IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 363.
#9901 2 years ago

Yeah also got 28,999 quote. Is that just nuts or reasonable for 199 made and will keep that value or go up? Calling around to other dealers bc some maybe $25k. I was hoping for 19-20 range but that isn't going to happen. Think dealers are making big money on these.

#9902 2 years ago

What is actually annoying about this isn't the value of LEs or whatever. What is annoying is it feels like a slap to people waiting a year + for a premium. Or a Mando, or DP, etc with Sterns "We are 10 hundred million machines behind" stuff.

#9903 2 years ago

In our most recent video we talk Elvira whilst playing a game of doubles if anyone is interested. Lots of the mods for sale on this forum feature in the video.

Thanks

#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

What is actually annoying about this isn't the value of LEs or whatever. What is annoying is it feels like a slap to people waiting a year + for a premium. Or a Mando, or DP, etc with Sterns "We are 10 hundred million machines behind" stuff.

Or it could be good news that they are building any Elvira machines at all.

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Or it could be good news that they are building any Elvira machines at all.

If they have parts (which has been the reason for delay from what I have heard) they should build the premiums ordered months ago. I mean, I get doing other machines if you can't get parts- but I assume this means they have the parts and may "hop over" other premium buyers.

#9906 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

If they have parts (which has been the reason for delay from what I have heard) they should build the premiums ordered months ago. I mean, I get doing other machines if you can't get parts- but I assume this means they have the parts and may "hop over" other premium buyers.

Or they had this new fancy le planned long ago and just got the parts and spot in the line to build them... We can do this all day man. I get you are frustrated, but they are building the game. Good chance some premiums get done too. With the rumors I heard that Stern didn't want to keep building this game at all due to costs and build issues, this would be good news.

#9907 2 years ago

It's pretty much a crap move towards the LE/SLE owners - but I guess the impact is softened as the value of the LE/SLEs will be unaffected. But still - it's a "limited edition" game on top of the limited editions already made.

It's an even bigger crap move towards all of the people waiting on Prems. It's basically Stern saying - "we had the parts to build 200 more Prems, but we'd like to make an extra $1.5M profit on 200 "40th" editions instead".

#9908 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's an even bigger crap move towards all of the people waiting on Prems. It's basically Stern saying - "we had the parts to build 200 more Prems, but we'd like to make an extra $1.5M profit on 200 "40th" editions instead".

Totally agree. Really bad optics.

#9909 2 years ago

Even in this over inflated pin market, it seems like selling 199 of these at 25-30k might take a while.

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Even in this over inflated pin market, it seems like selling 199 of these at 25-30k might take a while.

MANY dealers are sold out of their allotment.

#9911 2 years ago

I am wondering if they will give preference to people with Premiums *already on order* - you'd think that the people in line, with deposits paid, would get the first shot at these.

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

MANY dealers are sold out of their allotment.

Have to say I normally don’t blink on price increases but 25-30k for a pinball machine???? We are in uncharted waters at this point forward. Wow

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am wondering if they will give preference to people with Premiums *already on order* - you'd think that the people in line, with deposits paid, would get the first shot at these.

but I am not paying $28k... since that is $19k more than the EHOH I have on order. That seems nuts

#9914 2 years ago

These 40th are being made in December

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's pretty much a crap move towards the LE/SLE owners - but I guess the impact is softened as the value of the LE/SLEs will be unaffected. But still - it's a "limited edition" game on top of the limited editions already made.

My guess is that since they’re making 500-1000 more (wild guess), it makes sense to do 199 ultra special editions while the line is set up and the market is hot.

#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If any distros still have one of these, hit me up.

not how it works, call around. You have to do the work annnnd donate body parts…

#9917 2 years ago

So is this the entire run that's going back on the line in April or whatever?

#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah also got 28,999 quote. Is that just nuts or reasonable for 199 made and will keep that value or go up? Calling around to other dealers bc some maybe $25k. I was hoping for 19-20 range but that isn't going to happen. Think dealers are making big money on these.

You should tell them you are in at $20K, and if they have trouble moving their allotment you may get a phone call down the line. You can't catch fish with an unbaited hook!

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

not how it works, call around. You have to do the work annnnd donate body parts…

I was literally just no-quoted despite the distributor having open allotment *AND* me having a Premium on order with deposit paid.

Makes me want to rethink who I am using as a distributor.

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was literally just no-quoted despite the distributor having open allotment *AND* me having a Premium on order with deposit paid.

I don’t understand what does that mean, if they have games available why wouldn’t they give you a quote?

#9921 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don’t understand what does that mean, if they have games available why wouldn’t they give you a quote?

because they want to hold onto them. I assume they want to be the last shop with the game available.

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You should tell them you are in at $20K, and if they have trouble moving their allotment you may get a phone call down the line. You can't catch fish with an unbaited hook!

Lol is that called chumming the water or chumping the water at these prices?

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

because they want to hold onto them. I assume they want to be the last shop with the game available.

Definitely find a new distributor.

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Thats sad, you are already locked in for a Prem. If they sell you the 40LE they lose a premium sale.

#9925 2 years ago

Any current Elvira owners looking to get an LE40 and have two EHOH games in their collection?

Any Premium or LE owners that would “upgrade” to an LE40 and sell their current game?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9926 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Thats sad, you are already locked in for a Prem. If they sell you the 40LE they lose a premium sale.

Not really. They could just sell it when it comes in from Stern. A EHOH in stock wouldn't last the day. In fact, it would sell, quickly, at $1000 over MSRP.

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any current Elvira owners looking to get an LE40 and have two EHOH games in their collection?
Any Premium or LE owners that would “upgrade” to an LE40 and sell their current game?

Not me. The purple color is kind of cool, but there's absolutely nothing else of interest I don't already have

#9928 2 years ago

I’m just hoping that Stern can run the premiums along with these anniversary editions at the same time and hopefully they can be made in December.

On a sidenote for $25,000 do you think Stern would at least throw a topper in with the game!

#9929 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I was quoted over $25,000 on the phone
I’ll keep my LE I just t like the purple lol

Once my wife saw the pics I am going to have to find someone to do some powder-coating for me also. The purple is amazing.

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Not really. They could just sell it when it comes in from Stern. A EHOH in stock wouldn't last the day. In fact, it would sell, quickly, at $1000 over MSRP.

you’re absolutely right. I just wonder if that is what the distro is thinking because of the no-quote. Crappy either way.

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m just hoping that Stern can run the premiums along with these anniversary editions at the same time and hopefully they can be made in December!

I wish Stern would quit announcing all this new shit with a seemingly endless backlog, haha.

People have had dates pushed back further and further, with numerous price increases, and they feel its appropriate to just continue announcing things?

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

you’re absolutely right. I just wonder if that is what the distro is thinking because of the no-quote. Crappy either way.

He emailed back saying that he was caught flat-footed by the announcement and wanted to get an idea of the market.

#9933 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

He emailed back saying that he was caught flat-footed by the announcement and wanted to get an idea of the market.

So - current customer be dammed.
Find another dealer for sure.

#9934 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So - current customer be dammed.
Find another dealer for sure.

I get it... I am not in love with the way it has been handled, but at least they are being transparent. Honestly, at the prices that are being thrown around.. I have no interest in paying $25k+ for the game... so unless it was selling for at, or very near, MSRP (guessing that is $20k) I wasn't going to buy it.

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

honestly, as nice as it looks, i just want that dagger shooter for my premium

Must be real precious stones on that Dagger for 25k...

#9936 2 years ago

So did my autographed LE just increase in value then? I mean.

E294E42D-A692-4AC8-94A4-99C71B8B3841 (resized).jpegE294E42D-A692-4AC8-94A4-99C71B8B3841 (resized).jpeg
#9937 2 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

In our most recent video we talk Elvira whilst playing a game of doubles if anyone is interested. Lots of the mods for sale on this forum feature in the video.
Thanks

I can’t watch your podcast as all I see is the Elvira machine and I can’t get one, it’s like looking through the window of a restaurant when you’re starving

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

You'd be surprised....

#9939 2 years ago

If a manufacture comes out with a Limited edition and a Super Limited edition from the beginning then they should stick with that model. Nothing is safe. Rare is not really rare until it is discontinued.

#9940 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Way more than $1.5 million profit guaranteed

#9941 2 years ago

25k? Maybe if there were only 200 of the title and all variants combined. But it would have to be a dream theme and packed.

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Rare is not really rare until it is discontinued.

Even then they can always bring them out of "retirement". This has become completely ridiculous

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Even then they can always bring them out of "retirement". This has become completely ridiculous

Depends on the license. But yes.

#9944 2 years ago

Zach quoted me 28999. I get it. They’re losing money with all the back orders. I think this was sterns way of letting the dealers make some extra coin to compensate for the slow down in velocity of orders. I’m not mad just emblematic of a perfect inflation storm.

#9945 2 years ago

I think what's happening here honestly is Stern is trying to help dealers make some money. Sterns big distros are back ordered for up to 1 or 2 million dollars worth of machines. Dealers who's really only business is pinball, not other arcades machines, can't sell anything if they don't have anything. By releasing this game and telling distros to tell sell for as much as they want, they're making more off this one game than selling 10 Stern Pro's. That is what's going on.

What Stern should do actually is STOP making new games, stop releasing new titles. Catch up on all the back orders then start releasing new machines. So instead of making those back ordered Jurassic Park Pros they're making Godzilla. They'll never catch up if they don't delay new titles to get orders out. You have a lot of dealers and distros frustrated so I think that spawns a money grab machine like Elvira... Stern is literally telling these guys to CASH IN!

Hence you see the price of $28,000.00. My guess is and I'm not positive they're buying the game for around 12k. This helps make up for all those Stern Pro's that aren't getting shipped. This is just my assumption of the situation.

Another words like getting some bread to your table while you wait for your food. The real question is are their 200 people who can shell out $25,000 I doubt it seriously doubt it but we'll see. In the end I think the price will DROP drastically. They will sell a couple for a crazy price then from there, they'll negotiate back down to planet earth. We'll see.

#9946 2 years ago

Lyman is gone so aside from the connectivity update will there be any additional code added? We have an LE and enjoy the game but it is no where near that kind of money for this special edition LE.

#9947 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

So did my autographed LE just increase in value then? I mean.

Elvira does a lot of shows and sells her autograph for around $50.00. Her autograph is easy to get and not hard to come by. I would say having her autograph your game is COOL but not worth much.

Now if you can get Tom Cruise to sign a mission impossible pinball (if it where to be made) I would say oh yeah you increased the value by a lot! Good luck finding Tom Cruise to sign anything. See the point?

Sliding over to GNR, an album cover signed by those guys can sell for $5000 dollars. Technically you don't have the band signing the pinball but you do have their autographs in the game. LONG TERM... GNR collectors will pay TOP dollar for those CE games chip or no chip because getting their autograph all on one item is hard to do much less inside a pinball.

Its cool Adam West signed those cards for Batman, and I think it means a lot to Batman 66 fans, but he made his living signing autographs. They're worth about $100 dollars, because he traveled the country signing stuff. Get the original Batman game signed by Jack or Keaton or even Tim Burton and I would say YEAH someone will pay you a ton just to have it.

#9948 2 years ago

All, don’t take the bait from these Distro’s charging 20+k. Literally it’s the same game with new powder coat and shooter rod, which by the way is the only additions with value. Throwing is autographs who cares, not worth it at all, would have rather had the topper included. You got to draw the line somewhere and it sounds like these are being priced way over the line. Close your wallets and send a message that you want more for your money. They are testing the waters here.

#9949 2 years ago

28K and no Topper. This is complete nonsense.

#9950 2 years ago

As a point of reference, I paid $14,000 for a Batman 66 SLE which I thought was exorbitant 5 years ago. That included personalized shout out from Adam West, “Saul, get the batphone!” which makes me smile every time I hear it. Compare that to the underwhelming features on Elvira 199 for $15k above the Batman SLE? Just buy two large pillows and save yourself some money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/199?hl=krisgonzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.