20211124_142454 (resized).jpg
20211124_142503 (resized).jpg
IMG_0760 (resized).jpg
IMG_0759 (resized).jpg
Dona Elvira 2 (resized).jpg
4F40E445-D6FD-4A8E-88EE-F379B1D906CD (resized).jpeg
8290EBD1-122D-406B-88B5-5554B6D27180 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 204.
#10151 5 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The Insider Connected kits are due any day at distribs/retailers. That’s why we just got the big code push.

Yeah, but they are not selling them to consumers!?

#10152 5 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah, but they are not selling them to consumers!?

They are going to locations first. Supposedly, they will be available to home users in January.

#10153 5 days ago

-

#10154 5 days ago

Ugh, bummer; no need to update. Man, really wish Lyman could have waited to go to CGC.

#10155 5 days ago

Ya, still holding out hope for a Wasp Woman haunt

#10156 5 days ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

And Eeeegah!!

#10157 5 days ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I’ll be stunned if we see any more game code updates unless they are significant bugs and maybe not even then.

#10158 5 days ago

I'm hearing rumblings that there isn't going to be a 2022 run for EHOH Premium. Any truth to this? I've had a deposit down since May and all I've heard from my distro is Q2 2022. Apparently there's some distro email out there now with the build schedule for Stern in 2022 and EHOH isn't on it.

Can anyone confirm? Am I just SOL on a NIB EHOH Premium?

#10159 5 days ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

I'm hearing rumblings that there isn't going to be a 2022 run for EHOH Premium. Any truth to this? I've had a deposit down since May and all I've heard from my distro is Q2 2022. Apparently there's some distro email out there now with the build schedule for Stern in 2022 and EHOH isn't on it.
Can anyone confirm? Am I just SOL on a NIB EHOH Premium?

I heard from my distributor yesterday that Elvira was pushed to Dec 2022.

#10160 5 days ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Yeow. Godzilla must have huge orders

#10161 4 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeow. Godzilla must have huge orders

as an owner of both...GZ's worth that hype

#10162 4 days ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Unfortunately this appears to be true, but you never know they could come a little sooner than that.

#10163 4 days ago

So I got my EHOH Premium home a bit ago (delivered to a friend due to my serious spine condition)

There's a few issues.

I'll start on the left.

1. Trunk lid seems loose, frequently off center to the right. When it opens the left front corner sags, and the ball hits the lid on the left end / entrance, bit but still goes in.

2. Trunk decals not staying put / stick down

3. Air balls off the left ramp when it hits near the inlane hole. I'm guessing fast balls don't follow the dip at the close end of the ramp (I'm not sure I have the machine levels correct... I'll have to wait for assistance due to my physical delema)

4. Are there a replacement mod trunk or decals?

Thanks!

BobC

#10164 4 days ago

FYI I heard from my distributor that the next run of House of Horrors is actually December 2023!

I asked him are you sure you don't mean Dec 2022?

He said it was Dec 2023.

But whatever it is it totally sucks.

Stern needs to open up another production line.

Because you know they're not going to stop coming out with new machines right?

So used machine prices are probably going to go crazy cuz you're going to have people buying machines just to flip them because other people don't want to wait... beit people buying older Bally William titles or the newer Sterns.

I put a deposit on a Godzilla Premium just cuz everybody else is LOL
I guess it's going to be the next big thing.
So that's like August?
And I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to pay for it other than put it on it credit card and pray for a financial miracle.
And it will probably go up to $1,000 before it gets made on top of it all.

I ain't selling anything in my collection.
The only thing I might sell is no good gophers but I'm sure I would regret that.
Sometimes if I haven't played something for a while and I get back to it, then I like it again LOL
And who knows how expensive or easy will be able to find a no good golfers again and mine is in a known condition.

Good luck to those waiting on a pin.
With demand and "parts bottlenecks" whatever they want to call it... I'm sure Stern is going to continue to screw people on pricing on top of the waits.

Maybe you could buy something that is going to come out sooner, and then flip that when the Elvira is about to get you? That way you would probably insulate yourself from price increases, and who knows maybe you like the other pin better?
But I've been smitten with Elvira!
She's locked in the garage and not escaping...

#10165 4 days ago
Quoted from BobC:

3. Air balls off the left ramp when it hits near the inlane hole. I'm guessing fast balls don't follow the dip at the close end of the ramp (I'm not sure I have the machine levels correct... I'll have to wait for assistance due to my physical delema)

For #3, I had balls going off the end of the ramp return also. I got this mod and it’s been great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02920-anti-airball-ramp-deflector-for-elvira-house-of-horrors

#10166 4 days ago

I know that several of you have DOCQUEST's cool apron screen mod in your EHOH and will not want to place the IC QR code reader in your apron. To address this issue on my machine, I designed a mount that allows for the reader to be placed in the coin door. I am going to sell this as a kit. If you are interested or want to buy one they will be available first come first served and start shipping in less than two week.

I don't want to hijack this thread so post any comments or questions in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount#post-6621582

IMG_0759 (resized).jpgIMG_0760 (resized).jpg
#10167 4 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I know that several of you have DOCQUEST's cool apron screen mod in your EHOH and will not want to place the IC QR code reader in your apron. To address this issue on my machine, I designed a mount that allows for the reader to be placed in the coin door. I am going to sell this as a kit. If you are interested or want to buy one they will be available first come first served and start shipping in less than two week.
I don't want to hijack this thread so post any comments or questions in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount#post-6621582[quoted image][quoted image]

And that's where it should of been from the factory. Great job!

#10168 4 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount#post-6621582[quoted image][quoted image]

I was thinking of 3d printing something similar. Nice!

#10169 4 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:And that's where it should of been from the factory. Great job!

As long as you're not using a bill acceptor it's ok.

Rob

#10170 4 days ago

Great mod by Vintoman. Real nice in Elvira, great service!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate/page/3#post-6621825

20211124_142454 (resized).jpg20211124_142458 (resized).jpg20211124_142503 (resized).jpg
#10171 4 days ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

I confirmed this with my distro yesterday as well. This sucks. I'm hoping it's just a place holder. In the video game industry, Dec of a year is a common date to announce to retailers when they don't have a solid release date scheduled yet.

#10172 4 days ago

There is always hope for something sooner, but it sure sounds like they have the runs all planned out. Mando in this month, Godzilla in that month, another Avengers run...3 new cornerstones or whatever. The backlogs are insane. There isn't a reason to bail, but my expectation for actually getting this game is not great.

#10173 3 days ago

Can someone tell me for certain the correct part number of these rubber bumpers? There are three of them at the ramp entrances, but they don't appear to be mentioned in the manual. There are several variations available at Pinball Life.
bnob.jpg

#10174 3 days ago

Ugh..the news of the next run being pushed farther out sucks. Been waiting since May and have a few mods purchased. Oh well, as they say “All good things goes to those who wait”.

As long as there isn’t a Big Bang Bar remake or Back to the Future pin I’ll hold the money for her.

#10175 3 days ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Can someone tell me for certain the correct part number of these rubber bumpers? There are three of them at the ramp entrances, but they don't appear to be mentioned in the manual. There are several variations available at Pinball Life.
[quoted image]

Text me Tiny, I have some for you ....

#10176 3 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Ugh..the news of the next run being pushed farther out sucks.

I still cant get over how shitty it is that Stern is building the 40th ones but the premiums are now pushed out a YEAR! Unreal.

#10177 3 days ago

with them pushing out premiums, I may pull the trigger on selling mine...

#10178 3 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I may pull the trigger on selling mine...

The price on these will be going up for sure.

#10179 3 days ago

Really? This can't be true...... I've ordered one here in Europe in May this year. My distributor told me that the run from may 2021 was for the North American market and later in 2021 begin 2022 Stern would do another run for the European market. I still hope that is the case, otherwise I'm going to cancel my order. I'm not going to wait another year, let alone 2 years. I know Stern doesn't give a damn and in this market they can do what they want to distributors and customers, everything they create sells..... I do think it would be better for them to be a bit more transparent in their production schedule.

Still hope they do a premium run for Europe.......

#10180 3 days ago

Didn’t think I’d get one for at least a year but managed to get one of the few here in the U.K. and has the best custom paint job I’ve seen on a pin.
I couldn’t be happier with it and a nice compliment to my Mando LE

FBB1A921-7ADE-4C19-A18A-853939142460 (resized).jpeg
#10181 3 days ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

best custom paint job I’ve seen on a pin.

You are not kidding. WOW. Awesome

#10182 3 days ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Didn’t think I’d get one for at least a year but managed to get one of the few here in the U.K. and has the best custom paint job I’ve seen on a pin.
[quoted image]

Wow!

#10183 2 days ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

[quoted image]

Bad ass paint job….

#10184 2 days ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

I don't know about the rest of you but I am seriously pissed. Elvira has had 1 price hike and most likely see another. The LE owners must feel robbed with the 40th version coming out. Not to mention all of us who have been waiting now are pushed back a year instead of it being made now instead. They think they are doing dealers a favor for christmas by coming out with the 40th while screwing the customers who have already put money down. Ok, who here wants to play House of Horrors right before Christmas 2022 and not before Halloween? Anyone.. anyone? Lousy marketing right there. I understand there is a backlog but they didnt need to cut in line from waiting customers for profit and introduce yet another version. Shame on you Stern.

#10185 2 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Elvira has had 1 price hike and most likely see another.

This is the real problem IMO. It's one thing to push production back due to supply issues, backlog, etc. But, when they continue to bump prices up as they push back pending orders, its robbery. I mean in some cases, people could have a deposit on a game a sit through (potentially) 2+ prices increases. They should at least honer the prices on committed games. I can't think of another industry where this sort of practice flies.

#10186 2 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I don't know about the rest of you but I am seriously pissed. Elvira has had 1 price hike and most likely see another. The LE owners must feel robbed with the 40th version coming out. Not to mention all of us who have been waiting now are pushed back a year instead of it being made now instead. They think they are doing dealers a favor for christmas by coming out with the 40th while screwing the customers who have already put money down. Ok, who here wants to play House of Horrors right before Christmas 2022 and not before Halloween? Anyone.. anyone? Lousy marketing right there. I understand there is a backlog but they didnt need to cut in line from waiting customers for profit and introduce yet another version. Shame on you Stern.

I feel your pain. Waiting for a game that keeps getting pushed to the back of the line sucks! I just wanted to point out that the LE owners are sitting pretty because of the release of this new 25K version. The original LE was around 10K and is now going north of 15K. I'm not upset as a LE owner - Heck, my game is worth 50% than I paid for it. To top things off, the LE is colored correctly (no purple blood or couch). Same can be said for the premium owners to a certain degree. The only buyers that got price screwed were the SE buyers. That isn't a big deal because it too has the correct color scheme (I prefer the look of the SE over the 40th Anniversary game). SE and 40th Anniversary game won't likely see that type of price increase.

#10187 2 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I feel your pain. Waiting for a game that keeps getting pushed to the back of the line sucks! I just wanted to point out that the LE owners are sitting pretty because of the release of this new 25K version. The original LE was around 10K and is now going north of 15K. I'm not upset as a LE owner - Heck, my game is worth 50% than I paid for it. To top things off, the LE is colored correctly (no purple blood or couch). Same can be said for the premium owners to a certain degree. The only buyers that got price screwed were the SE buyers. That isn't a big deal because it too has the correct color scheme (I prefer the look of the SE over the 40th Anniversary game). SE and 40th Anniversary game won't likely see that type of price increase.

That is not how things work! People used the same argument when CGC released the CCr SE+ For the same price as the LEs. This lowered the value if the LEs, not increases it. Any time supply increases, prices fall; Especially for collectibles.

#10188 2 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That is not how things work! People used the same argument when CGC released the CCr SE+ For the same price as the LEs. This lowered the value if the LEs, not increases it. Any time supply increases, prices fall; Especially for collectibles.

Not when the new supply is being issued at 25K.

#10189 2 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This is the real problem IMO. It's one thing to push production back due to supply issues, backlog, etc. But, when they continue to bump prices up as they push back pending orders, its robbery. I mean in some cases, people could have a deposit on a game a sit through (potentially) 2+ prices increases. They should at least honer the prices on committed games. I can't think of another industry where this sort of practice flies.

I agree with you. There is a lot of stuff in this industry where manufacturer practices wouldn't fly. Wish there was more competition so at least some of nonsense would change.

#10190 2 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree with you. There is a lot of stuff in this industry where manufacturer practices wouldn't fly. Wish there was more competition so at least some of nonsense would change.

It will be interesting to watch distributors practices on base games as well next year.

#10191 2 days ago

Waiting another year with potential price hikes absolutely frustrating.

#10192 2 days ago

My pic last night wasn’t the best, so here’s some better pics of the airbrushing done by a very talented person in Germany.
I had a preorder for one but looks like I was looking at a long time and a price hike before I potentially got one.
In my opinion this is better than the LE or the 40th and definitely cost a lot less.
It’s a fantastic game, a cross between scared stiff and The Addams Family, it’s pretty bad that more people haven’t got the chance to own one, at least in the foreseeable future

29922698-36D5-46E0-99B7-5F4E2DAF5DA6 (resized).jpeg31CA06BF-6E24-49AE-A695-D1F23E0031BF (resized).jpeg65ADD444-5640-4E78-AF75-02717B1FA9D8 (resized).jpeg8257D71E-550E-48FF-995C-E246A0BEDF48 (resized).jpeg9D3F7C7B-75F5-4712-83DC-F53AEE012C49 (resized).jpegA1850D2B-CEE7-4C66-BAEE-4189B4A30684 (resized).jpeg
#10193 2 days ago

I was at the retail outlet for an authorized Stern distributor earlier today... they had customers coming in to buy an EHOH and they were told December 2022 at the earliest... and they would be put on the list. I am still curious if that means the next run is in 12/2022 or is that is just their next availability?

I wonder, other than Godzilla (and maybe Mando) if there is any other Stern game with as many people waiting on a list?

#10194 1 day ago

Hey… my left pop is going nuts. It is firing non-stop - I don’t see anything obvious. Any ideas?

#10195 1 day ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Hey… my left pop is going nuts. It is firing non-stop - I don’t see anything obvious. Any ideas?

The switch is stuck closed

#10196 1 day ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I don’t think so… I didn’t see it closed plus after about an hour of cool down it was fine.

#10197 1 day ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I guess it had to be… just weird how it played out.

Thank you for responding!

#10198 3 hours ago

Just thought a few of you might like to see my completed and modded Elvira now it's finished. Thanks

#10199 2 hours ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

Just thought a few of you might like to see my completed and modded Elvira now it's finished. Thanks

I’d love to,
Thanks I’ll take a look

There are 10,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 204.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside