IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 363.
#10001 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You know what would have been amazing? Dressing up the playfield with a detailed house mold, the ramps that were pulled, detailed sculpts for the plastic covers, etc.
THAT would have been impressive for the price

I’ll have what you’re drinking

#10002 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You know what would have been amazing? Dressing up the playfield with a detailed house mold, the ramps that were pulled, detailed sculpts for the plastic covers, etc.

Maybe lunch with Gary Stern, dinner with Elvira and a free Iron Maiden Pro....then I'd be tempted.

#10003 2 years ago

I couldn't help but notice in that video the MAJOR color differences versus what is shown in the promo pic. The promo pic shows a much lighter purple powdercoat and backbox trim. That Expo purple looks almost black. Personally I think the promo colors look much better than that Expo game.

EHOH flyer vs IRL.pngEHOH flyer vs IRL.png
#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yeah, for the kind of dough these are supposed to cost, it should have been a lot more custom. Actually putting back the mechanical wheel of fate on the left outlane would be cool, too.

#10005 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, for the kind of dough these are supposed to cost, it should have been a lot more custom. Actually putting back the mechanical wheel of fate on the left outlane would be cool, too.

Did Stern have a mechanical version in this game at one point? I have not seen or heard of this.

#10006 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did Stern have a mechanical version in this game at one point? I have not seen or heard of this.

Yeah, Dennis talked about it at one of the pinball shows a few years ago. The apron had a "wheel of fate" on the left side for when you drained on the left side. It would spin and award you things when you drained on that side. The left side also had a whoop-de-do ramp like whitewater on the left side leading to the trunk, and the ramp went around behind the house also. It was a way cooler design. Probably cost-reduced after he left for deeproot, but it made it way less Nordman-like.

EDIT: Found it. Here's the pic from that presentation. His original design was much cooler than what shipped...
nordmans-original-Elvira3-design (resized).jpgnordmans-original-Elvira3-design (resized).jpg

#10007 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I couldn't help but notice in that video the MAJOR color differences versus what is shown in the promo pic. The promo pic shows a much lighter purple powdercoat and backbox trim. That Expo purple looks almost black. Personally I think the promo colors look much better than that Expo game.[quoted image]

Foil cabinet art and metal flake doesn't photograph very well. Probably why they dummied it up. I think the real thing looks very nice in the Expo tour video. 30k nice? Um, no. Not even 20k nice, IMO. I got burned on the 15k Batman'66 SLE that was anything but and had terrible support for defective cabinet art (Stern never fixed it). Never again.

#10008 2 years ago

Is there any word on when these 199 special edition pins are shipping? Is Stern stabbing current customers with Premium pre-orders in the back by making them wait until 2022 *and* paying 2022 pricing?

#10009 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there any word on when these 199 special edition pins are shipping? Is Stern stabbing current customers with Premium pre-orders in the back by making them wait until 2022 *and* paying 2022 pricing?

December

#10010 2 years ago

Damn. What a slap in the face.

#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Damn. What a slap in the face.

Since playfields are identical it would make sense to run standard premiums with the 40'th so maybe it will be one big run so there are all built in December.

I'm assuming though that they will all probably have the insider connected hardware added so price will be higher for that.

I was hoping they would have had the new apron art to fit the insider connected stuff to show off at the show but I guess it wasn't ready yet. Maybe they will show something during the Stern seminar.

#10012 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since playfields are identical it would make sense to run standard premiums with the 40'th so maybe it will be one big run so there are all built in December.
I'm assuming though that they will all probably have the insider connected hardware added so price will be higher for that.
I was hoping they would have had the new apron art to fit the insider connected stuff to show off at the show but I guess it wasn't ready yet. Maybe they will show something during the Stern seminar.

That would be a great Christmas gift of that actually happens.

#10013 2 years ago

Doubt it. Prem will be February most likely and more money. Distributor said “Gary hasn’t decided to raise Elvira yet”. He will at least $500

#10014 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I couldn't help but notice in that video the MAJOR color differences versus what is shown in the promo pic. The promo pic shows a much lighter purple powdercoat and backbox trim. That Expo purple looks almost black. Personally I think the promo colors look much better than that Expo game.[quoted image]

The original image has been colour graded in photoshop or something. I thought it as soon as I saw it . . . it's far too vibrant to be an accurate representation.

The other issue is that they've not powdercoated the door or speaker panel which is scurrilous.

Considering this is supposed to be the super special ultra rare fantasy GOAT edition you'd think that Stern would make the best Elvira they were capable of making.

The topper is already manufactured and on the production line so why omit it? The rails and lockbar are going to be powder coated anyway so why not just stick all of the metal in? Not including these items is a cut-back and a cost saving.

I can only conclude that there will be a cynical final edition which include all of the upgrades and it will cost as much as a new Mercedes.

Stern may well be cooking the golden goose.

#10015 2 years ago

Has anyone tried putting Stern's Munsters armor on an Elvira Premium? I'm wondering how they'd look as is or powder coated with a red or purple metal flake. I'm looking for ways to gussy up Elvira without going the 40th Anniversary route. I'm assuming no one has the LE/SE dripping blood rails for sale.

Munsters ArmorMunsters Armor

#10016 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Has anyone tried putting Stern's Munsters armor on an Elvira Premium? I'm wondering how they'd look as is or powder coated with a red or purple metal flake. I'm looking for ways to gussy up Elvira without going the 40th Anniversary route. I'm assuming no one has the LE/SE dripping blood rails for sale.
[quoted image]

E2FEDA1C-3B07-453B-B393-7FB78B71A17D (resized).jpegE2FEDA1C-3B07-453B-B393-7FB78B71A17D (resized).jpeg
#10017 2 years ago

Well I finally threw down a deposit for a 2022 premium. Almost went for the 40th anniversary, but just couldn’t stomach the dough. Decided to get this and a Cactus Canyon LE. Win win.

#10018 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well I finally threw down a deposit for a 2022 premium. Almost went for the 40th anniversary, but just couldn’t stomach the dough. Decided to get this and a Cactus Canyon LE. Win win.

Win win is right despite the wait for Elvira

#10019 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would for sure take both games over one with fancy trim.

#10020 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Win win is right despite the wait for Elvira

You’re not kidding! I’ve been on the hunt for a premium or Le for a while, but I’m not willing to pay stupid prices. So I’ll have to wait it out. It’s all good.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would for sure take both games over one with fancy trim.

2 is always better than one…right?

#10021 2 years ago

Welp I was all set to join the owners club with a premium with topper and every extra mod available. After wiring a nice sum to a distributor today I get these pics...

Sadly they somehow dumped the machine before it even left on a truck. Fml

249512210_294545692549373_3011728336105343218_n (resized).jpg249512210_294545692549373_3011728336105343218_n (resized).jpg250556377_660638391600993_372969832812539526_n (resized).jpg250556377_660638391600993_372969832812539526_n (resized).jpg

#10022 2 years ago

Man, I’m so sorry. That’s a truly terrible sight.

#10023 2 years ago

Damn! That’s a bummer. Just be glad it didn’t happen when they were unloading it at your house.

#10024 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

One down and one to go![quoted image]

Did you finish these? How do they look on the pin and would they work on the upper front corners of the back box?

#10025 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So the only space I have where I can put a pinball is in the living room, and unfortunately, it's right next to 2 windows. My wife isn't too keen on the idea of closing those blinds all day, so my compromise is to make sure the machine is covered and protected from the UV when we aren't playing it. Sucks, but it's better than letting the artwork get ruined. At any rate, I'm wondering what you guys do to cover these things. I know I can get an actual pinball machine cover, but I think it would be cooler if I could get an Elvira cover specifically, since I can't have the machine looking all pretty and doing it's thing with the attract mode all the time.

I close all of the blinds during the day and house is like a bat cave, lol. That’s what happens when you scatter pins all over the house. I tried the cover thing, but that is a hassle and looks tacky, plus I like to enjoy the art on my games. Need bigger house with 2000 sq ft game room…someday

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10026 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Welp I was all set to join the owners club with a premium with topper and every extra mod available. After wiring a nice sum to a distributor today I get these pics...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Why would they put the legs on it prior to delivery. Looks like a stupid move on their part asking for trouble. That just totally sucks!!

#10027 2 years ago

When pinballs die, they usually go legs up...

Rob

#10028 2 years ago

Put in the full cliffy protector set past night. That took quite a bit longer than I anticipated but worth it for sure.

I also removed the clear plastic shooter lane protector that was in my game when I purchased it. Ball launches are more consistent now with the cliffy.

I removed the crypt vuk shaft and modified it as in the hurryuppinball video. I didn't have the Dremel attachment. So I used a sharp drill bit that was almost the same diameter as the plastic end of the shaft. Then I adjusted the Vuk power back to stock. In my testing it was consistently hitting the top or middle target. I will go with this for a bit and see if it stays consistent.

I need to tweak the left orbit ball guide a touch to reduce exits hitting the slings from there. I also have platic protectors to put in and a quiet fan too. I bought the clear protectors and then remembered that the previous owner included a yellow set. I need to see which looks better there too.

#10029 2 years ago

What a disaster! Forklifts and pinball machines

#10030 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone has any idea if the planned Elvira's HOH for 2022 will see a price increase (I believe I know the answer). If so, what is the expectation?
Trying to get a Premium but if the prices jump for too much more than the current 8899,00 I am not sure it will be worth that much and I may just get the Godzilla then.

#10031 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Why would they put the legs on it prior to delivery. Looks like a stupid move on their part asking for trouble. That just totally sucks!!

if i had to guess, they were using the forklift to raise it to remove the legs, and then it flipped. just a guess, though

#10032 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

Wondering if anyone has any idea if the planned Elvira's HOH for 2022 will see a price increase (I believe I know the answer). If so, what is the expectation?
Trying to get a Premium but if the prices jump for too much more than the current 8899,00 I am not sure it will be worth that much and I may just get the Godzilla then.

Elvira was priced higher than other premium models throughout it's lifecycle. I highly doubt they leave it at a price point lower than every other premium model they are building. I bet it sees a price hike too.

#10033 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Elvira was priced higher than other premium models throughout it's lifecycle. I highly doubt they leave it at a price point lower than every other premium model they are building. I bet it sees a price hike too.

Looks like MSRP is going to be $9,200

https://cointaker.com/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-premium-pinball-machine

#10034 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Looks like MSRP is going to be $9,200

That’s $400 more than what Stern is currently listing.

And to think I was stunned when the LE was $9600.

#10035 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Good decision

#10036 2 years ago

What distributor? That is just…the most idiotic shit I’ve ever seen. To handle one of these games…that are in such high demand, produced in stupid low numbers…like THIS?! No…and then to SEND PICS?!?! Wtf. I’d be f’n embarrassed as fu@k.

Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#10037 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What distributor? That is just…the most idiotic shit I’ve ever seen. To handle one of these games…that are in such high demand, produced in stupid low numbers…like THIS?! No…and then to SEND PICS?!?! Wtf. I’d be f’n embarrassed as fu@k.

So many questions…why would it even be off the pallet and out of the box before it was put on a truck?

#10038 2 years ago

This truly horrific Halloween experience brought to you by Orange County Pinballs

I get that stuff happens but I specifically messaged them earlier that day requesting extra care be taken of the legs and topper as my last machine from them arrived damaged..."we got this" he says. Then got these pics hours later of the machine inverted like Pete Mitchell.

No apology, just "hey the guy at the dock managed to break your game. We can fix it and send it (at zero discount) or refund you."

Sadness ensues lol.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#10039 2 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

This truly horrific Halloween experience brought to you by Orange County Pinballs
I get that stuff happens but I specifically messaged them earlier that day requesting extra care be taken of the legs and topper as my last machine from them arrived damaged..."we got this" he says. Then got these pics hours later of the machine inverted like Pete Mitchell.
No apology, just "hey the guy at the dock managed to break your game. We can fix it and send it (at zero discount) or refund you."
Sadness ensues lol.

Keep the topper (if it hadn’t already been attached to the head), cancel the game and find another dealer. They are 0 for 2 with you - why give them another chance? And I certainly wouldn’t trust them to fix that game. This wasn’t an accident - it was negligence. Very sorry for you.

#10040 2 years ago

Glad you posted your experience and identified the distro. Shippers and distros will only feel the need to improve if they feel it affect their biz or reputation. That game will need a skilled hand and good eye to replace and restore any damage, and who knows what glitches could show up later due to the tumble. If they offered to have Stern restore it, with a discount for customer inconvenience and loss of use, plus a solid warranty for possible hidden issues, then maybe. So sorry for your loss.

#10041 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Glad you posted your experience and identified the distro. Shippers and distros will only feel the need to improve if they feel it affect their biz or reputation. That game will need a skilled hand and good eye to replace and restore any damage, and who knows what glitches could show up later due to the tumble. If they offered to have Stern restore it, with a discount for customer inconvenience and loss of use, plus a solid warranty for possible hidden issues, then maybe. So sorry for your loss.

If they are a legitimate Stern distributor then following a 'stern' talking to, they should be dropped. Even Stern manuals actually state to not move pins like this.

#10042 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

My distro called me a couple of weeks ago and said it went up by $200. I asked him to confirm and he said that's what he was told by Stern, so that's what I paid. I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if I get another call down the road for a few hundred more, but right now, my total BOS is $8700 + extras and shipping.

#10043 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

My distro called me a couple of weeks ago and said it went up by $200. I asked him to confirm and he said that's what he was told by Stern, so that's what I paid. I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if I get another call down the road for a few hundred more, but right now, my total BOS is $8700 + extras and shipping.

That is not bad (I mean still a lot, but comparing with other increases of $1k+ for other machines I would say this is reasonable since it will include the Insider Connect).

Thanks

Ricardo Abech

#10044 2 years ago

Anyone have their house diverter act up? When I test it, I can only activate the 52 state (left flipper or - button). Could someone try their right flipper (+ button) and let me know if 53 actually does anything in this test?

The diverter seems to cycle around like ~ 102%, so each time it activates, it gets less and less calibrated, eventually blocking the path to start a haunt.

DF1248D6-5149-41AF-9008-16663157EF55 (resized).jpegDF1248D6-5149-41AF-9008-16663157EF55 (resized).jpeg

#10045 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Anyone have their house diverter act up? When I test it, I can only activate the 52 state (left flipper or - button). Could someone try their right flipper (+ button) and let me know if 53 actually does anything in this test?
The diverter seems to cycle around like ~ 102%, so each time it activates, it gets less and less calibrated, eventually blocking the path to start a haunt.
[quoted image]

There are two micro switches on the diverter assembly. One for the up position; the other for the down position. (I don't remember which is which.) The problem you describe seems similar to a problem I had. I thought the diverter was binding on something. I made a short video showing the issue and sent it to Pablo at Stern. He sent me two new micro switches followed by a complete new assembly. Unfortunately, it took a few months to get the assembly, so I disabled the diverter until it arrived. I have had no issues since installing the new assembly.

#10046 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There are two micro switches on the diverter assembly. One for the up position; the other for the down position. (I don't remember which is which.) The problem you describe seems similar to a problem I had. I thought the diverter was binding on something. I made a short video showing the issue and sent it to Pablo at Stern. He sent me two new micro switches followed by a complete new assembly. Unfortunately, it took a few months to get the assembly, so I disabled the diverter until it arrived. I have had no issues since installing the new assembly.

Well hey, it’s pride pinball! I almost flagged you down at expo, but I wasn’t 100% sure if it was you

My wife and I loved your Elvira rules rundown, snd we’ve watched it a few times since we got the table.

I’m gonna check into those 2 switches to see if that's what’s up.

Could you link me to that video?

Thank you!

#10047 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

My wife and I loved your Elvira rules rundown, snd we’ve watched it a few times since we got the table.

I somehow missed this. Have a link? Thanks in advance!

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Well hey, it’s pride pinball! I almost flagged you down at expo, but I wasn’t 100% sure if it was you
I’m gonna check into those 2 switches to see if that's what’s up.
Could you link me to that video?
Thank you!

Yes! It was me! You should have said something! I'm glad you liked the video!

I'll PM you the link to the diverter video since it's unlisted.

#10049 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I somehow missed this. Have a link? Thanks in advance!

Here's the rules overview video:

#10050 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Here's the rules overview video:

Thanks a bunch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/201?hl=shaffetrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.