IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

548 posts in this topic match your search for posts by skwilson. You are on page 1 of 3.
#48 4 years ago

Just got "the call!" Delivery tomorrow! Yea!

Thursday, October 10, 10:40am CT: Machine is here and in the game room ready to be un-boxed. Video to follow (hopefully).

#56 4 years ago

She's here and set up. Here are pics. I'll post videos when they're available.
20191010_104737 (resized).jpg20191010_104737 (resized).jpg20191010_112055 (resized).jpg20191010_112055 (resized).jpg20191010_114128 (resized).jpg20191010_114128 (resized).jpg20191010_115127 (resized).jpg20191010_115127 (resized).jpg20191010_115135 (resized).jpg20191010_115135 (resized).jpg For those concerned about pooling around the posts: 20191010_114152_001 (resized).jpg20191010_114152_001 (resized).jpg20191010_114141 (resized).jpg20191010_114141 (resized).jpg

#57 4 years ago

By the way, I couldn't really discern any detail in the laser-cut side rails from previous pictures. Pretty frickin' sweet!

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yes it doesnt react in the code

I had some shaker action when completing haunts.

Oh, and they removed the pool floats from the display.

#63 4 years ago

So, this isn't great, but here's a video of game play anyway. LOL

#71 4 years ago

Are your guys shaker working?

Yes. Not a lot, but it does shake when finishing haunts and when scoring super jackpots during multiball.

On another note, so happy to hear, "Ooo, nice organ!"

#72 4 years ago

No bid deal, but found a grammar mistake on the instruction card.

It's under House Party. See if you spot it.

20191011_135032 (resized).jpg20191011_135032 (resized).jpg
#76 4 years ago

If anyone wants to see, I took the glass off and played through the game.

*Spoiler Alert*

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Anyone else update to 0.83 and now have odd playfield lighting behavior while flipping? Each flip of the left flipper toggles the GI or flashers, and each flip of the right flipper toggles all the RGB lights from R to G to B. Making it rather difficult to know which shots are still needed to finish a mode.

Have you tried re-installing the code?

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

I figured it out. It was because I turned Feature Adjustment #92, "PHOTO SHOOT", on. I now believe that this is a debugging mode they forgot to remove that allows them to configure the lighting of the PF for taking photos.

LOL When I saw that in the adjustments, my first thought was, "There's not a camera in this game" and left it alone. Your definition makes more sense. Good job figuring it out!

#95 4 years ago

Here are the haunts and their related windows:

Left of front door:
Top window: "Teenagers from Outer Space"
Left window: "The Brain that Wouldn't Die"
Right window: "The Manster"

Center of house:
Window over front door: House Party - after playing three haunts

Right of front door:
Top window: "Werewolf of Washington"
Middle window: "Manos: The Hands of Fate"
Bottom window: "Night of the Living Dead"

Once a haunt is ready (skull pulsing on steps), a window will start flashing. Use the flippers to move the flashing window: Right flipper moves clockwise; left flipper moves counter-clockwise. When making the shot to start the haunt, remember the flip will change the selected window (a la Dialed In).

I tried collecting a skeleton key to unlock the windows on the far right, but they didn't light up.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Well, is it awesome to play? Do you find yourself wanting to play more???

I love it and, yes, I want to play more. Unfortunately, the code needs more development. Of course, I think most of us knew that it wouldn't be complete upon shipping. It's fun and fast. Side-to-side action is brutal. The shots are smooth. The game is beautiful. The existing call outs, video, animations, Elvira herself are all awesome.

This theme is one I love. I love the campy-ness and double-entendre. My first memory of pinball is EATPM. That's why it was my first purchase. I want a Scared Stiff. It carried on the tradition. EHOH is the pinnacle of evolution for this theme. I am amazed at the evolution of pinball and this is the perfect example, in my opinion. EATPM: System 11, simple game play, great speech and music, alpha-numeric display. SS: WPC, advanced game play, great speech and music, DMD with animations. EHOH: Spike 2, even deeper game play, great speech (music to follow), LCD with great visuals and animation.

Can you tell I am totally invested in this game and theme? If you haven't already, check out my YT videos on the game in my other posts.

I think I'll go play a game right now.

Happy ballin'!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I started a new game and hit the backdoor skill shot on the first plunge of the game. It started the haunted house party mode instantly. Has anyone else had that happen yet?

I will have to explore this because I haven't had it happen, but I've only been able to plunge the back door a couple times.

(That made me giggle.)

#102 4 years ago

Anyone got a custom rule card? Love to get it signed and replace the yellow junk

I asked Coindropper to make some.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/11#post-5252459

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This is what I managed to accomplish today! A couple of quick notes.
Do not turn on the photo shoot option...that is what made all of my inserts either on or off.
I got the “Double Bone Us” . No idea how. How do i get it again?
Also this is an amazing pin, somehow managed to get all 6 balls in play...what a rush.
[quoted image]

Great! That's better than I've managed so far.

I got the the Double Bone Us from the Hand of Fate. Don't know if it's anywhere else in the game.

So good to see so many references from EATPM and SS!

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

When is the too of the mansion supposed to spin !? Mine spins in test mode but I dont think it has turned once while playing the game

I think we've come to the consensus that the turret currently does not spin (future code). It did light up once for me during Attic Party(?).

#132 4 years ago

Has anybody had their game reset on them? It's happened three times so far, always during Werewolf of Washington. I think it's when I have a multiball running also. Just now I started WoW, then started AAZ multiball. Right in the middle of it, the game reset. I'm curious as to if anyone else has experienced something similar or could try to recreate it before I send it to bug report.

Thanks!
Shawn

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

First of all, before I forget, did anyone else notice the NIB stern box Image sitting in the background of the first ball lock screen? Cool little Easter egg.

Since you mentioned it, I started looking for it. Pretty cool and funny.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Has anybody updated the code from .82 to .83? I can't seem to find out any details. Is there much difference between them?

.83 is shown as initial code release in the notes, so I do not know what is different. It doesn't hurt to update.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

EV premiums going to be on the line soon? anyone know?

Premiums are supposed to ship in November, however, there are supposed to be six premiums at Expo this weekend.

#151 4 years ago

I happened to catch a reset while I was recording today. Sent Stern the video link so they could look into it.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’m considering getting a different game. I’m waiting on a premium. Looks really cool but I really don’t want to buy a headache. When I got Munsters LE I had no issues. This sounds like a massive Pain in the a**. Not sure what I should do

Keep in mind the troubles you're reading about are most likely only happening to a handful of people: those who are posting about it. It's not uncommon to need to tweak a few things when buying a new, or even used, machine. They surely get jostled around in the shipping process after they leave the factory. Parts can be loosened, broken, connectors unplugged, etc. And, yes, sometimes someone on the line could misalign a part. These things are being assembled by humans, not machines. No one should expect a pinball machine (once again, new or used) to be 100% once received. We can hope they are, and, if so, it's a bonus (like your The Munsters). If it's something severe, the dealer and Stern should be able to handle it.

Bugs, such as resets, can be fixed with code updates, which is why it is important to report them to Stern. Fortunately, I caught a reset on video and was able to send it to them so they could try to recreate the circumstances that led to the issue. The more detail you can provide, the better it will be to fix.

We should not look at any issues as a pain in the ass, but as an opportunity to learn more about the machines we love to own and play. And, how to fix the small things when they crop up. And, they will.

I know my opinion doesn't mean jack to anyone else, but I whole-heartedly love this game. (And I'm picky about the themes/games I will purchase.) It's fun to play. It's campy. It's got great artwork. The assets in the code are great and will be even better through updates. We already know the work Lyman and team have put into his past games. The bones are there. We just need to be patient for the flesh. And, in the meantime, enjoy playing the game. Installing new code will just turn it a new, even better game.

I hope everyone who get this game, or any other for that matter, enjoys it. I know I do.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaarty! Ah-ooooooooooooooooooo!

#227 4 years ago

Okay. Updated game. Recorded playing. Had my best game to date! Video is uploading to YouTube now.

Love the new stuff I saw/heard. I, too, did not see any Elvira pop-ups. Unfortunately, the game over music doesn't seem to be stopping. LOL

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And lastly. Nope Haven't gotten the skill shot yet... But, I think the skill shot might be a short plunge to the flipper and then hit the left orbit.
I haven't tried that. As I short plunge to the flipper and go for the house. If you miss and don't hit a switch its a free shot attempt.

I had not thought of that. Gonna have to try it! I noticed it seems like the skill shot stays active longer. ???

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've been thinking a lot about the skill shot as I said. I could be wrong. Because, at first I thought it might be like a Rudy from Fun House skill shot where you hit it just right, not too hard, not too soft. But, nope. I've tried that so many, many, many times. Or maybe even a bit like the skill shot from scared stiff. Where you really need to be precise in your plunge... Sadly the skill shot in scared stiff I feel is not worth going for. Its way too hard to be consistent on it. And you know what. Get a free hit on the crate. Having Crate MB is way more important than any skill shot... Just my thoughts.
Also if you notice the sign is on the left pointing to the house on the right. Which means that the orbit should be the path to take you to the secret entrance. So I think that is another clue that its on the left side and not on the side of the plunge.
Just my thoughts. I could very well be wrong. But, I'd love someone to test my theory... I'm done playing for today. But, next time I play this game I'll try it out. But, as I said. The center house ramp is just too tempting. Nice to get a free hit on it. Also, The drop target lock I like to hit too. Just in case the ball drains from bouncing back insanely fast...
But, if the super secret skill shot is worth a lot of points. Then I might have to alter my strat.

I tried short-plunging to get the back door unskilled shot, but it doesn't work. You described it best when you compared it to Rudy's Hideout. I have hit it twice today, but still not sure what the magic combination was. Once was recorded and is in today's YT video.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

New code loaded and few games into it
- grandma keeps floating all over the screen and does not stop ??
- attic attack multiball no speech on Elvira
- skill shot , ball keeps getting stuck under diverted flap
- my ball got stuck after the drop target and ball search doesn’t clear it, only way to free it is to take glass of , ggrrr
Overall good improved but still lots missing
When does the ???? Target get activated ( incl light) ??
Crypt still acting weird , how is it supposed to act ?

Attic Attack Multiball has not had speech and was not part of the update.

What is the ???? target? I don't see it. Are you referring to the Wild Market Value target with the $$$$? It appears to not have a function yet.

Crypt cycle is this: 1) Hit gate to open crypt - gate opens; 2) Shoot ball into crypt to awaken a deadhead - skull appears in crypt and deadhead floats on screen and taunts you; 3) Hit skull until crypt opens; 4) Shoot into crypt to vanish the deadhead. Repeat process for each deadhead.

As far as the ball getting stuck, I'm curious as to what pitch your game is at.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

It’s indeed dollar signs
My crypt has the door to bash then goes to skull , never opens to opening or sometimes half way open
Is there a way to adjust this thing ?
Something is off somewhere

Unfortunately, I don't know what to adjust on it. I would, however, start by going into game diagnostics and testing it to see if it goes to all three positions.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah I'm absolutely loving it, so much so that I think I may sell my Scared Stiff. I have to say the new games Stern is putting out are just plain awesome. The deadhead door doesn't totally close on mine as others have mentioned, but funny I didn't even notice it until it was brought up here. I'm just gonna leave it because in normal play I don't even notice.
I'm still trying to sort out the super skill shot, I swear sometimes I've timed it perfectly behind the house to where it takes seconds for it to complete the loop, but it still doesn't go in. I've hit it 3 times so far but kinda randomly, it rewards a bunch of points and advances the current haunt. Maybe I need to shoot it up there slow and nudge the machine a bunch when the ball is near the back of the house, maybe that would coax it into the skill shot.

I'm looking for a Scared Stiff. If you decide to sell it and are willing to ship...

Stern is putting out games that are just plain fun.

My crypt gate doesn't close all the way, either, but I'm not worried about it.

The Backdoor shot is tough. You have to plunge the ball hard enough to get it past the gate behind the house, but not so hard as it comes around the orbit.

#278 4 years ago

Well mine is immaculate, like new basically and fully modded so I can prolly get much more having a local distributor sell it rather than on Pinside where it's more hobby pricing, so I'll prolly bring him the machine at some point and let him sell it for me.

Man I've tried! Thing is, I can get it fairly often from the left ramp during game play, where it then just spits it out the front door with no reward. It's weird that it's much easier from the left when I'm not even trying for it, makes me wonder if the door is sometimes closed for some reason? Or maybe you are supposed to hold a flipper down like with Black Knight to enable the super skill shot and then the back door remains open?

It's enabled at the start of each ball (or after a locked ball). I still have to look at my diverter, so next time I have the glass off, I will look and see what's really going on back there.

If you have a price in mind for your SS, shoot me a pm and some pics.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yeah, I’m an idiot I found that and cut them off now it’s working. Still don’t know what I have to do to get the shaker moving. It went off once and only during a gar goil mode other than that nothing so far.

The shaker doesn't have a lot of code, however mine fires when completing haunts and usually during super jackpots in multiball.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

I didn't like the "Fan" layout, and there was just too much waiting for the ball while watching a video clip.

Can't do anything about the fan layout, but you CAN blow off the videos with a double flip if you don't want to wait.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have found 9 more deadheads than the 4 known ones. Perhaps one of them as been cancelled from the game or is a mini-wirard...

Well, according to the playfield there is a super deadhead shot. May be related.

#382 4 years ago

It appears completing Gappa Angy in single-ball mode starts a six-ball multiball which currently has nothing to shoot at.

Also just had a 22x Double Bone Us totaling over 55m. That was a really good ball. LOL

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Elvira we got has an issue where the ball goes directly to the sling when it comes down from the left orbit. Is this something we need to get repaired?

I think this is pretty common, though mine seems to not be hitting it as much lately.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Hi there,
sorry to be a nuisance but I was wondering if somebody could help me. I seem to have won the poop jackpot with this machine (LE #294)- Besides all the minor issues with it needing adjustments in places - like a lot of people seemingly are having to do - I am also having several other major issues. My crypt was not working properly - no adjustment by my pinball tech was able to fix it. After reviewing a video I sent them, Stern is now sending me a whole new crypt assembly.
But what I was wondering is: how is the trunk supposed to act?
I am on code 0.85 if that matters. If I hit the trunk targets, the trunk opens up, then upon shooting the left lane, the ball gets trapped in the trunk and stays there. Then I get so launch a new ball from the shooter lane. Same if I hit the side entrance. It counts the lock and then the ball stays in there. Launch new one from shooter lane.
I was watching PAPA TV live and they were on the latest code as well and their trunk was acting completely different than mine. Upon locking a ball in the trunk their game would count the lock and then eject it right away from the trunk and put it back into play.
That's not even the only issue with my trunk but for now I was wondering HOW is the trunk supposed to act? Does yours keep the ball(s) trapped in it until multiball OR does it count the lock and eject it right away, thus never keeping a ball in the trunk?
Sorry for the wall of text. I want to like this game so badly but I have sooooo many issues

The trunk will hold the ball until you get the second lock, then eject the balls. I didn't watch the whole PAPA stream, but I would think they'd have turned on virtual locks. Therefore, the trunk would not hold the ball.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

I’ve been having problems with the ball not holding in the back of the house during a haunt video. Everything on the house is working, but I noticed there is poll motor on the back of the game that holds the ball in place inside the tunnel that releases to the pop bumpers. After it’s gone up, it never resets back down. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?[quoted image]

I'm just spit balling here... In your picture, the white sleeve that is over the plunger looks to be extended all the way. Has it slipped down off the plunger and is being held by the bracket? It's difficult for me to see how it is supposed to be assembled from the diagram (Up/Down Post Assembly in the manual). I would start there.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Oh ok! I did not know that that was a feature you could turn on! That makes perfect sense! thank you so much for your reply!

Virtual locks were added in the latest update.

#420 4 years ago

I double checked and I believe it's assembled correctly. In the photo the plunger is all the way to the top. I can extend it into the tunnel, which then stops the ball, and after the first haunt video it goes back up like it should in the photo, but from then on it never goes back down. I'm stumped on how to fix it. I checked the power cables to that device and everything looks fine.

Just took a pic of mine. You're missing the return spring. The plunger should be down all the time. The coil fires to lift the plunger to let the ball pass. The spring then pushes the the plunger back down. Much like a flipper return spring.
20191026_184333 (resized).jpg20191026_184333 (resized).jpg

#424 4 years ago

skwilson I figured it out! So after starting to take it apart, I realized it was a pressure situation. The plunger was push against the metal behind it. I was able to loosen the whole thing, release the pressure, and keep the plunger away from metal so it clears. All is good. Thanks again!

Good work!

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

If people want to start submitting their serial numbers and date of manufacture, I'll add them to the first post with their game numbers. That would prove/disprove any correlation.

I would be interested in knowing...
#229 10/07/19 297556

#481 4 years ago

There's a change not listed in the release notes: The shots for "Manos: The Hand of Fate" are different. Nice change!
Like the additions. The new speech and sound effects are really starting to show how this will end up.

Some of the haunts don't seem to complete. Anyone else notice this? It's nothing new, but it's annoying when you think you complete a haunt and it doesn't.

Quoted from Mogg:

Since we know you might read this, Thank you Lyman, i really like the game so far.
have you made the skill shot yet? theres a big sign pointing to it, but it can't be made.

I can make the Back Door skill shot. Not with any regularity, but I've made it a number of times. Nothing like the Bros did last Saturday, though. Wow!

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Why no score when I put it in Elvira's Back Door.
Seriously anyone having this issue. Giving award about 1 out of 5 times.

You're saying it's not scoring on the skill shot which is the only time you will be awarded a score?

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Oh man, I hope I’m not going to be part of the “Where is the Elvira Code” thread a year from now... Anyone have word on the code for the shaker motor??

Are you not getting any shaker action at all?

Here are the points where the shaker should fire:

Haunts
TFOS - Last shot to house
TBTWD - Final 3 shots (each ramp + shot to house)
TM - This haunt doesn't seem to finish
MTHOF - Third stage of haunt + final shot
NOTLD - Final cellar shot + final shot
TWOW - None

Multiballs
House Party Multiball - Super Jackpot Shots to the house
House Attic Party - None
WWMB - Last jackpot (completion) before only the orbits are lit for SJPs
JITT - None
AAZM - None

Other
Gar-Goils Gone Wild - Collect jackpot
Drive Me Crazy - None
Gappa Angry - Starting shot to the house

#538 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that the yellow insert on the left loop says "Drive Me Crazy" while the yellow insert on the right loop says "Drive Me Car-zy"?

That's actually kinda buggin' me now. LOL

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Yeah now that you mentioned it it’s bothering me too. What is going on at Stern? It looks like that new QC guy isn’t living up to the ideal yet. Can’t see how that was intentional. All the other inserts match. Thanks for bringing it to my attention lol now I have something new to be bugged about.

At least nothing is misspelled. I guess they either changed their minds about what it should say or couldn't decide what it should say and it went to print without being corrected. Maybe someone needs some NEGATIVE REINFORCMENT.

#541 4 years ago

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

hbagz - I see Gary didn’t sign the COA. How do you know it’s actually an authentic Signature Edition?

I would take hers over his any day.

#638 4 years ago

So, a couple things I just need to rant about...

Hit 419m today. Could've been higher, but had some short multiballs.

I know the code will come. I'm not worried about that, but the antici-

pation is killing me.
1. Reaching Director's Cut and getting stuck with nothing to do really sucks. I started trying to figure out a way to shoot the left outlane on purpose.
2. Trailer Trash can be worth a ton of points. Wow.
3. On another game, I had 44m in bonus. If only I had selected Double Bone Us from the Hand of Fate!
4. Is it going to be possible to get all six awards from the HoF?
5. I turned on my GOTG Pre for the first time since getting EHOH and ST. Made me wish EHOH had RGB lighting.

Okay. End of rant.
Go play some pinball!

#684 4 years ago

Hey, guys! There're only a few days left to sign up for the Pinside Secret Santa program. If you haven't participated before, it's a lot of fun!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2019-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-15th-now-clo#post-5285490

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from lockie:

Does anyone else get random scoring before a game starts. Somethings when I wait a bit to start play the game will randomly start scoring tonight it was acting like happy hour. So I scored 20million before the ball left the shooter trough.

Probably need to check the optos on the ramps.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m having an issue, each time the skull on the ramp is lit to start the haunt, I shoot up the ramp. Instead of holding the ball while it plays the animation the ball dribbles out into the pop lanes On the right. Thoughts? It’s doing it 100% of the time.

Check to make sure the up/down post in the subway behind the back board is functioning properly.

#861 4 years ago

Video with new code coming later, but for now...

1. I was iffy about not being able to stack the multiballs, but thinking about it now, I like it. With the new JitT rules, it will be easier to follow which jackpot(s) you're shooting at. It just makes more sense to me now.
2. The new call-outs for the Back Door are f!@#ing awesome!
3. The music and lighting for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians are brilliant. (Started this haunt twice in the same game, but failed to progress.) There are at least two intros for this haunt.
4. Adding player sounds/call-outs/speech: great!
5. High score sounds added: great!
6. Glad to see extra balls fixed.
7. Did I mention how awesome the call-outs for the Back Door are?

The code is progressing nicely.
Happy Thanksgiving!

#866 4 years ago

New game play video is up.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm having issues installing. Says insert USB. The files extract weird to the usb. Anyone else having issues?

Quoted from Sethman:

have you tried extracting to your PC 1st, then copy them onto the stick?

^^^^^^This!

Here's what I do and I've had no trouble. *fingers crossed*
1. Download file to PC.
2. Extract ZIP file to a folder (named Pinball Code)
3. Delete old files from USB stick.
4. Copy new unzipped code files to USB stick.
5. Insert in to machine and turn on.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep and not working. I'm curious if you have an LE, SE or premium. I'm thinking o trying the SE code on my LE.

I have an LE, but the code is the same.

1. Have you tried both USB ports?
2. Have you tried reformatting the flash drive (FAT32)?
3. Have you tried a different flash drive?
4. Also what Mad_Dog_Coin_Op said above?

I'm thinking there is something wrong with your flash drive since the game is recognizing it's there, but is not seeing the code since it is telling you to insert the drive.

I know others were having problems updating with the last Ghostbusters update. I think some tried several flash drives before it worked.

If all else fails, give Stern a call and see what they say. Just try everything you can first.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

These update videos are great! Thanks for posting them.

Thank you so much for saying that! It means a lot!

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going back to a previous topic ... how the f!@# do you make the Back Door shot to hear the f!@#ing awesome call-outs?

It's not easy by any means. I only make it about 1 in every 10 plunges. (Just an estimate. ) It has to be hard enough to get past the gate on the back right of the house, but slow enough that it doesn't go all the way around. Just got to find that happy medium.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Done. I downloaded another version which was the same filename and it worked. I guess something was corrupt.

Good! Glad you got it worked out!

#882 4 years ago

OMG! Every time I play, I feel like I hear a call-out I haven't heard before. (Could just be because I'm not listening.)

My new favorite from Sgt. Jar Head is "Knock it off, puss nuts!"

Of course (spoiler alert) I love "Not everyone likes it in the back door, but you do!"

#941 4 years ago

Well. Looks like this trunk issue is becoming common. It's happening to me as well. What I think I've noticed is the trunk opens when it shouldn't. (ie. lock is not lit) The game does eventually eject the balls on the 4th? ball search. I've also opened the coin door and manually ejected them through test. I'm definitely thinking it's the code. Has anyone sent it to bug.report?

#951 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have not had a ball lock in the trunk yet. When lid opens and ball goes in trunk the ball fires out immediately each time I have gotten a ball in. ??
I have not really paid attention as to the lid opening or not when it is supposed to with a lock. I would guess the lock is lit because I have heard Elvira say shoot for the ramp or something to that effect when I have seen the lid pop open.
So what is the proper shot sequence and operation of the trunk and trunk multiball ? Have not gotten real familiar with the game yet... Explanation of how the trunk is supposed to work would be helpful. Thanks.

JitT multiball:
Hit one of the three combination lock targets to lock in one of the pieces of junk.
Complete trunk combination lock targets: trunk opens and white 'Junk in the Trunk' insert lights at left ramp.
Shoot left ramp to lock first ball and collect piece of junk.
Repeat process to lock second ball and start JitT multiball.
You can also sneak a lock if the ball bounces into the trunk eject.

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I saw the control gate in the right loop never goes up with software 0,87.
It works in test, but I never see it go up in in the game.
Is that normal with software 0,87? At what times in game should it go up?
Also, I can not make the super secret skill shot if that control gate doesn't go up.

I have no issues with a full plunge on the current code. The gate is open. I believe it is only open for the Back Door Unskilled Shot.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

is the shaker motor not yet programmed into the code? i see the setting option for it, and have it installed, but it never activates.

See my post #535 in this thread for my account of when the shaker fires.

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hope the topper has LEDs in the eyes
Maybe some flashers or this opens the door for aftermarket for sure

Zooming in on the pic, it doesn't look like the eyes light up.
These are my guesses:
1. There are lights (hopefully interactive RGB that coordinates with the haunts) in the base that shine up on on the gargoyles and crypt sign.
2. The middle section appears to be separate and padded at the bottom and might indicate movement. Like someone is trying to escape from the crypt.
3. I would like to think the gargoyles might bounce a little, but I'm not seeing anything to indicate this. They are separate from the base, but that could just be the way it's assembled.

I think it will be pretty cool and I'll definitely get one.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Well, more to my point. If you’re going to show clips from Werewolf of Washington, why not show the Fing werewolf? Instead, we get a generic shot of the mall and a watergate sign?

I take it you haven't killed the werewolf.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I apologize if this has been discussed before…Are we to expect future code having the film reel at the bottom of a house mode and filling in as shots are made (like in teenagers from outer space) or is that going away (like every other movie).

I would expect it to be added to all haunts.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lyman did the same process with BM66, a lot of placeholder stills used while he was fleshing out the code and building the structure of the game, once that was done the video and audio assets where all added and polished.
I wouldn’t worry about what’s on the lcd at the minute based on BM66 Lyman gets all the rules and modes in place before finalising the video and audio and lastly the audio and lighting.

On the Flip-n-Out stream last night, Chuck Ernst mentioned that Lyman had pulled something like 3700 clips from the movies. For reference, BM66 only has around 800. I'm sure not all will make it into the game, but after all that work, I'm sure a lot of them will get used.

*Edit: I think a portion of those may be Elvira's clips (around 100). I was working on buying a pin while I was watching the stream, so it's a little foggy.

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Anyone having issues where the 2 gargoyles in front of the dead head hit the playfield glass really hard ?

All four of the gargoyles are supposed to hit the glass.

#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Incorrect . They are not suppose to hit the glass that hard causing damage . Where is it noted they are supposed to hit the glass ?

As Robertstone0407 stated. They are supposed to hit the glass and they do not cause damage. The concept is the same as the leapers in Scared Stiff. It is noted in the Dead Flip reveal stream.

#1103 4 years ago

Wow! Two code updates in one day! (JP)

So glad to see the Deadheads fixed. I got Aunt Surly back to back the other day and was thinking that needed to be fixed.
Also glad to see the timer restart on SCCTM. I think I've only completed that haunt once due to the timer running out.
Trunk issue fixed. Yea!
There's your headphone support!

Good update.

Quoted from jfh:

New code:
V0.88.0 - Dec. 3, 2019
======================
- Fixed issues with the house ramp and diverter motors, esp. when the
interlock switch disables the power to the node boards, which results
in a loss of communication to the boards.
- Fixed the "UNSELECTED" icon for trunk test; it was the same as the
"SELECTED" icon.
- Support for the headphone kit was missing. This has been corrected.
- Removed unused adjustment and messages.
- Added switch compensation for disabled house ramp diverter; if
disabled, awards for the HOUSE LOCK will be given out on the RAMP OPTO
(due to inaccessibility).
- Added new lamp effects for starting a haunt.
- Improved SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS haunt:
- Added sounds for santa jackpots.
- Added new "hurray for santa claus" music.
- Updated rules.
- Added timer restart for shots made.
- Fixed an issue where the trunk lid would stay open when it should not;
i.e. after a player played trunk multiball and left the multiball with
the trunk lid open, the lid would stay open.
- Improved abruptly changing player score font sizes during BONUS.
- Kept track of previously played deadheads so they will not be repeated
for the same player in a game.
- The background lamp effect for TRUNK MULTIBALL was not displaying the
trunk item lamps that applied to the second multiball properly. This
has been corrected.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question: the skill shot on my game does not work. I cannot get the ball to go in the hole behind the house. Any ideas? I am at 7.5 degrees angle. Could this be the problem? Weird. I have .880 code.

It takes a lot of finesse to hit the shot.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

It seems as though the graphics for "Half way through" multiball have gone away with .88 code. I still get the 5(?) ball multiball, but Elvira's congratulatory speech isn't there anymore. Same with everyone? Pity, I really liked that clip.

I'm fairly certain it's still there.

#1156 4 years ago

Well. I've had my first part break. The left flipper coil stop broke. No huge deal. Parts ordered. Of course, I just got all my black Friday orders in.

I'm curious as to who y'all recommend for replacements.

#1165 4 years ago

Doug at SpeakerLightKits.com has the newer Type 13 for LE versions which only lights the speakers. I wanted my speaker lights to match, so I went with the Type 12 Deluxe like my GotG. I was worried I might not like the effect. Here's a video showing both.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Quoted from MRG:
Take your house off and look for the additional piece of metal seen in this picture, the black oval My game did not have this piece. Contact Chaz if you do not.[quoted image]

Did you get this piece installed? Can you now make the skill shot. Was Chaz aware of this issue?

Apparently they are. I e-mailed Parts with my game info through the website about that part and got a response. They are sending it to me.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Quoted from splitcms:
Anyone having an issue with their shaker motor on the game? Ran coil test 7 and the shaker shakes but in game I never feel it go off. I apologize if this is already addressed

There is almost no shaker code programmed yet.

Surely I am not the only one that gets responses from the shaker during the game.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Shaker motors works during Gargoyles gone crazy mode....

That's not the only time. There are a lot of people saying there isn't much shaker code, or they get nothing from the shaker, but mine fires for all mode completions (plus shots leading up to) and super jackpots. I've even posted all of the occurrences of when the shaker fires. I just don't get it. Oh well.

1 week later
#1267 4 years ago

^^^^^ Well said.^^^^^

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s not that it doesn’t gel, and I actually find it very fun to shoot and think stern did a nice job, it just needs more to make it come alive. It will get there, I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. I’ve been through a lot of code waiting (avengers, xmen) so I’m no stranger to it, just thought progress would be quicker.

We've already had four updates since launch. They've been minor, but it's like unwrapping a Christmas present every time. Each new update adds more fun and excitement to the game. I like seeing it progress. It's been almost three weeks since the last update. Maybe Lyman will surprise us with a Christmas gi.ft of .90. (fingers crossed)

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Is there a good image of the topper posted yet? And if not... Is Elvira on the topper or is it just the Gargoyles and just crypt... If that's their topper I'll be looking elsewhere for mine. I might buy a Party Monsters topper and use that in the short term. And in the long term just make my own topper then. I want a nice pinup type image of elvira. Something a bit cheesecakey, but also campy and fun.

This is the only image of the topper Stern has shared. Here's some cheesecake for ya.

E.Topper (resized).jpgE.Topper (resized).jpg20191218_060600 (resized).jpg20191218_060600 (resized).jpg
#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve asked before never got an answer so asking again, when is the house turret supposed to spin? It spins when the game boots up, but I don’t recall ever seeing it spin in game mode.

It is currently not in the code.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Possible dumb question, does switching which window is lit prior to ball plunge effect the game at this point?

You can choose which haunt you start by using the flipper buttons to select the flashing window.
1. If haunt is lit at plunge, the Back Door Unskilled shot will start the haunt.
2. When a haunt is lit, trap the ball. Use the other flipper to move the flashing light one past the window/haunt you want to start. Shoot the house to start the haunt.
3. "Santa Conquers the Martians" requires the skeleton key to unlock the window. To collect a key, wait until the key insert is blinking in front of the trunk targets. Hitting a target while the key is lit will lock in the key. Complete the targets to light the trunk lock. Locking a ball in the trunk will collect a key which will then unlock other rooms in the house.

To answer your question, switching the lit window prior to plunge will only affect the game if you hit the Back Door.

#1388 4 years ago

For anyone who is new to the game, I made a new tutorial video. I might even do a little dance for ya!

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What pitch/level are you guys setting your games at?
Are you able to make the back door skill shot where its set?

When I rearranged my games last week, I checked the pitch on all my Sterns (since they're on the same wall and my foundation is far from level). Turns out I had EHoH somewhere between 6 and 6.5 degrees. I was able to hit the Back Door maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 plunges. I now have it around 6.9 degrees and have made it once in about 50 plunges. LOL

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not a big fan of Denis Leary Dead Head though. But, some of his callouts are funny.
I think my favorite is Uncle Bonehead and Mummy Dearest(callouts of the mummy are the best!).

Thank you! I couldn't figure out who Sonny reminded me of!

Do you mean Grampa Bonehead? His call outs are good.

Did I hear Mummy Dearest call me an asshole? I couldn't really understand her. That wrap kinda muffles her voice. ;-D

My favorite is still Sergeant Jar Head's "I love pain" quote.

I just wish the DeadHeads were more animated when you vanquish them instead of just disappearing in a puff of smoke. An "oh, shit!" or surprised look on their faces would be awesome!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Also, I like santa confusing Nixon with a reindeer.

Santa confuses all the reindeer names! It's hilarious!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Rather I was just thinking about how we're still a good ways away from 1.0 and what do you guys think we might be seeing in the coming updates?

I dread the day the code gets to 1.0 as I love getting updates!

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Will it be feature complete at 1.0? I doubt about it,
unless we have less frequent updates, so more consistent ones in the future.

If 1.0 is considered complete code... Code revision numbers really don't mean that much anymore. But, at the rate it's going, there should be 11 more updates before we reach 1.0. We'll see.

#1419 4 years ago

So. This just happened.

Finally learned what happens when you complete the Hand of Fate wheel: Nothing (yet)
Looks like mode points are increased the second time through the house.

20191228_160531 (resized).jpg20191228_160531 (resized).jpg
#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue where there are two balls in the trunk and a third ball flies in from the side and impacts the two balls which causes one or both of the locked balls to pop out? I've seen this happen 2-3 times now. The code handles it, and doesn't end the ball, but it is certainly a bit unfair in a tournament scenario.

There shouldn't be two balls in the trunk. First ball in the trunk is a lock. Second ball in the trunk starts multiball. What's going on that you have two balls in the trunk?

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Multiple players.

Unless anyone else has an answer...

For tournaments, I would probably disable the trunk. (Is there a virtual lock setting? I haven't looked for it.)

There may be a code bug in this situation. ???

I'll do some research tomorrow as my trunk has developed an issue I need to look into and try to fix.

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue where there are two balls in the trunk and a third ball flies in from the side and impacts the two balls which causes one or both of the locked balls to pop out? I've seen this happen 2-3 times now. The code handles it, and doesn't end the ball, but it is certainly a bit unfair in a tournament scenario.

I've thought more about this and I think I understand it more. When the balls pop out, does it not start Trunk multiball? If that's the case, it is an unfortunate circumstance. I would think it would be best to disable the trunk for tournament play. I'm surprised it's not starting multiball, though.

I was able to recreate a scenario where a player could get a three-ball trunk multiball. Player one locks ball in trunk normally. Drains. Player two gets a lock from the side. The next ball in through the side will start a three-ball multiball. The ability of the ball to enter through the kickout creates some interesting scenarios.

Check your trunk lids, everyone. There are two screws that hold it on: one in the pivot point and one that attaches the lid to the arm that raises it. Both of mine had come loose causing the lid to not close completely. It caught my attention when the lid caused a weird air ball. Would be a good idea to check it from time to time.

#1488 4 years ago

Well. Crap.
20200102_143801 (resized).jpg20200102_143801 (resized).jpg

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow! How did you manage that?

I have no idea. Made a shot to the house. Ball never came out. Ball search didn't find it. Walked to the side of the machine, and there it was. Thankfully, it was easy to remove with a magnetic telescoping wand. (Everyone should have one.)

#1501 4 years ago

Lucky you found the ball easily. We have not had ome stuck ball yet. Great game and we are looking forward to more code updates.

That, so far, is my only stuck ball. I've had a couple stalled balls, but nothing that required removing the glass until today. It's a great game.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think the 0.89 code messed up the unhappy hour. The pop bumpers are now scoring really big points meant for the ramps. I got 19 billion on my first ball.

Are you sure there isn't a ramp opto misbehaving?

#1503 4 years ago

I just noticed something. Is anyone else not able to complete Manos: THOF? I just noticed that the completion shot never lit. It's like "The Manster" was in earlier code. Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing before I send it in. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Mirror blades or art work?
I see all art work anybody see one with mirror blades

After putting mirror blades on my GotG and ST, I will put them on everything. Had the LE not come with art blades, I would've put in mirrors.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

New owner, happy.
Does anyone know if it's possible to have the roof of the mansion start with the Elvira face facing forward? Getting tired of the eyeball.
Also does the audio for the bat attic multi ball not play for anyone? The audio for Elvira--got it and she is very clearly going through a monologue but no audio.

No. With future code, the turret will rotate according to mode. The eyeball will light when Attic Party Multiball is ready.
No. There is not sound for either Attic Attack Multiball or Attic Party Multiball.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned ! New code will rectify the above mentioned issues plus add in many new features .

Quoted from Peanuts:

Inside infos?

Yeah. You have inside info on the next release?

It's been one month since the last update which, I think, is the longest we've gone between updates since launch. I'm hoping the next update is amazing! I love it!

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

Also asking for basic troubleshooting. Have a buzzing noise coming from what I believe is the motherboard area behind the back glass.
After searching for some help, I found a thread on pinside for older stern machines saying it could be the sound board/connections to the speakers.
I'm not sure that's the case for me. I opened the back glass and checked cables were plugged in correctly and found that my untrained trouble shooting "workaround" is currently open and close the coin door. Doesn't always work but doing it multiple times will do the trick. The sound also generally goes away within a few minutes, whether I'm playing or not.
Any and all help appreciated.

Out of curiosity could it be the fan on the power supply you're hearing?

#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can the crypt be adjusted so it closes more ,I know there are optos in there and I have had no luck[quoted image]

I think mine is a little tighter than yours, but I believe someone (posted way earlier in the thread) contacted Stern and was told that's pretty much just the way it is. Honestly, although I thought it odd at first, it doesn't really bother me. The thing works.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

How do you activate the dead hand ball save? The video is a zombie arm coming up from a grave in front of a tombstone to catch a ball.

I thought I had "The Dead Return" figured out, but it's lighting at times I don't expect. I still think it has something to do with one of the three-banks, but am not sure. Has anyone come up with a definitive answer?

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Think it activates after banishing a Dead head.

That is a distinct possibility. I know I've had it light without completing the three-banks. Ever since the extra ball for vanquishing two Dead Heads got added, I have been going for the first right away. I bet you're right!

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't think they're close to done coding that yet.
It goes dead after the ball ends even if its not used. During the mb ball save it gets used up. And I would think or hope that the reward for a vanquish will eventually carry over after the ball ends.
No reason for it to disappear, you worked hard for it, should be punished by a SDTM. Also the same thing is true for hand of fate. I don't think a ball end should wipe these rewards out. Keep them lit until claimed. It makes hand of fate a bit harder to claim.
At least that's how I would prefer it. Or maybe for tournament players or directors put it in the settings for them to change or alter if a ball drain kills them.
That would be fair.

You can change the settings to allow The Hand of Fate, The Dead Return and Double Trouble to carry over from ball to ball. I believe it was in the last update.

Quoted from Lermods:

maybe found a small bug. I had the return insert lit on the right outlane, went into junk in the trunk mb with the ball save between the flippers flashing, ball goes into the right outlane and the ball return insert light in the right outlane goes out so I basically lost that ball return. I would think you should keep that ball return when the ball save light between the flippers is flashing.

I submitted that as a bug prior to the last release. Hopefully it will make it into the next release. The Dead Return should not be used when the ball save is active.

#1651 4 years ago

Here are the Game adjustments... (Oops. The adjustment titles must have been flashing and I caught them off. LOL)
#14 is Hand of Fate Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165644 (resized).jpg20200124_165644 (resized).jpg

#17 is Double Trouble Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165703 (resized).jpg20200124_165703 (resized).jpg

#18 is The Dead Return Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165710 (resized).jpg20200124_165710 (resized).jpg

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info...
Now, my question is as follows: If I do change the settings for them to carry over, does that make me a crappy player, or a horrible person, or both? I can live with being a horrible person, but I am trying to become a good pinball player.
Side note, trying to be a good person has been abandoned long, long time ago.

As you pointed out earlier, those settings are needed (especially The Hand of Fate carry over).
In a home environment, where we (?) play for fun, why not make it a little bit easier so we can accomplish more? If I were practicing for a tournament, I would make it harder. As it is, I'm always practicing flipper skills. It was this game that I was finally able to learn how to drop catch successfully. (Oh, that's awesome!) All five of my playable games have the following: 1. Extra balls on; 2. One or two replay levels set to award extra balls; 3. Match turned off (don't need a free game when it's on free play); 4. Posts left at factory position. My nudging has improved. I don't consider myself to be a crappy player, but I'm also no Keith Elwin or Bowen Kerins. What's the harm in taking advantage of the software options to make the game more fun for me? None. And I consider myself neither a horrible or good person. I just like playing the game. You do what you want to do to make the game more enjoyable or accomplish your goals.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Is there any differences between the Premium and LE playfield i.e. plastics etc, other than the apron?

There shouldn't be.

#1747 4 years ago

The manual has the premium, LE and SLE listed as different part numbers for the playfield plastics and playfield decals.
Can anyone help out with what the differences are?

That is interesting, however all three playfields are identical. Therefore, the plastics and decals are identical, too. Why they list them as separate part numbers, I have no idea.

Edit: I just had a thought. Are the apron inserts plastic? Could this be the reason for the different part numbers? Those are the only pieces I can think of that would be different.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. It’s already great.
Lyman has a long ways to go!

Quoted from Midway-Man:

I wonder if we get some new code this week, has been five weeks since last update.

I am now hoping for an update soon. I don't get to Director's Cut often, but it's frustrating when you get locked out of everything and have no choice but to end the ball when it happens. Even if it's just a few shots and a completion shot as a placeholder. I can live with the missing audio.

Of course, any update is a good update, so...

#1751 4 years ago

I know there are differences in the plastics and decals for most other premium to LE models on Stern games. I did not believe it either until one of my friends showed me some photos of SWLE to premium.

That is usually because there are playfield differences that require the plastics to be different. I just edited my previous post. There may be a reason for them to be different.

#1761 4 years ago

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

When I was setting up Elvira I couldn’t find a flipper power adjustment in the settings..is it coded in yet? I’m also trying to find the kick out adjustment for the garage lock...any help would be much appreciated...and the premium looks way better in person compared to the pictures IMHO.

There is no flipper power adjustment.

The garage lock is an up/down post. It's either up or down. Nothing to adjust.

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've been thinking about the VUK kickout.
And I have numerous times requested a small ball save timer be added to it.
I still believe there should be one. However, I think if there was one it would make the game a little too easy.
Now, I'm not saying lets not add a ball save timer. What I am saying is perhaps a ball save timer that only will save your ball if it drains out via the left outlane.
Down the middle you should be able to nudge it in a way to get control, and if it does bounce off the rubber and then down the right outlane, which happened to me quite a few times, I think that should be the risk of taking the shot. Because, I do think those drains are avoidable for the most part with anticipation and skill.
But, the left outlane drain, no amount of skill can save that if it plunges it directly to it. I think with that little bit of insurance it would make it just the right balance of difficulty.
Just my thoughts.

Now, that I agree with. Should be a simple piece of code that says if the left outlane switch is hit immediately after the VUK kickout, the ball gets saved.

However, I set my VUK kickout strength to 185 and the ball rarely goes to the outlane anymore. If it heads that way, a quick nudge will usually catch the ball.

I'm curious as to what others have their set at.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

I have mine around 6.8-6.9 degrees. Plays well for me.

#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Does anyone know how long till Stern releases the other Elvira accessories? I am dying for the topper!!![quoted image]

My guess is it will be a while yet. The Black Knight topper still has to come out. It was supposed to go into production after the Star Wars topper.

I really want one, too, but I'll take a code update to tide me over.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thats weird. I didn't think anyone wanted the star wars topper. I personally thought it looked cool, but the price is a bit scary, and I know people didn't like it.

I was monitoring the Star Wars topper thread and, even though it carries a hefty price tag and has had some minor issues, it would seem everyone is pretty happy with it once they get it.

Quoted from Diospinball:

I won't have Elvira winking in the topper illustration that I will be using.

Ha ha

Quoted from Diospinball:

But, I know none of my toppers will have light effects.

Interactive, no, but why not?

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS FEBRUARY 2020:
https://sternpinball.com/2020/02/04/stern-of-the-union-address-february-2020/
Status of Code:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.89.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update this month.

Yeah. Isn't that exactly what it said in January's?

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Nearly. In january they wrote "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

Oops. You're right. At least they changed some of the wording.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

except i have had the kicker throw it sdtm as well. no amount of nudging will save that short of a slide... there should always be a save on that kickout.

Adjust the strength of the kickout.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Haven’t seen the retro refurb ones vs stern. Any chance someone can post both or direct me?
How is the shaker in this one guys?
- I have a lowly premium .. I’ll survive.. I guess.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop-cat/pinball-sideblades/page/3/

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Well sometimes the game will hit the number targets. Other times it will head to the outline, inlane, or sdtm. Will power adjust help? Not my game but my friends.

Yes. Adjusting the kickout strength helps a lot! Try setting at 185. The kickout is not consistent by any means, but very rarely does it hit the left outlane.

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Dear SKWilson, have you received your kit?

Yes. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I think I'm going to do a live install on YouTube here in a little bit. They included some pretty vague instructions.

#1845 4 years ago

Going live on installing the new bracket. Pride Pinball on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA
Help me figure this thing out. LOL
Video will remain on YouTube.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I probably will watch this once I get the kit myself. I gotta check and then contact stern, as I'm sure my machine doesn't have that metal post or bracket. As I got my LE pretty early on in the process...
I just wish they'd get the bugs sorted before manfacturing. This is the skill shot we are talking about... An important shot for the game.

What's funny is I didn't think I had a problem. After I initially set up my game, I was able to make the skill shot pretty regularly. Then, when I moved all my games and re-leveled them, I realized my playfield was under 6.5 degrees (can't trust that darn bubble!). Once I had it at roughly 6.9 degrees, I started having problems making the shot.

Here's the link to the video:

Unfortunately, my kit was missing a page of instructions (Steps 1 and 2), so I wasn't sure about the second guide. (We figured it out in the video.)

Here is the new guide that goes to the right of the house by the pop bumpers. The new guide (on the left) has a slight bend in the part that is behind the house.

20200205_164050[1] (resized).jpg20200205_164050[1] (resized).jpg

Here is the new guide that goes to the left of the house behind the garage ball lock. The new guide (on the left) is longer and straightens out the curve of the lock ball guide.

20200205_165826[1] (resized).jpg20200205_165826[1] (resized).jpg

If your machine doesn't have these guides, contact the parts department through the website. Be sure to include your serial number and address.

Thanks for watching!

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

So I had a lot of issues with my machine out of the box, but after dialing it in and replacing the crypt assembly and motor it's all coming together very nicely Great machine!
I was wondering though if somebody could help me. My machine was missing the extra metal piece in the back needed for the skillshot, so I got in touch with stern and ordered one.
Well, today I received my "Elvira Repair Kit" ,as they called it, and it came with 2 pieces of metal. One being the one needed to make the skillshot..... the one one I have no clue what it's for ?
Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

^^^^^^^^^^ See my posts above! ^^^^^^^^^

#1852 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Thank you for this. That's funny though that you were missing pages 1 and 2, because they only send me page 8 of the instructions and nothing else.

PAGE 8?!?!? I only have pages 3 and 4. What's on page 8? For that matter, what the heck is on pages 5-7!?!? What are we missing? I think Imma start drinking again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The turret on my house is slightly crooked. How do I adjust it?

Yeah. I gave up on trying to get it aligned. It just resets itself.

#1864 4 years ago

There ya go, guys! More shaker and Crypt ball save!

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Holy mother of... just installed and got to Gappa for the first time. The mode itself is a blast, so much fun going through all the levels... better than most wizard modes I’ve ever made it to and it’s not even the wizard mode!
It’s totally brilliant that you play through until you drain and then one of several completely different OTHER modes starts depending on how far you progress. Made it to stage 4 I think?
Everything feels way more polished... lights, choreography... felt great to go for deadheads knowing the ball would be saved if it shot into the left outlane.
Can somebody with a shaker chime in and let us know if it’s worth having now?
Great job Lyman, this is an absolutely wonderful update with some killer unexpected content!

I'm glad you made it to Gappa Angry. I just live streamed for an hour and couldn't do shit. Performance anxiety, I guess. LOL

The new ball lock choreography is excellent.
The new intros to the Garage multiballs is excellent.
THERE IS A WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN' GOIN' ON! Holy crap! Did they add some shaker code, or what!?!?! On one shot it rattled my backglass. (I changed the setting back to maximal.)

Did have to go back and re-do adjustments: Free play, ball-to-ball carry overs, etc...

Excellent update.

#1885 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I haven’t noticed action from the turret so far. Another thing I noticed is I’ve hit the skill shot a few times and haven’t herd the call outs from previous code...actually I haven’t herd any??

I noticed this, too. I don't think I heard one call out upon hitting the back door. I did notice it seems the Back Door is worth a lot more. First shot was worth 1.5M; next shot(?) was worth 2.25M.

#1893 4 years ago

You know how practically every time Stern announces a game, there a number of people who poo-poo all over it? "The playfield is bare." "The artwork sucks." "Where are the mechs?" "There are no toys." Well. This game, and the way the code is progressing, is sheer brilliance. The playfield may be open, but it is not bare. The artwork is beautiful; including the little touches that you don't see from the player's perspective. (Have you looked at the back of the house?) There are two very awesome toys: the house and the crypt. And! Not only does this game have two physical ball locks (How many recent games even have physical ball locks?), but it has FIVE PLACES IT CAN LOCK A BALL! This new code highlights this awesome feature. During Gappa Angry!, at the end of each level, you lock a ball in a different spot: house, garage, crypt, trunk, cellar. And all the lighting effects! The new lock lighting! The lighting during Gappa Angry! The speech! The video on the UI! The new text colors on the UI! I even like the alligator! Every time we get a code update, I fall even more in love with this machine! This new code is brilliant! This game is brilliant! I feel sorry for the naysayers who turned their collective noses up at this game in the beginning. They will never know the joy! I, for one, am so glad I made the decision to buy this game three years ago when I first heard about it. Please pardon my language, but THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!

Just wanted to share my 2 cents.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Cool thanks. Who was the streamer that talked about it.

That was probably me.

Post 1848: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/37#post-5454514

#1903 4 years ago

I feel dumb but I still don’t understand what actually gets you to gappa angry. How do you start it

Switch hits. The Freak Fryer on the playfield shows what level you're on. The Freak Fryer on the UI shows you how far away from the next level you are. Once you fill up the Freak Fryer, you will know how to start Gappa Angry. Believe me, you won't miss it!

Tip: Whenever you start a multiball, let balls drain during the ball save period. This way balls will be launched into the pops for switch hits. This update lowered the number of hits required which is adjustable in the game settings.

#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The kit contains these two guides (picture courtesy SKWilson) replacing the two existing ones.
[quoted image]

That particular picture was from @mountzion. (Just want to give credit where credit is due.)

Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Is this more than the one piece that was missing?

Nothing is missing. The two guides are altered from the original parts. One has a slight bend, the other is longer.

#1922 4 years ago

The call outs will return. (^^^^It's being addressed in the next update.) The turret will be coded. The attract mode will be added. Phone-a-Fiend mini wizard will get added. I'm sure Lyman has a master plan on how the code is to progress. It'll be great.

#1931 4 years ago

I'm gonna go live here in a few minutes. Come join me in chat!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA/

#1935 4 years ago

Okay. So the release notes say points are awarded for Director's Cut. We know this is a place holder until the actual wizard mode is coded. Right now it is awarding the points for the four haunts you completed again! I just hit 49M for one shot to the house. I had Double Trouble lit. Had I known... LOL

Thanks to everyone who came to hang out!

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I got my replacement ball guides but only pages 5-6 of the I instructions. Can someone post the complete set?

It seems like no one got a complete set. LOL
Watch my video.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from lowryparcade:

Skill Shot Ball Stuck Issue - Pretty frequently when going for a skill shot, the ball will get stuck between the Back Door and the roll over in-lane target behind the house. The ball just rests in a very small spot between those two, and it takes some serious shaking to get it loose. I have not done anything about this yet, and if anyone can provide a fix I am interested in hearing it. We've had to figure out a way to shake the machine without causing a Tilt (not easy, the ball gets pretty good and stuck back there).
Overall, I really want to love this game. It's gorgeous, and as the code develops (with 0.90 release for example), we all see how fun it can be. However, the issues I've dealt with from an out-of-box machine that costs what HOH costs has caused me a great deal of frustration and a small amount of lost revenue (for free credits due to customers experiencing the issue, some down time when the ball would get stuck and wouldn't release).
Please let me know if you have a solid fix for the Skill Shot issue mentioned above.

The first thing that came to mind when you described this is: "At what degree of pitch is your playfield?" See if increasing the pitch helps.

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just had a good game going when the game rebooted itself . I believe I just made it to gappa angry while I was playing the 7th haunt(Santa Clause) and the flippers went dead and the screen was frozen for a second or so and then it just rebooted itself...might be a bug from new code.

I just had it reboot on me. I was starting my second tour of the house and was in SCCTM when it happened. I didn't play SCCTM the first time through. Did you submit a bug report? I think it has something to do with the Haunt-O-Meter: they did something with it in this update. I was having a good game, too. Close to beating my previous high.

I was able to complete the Hand of Fate wheel during this game, however, you have to collect the jackpot on the left outlane. Naturally, I drained down the middle.

Quoted from Mar:

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the modes have priority shots now. So while you might have 4 lit shots, one of them is coloured slightly different. I'm not sure what that does (more points?), but it's a cool addition.

I know this is mentioned in the release notes, but I don't wanna look right now.
There are two things I've noticed about this:
During TBTWD, the new first stage, Find a Body, there are three (two?) pink/white shots lit and one white shot lit. The white shot is the body you're looking for. Hitting it will advance to the next stage.

During TWoW, two shots are dark blue/white and three shots are light blue/white (after hitting the orbit to transform). The light blue shots are the combo shots that will keep those shots alive (both ramps and the house). The dark blue shots (crypt and garage) are the shots that will end the combos and relight the orbits. (Checked: in the notes)

During MTHoF, the dark red shot is the Debbie shot per the notes. I guess when they're looking for Debbie, that's the shot you need. ????

Quoted from Syco54645:

Who at stern are people contacting to get the missing ball guide, ramp spacer, and correctly cut house plastic? Thought a contact name was somewhere in this thread but hell if I can find it.

Stern website > Support > Contact Us > Subject = PARTS Include your name, address, serial number and your request for the Elvira repair kit.

This is too long. I'm starting another post.

#1968 4 years ago

So, someone posted on FB a 7+BILLION score.

Before my game crashed tonight, I was close to 600mil. How the heck do you get to the billions? Anyone have an idea? Anyone done it?

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The only thing I have seen close to this is when a local bar had an issue with a ramp opto and it kept racking up huge points in unhappy hour. Otherwise I am with you, it seems impossible or you would be playing for 2-3 hours.

I had totally forgotten about the ramp opto thing! I bet this guy is being funny! LOL

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hi,
does anyody has an issue with the ball saver after launching a ball?
Sometimes after I have launched a new ball the ball saver triggers an auto launch of a second ball.
Animation shows 'Ball Saved'. The first ball is still in play and has not drained during the ball saver time.
Just want to know if that is a problem of software or a problem of the ball trough?
thanks
Stefan

Sounds like a trough issue. The game is thinking the ball drained. I would start by checking the optos in diagnostics.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

did I miss a service bulletin?

There was no service bulletin. Just word of mouth in this thread.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I finished Gappa Angry mode today. I won't spoil it for anyone, but let's just say there's a really awesome throwback to Scared Stiff when you do it. Really awesome!

Just did it!

HOLY F!@#ING CRAP! IS THAT AWESOME, OR WHAT!?!?! (I hope they'll add something more exciting to the graphics, though.)

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern hasn’t done service bulletins in a very long time.
You would think they could send out an email blast to known owners when there are known issues, but they don’t.

They're rare, but they put out a service bulletin on 01/03/20: Guided Setup Mode. The last one before that was 05/01/18.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

So I am loving all the new updates with the new code...But I am a little sad that some of the more adult comments where removed. Is there a way to enable a Adult mode? I looked around in the game adjustment menu and cant seam to find one.

The only thing that we've noticed is the back door call outs missing, which will be added back with the next update.

#2001 4 years ago

Well, chit.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Really nice hotfix for the previous version.
I like the alligator animation a lot, I have to test this refined version. It's a great idea to include and animate Greg's artworks from the playfield on the LCD. Moreover it's not too intrusive with the others contents. I think that a little alligator cry sound could be a fun touch for this animation. Some other characters/parts could have the same transposition on screen, I would be happy.

What? Like colorful, splashing inner tubes that represent pop bumper hits?

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

The next bummer is for me to take it all apart, and put it in... Be a fun learning experience... But, I just hope I don't break anything.

It's actually pretty easy.

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Agreed. As long as you have a decently long magnetic nut driver you should have no problems.

YES! I had to go buy a long magnetic screwdriver to attach the house to the playfield.

A little shameless self-promotion here. My video might help.

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only a 1 hour video... Really easy to me...
And no I don't have any mag nut drivers... But, I do have a magnetizer at my work... Well, my co-worker has one... Which I can borrow. Been meaning too... As I wanted my screwdrivers to be magnetized. And it takes 5 seconds to do so.

You have to remember I did this live with practically no instructions as all I received were steps 3 and 4. I had some in chat to help me out. Had I had instructions, it would've taken me 20 minutes tops.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Has anyone figured out what month Stern started putting the backdoor kit in?

Quoted from Vino:

I would like to know this info as well.
Haven’t had any issues on premium yet.

I'm pretty sure we've determined it is limited to the earlier LEs. SEs and Premiums, and even some late LEs, should have had the updated guides installed at the factory.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know what the problem is now. House Diverter motor is working but diverter is stuck in position. Won’t correct itself in test mode
Will figure it out, should be something simple

Screws may have fallen out. There are two screws that hold that diverter plate to the mech.[quoted image]

I had an issue (my one and only; knock wood) when I first got my machine with the house diverter. It wasn't moving all the way up. It seemed to be catching on something. I took that damn thing apart, learned how it worked, and still couldn't figure out where it was binding. (For a while I thought it was hanging up on the plastic on the back panel.) Put the thing back together and it's worked fine ever since.

#2077 4 years ago

Holy crap! I'm pretty sure this game lasted over an hour.

Two tours of the house.
Two Director's Cuts.
Gappa Angry twice: Multiball once, whatever the second one is once.
Completed Hand of Fate wheel twice.

Spoilers below:

The second HoF wheel has three different wedges: special, extra ball and ? The third HoF wheel has only three awards: 2M and 5M alternating and one ?. I couldn't tell what the ? did.

In case anyone wasn't aware:
I LOVE THIS GAME!

20200216_221610 (resized).jpg20200216_221610 (resized).jpg
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Anyone seeing any issues with this on their game yet?

If you're talking about dimples, heck yeah!

#2085 4 years ago

If your machine does not have the new ball guides, at least get the kit. Even if you don't install them, you can keep them with the game if you ever decide to sell it. It may not be easy for a secondary owner to get the kit. If I were looking to buy an LE on the secondary market, I would want to know the new rails were, at the least, with the machine.

Quoted from Indypin:

Yes, I did send a text to my distributor asking about the replacement part and no response whatsoever. Plus, I hate the thought of taking almost the whole upper part of the playfield off just to fix a problem I didn't have before.

You'd probably get a better response from Pablo at Stern. When I first set up mine, I was able to hit the skill shot 1 out of 10(?) times. Once I raised the pitch, I couldn't hit it at all. With the guides I am able to hit it somewhat regularly. The guides make the shot easier, but not so easy that it's a gimme.

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Went to update my Elvira today and downloaded the zip file from Stern.
When I extracted the files I ended up with three .spk files:
Which of these file(s) am I too upload for Elvira premium?
Thanks!

Transfer all three to the USB stick.

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put a little strip felt adhesive on end of left orbit ball lane guide so ball returns to flipper consistently.
Got tired of not being able to control the ball off that left sling on the return!
Is the only extra ball opportunity on the Deadhead Crypt? I can't recall if lighting all of the left target bank gets you and EB too?

Extra balls:
1. Vanquish two dead heads to light
2. Complete two haunts to light
3. Second Wheel of Fate

(User adjustable, of course.)

#2165 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just joined the billionaire club. Had a good game last night man this game is just plain fun.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! It is, isn't it?!?!

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

Dude, you're rocking this code!

Love the new lighting during the organ. And the add-a-ball during House Party: clever! I couldn't see the boogie men, but I did see the gargoyles. It just keeps getting better!

Can I make a request for you to ignore? I love the throwbacks to the previous games. Maybe you could add the sweeping lighting effect in the attract mode like EATPM. ???

Thanks for all you're doing!
Keep up the awesome work!

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Is the new code using the turning roof top ? I only see it moving in attrack mode... or I'm so bad that I didn't see it yet

Yes. The turret turns during House Party. Shoot the house when the eyeball is facing you to add-a-ball.

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So I’m all set up now.. I’m getting this annoying sticking with the flipper buttons - I know I’ve seen comments about this. What’s the fix?

I don't recall seeing anything about this. Could you be more specific?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And how do I know if I need the skill shot fix? I’m not sure if I’m just not plunging right or if I need the fix, but I’ve made it only once

Which version of the machine do you have and what is the manufacture date?

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Manufacture date November

Your game should have the proper guides.

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My right button had a minor stick to it sometimes. I did pop it off and back on.. That didn't help.
But, after many, many, many hours of use. It no longer sticks anymore. And works great...
Hey guys. Don't know if this is an issue with the code or my game.
But, when I got the house lit and shot the house. The diverter is not in the right spot. And it goes to the orbit. It also won't start the house mode.
Sometimes it happens on the first ball. So if I do something like start a mb or even drain the ball and start the next ball. Then the next time I shoot the house it works and starts the mode.
This is beyond frustrating. And I had my brother over for 2 player play, and it was happening all the time between us quite frequently.
Never had this issue until I updated to .90... I was hoping this was resolved in .91 and definitely .92... As stated I am updated to .92
Just curious if you think its a physical issue or an issue with the code.

When the skull is flashing on the steps, the diverter should be all the way in the up position to start a haunt. When I first got mine, the diverter seemed like it was binding. I could hear the motor running, but the diverter seemed to be stuck and not moving. I ended up taking it apart, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. When I put it back together, it worked, however. I unknowingly did something to make it work.

Is your diverter functioning properly in test?

#2270 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I totally know what you're talking about. The buttons Stern uses are cheap. Just buy another set from Marco or anybody else realIy. I bought the clear light up buttons from Comet. Problem fixed.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-flipper-button-kit?_pos=1&_sid=3923f66b3&_ss=r

While I love Comet's products, I am not a fan of their lighted button kit. I did put it on my EATPM, however you need to drill into the cabinet to install the lamp holders.

I bought Cointaker's RGB LED button kit for my GotG and love it. I'm going to pick up a couple more at TPF and put one on my EHoH.
https://cointaker.com/products/rgb-button-kit

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Advice needed; during game scored a couple dead heads but then the crypt doors remained open. Shot into would eject ok but doors remained open. Game ended, started a new game, crypt doors closed , hit, opened, but skull kept rotating?
Problem seems sporadic. Any advice appreciated before I start taking it apart and probably mess something up.
Regards

How does it function in test? It kinda sounds like a switch issue. (Remember, after vanquishing three dead heads, the crypt will remain open in the current code.)

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Remains open in the new code after 3 dead heads? I didn’t know that. I wonder what the point of that is?
I think it’s fun to see the different dead heads? Maybe in a future update they’ll add a dead head MB, which starts after 4 or 5 are collected. Have them all floating around at the same time.

After vanishing three dead heads, there is a "Dead Head Shot" (I think that's what it's called...look at the playfield.) that is not in the code yet. I'm sure after that we will be able to continue reviving the Dead Heads. After all, there are supposed to be 15 Dead Heads in the game.

#2279 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I had a huge score on location yesterday. I don’t know what exactly happened. It was basically just a regular game without anything special happening. Game took about 10 minutes. At the end there was this score which I don’t know where it came from. The operator was nearby and told me he updated to code to 0.92 on Friday. I think there might be a major bug somewhere in the code. Anyone else experienced something similar?[quoted image]

With a score like that, I would say one of the ramp optos was acting up. That has been documented in this thread before.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the confirmation! I waxed this morning and tried to confirm but it looks like you have to remove the house

Unfortunately, you really can't see them without removing the house.

If you can see this piece of metal between the house and the ramp, you should be okay.

20200301_133641 (resized).jpg20200301_133641 (resized).jpg
#2283 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you sure about that? People that originally had a problem had missing guides. I’m pretty sure the new kit has longer/redesigned guides than the originals. My game was manufactured on 11/1/19 and has original guides but not the new ones.

I know what the new guides are as I installed them. It wasn't that they were missing. They were redesigned.

I was under the impression that we had narrowed down the original guides to games manufactured in October. Your November build date is the latest date I recall seeing with the original guides. It is entirely possible that Rdoyle1978 doesn't have the new style. That's why I posted a picture of what to look for.

Edit: I'm going to see if I can get a cut-off date for when they changed at the factory.

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So... I think sometimes it only goes like 3/4 of the way up and maybe just stops. For some reason. I do know it goes up and down and cycles that way after a mode start. I think it is having trouble switching between the positions.
I tried to run a test in the diagnostics mode. But, I either couldn't find the settings for it, or I didn't activate it right.
Where is it in the diagnostics menu?

It's in DIAG(NOSTICS) > GAME > DVRTR. When you press enter, the diverter will move opposite its current position and the switch will register (ding). Press enter again and it will move to the other position and the other switch will register. If it's not hitting both switches, something is wrong.

You said it's only going 3/4 of the way up. It should go all the way up. That's what mine was doing.

#2290 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Has anybody made it through all of the haunts? What happens? I have managed to make it half way through and 1 haunt after the house party.

Yes. Nothing. You go back to the beginning after playing six haunts. However, shots seem to be worth more.

Edit: After playing six haunts, you get House Attic Party multiball (similar to House Party).

#2292 4 years ago

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* What's the process for getting the update? I've not had to do that before.

Go to sternpinball.com > Support > Contact Us and send an e-mail to PARTS. Include your name, address, serial number and request the Elvira Update Kit.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Also, my "Garg-Oil-Gauge" 250K insert does not light. If I am understanding correctly, does this mean I need a whole new board?

I assume you've put the lights in test. Just for fun I would make sure all the cables to that board are seated well. If you've checked everything, I would call Stern for assistance and possibly a replacement board. Hopefully there is something more simple that can be done.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Has anyone installed a shooter land protector? PinballLife has a special one for EHoH - is this specific one required for the game? Or would a generic Stern one fit?

I'm looking at PBL and I see the shooter eject protectors (there are 2). Are those what you're referring to? If so, I would go with the Cliffy.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Last thing: is the latest code .92 or .93? Stern has .92 on the site but I've seen .93 several places, more than made me think it may not be a typo.

The current code is .92. I saw someone posted a (poor) joke referencing .93 because the updates keep coming fairly quickly.

#2299 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm which is right?

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.

Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So..l. think the test is two settings. A 52 and 53... OR it could be 51 and 52... Either way. It won't let me select the 2nd option and run that test. The first one is the only one that blinks and runs the test.
And now I'm noticing that when I do start modes sometimes the diverter stays down, and it balls get kicked out to the right instead of hte left...
So yeah.... I'm thinking I have an issue with my diverter .... Anyone know simple fixes for it??????

I believe the diverter does stay down during most haunts (doesn't it?). When it moves up to start a haunt the ball rolls into the rear "subway" and is held by an up/down post. When the haunt begins, the diverter moves back down to cover the hole to the "subway" and directs the ball to the left.

You don't need to select the switches. Pressing enter will cause the diverter to move and activate the switches. The problem is it's not moving to close both switches.

Yours seems to be behaving like mine did. Like I said, I took mine apart, put it back together and it worked. Unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of what I did that corrected the problem. I originally thought it was catching on the plastic.

If you pull the playfield forward and look behind the back panel, you'll see how it is supposed to work. You may just need to play with it to make sure it's not binding up. It helps to have someone at the coin door to press enter while you fiddle with it.

This is what I did: Removed the top of the house (this is when I lost a screw I still cannot find... LOL). Removed the diverter itself from the front of the back panel (2 screws). Removed the motor and assembly from the back of the back panel (3 screws). Figured out how it worked (it's a pretty simple assembly). Put it back together. Watched it while another pressed the enter button to test it. It worked.

I wish I had a "fix" for it or knew exactly what the issue was, but I don't. Maybe someone else has a better clue, but I think just getting into the assembly and playing with it will reveal or fix the problem. You have no idea how much it pains me to not have a better answer.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I still haven't gotten my new guide rails for the skill shot. Been more than a few weeks, and I live just a county away from Stern. So I did contact them today about if they sent out the replacement kit. Haven't heard back from them yet.
I would like to wait until I get my kit to mess around with it... But, must needs when the devil drives.

It took like two months to get mine. I got an E-mail from UPS when it shipped.

#2324 4 years ago

Okay, guys. Y'all play nice or I'll seal the back door.

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Game seems level

Make sure it's level.

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have gotten the new ball guide kit - did you make any adjustments to the ball gate while you were in there?

I did not, but I haven't had any problems with it.

#2394 4 years ago

I read that if you were built after late October you are fine.

We got confirmation from Stern that the new ball guides were factory installed beginning in December.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Recently joined the club with a premium and my build date is 12/27. I'm not sure if I have a "ball guide" issue or not. When I try the back door skill shot, I am able to drop it in the hole behind the house/garage and it comes out the cellar, but nothing registers that the skill shot was made. Any ideas?
Thanks

Welcome to the club! Your machine should have the updated ball guides.

I'm intrigued by the ball going through the back door and being released from the cellar without scoring. I believe there is a vertical opto at the entrance to the house from the back door. Perhaps there is an issue with it. I would suggest going into switch test and check to see if it is working/registering.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How can you tell if your game has or doesn't have the skill shot fix, and if it's even needed? I can make the back door shot, it's not easy, but if I plunge correctly it works.

Games produced in December or later have the correct guides.

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

When you hit the super skill shot from behind the house, does anyone hear any call outs?
What exactly does it do other than shoot the ball out from under the house ramp to your right flipper?

1. Points awarded starting at 1M.
2. Advance/Light/Start Haunt depending on current state
3. Awesome call out usually referencing liking the back door.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well that’s confusing. Does that mean the LE is run with a different bin of parts?

No, but they were not built concurrently. For EHoH the LEs were assembled first, followed by the SEs. The premiums were assembled last. At some point somebody realized the back door was too difficult and they engineered a fix for it. It could be that they already had the original parts, and, to keep the line going, used them until the new parts arrived. Or, they could have redesigned the parts after the LEs began to reach the owners. Who knows when the decision to make the change happened? I'm just glad it did. It would have been nice if they had issued an actual service bulletin documenting the affected machines, however.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is pretty interesting. Man I need to go on one of the Stern tours one of these days!

Yeah. I've been kicking myself for not going to Expo last year. I think I will go this year AND go on the tour. Maybe JJP will be offer a tour as well. I want to see first-hand how they build these wonderful things. For now, there are plenty of videos.

#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Excellent, appreciate the feedback mate.
We get to hear a call out everytime the ball goes into the back of the house ( skill shot ) area?
Or sometimes there isn't a call out and it's random?

I'm pretty sure there is always a call out. There are many.

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

I only managed the skill shot twice and it has a hilarious call out,something about liking it through the back door

"Not everybody likes it in the back door, but I see you do!"

"Oh. I see you found the back door."

There are others.

I'm not hearing my favorite as much as I used to:
"I love pain. I f!@#ing love it!" -Sgt.Jar Head

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I am still not seeing how the audio is triggered when the ball drops into the back door skill shot area.

There is a vertical opto at the entrance to the back door. You can only see it when the house is removed.

Quoted from chet218:

I am in the same boat. I am on code .92 and have never seen or heard any acknowledgment that I made the back door skill shot. The ball will come out of the cellar, but no skill shot award. I checked the back door opto in a switch test and it is registering.

Okay. Let's see if we can track this down.

1. You are plunging the ball to the back door, correct?
If no, you're doing it wrong.
If yes, continue...
2. When you plunge the ball to the back door, are you getting any kind of text on the display showing a shot was made? "Back Door / 1,000,000 / Start (Light) Advance Haunt"?
3. When you plunge the ball to the back door on ball one, does a haunt start?
If the answer to 2 and 3 is no and both switches are working in test (47 - Cellar Back Door Opto; 48 - Cellar VUK micro), the only thing I can think of trying would be to re-install the current code.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

The cellar VUK micro #48 seems to be working in test mode but my Cellar Back Door Opto #47 is not, assuming that my pic above is the #48.

Yes. That is one side of the opto. I don't see anything unusual in your picture. The other side is under the playfield. I would check under the playfield for a loose or pinched wire or connection to the node board. I bet something is loose.

#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks buddy, I have tested the power to the Optos and traced the wires back to it's origin and nothing.
I have reached out to my distributor to discuss a solution, ill post it back here in the hope that it helps someone else.
Cheers.

Well, that sucks. Hope you get it fixed quickly!

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did I see that someone mentioned the callouts are missing in .92?

Current version is .92 and the call outs are there. It was .90 or .91 that removed the call outs.

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am currently out of town and will reaffirm when I get back. Without taking the house off, I took a Long straw and put it down into the back door and the switch registered. Is there another switch I need to check? I haven’t tried reinstalling the code. The answer to 2&3 is no.
Thanks for your help everyone,
Jason

So I pulled my glass, put the game into switch test and dropped a ball into the back door. It should trigger switch 47 then switch 48. This happens very quickly so you have to be looking at the upper left corner of the UI to catch it. My guess is your opto is not registering.

(I also checked to make sure no other switches are needed to score the skill shot. Triggering the opto is good enough to get it.)

#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Looking for round speaker lights for an Elvira premium.
Similar to the round speaker lights on Sterns other LE pins.
thanks

speakerlightkits.com is the only answer for speaker lights! Type 13 for the round style for LE machines. Don't know if they'll work on a premium, though.

DugFreez can help with that.

http://speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I had a House party of +300M

That's awesome! My high is just shy of 200. Way to go!

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

How do you get the 2x or 4x multiplier on?

Complete both 3-banks to light Double Trouble in the in-lanes. Roll over the lit in-lane (movable by flipping) to start 2x. Do it again (while 2x is running) to start 4x.

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Happens pretty quickly during multiballs

That it does. Two nights ago, I had a 50 mil super jack during house party. Too bad I wasn't streaming at the time. That ended up being a very good game.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

First, I've seen a few mentions about a Skill Shot Ball Guide kit. I don't know if this would help my issue or not. I can't find any posts about the issues I have that it could fix. Perhaps I just haven't looked enough.

No. The new guides will not affect the gate. The guides assist in helping the ball roll into the skill shot. If you have a premium, you do not need the new guides. If you have an LE, you may need the new guides.

As far as your VUK problem, you can also try adjusting the power in the settings. If I recall, mine is at 175. It is anything but consistent. Occasionally, it will behave as you describe, but it always gets the ball out.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thank you for saying what to look for. I checked these and it appears something is plugged in wrong. Switch 44 is registering as Cellar Enter Opto and Switch 47 is registering as Cellar Back door Opto. (Switch 48 is registering correctly). When I drop the ball into the back door its registering switch 44, then switch 48. If I throw it throw the front of the cellar, it registers 47 then 48, and 47 when leaving back through the front again. Basically I assume it should register switch 47 then 48 if I drop it in the back. If I test the front cellar it should register when entering 44 then 48.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help,
Jason

Jason,

It's been a while since I looked under the play field, but the connections do have labels on them. Seems like yours accidentally got swapped during assembly. Switching the two connections should be pretty straight-forward.

Let me know if you need help figuring it out and I'll open mine up and take pics.

Thanks!
Shawn

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

I received the vuk fix from Stern. It seemed a little sketchy but it is a solid fix. My vuk went from NEVER ejecting the ball to flawless operation the way it should be. It was a simple thing to do also. Good luck!

What's the VUK fix? Feel free to share more information, please.

#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

If you take photos, please share as I am having the same issue as chet218. Thank you!

Both sides of the connections are labelled. Make sure the connections match.

20200318_172252 (resized).jpg20200318_172252 (resized).jpg
#2527 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thank you very much! That fixed the issue. The labels matched up, but I kept thinking it had to be it, so I went ahead and switched the connections. The back door skill shot now works and the switches test in the correct sequence. Once again, I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Jason

Yea! Glad you were able to figure it out!

1 week later
#2547 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So now it's time for a code update!

I wouldn't be surprised if this month's code update is delayed. Would be nice, though.

#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm expecting that to be the case.. just would be a nice surprise

See what happens when I take a nap! Yippeeee!

#2579 4 years ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Sorry if I missed this before, but where do we get the bone parts for the ramps?

Those are parts from the bony beast in Scared Stiff.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9611G

#2580 4 years ago

Pulled this one off today with add-a-zombie stacked with manos mode and 4x playfield going![quoted image]

WOW!

#2593 4 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I have two things going on, first off is since the new code update the top of the house is not spinning in attract mode or during the house party. Second is I installed a Stern shaker motor, it works when testing in the menus but a get zero shaking while playing the game.

1. Is the shaker turned on in the settings? (I have mine set to MAXIMAL.)
2. Does the turret work in test and is it enabled?

#2594 4 years ago

I'll check it, but won't hurt to throw in another bulb or two since I'm making a huge order from them today anyway. Thanks

I have had an issue with the same bulb being loose.

#2598 4 years ago

The shaker motor during Gappa Angry is... stimulating.

#2604 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Whatever happened to the topper from Stern ?

I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

#2616 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Here is my opinion on the skeleton keys. We should be allowed to pick the first haunt; then the next door should cost 2 keys. I don’t know if I have ever collected 2 keys in a game, this would allow average players to experience the haunts at their choosing. Just a suggestion.

If I remember correctly, you can collect additional junk (i.e. skeleton keys) by collecting jackpots during JITT multiball.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thanks I didn’t know that. I guess what I am asking for is that all of the haunts that need a skeleton key should be available when you have the key. Then have the next haunts requiring 2 keys.

I know what you're saying, but maybe the more valuable haunts will need more keys. Maybe you'll be able to select haunts based on how many keys you have. We will have to wait and see what Lyman has in store for us.

Quoted from billsfanmd:

Hoping to join club after the virus. Best tutorial video?

I would like to think my tutorial videos are pretty good.

1 week later
#2684 4 years ago

When you guys say you are adjusting the left orbit, are you doing that so the ball hits the left flipper instead of the left slingshot? I ask because when I watched the reveal of the game with the designers playing it, the machine they played on had the ball hit the sling shot from the left orbit hence I assume that's how it was designed since the guys who made the game were playing it that way. Mine hits the left sling shot so I've left it that way since I thought that was the intent, but am I wrong on that?

Mine does not always hit the slingshot. It all depends on how it rolls around. It seems to do it less since I raised the pitch. I ain't changing it.

1 week later
#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

I'm thinking I'm going to install a shaker motor on my Premium model EHOH. Do you folks use the official Stern motor ($99) or the off brand one from Pinball Life ($79)? I read Stern's service bulletin about them not recommending using anything but theirs, but I just wondered what most folks do. TIA

The shaker in this game is so good.

I guess it's personal preference. I kinda prefer to use official parts where available. I installed the Stern shaker in my Guardians. Got 20% off during the black Friday sale. Are they still doing free shipping over $50?

#2768 4 years ago

Tonight I will be streaming the installation of Mezelmods' 25-piece CLiP protector set for EHoH.

Feel free to stop in and chat. You might even be able to help me figure out where three of the pieces go!

9:15 pm cdt www.twitch.tv/pridepinball
20200420_142637 (resized).jpg20200420_142637 (resized).jpg

#2772 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve been thinking about getting that kit. How does it compare to the other plastic protector
Kit they have listed? I couldn’t quite figure it out, other than the color

One kit is only for the slingshots and lane guides (4 pieces). The larger kit I'm installing is for almost every plastic piece (25 pieces).

#2774 4 years ago

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/nlu-LpUwAE66dqKFQo1XTg?categoryid=23&category=-&name=Elvira%E2%80%99s%20House%20of%20Horrors%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202019

Someone got a full green set from Germany. This may be them. Their smaller sets are available in multiple colors, but I don't see the color for the full set. You may contact them to see what's available. With shipping, the price seems comparable.

#2777 4 years ago

For the record, these are kind of a pain to install. Pics forthcoming.
Before install (with Pinstadium Xstreams)
20200420_210351 (resized).jpg20200420_210351 (resized).jpg
After install (with Pinstadium Xstreams)
20200421_155655 (resized).jpg20200421_155655 (resized).jpg
GI only on.
20200421_155511 (resized).jpg20200421_155511 (resized).jpg20200421_155331 (resized).jpg20200421_155331 (resized).jpg

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Is anyone else having a really hard time making it to Santa Conquers the Martians? Even when I focus on the trunk targets, I haven't been able to get two skeleton keys. It doesn't seem that multiball helps-- when MB ends, the targets reset, I believe. Is there a strategy to get to this haunt?

Quoted from pinballfan2000:

I just took a look at the trunk targets on image of Elvira 3 playfield, and skeleton key is on the third trunk target
Hope this helps

The relation of the inserts to the targets is irrelevant.

Does that mean you have not got Skeleton key during JITT (Junk in the trunk) Multiball so far? I'm wondering why targets reset
[quoted image]

Here's how JitT works:

Let's say we just started a game...

The inserts corresponding to the junk are flashing in order from bottom to top.
Hitting the 36-24-36 targets will lock in the piece of junk that is flashing when hit. That insert will remain flashing.
Completing the 36-24-36 targets will light the lock on the left ramp.
Shoot the left ramp to lock the ball and collect that piece of junk. That insert will now remain solid.

Repeat the process to lock the second ball and collect the second piece of junk. (You cannot collect the same piece of junk twice.)

Junk in the Trunk multiball begins.

There are two jackpot shots lit on the playfield. Hitting either will award one jackpot.
The 36-24-36 targets will be pulsing.
Hit any of the 36-24-36 targets to open the trunk and light the super jackpot on the left ramp.
One of the two junk inserts you collected to start the multiball will be flashing. Collecting the super jackpot will also collect that piece of junk and move the jackpot shot.
Each time you hit the trunk targets multiplies the number of pieces of junk you collect with the super jackpot.
For example: a) The skeleton key insert is flashing. You hit the targets once. The left ramp is now worth a super jackpot and one skeleton key.
b) The skeleton key insert is flashing. You hit the targets three times. The left ramp is now worth a super jackpot and three keys.

Once multiball ends, the trunk targets reset, but the two junk inserts will remain lit. You will have to collect the other two pieces of junk and start a second multiball to reset all four junk inserts.

I hope this helps!

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I collected all of the items on the hand of fate wheel. What’s supposed to happen next? Do I need to hit something for a mode to start? I also noticed 00 on the screen around this time and I was also in house party mode, assuming that’s a bug of some sort?

If I remember correctly, once you complete the Hand of Fate wheel, the Super Hand of Fate wheel will appear in the bottom right of the UI. Hitting the Hand of Fate targets will stop the wheel and add that amount to the super jackpot which is collected from the left outlane. You can keep hitting the targets to add to the jackpot. It's been awhile since I achieved this, so I'm a little fuzzy. Without seeing it, I don't know what the double zero is.

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I got Super Hand of Fate once, and I believe you have to light the targets one last time, which will start the mode. There wasn't much to it, if I recall correctly. It lit, I think there were some shots (or maybe just one jackpot) and that was about it. It was pretty big though - 35M in my game for the one shot

I just re-read the release notes. It's actually the Manos Wheel. Im pretty sure you doni have to do anything to start it. Hitting the targets adds to the jackpot (250k, 500k, 750k, 1m, 2m, 5m) and is collected on the left outlane. There isn't much to it at all. The next HoF wheel is cool.

#2809 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Wow, super helpful. Much more complicated than I thought.

it just goes to show how well thought-out Lyman's code is.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Installed some of the green plastics from Freddy’s Pinball Paradise in Germany. I left the left side sling and return lane factory to compare. The right side sling and return lanes are green which turns the plastics red. I’m probably going to go with fluorescent purple only on the slings and return lane. Waiting on my updated skill shot plastic before I do the green by the house since my game is an early LE. You can see the green on the rest of the plastics to get an idea.[quoted image][quoted image]

The green definitely looks better than the red.

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Seems like that needs a fix. Your reward for beating a wizard mode and collecting jackpots is losing your ball. Have we seen that anywhere else in pinball?

I wouldn't consider the HoF wheel or the Manos Wheel a wizard mode. They're just features of the game.

Best thing to do would be to start a multiball after getting the MW and bang away at the targets to build the jackpot. Chances are you'd already be in a multiball anyway.

The second wheel includes a ball save and an extra ball, so maybe you can collect one of those on the way out.

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dooooods how do you get phone a fiend?

I believe it should light after collecting all four pieces of junk. (After two JitT multiballs.)

Edit: Confirmed.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So the windows in the house can be accessed by collecting the skeleton key? That’s awesome. I’ve reached House Party, which is the midpoint, twice so far. I want to see what happens when you start every haunt! Cool game getting cooler as the complex code unfolds.

Only one room in the house is locked and you need at least one skeleton key to unlock it. It's the one on the far right. Use the flippers to change which room is lit. (One before or one after depending on which flipper you have the ball cradled on.)

Also, you can't play every haunt on one tour of the house. After six, Attic House Party after which the house resets for another tour.

#2900 3 years ago

How do I get to the "Secret Room" to see the new mode?

See post 2802 on how to collect keys to unlock the room on the far right of the house.

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from Maxthunderbolt:

Just got mine last Friday! Great game, but had to respace gar goil's leaf switches and the coin door bracket wasn't pushing the button all the way so I was getting the high voltage error. Anyone having an issue with the ball going into the lower trunk lock, it registering and then the game seemingly forgetting about it right after? I have had a few multi balls end and then it goes into ball check and spits it out. Wasn't sure if this was just a bug in .95

Congratulations on getting this fantastic game!

Your issue makes me think it may be a switch. Have you gone into switch test and checked all the trunk switches with a ball? I bet a switch or opto needs to be adjusted. I'm guessing switch 28 which is Trunk Lock 1. The ball is probably not closing the switch so the game doesn't know it's sitting there. Just a hunch. Hope you find the culprit.

#2904 3 years ago

Ok, so Gila Monster is 1 key, Santa is 2 keys. Is the new mode 3 keys? Is it random? I wish secret rooms keys would all be random so we can see those movies more often.

I have managed to start all three haunts, but not sure how how many keys I had when I started each one. When Lyman added Gila Monster, he pushed Santa back one level. My guess is "The Satanic Rites of Dracula" requires one key; "The Giant Gila Monster" two keys; and "Santa Conquers the Martians" three keys.

I suspect once all the locked haunts are programmed there will be some tweaking as to how each one is selected/started.

#2906 3 years ago

I just checked the opto, it registers the ball going in and fires the ball out to the slings and also holds it in the lock when trunk lock is lit. It is after a drain that the game forgets that the ball wasn't ejected, goes into ball check and then fires it off and keeps the ball live.

What about the switch? When the ball drops into the trunk, it rests on a micro switch (not an opto). Is that switch (#28) working? Is it showing closed when a ball is sitting on it?

#2910 3 years ago

I just ran a bunch of shots over the switch itself and it looks like that is only registering as being pressed down about 80% of the time. When the ball lands on the thin metal piece. Is there a way to bend it so there is more for the ball to hit to push down?

Yes. You should be able to adjust the switch so the ball closes it when the ball is sitting on it. I'm guess it's misaligned.

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

On a different note. I'm finding the Beast Booster Spinner almost completely covers the Right Orbit target lamp. I just happen to be the right height and stand slightly back so its hard to notice. Anyone else have same issue? Is there Transparent Spinners that can be used to replace the default?
or does anyone have video with Mirror Blades in this Pin? I'm wondering if it would reflect the target lamp in the orbit to the side and be easier to see as well as a bonus

I have the same problem, but after a while you just know when it's lit for a mode shot. If I'm ever in doubt, I just cradle up and lean over to double-check.

If the LE hadn't come with art blades, I would've put in mirror blades anyway. IJS.

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Shaker motor is so good on intermediate setting in the latest version!
Sort of booty shake at start of House Party mode
Earthquake in Gappa Angry
I didn't noticed that before at minimum (default) setting on previous versions.

Put it on maximal! It's a very stimulating experience.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm all I had to do was tighten those screws.

We all love a tight screw!

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

My favorite haunt is Manos: The Hands of Fate. 1st few shots, the guy getting luggage. Next few shots, people wandering around looking for Debbie. I am laughing by this time, but also start to take the haunt seriously to try to finish it. Thereafter, I barely glance at the screen, but it looks like satanic rituals are taking place. So funny. Finished it once!

Just out of curiosity, you do know how to find Debbie and advance the haunt faster, right?

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Haha, no! I can find Debbie faster? I can slap Torgo? These maneuvers sound good! So funny, this game. Let me know how when you get the chance. Thanks

When you get to the part where you have to find Debbie, look at the color of the arrows. That's all I'll say. (Same thing goes for finding the body in TBTWD.)

#3103 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The colors are really subtle. I often have a hard time telling the difference. Or at least figuring out which one to shoot to do what I want to do before the ball is already on its way there.
Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the different timers disappear depending on what's going on?

Yeah. I wish the timers for the peripheral modes were always visible. Maybe they could be shown on the right side of the UI.

1 week later
#3204 3 years ago

Now if only the topper were available.

#3278 3 years ago

So... who's excited for this weeks' code update?

(Wanted to get back to EHoH. )

#3282 3 years ago

There certainly is![quoted image]

I bet he's saving that for 1.0!

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Has anyone changed the lights in the house to match the colors the inserts light up for that mode? For instance, the window for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" would light up pink or "Manster" window would light up teal. I'm just wondering how much effort that would be or if it's something that's possible.

Impossible? Probably not. They are not bulbs, however. They are circuit boards with SMDs similar to the ones that illuminate the house.

#3356 3 years ago

I have EATPM and want a Scared Stiff to complete the set. All three are excellent games. Pinkitten took the words out of my mouth.

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've a question, a right orbit shot (coming out the left side) will more often than not hit the top of my left sling, I assume this is not supposed to happen?

Some have made adjustments to prevent that. I have not. (Mine hits the sling.)

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Need some help. Recently when I shoot the house to start a mod, the ball will just roll back out. This happens 80% of the time. Because this happens I don't get to see the Elvira clips much. what should I look for to fix this?

This happens on mine. I think it's because the diverter is not moving all the way up. When I fix my trunk, I'm going to look at it again.

#3465 3 years ago

There is a rule sheet here.
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

If you like a visual, I have many videos of game play. This is a recent highlight:

If you would like a live tutorial, join my chat the next time I stream. twitch.tv/pridepinball

Welcome to the club!

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from spookydog:

Thanks for all advice given, much appreciated. Has anyone heard if their is a topper being made for Elvira HOH.

Yes, but still not available.

EHoH Topper (resized).pngEHoH Topper (resized).png
#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is that the official stern topper? Any word on what it does?

Stern has only ever posted the picture on the Insider page. No details.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After watching Shawn's game i realize i just need to "play better"!
Damn sure need to get better control of the ball. But heck, i just like having fun.
I notice you follow through on every shot, just like shooting free throws in basketball

LOL. That was ONE game. Watch a full stream sometime. There are many more than that that are just horrible.
I used to be a bowler. Follow-through is important.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You know... I think this topper might be decent if you mod it.
I'm thinking... You could put Elvira lying on the stone slab. That would make it so much better. That's the only way I'd buy this topper is if I were to mod it. But, if its the same cost of the Jpark one... NO THANKS!

I think it's fine. I can't wait to get it. It would not surprise me if it were closer to the SW topper price. It also would not surprise me if connecting it unlocked a Dead Head.

(Let's not start any rumors or get into a heated discussion about my thoughts. I'm just saying nothing will surprise me. Well. Maybe if it were only $200 and the gargoyles transformed into boogie men. )

#3511 3 years ago

Just my luck. We get new code while I have the house diverter disassembled and am having trouble getting it back together. Humpf!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

548 posts in this topic match your search for posts by skwilson. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/1?tu=skwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.