Movie Macabre that were available for Stern to use in the Elviras House of Horrors pinball machine.
Speaking of which, the original screen I've used for the mod so far is currently out of stock everywhere and the manufacturer of it doesnt expect them to be back in stock until spring or even later due to chip shortages.
So I've been looking for a replacement that fits the space and finally found one that still fits in the area and is in stock. The new version2 screen is a little bigger than the previous one (2.4" vs 1.7"), higher resolution (320x240 vs 160x128), and aspect ratio is a little wider (1.33 vs 1.25).
The new screen is still backlit in the upper corner behind the eyeball so when the apron GI lights flicker for the lightning effects you can still see it via the eyeball. However due to the size of the new screen and where its mounted, the other corner of the screen with the text is no longer backlit like it was with the original smaller screen.
The cost with the new screen is the same as before, $320 for a dual screen setup and $175 for a single screen. USPS priority shipping in continental US is $15 and international shipping is available and varies depending on country. I have red swirls background art for Premiums and bluish/purple for LE/SLE/40'th anniversay versions.
I have a small number in stock ready to go right now on a first come first serve basis. In a few weeks I'll have more in stock and will put them in my pinside shop. If you are interested please PM me for details.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#10209 50 days ago

+1, I send a PM

#10210 50 days ago

I will make sure to update my TWIPY vote to include you as best mod! I absolutely love mine! For some reason I thought that it came out in 2020. My mistake. Also, I recently posted that I am selling a mounting kit that will allow you to relocate the Stern insider connected QR code reader to the coin door. I think this is a must if you want to have dual screens and IC enabled on your EHOH. You can find out more and order one from here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

IMG_0759 (resized).jpg
#10211 48 days ago

Where are you guys sourcing boney flippers for your Elviras? The favorite yellow flippers on my LE look plain and begging for an upgrade. Any suggestions?

#10212 48 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Where are you guys sourcing boney flippers for your Elviras? The favorite yellow flippers on my LE look plain and begging for an upgrade. Any suggestions?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10343

#10214 47 days ago

Any source for high quality instruction cards for Elvira LE? I’d like to print some glossy laminate cards if anyone makes or sells them. I just ordered Docquest’s dual apron screen kit and would like to also address the factory instruction cards. Any suggestions?

#10215 47 days ago

Hi folks,

I'm still getting grief from the right ramp (upper right Opto) registering ghost hits at the rate of machine-gun fire!

Can someone instruct me where in the settings I can go to test this opto in the test settings, so I don't have to start a game to test it.

Thanks

0CB74B4E-57E8-4AFE-842A-53603A66EF57 (resized).jpeg
#10216 47 days ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hi folks,
I'm still getting grief from the right ramp (upper right Opto) registering ghost hits at the rate of machine-gun fire!
Can someone instruct me where in the settings I can go to test this opto in the test settings, so I don't have to start a game to test it.
Thanks

It's a common problem so I wouldn't even bother testing. You will have to slightly enlarge the holes in front of each opto. 1/4 inch should be enough. Start with a smaller bit and work your way up to that size.

Rob

#10217 47 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Any source for high quality instruction cards for Elvira LE? I’d like to print some glossy laminate cards if anyone makes or sells them. I just ordered Docquest’s dual apron screen kit and would like to also address the factory instruction cards. Any suggestions?

Haven’t seen any glossy options I like but these lenticular ones are great:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/5#post-6502885

They don’t photograph well but look great in person.

#10218 47 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Haven’t seen any glossy options I like but these lenticular ones are great:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards/page/5#post-6502885
They don’t photograph well but look great in person.

Yes they do, have em on ours and really like

#10220 47 days ago

Thanks guys, those do look nice. If I don’t see any other options, I’ll order a set of the lenticulars!

#10221 47 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks guys, those do look nice. If I don’t see any other options, I’ll order a set of the lenticulars!

Order the oversized ones and attach with magnetic tape. Nice finished look and no bent corners!

#10223 47 days ago

I ordered the oversized lenticular cards with borders. Will install with magnetic tape, as suggested. Thanks guys!

#10224 46 days ago

Question, I thought that the 1.02 code was supposed to make the Christmas modes available in the regular rotation during December (without the skeleton keys). Any ideas on how to get to them?

#10225 46 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Question, I thought that the 1.02 code was supposed to make the Christmas modes available in the regular rotation during December (without the skeleton keys). Any ideas on how to get to them?

From the Readme notes

rps20211206_133546 (resized).jpg
#10226 46 days ago

Yep, I got Santa Claus the other day but you still need the key.

#10228 46 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I thought that was just Christmas day.

Definitely better if it’s all month

#10229 46 days ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Yep, I got Santa Claus the other day but you still need the key.

Ahhh so you need the key then the mode will appear. It would be cool if it was a bit more frequent

#10230 46 days ago

The key unlocks the room on the right and gives one of three modes - Dracula, Giant Gila Monster or Santa Conquers Mars. On christmas day when you complete the santa mode there is a special message from Elvira at the end. It just fun to get the key and try to get that room. If you like to see it more often than just play more especially on christmas day.

#10231 45 days ago

I got my Santa Claus achievement today!

3B34C842-18B0-493B-821A-020C409AF72F (resized).jpeg
#10232 45 days ago

Got a call…. My Elvira 40th is going into production Monday and should ship around a week later.

#10233 45 days ago

Congrats! I tough they already made all of the 40th ones!

#10234 45 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got a call…. My Elvira 40th is going into production Monday and should ship around a week later.

Wish I could get a call like that about my Premium I've had on order since May.

#10235 44 days ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Wish I could get a call like that about my Premium I've had on order since May.

I was really hoping Stern was going to build the premiums along side the 40'th. But it appears that they are neglecting the large amount of premium backorders and use the parts they have to build the 40'th version exclusively. Very disappointing behaviour on Sterns part if that how it ends up playing out.

#10236 44 days ago

Yes .. that isn’t cool to make the new variant prior to the list of paid Prem buyers

I hope this doesn’t end in the manner of dropping EHoH before all buyers orders are satisfied

Looks sadly as tho those who paid more get the game first

#10237 44 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Very disappointing behaviour on Sterns part if that how it ends up playing out.

That's putting it mildly. I personally think its a SUPER dick move and I have lost respect for them.

#10238 44 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was really hoping Stern was going to build the premiums along side the 40'th. But it appears that they are neglecting the large amount of premium backorders and use the parts they have to build the 40'th version exclusively. Very disappointing behaviour on Sterns part if that how it ends up playing out.

It's the Dutch Pinball model.

#10239 44 days ago

When I have my game on in attract mode, I keep hearing what I think is a post firing every so often.

I haven't been able to tell if it's the post in that scoop behind the house, or something IN the house. Anyone else have this issue? Game seems to play fine otherwise, although i'm still getting the occasional reject from the house ramp. I've been turning the game off as soon as I'm done lately.

#10240 44 days ago

If you are really firing a coil you should check for loose wires shorting the coil. I doubt any coil would be enabled in the software at that point.

#10241 44 days ago
Quoted from Apex:

If you are really firing a coil you should check for loose wires shorting the coil. I doubt any coil would be enabled in the software at that point.

That's a good point; something physical is definitely firing - but I'll check - just have to figure out which coil...

#10242 44 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's a good point; something physical is definitely firing - but I'll check - just have to figure out which coil...

I've had the garage lock fire during attract mode. Dirty optos. A good blow job and she was all good.

#10243 44 days ago

I don’t put a lot of plays on my EHoH, maybe a few games a month, although I love this pin. I read this thread yesterday about the Santa Claus mode and decided to give it a try. I got the key right away, and worked my way through the rooms to unlock the 8th, and…Santa!

6E5337D5-5F18-495D-A2C9-B9D441B5C8FD (resized).jpeg
#10244 44 days ago

Is it possible to get anything besides Santa with the key in December? I have gotten it 4 times in a row. Is it just luck? I have gotten Gila monster in the past but can’t seem to get it now with my insider connected.

#10245 44 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Is it possible to get anything besides Santa with the key in December? I have gotten it 4 times in a row. Is it just luck? I have gotten Gila monster in the past but can’t seem to get it now with my insider connected.

I believe you can select the haunt with the flipper (shown by the window that's lit in the house) before sending the ball in

#10246 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I don’t put a lot of plays on my EHoH, maybe a few games a month, although I love this pin. I read this thread yesterday about the Santa Claus mode and decided to give it a try. I got the key right away, and worked my way through the rooms to unlock the 8th, and…Santa!
[quoted image]

Once you have the key the secret room is unlocked.

It's the window on the far right. You can cradle the ball and select which haunt you want with the flippers (watch the windows move and take in account the extra flip to make the shot).

You don't have to work through any rooms to unlock it.

#10247 44 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's the window on the far right. You can cradle the ball and select which haunt you want with the flippers (watch the windows move and take in account the extra flip to make the shot).

#10248 44 days ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I am still confused. What does the 1.02 code do if you could always just select it?

#10249 44 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am still confused. What does the 1.02 code do if you could always just select it?

You can't select which haunt in the locked room starts. It is still random, however, during December it is more likely that SCCTM will start.

#10250 44 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I've had the garage lock fire during attract mode. Dirty optos. A good blow job and she was all good.

LOL, I will check on that

There are 10,523 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside