IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 363.
#10101 2 years ago

There is some cool stuff. That hood ornament- amazing

#10102 2 years ago

I am just wondering if anyone has had this same problem.

Suddenly the “Un-happy hour” mode starts up by itself and then goes completely ballistic “ghost” registring hits non-stop.

If you've had this same issue or know what's causing it, please let me know.

Thanks

#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Is she, alright? Is everything ok? It’s none of my business- but I’m trying to read between the lines, it appears last call is near. Tell me I’m wrong, please.

I saw her at the autograph signing in Los Angeles on Saturday and she looked amazing. She stayed and signed for every last person that showed up by 3pm.

#10104 2 years ago

I'd love to have thst slot machine topper on page 3. But it will sell pretty high I'm thinkin. Wonder how much the buyers premium is?

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

That’s a opening bid. Sure I’ll share the link to auction. I mean, yeah this is a lot of shit to be holding onto
https://www.julienslive.com/auctions/catalog/id/371

Lol love the Elvira worn G Strings. Sure beats a Dam sofa square!

#10106 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I am just wondering if anyone has had this same problem.
Suddenly the “Un-happy hour” mode starts up by itself and then goes completely ballistic “ghost” registring hits non-stop.
If you've had this same issue or know what's causing it, please let me know.
Thanks

I had that exact thing and it was the opto alignment for the right ramp near the crypt. It’s a common issue. Check that alignment. For me I just had to press on the opto a bit. Others have drilled a larger hole in the plastic ramp for the opto(I didn’t need to.)

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I had that exact thing and it was the opto alignment for the right ramp near the crypt. It’s a common issue. Check that alignment. For me I just had to press on the opto a bit. Others have drilled a larger hole in the plastic ramp for the opto(I didn’t need to.)

I'm going to mess around with it a little bit and see.

It's usually not hits registered

Working properly

Or ghost machine gun scoring!!

Do you have any clue where people drilled into the ramp?

Thanks for the tip

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Working properly
Thanks for the tip

Yeah it wasn’t registering for me either in switch test but it was still an issue. If you search this thread there is a specific ost about drilling the hole. Can’t remember exactly when but maybe back in June?

#10109 2 years ago

Added the yellow plastic protectors for the slings and lane guides. I also tweaked a couple of things. I adjusted the left orbit ball guide. Quick moving balls go to the left flipper now. A slow mover may still hit the sling without a nudge.

I also adjusted the control gate behind the house. Any slow shooter lane launches would get hung up under the gate and it was confusing folks playing. It required a pretty good nudge to get it loose. I ended up removing the house, then the control gate. I put two washers under each screw of the control gate and that did the trick. No more hang ups behind the house now.

I also tried sunlight bulbs in the lane guides and slings, but didn't really care for the difference. I stuck with the stock bulbs.

#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It’s already up to $17.5k. - this one might go for stupid money

I only asked one distributor, but his NIB price is $25k.
Was there even an MSRP ?

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I only asked one distributor, but his NIB price is $25k.
Was there even an MSRP ?

stern never announced an official price to the public

#10112 2 years ago

Before you go drilling holes you need to isolate which IR switch is a problem. Sometimes it is aligning, sometimes the IR switch goes bad. This is hard to test sometimes as it can be intermittent. I had the same problem when the game first came out. Go into switch test and start gently tapping your ramps to shake them. See if any are triggered.

Quoted from McDoom:

Working properly
Thanks for the tip

#10113 2 years ago

So I am assuming it’s safe to say there will not be a Premium run in the first quarter of 2022?

#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So I am assuming it’s safe to say there will not be a Premium run in the first quarter of 2022?

The rumor is that it got pushed well into 2022, and no guarantees it will happen at all in 2022. Nothing confirmed- just a wild rumor at this point.

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The rumor is that it got pushed well into 2022, and no guarantees it will happen at all in 2022. Nothing confirmed- just a wild rumor at this point.

Dang it! My Local arcade has one I can play, but I can’t drive so I have to wait for my wife to take my there every couple weeks. As much as I love my Godzilla LE maybe I will float it out there as trade bait to see if someone is ready to cut loose with there Elvira LE.

#10116 2 years ago

Hello all. Need some help.

My house shot is diverting to the right (to the pops) instead of to the left.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Many thanks in advance.

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

If Stern are going to make 199 40th Anniversary EHOH you would think it would make sense to make the premiums at the same time.

Stern are not giving out their production schedule so who knows what games are even going to be made?

#10118 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dang it! My Local arcade has one I can play, but I can’t drive so I have to wait for my wife to take my there every couple weeks. As much as I love my Godzilla LE maybe I will float it out there as trade bait to see if someone is ready to cut loose with there Elvira LE.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"aeeb10d4fcf2d31250f7bca208070aacbfb8d8f5-1637102559-1800"};
//]]>

Man the last couple of premium Elvira's that were listed were 13k each. Not sure the Godzilla Le would get you an le right now.

Also not great news on production based on the rumblings going around. Elvira premium may not get built anytime soon.

#10119 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Man the last couple of premium Elvira's that were listed were 13k each. Not sure the Godzilla Le would get you an le right now.
Also not great news on production based on the rumblings going around. Elvira premium may not get built anytime soon.

I bought an LE from a guy last week and he said he was turning down deals for a Godzilla LE. It's just one guy, but still the demand is out there.

#10120 2 years ago

It's an interesting time. Stern is going to keep releasing their cornerstone games on schedule, but they likely have enough Mandos, Elvira's, and Godzillas on order to keep them busy until summer. Now if they throw out another smash hit like Godzilla for their next release in (December/January?) everything just gets pushed out even further. Like many others, I'm waiting for a Gozilla premium, so we can only hope that their next game is a total dud.

#10121 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It's an interesting time. Stern is going to keep releasing their cornerstone games on schedule, but they likely have enough Mandos, Elvira's, and Godzillas on order to keep them busy until summer. Now if they throw out another smash hit like Godzilla for their next release in (December/January?) everything just gets pushed out even further. Like many others, I'm waiting for a Gozilla premium, so we can only hope that their next game is a total dud.

They can’t stop creating new titles, so if production can’t be increased the only solution is to retire titles at a much faster rate than they currently are.

That would mean Batman, Star Wars, GotG, IMDN and DP get retired ASAP.

#10122 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If Stern are going to make 199 40th Anniversary EHOH you would think it would make sense to make the premiums at the same time.
Stern are not giving out their production schedule so who knows what games are even going to be made?

Not if there is a parts issue.

#10123 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

so we can only hope that their next game is a total dud.

I hear it’s a vault of either Big Buck Hunter, WWE or The Rolling Stones.

#10124 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I hear it’s a vault of either Big Buck Hunter, WWE or The Rolling Stones.

Why would they do a vault of WWE? Plenty still around NIB

#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Not if there is a parts issue.

Ahh yes. I did not think of that.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10126 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd love to have thst slot machine topper on page 3. But it will sell pretty high I'm thinkin. Wonder how much the buyers premium is?

Funny story about that topper. She has it because of me!

Way back when her first slot machine came out, I was fortunate enough to be in contact with Cassandra. I was trying to get one of those toppers so I asked her if she could get one from IGT as I'd be interested in buying one. She said "You know, I never thought to ask." Well, she asked and IGT sent her two of them on these really nice wooden display bases.

I ended up buying one from her, which I still have, and she kept the other one which is now being auctioned.

BTW, buyer's premium is 25%. Another 3% if online. Sales tax on top of that if picked up or shipped in California. That's almost a whopping 38%!

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Way back when her first slot machine came out, I was fortunate enough to be in contact with Cassandra. I was trying to get one of those toppers so I asked her if she could get one from IGT as I'd be interested in buying one. She said "You know, I never thought to ask." Well, she asked and IGT sent her two of them on these really nice wooden display bases.
I ended up buying one from her, which I still have, and she kept the other one which is now being auctioned.
BTW, buyer's premium is 25%. Another 3% if online. Sales tax on top of that if picked up or shipped in California. That's almost a whopping 38%!

Great story! Congrats.

#10128 2 years ago

25% buyers fee!! With the sellers fee, the auctioneer will make more than Elvira

#10129 2 years ago

is that really 47 inches tall, because that will not fit as a topper

#10130 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

is that really 47 inches tall, because that will not fit as a topper

If you include the bottom arch rock base, yes, it's that tall (that might also include the candle assembly too).

Elvira on the chair is a separate piece that can be removed from the topper assembly. That's what I did so I could place it on top of my SS.

#10131 2 years ago

If anybody has a Stern Elvira topper sale please reach out.

Thank you !

#10132 2 years ago

code 1.03 is out! (looks to mainly be stern connected changes):

V1.03.0 - Nov. 22, 2021
=======================

System - Updated to V2.97.0
- Updated to Spike 2 OS V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0
- Added Connectivity support for Spike 2 games
- Added Standard Adjustments:
- "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
- "SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
- "ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough
players to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
- "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS"- set brightness of LCD display.
- Added Standard Audits:
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- "TOTAL POWER ONS" - display the number of times the machine has been power cycled.
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
- "1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
- "2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
- "3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
- "4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
- "ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- LOGIN behavior:
- When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
- When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
- When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- GAME RESTART behavior: Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater
will follow the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment:
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#10133 2 years ago

ok no need for the update. Nothing there

#10134 2 years ago

I was excited. For about 3 seconds!

#10135 2 years ago

I am upgrading now and plan to transfer my Godzilla IC hardware over to Elvira to try it out! I will let you know how it goes.

#10136 2 years ago

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that no code changes are listed but I’m a bit disappointed.

#10137 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am upgrading now and plan to transfer my Godzilla IC hardware over to Elvira to try it out! I will let you know how it goes.

Let us know if you see any achievements when playing.

#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I guess we shouldn’t be surprised that no code changes are listed but I’m a bit disappointed.

Me too. I was hoping they had a few more additions that were previously finished and were just waiting for the IC connected stuff to release with it.

#10139 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Let us know if you see any achievements when playing.

Here is the list of them....

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/116/achievements

#10140 2 years ago

Anyone know what cabinet lights are?

Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#10141 2 years ago

I upgraded the code but an netting an error that a mini SD card is needed. Before I move the one over from my Godzilla over I want to verify that this will work and not screw up my Godzilla machine.

CDECF9D8-A4AF-4599-8D3B-65840C59250B (resized).jpegCDECF9D8-A4AF-4599-8D3B-65840C59250B (resized).jpeg
#10142 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I upgraded the code but an netting an error that a mini SD card is needed. Before I move the one over from my Godzilla over I want to verify that this will work and not screw up my Godzilla machine.[quoted image]

It should be fine - I think the micro SD is just used as a temp storage for downloading the update code. You could always pull it from GZ and copy any files on it as a backup measure just in case.

#10143 2 years ago

I wonder if you can make your own insider connected with a wifi adapter and camera?

#10144 2 years ago

Got it working and there are achievements!!

8290EBD1-122D-406B-88B5-5554B6D27180 (resized).jpeg8290EBD1-122D-406B-88B5-5554B6D27180 (resized).jpegEECC1DB2-BC4B-4AE6-9003-CAA42E52CEDB (resized).jpegEECC1DB2-BC4B-4AE6-9003-CAA42E52CEDB (resized).jpeg
#10145 2 years ago

What size microSD card is needed?

#10146 2 years ago

Godzilla had this 16gb one in it. Thankfully I had another 16gb one on hand (different brand). Elvira formatted it for me when it booted up.

4F40E445-D6FD-4A8E-88EE-F379B1D906CD (resized).jpeg4F40E445-D6FD-4A8E-88EE-F379B1D906CD (resized).jpeg
#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Godzilla had this 16gb one in it. Thankfully I had another 16gb one on hand (different brand). Elvira formatted it for me when it booted up.
[quoted image]

What did you use as the QR code scanner? Or did you remove it from Zilla?

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I temporarily stole it from Godzilla. Good news is I was able to keep both games registered in my account using the same hardware. Hopefully once I move it back, I don't have to make any changes in my IC account.

#10149 2 years ago

So do any of you Elvira 3 (Elvira's House of Horrors) owners also own Elvira 2 (Dona Elvira 2) ?
Dona Elvira 2 (resized).jpgDona Elvira 2 (resized).jpg

#10150 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The Insider Connected kits are due any day at distribs/retailers. That’s why we just got the big code push.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/203?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.