20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 360.
#9801 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:See? Shows what I know. I didn't know the clown's name was Creepo nor that it was in the game anywhere. I just feel like it's out of theme for the cab in general.

I think Creepo shows up as a crypt head after you defeat 3 others.

#9802 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

I think Creepo shows up as a crypt head after you defeat 3 others.

He’s the “boss” deadhead and IIRC it is required to defeat him in order to sell the house

#9803 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really psyched to install the docquest apron mod
Today! Looks great

Its totally awaome, only problem I have with mine is. well I spend to much time check-in it out and not payin attention to my ball

#9804 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Its totally awaome, only problem I have with mine is. well I spend to much time check-in it out and not payin attention to my ball

Hahah good problem to have with this game I suppose. Way to go Brian

#9805 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really psyched to install the docquest apron mod
Today! Looks great

Much better than a QR code reader for sure.

#9806 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Much better than a QR code reader for sure.

I'm really curious to see what the EHOH apron art with the QR reader looks like.

Besodes Godzilla, has Stern shown any of the other Spike games with the new apron yet?

#9807 2 years ago

Well I'm sure we could always use just the left one with the QR reader apron.

#9808 2 years ago

Good evening Elvira fans, I have a problem with my game I could use a little help with. The screen says Operator alert cellar lockup device malfunction as soon as I started a game without plunging the ball I got the backdoor shot and the thingy in the house just keeps firing. Amy and all advice greatly appreciated

#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Good evening Elvira fans, I have a problem with my game I could use a little help with. The screen says Operator alert cellar lockup device malfunction as soon as I started a game without plunging the ball I got the backdoor shot and the thingy in the house just keeps firing. Amy and all advice greatly appreciated

There is either a ball stuck in the cellar or the backdoor opto is either dirty or out of alignment.

#9810 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is either a ball stuck in the cellar or the backdoor opto is either dirty or out of alignment.

Thank you I have all six balls out of game I did have three jammed in the back door after a previous multiball and that seem to be about the time I noticed the problem . Where should i find this backdoor opto you mentioned ? Many thanks

#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Thank you I have all six balls out of game I did have three jammed in the back door after a previous multiball and that seem to be about the time I noticed the problem . Where should i find this backdoor opto you mentioned ? Many thanks

The backdoor opto is at the rear entrance to the house. One side is below the playfield with the other above the playfield mounted to a rail. Under the playfield there should be a tag labelled "Backdoor Opto" attached to the wires leading to the opto board. The other board may require removing the house to get to. I can't remember right now. I have had success just blowing in the general area. (No joke. I have solved opto issues by giving Elvira a blow job.) Otherwise, a cotton swab and alcohol can be used to clean the optos.

#9812 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The backdoor opto is at the rear entrance to the house. One side is below the playfield with the other above the playfield mounted to a rail. Under the playfield there should be a tag labelled "Backdoor Opto" attached to the wires leading to the opto board. The other board may require removing the house to get to. I can't remember right now. I have had success just blowing in the general area. (No joke. I have solved opto issues by giving Elvira a blow job.) Otherwise, a cotton swab and alcohol can be used to clean the optos.

Thank You for your help ,Elvira is fixed And I didn't really didn't do anything. I think she just wanted her top off

#9813 2 years ago

Anyone have pictures of EHOH on the production line from 2019 or any time?

#9814 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As a BM66LE owner I would say wait for Lyman to finish the code before you make your decision to sell or not, he’s guaranteed to knock the code out of the park, plus that’s when the game will have its most demand and get you a better chance of selling close to what you paid.
But days of games going up in value above NIB prices seem to be a thing of the past so I wouldn’t hold your breathe on getting 10-13k back for it. There’s just to many new releases these days, in a few years there’s likely going to be another 12 new shiny pins from Stern, 3-5 from JJP, not to mention Spooky, CGC, AP and whatever Deeproot finally manage.

This did not age well lol. Prices are through the roof.

#9815 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

This did not age well lol. Prices are through the roof.

Bruh…

I got a loaded (tons of mods + powder coat) base EHOH in May after my pre-order for the summer run got kicked to 2022.

At the time I was trying to convince myself it was ok to overpay (she is a beauty and I’d wanted EHOH for a while) and now despite overpaying it’s still less than the 2022 retail price.

Now that looks like a brilliant 3D-Chess move, but it’s just luck + cray cray pinflation.

#9816 2 years ago

So I had something strange happen on Elvira tonight. I started a game and the lights started flickering from left to right, almost strobing snd it seems like some power may be lost somewhere. Where should I look for a loose plug? Thanks guys!!

#9817 2 years ago

Joined the club tonight after driving all day long to get it.

20211015_233657.jpg20211015_233657.jpg
#9818 2 years ago

My gargoyle leg bolt covers are printing! I hope they turn out as well as done if the others I have seen posted.

B2C21D41-4F65-4767-9411-CABC80A43F51 (resized).jpegB2C21D41-4F65-4767-9411-CABC80A43F51 (resized).jpeg
#9819 2 years ago

One down and one to go!

086C5E42-48CC-4D41-9E39-1FD2CB8C79D5 (resized).jpeg086C5E42-48CC-4D41-9E39-1FD2CB8C79D5 (resized).jpeg
#9820 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

One down and one to go![quoted image]

Really nice!! If it’s not too late, you don’t really need the supports but it will help the chin area be as smooth as possible. I just filed mine down a bit and it saved me 3 or 4 hours print time

#9821 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That's one cool toy you got there! Anyone printing these to sell?

#9822 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Way better than the stern topper

#9823 2 years ago

First real night with some time to play the new game. I am having a blast so far. My best game I managed to get to Gappa Angry and locked 6 for the multiball. That was pretty fun for sure.

This machine is pretty nicely modded already. It is a May 21 build date.
DocQuest Apron video screen on the left
Medisinyl Mods
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Speaker Panel magnet decal
Cliffy protectors (to be installed)
Official Stern Shooter rod (not sure I am digging this just yet, may go stock)
Lenticular apron cards
Quiet Fan (to be installed)

I will also probably put an led strip on the back of the head. I usually use comet strips, but I got these usb strips by Monster on clearance at walmart. They are the sets that are intended to go on the back of a tv. I may try those and see how it looks with the rgb fade vs the solid color i have on the other games in the room.

I need to tweak the left orbit ball guide as it likes to go to the left sling unless the ball is screaming from a right orbit shot. House exits usually hit the sling though.

#9824 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Gappa Angry and locked 6 for the multiball. That was pretty fun for sure.

I think Gappa Angry is one the best ever wizard modes in a pinball game.

Rob

#9825 2 years ago

Upgraded the topper! Now where did I put those lights…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9826 2 years ago

I was just looking at games on Classic Game Rooms website, and he still has this game listed for 8599.00. (pretty sure that is preorder and not in stock).

I really like Jason. I have been at his warehouse and heard him on the phone with Stern trying to get help for a customer (BM66) one time.

If you can go pick up at his warehouse, he is a fun dude to hang out with.

#9827 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was just looking at games on Classic Game Rooms website, and he still has this game listed for 8599.00. (pretty sure that is preorder and not in stock).
I really like Jason. I have been at his warehouse and heard him on the phone with Stern trying to get help for a customer (BM66) one time.

I have never been there, but just completed a gnr purchase, from Jason, thru a pinsider who sold me his spot. Jason was great to deal with. Thanks again!!

#9828 2 years ago

Before I knew anything about pinball I bought Metallica from him on ebay. I still no nothing about pinball, but know I got lucky in buying from him, good dude.

#9829 2 years ago

bought EHOH from Jason over a year ago from the midwest, zero issues. Enjoyed working with him so much, went back to him to get my GZ, and sent my friend to him to get his JP

#9830 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just completed a GNR purchase from Jason.

Quoted from jandrea95:

I bought Metallica from Jason on eBay.

Quoted from Muymanwell:

I bought EHOH from Jason over a year ago. Went back to him to get my GZ.
And I sent my friend to Jason to get his JP.

The only pin you don't want to buy from Jason would be Friday the 13th.

#9831 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The only pin you don't want to buy from Jason would be Friday the 13th.

i see what you did there

#9832 2 years ago

I'm going to ask the dumbest question ever uttered in this forum: is the house in this pin meant to be a facsimile of the house from Elvira: Mistress of the Dark?

I apologize in advance.

#9833 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

I'm going to ask the dumbest question ever uttered in this forum: is the house in this pin meant to be a facsimile of the house from Elvira: Mistress of the Dark?
I apologize in advance.

preeettttyyy much.

#9834 2 years ago

Looks like Tim Kitzrow is coming to MGC. Thinking of getting something from my machine signed. Any suggestions?

#9835 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Looks like Tim Kitzrow is coming to MGC. Thinking of getting something from my machine signed. Any suggestions?

A custom NBA jam apron card!

Not for everyone , but would be a cool story for when friends come over at to why it’s there.

#9836 2 years ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Love this game! Decided to build my own topper![quoted image][quoted image]

This is better than the Stern one, imo. I would buy this.

#9837 2 years ago

So I just noticed this weekend that Amazon prime video has the 2010 collection of "Elvira's Movie Macabre" on this year! All 9 movies with the high score table and like 5 others that are in the settings audits that weren't added "yet" and more! It's really making me appreciate this machine even more. The theme integration is off the charts but you knew that already, just letting everyone know they're available check them out!

#9838 2 years ago

The wait for this game is killin' me. My wife and I made the decision to buy it back in May. Put a deposit down for 2022, knowing it was a long way off. But still, man....I WANNA PLAY PINBALL!! lol

I just finished reading every post in this thread, so I feel a little more equipped to deal with any out of box issues I might have. Huge ups to everyone who has the knowledge and skill to solve these problems for the rest of us. I'm sure I will be asking for help, but I look forward to learning the ins and outs. As someone who used to build custom gaming PCs, I think this will scratch a particular itch.

#9839 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

The wait for this game is killin' me. My wife and I made the decision to buy it back in May. Put a deposit down for 2022, knowing it was a long way off. But still, man....I WANNA PLAY PINBALL!! lol
I just finished reading every post in this thread, so I feel a little more equipped to deal with any out of box issues I might have. Huge ups to everyone who has the knowledge and skill to solve these problems for the rest of us. I'm sure I will be asking for help, but I look forward to learning the ins and outs. As someone who used to build custom gaming PCs, I think this will scratch a particular itch.

I feel ya. I sold 2 games to put down a deposit for 2022.... waiting is the hardest part.

#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

So I just noticed this weekend that Amazon prime video has the 2010 collection of "Elvira's Movie Macabre" on this year! All 9 movies with the high score table and like 5 others that are in the settings audits that weren't added "yet" and more! It's really making me appreciate this machine even more. The theme integration is off the charts but you knew that already, just letting everyone know they're available check them out!

All of that was added before Lyman left. We haven't heard anything since then. I love this game for the potential it has to be, not for what it is now. I really hope they assign someone to finish this game.

#9841 2 years ago

All of that was added before Lyman left. We haven't heard anything since then. I love this game for the potential it has to be, not for what it is now. I really hope they assign someone to finish this game.

The game is awesome even how it is now - but yeah, I bought in expecting there would be more movies too. If Lyman's really gone, would you want someone to step in and just half-ass the remaining movies? I'm not sure that would make the game better.

#9842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The game is awesome even how it is now - but yeah, I bought in expecting there would be more movies too. If Lyman's really gone, would you want someone to step in and just half-ass the remaining movies? I'm not sure that would make the game better.

I'd like them to at least try, yes. If everyone hates it, just go back to an older version of the code. I'm sure they could at least ask him about his framework plans. There are so many movies that are supposed to be coded, I'm really thinking the turret was meant to change entire sets of movies.

#9843 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out Lyman had some finished code already to go and they are just waiting to roll it out with the Stern Insider Connected update. That would be a nice Xmas present.

#9844 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe we'll get lucky and find out Lyman had some finished code already to go and they are just waiting to roll it out with the Stern Insider Connected update. That would be a nice Xmas present.

With our luck, the game will now explode on December 25th....

Rob

#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ehhh. I assumed nothing would come and simply added the awesome DocQuest animation screens for all my movie enjoyment.

#9846 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That would be great. I seriously wonder if that last update was done before he left, even though it wasn't released until afterwards.

#9847 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That would be great. I seriously wonder if that last update was done before he left, even though it wasn't released until afterwards.

Maybe someone can ask him if he shows up at expo.

#9848 2 years ago

My fear is that Elvira will be their experiment into adding more movies as DLC on a subscription. It's rife with unreleased content. I'd pay for permanent DLC for the game, but not with any yearly subscription fees.

#9849 2 years ago

My fear is that Elvira will be their experiment into adding more movies as DLC on a subscription. It's rife with unreleased content. I'd pay for permanent DLC for the game, but not with any yearly subscription fees.

And it’s because of this I’m going to keep an SD card with 1.02 around for a long time, especially if new code could screw up what we already have.

I may try IC but I’m not going to give up the docquest video mod on the right side to do so so it may not happen on Elvira.

#9850 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hey. Had the exact same problem. Had to replace node 8 - after that was done everything is back 100%

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/197?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.