Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 361.
#9751 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Try unplugging the connectors to the trough board and reseating them.

I think that may have done the trick, thx!

#9752 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Wondering if anyone might have some insight on this: The trough is occasionally kicking out 2 balls at once in to the shooter lane. Doesn’t seem to me like the trough power is up too high as sometimes it barely kicks out the ball enough(not often but sometimes.) I guess I can try lowering the kick out strength but curious if it could be something else? Thx for any help!

I'd start checking this by testing the switch in the shooter lane. If the shooter lane switch doesn't register when a ball comes out then the game thinks there isn't a ball in the shooter lane and it will kick out another one. If you test it and the switch is not registering, then you'll need to adjust the metal arm of the switch so that when a ball pushes the arm down it will activate the microswitch under the playfield to register the switch.

#9753 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

ah ok, thx! So balls can become magnetized even if the game(Elvira) doesn’t have a magnet in it, huh?(sorry, newb question)

Shoot. I was thinkin about metallica, sorry man

#9754 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

ah ok, thx! So balls can become magnetized even if the game(Elvira) doesn’t have a magnet in it, huh?(sorry, newb questio

Shoot. I was thinkin about metallica, sorry man

Crazy how fast it happens. I assumed people were full of it when I first heard about balls becoming magnetized. I assumed it was a real thing, but would take thousands of plays for this to happen. Less than 100 plays or so on Metallica, oops.

#9755 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Crazy how fast it happens. I assumed people were full of it when I first heard about balls becoming magnetized. I assumed it was a real thing, but would take thousands of plays for this to happen. Less than 100 plays or so on Metallica, oops.

I actually didn't know this would happen in games without magnets. Might explain some of the random problems I've had when there's nothing wrong.

#9756 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I actually didn't know this would happen in games without magnets. Might explain some of the random problems I've had when there's nothing wrong.

O sorry, it does not happen in games without magnets. Was just chiming in to say ive seen this before, NOT this game!

#9757 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

To be super clear: games with magnets take hundreds of games to magnetize the balls. You might need to replace them at some point, but you want to do that anyway when the balls become scratched.

Games without magnets take WAAAAAAY longer to become magnetized, technically it is still possible, but depends on some really specific circumstances, and I don't think the Elvira game would fall into this category. It doesn't stage balls near high output coils as far as I know, which is one of the circumstances.

#9758 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

So balls can become magnetized even if the game (Elvira) doesn’t have a magnet in it?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I was thinking about Metallica. Sorry, man.

In his defense, Hayfarmer does have a magnetic personality, so . . .

#9759 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

In his defense, Hayfarmer does have a magnetic personality. so . . .

Heyyyyy, I owned it that I was wrong,,,,just trying to think of a good excuse now for my stupidity. Does too much time in a tractor today qualify?

#9760 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

To be super clear: games with magnets take hundreds of games to magnetize the balls. You might need to replace them at some point, but you want to do that anyway when the balls become scratched.

I would disagree with this. The factory balls on my Metallica Premium got magnetized probably within 50 plays and were then getting stuck in the coffin lock. Some balls are worse than others for getting magnetized.

Rob

#9761 2 years ago

Finally got the email from my distributor about the price going up for the 2022 run. It only went up $200 on my invoice though, and I'll be damned if that's going to stop me from getting this pin lol.

#9762 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Finally got the email from my distributor about the price going up for the 2022 run. It only went up $200 on my invoice though, and I'll be damned if that's going to stop me from getting this pin lol.

So, what would be the final price?

#9763 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

So, what would be the final price?

$8799 according to my invoice. I'm just adding the $200 to the original $8599. My invoice overall is a little higher because I'm having the glass replaced with HD Anti-glare and adding the art blades inside as well. I should be getting side armor from Nitro too unless he somehow isn't able to fulfill the order (I've heard the armor is discontinued).

#9764 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

$8799 according to my invoice. I'm just adding the $200 to the original $8599. My invoice overall is a little higher because I'm having the glass replaced with HD Anti-glare and adding the art blades inside as well. I should be getting side armor from Nitro too unless he somehow isn't able to fulfill the order (I've heard the armor is discontinued).

What side armor are you getting and are you getting as an add from Stern?

#9765 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What side armor are you getting and are you getting as an add from Stern?

It's the OEM side armor (black and green with spider webbing). I bought it from Nitro Pinball, or rather, I paid for it. I was told it hasn't shipped yet due to backorder. I realize that could turn into discontinued, which would suck but it's not a huge deal.

#9766 2 years ago

So just created my Insider Connected Account. Looks like they have Elvira "active".

However, the number of achievements...intentional or happy accident

Elvira_Achievements (resized).pngElvira_Achievements (resized).png

#9767 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So just created my Insider Connected Account. Looks like they have Elvira "active".
[quoted image]

i'm still checking daily for the "upgrade kit" to add it to the actual machine

#9768 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

[quoted image]

Nice….I doubt I would get the kit since I have Doc Q’s sweet lcd apron mod on both sides. Plus I could not rationalize paying 300(my price guess) for achievements on a home game.

#9769 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Nice….I doubt I would get the kit since I have Doc Q’s sweet lcd apron mod on both sides. Plus I could not rationalize paying 300(my price guess) for achievements on a home game.

i was honestly expecting it to be fairly low, since they said as much in the presser, and they want wide adoption to try and push their premium subscriptions, etc.

#9770 2 years ago

Has anyone replaced flipper bats with the scared stiff boney finger flipper bats?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10343

#9771 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Has anyone replaced flipper bats with the scared stiff boney finger flipper bats?
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10343

many of us have, search this thread.

#9772 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I have and zero issues and look great.

6E4CF4C3-46EE-4754-AF75-60638F773E16 (resized).jpeg6E4CF4C3-46EE-4754-AF75-60638F773E16 (resized).jpeg
#9773 2 years ago

Thoughts on the stern shooter rod for $169.00, is it worth it?

#9774 2 years ago

absolutely not

#9775 2 years ago

Not unless you need your game to be “complete” or really like the look.

I bought mine at the original Stern price and not sure it was worth it. Still haven’t installed it.

I’m not a huge fan of speciality shooter rods anyway, but I thought $89 was bad. Can’t imagine any shooter rod I’d be willing to pay $170+ for.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9776 2 years ago

None of this stuff is worth it, hell you only see it when your pulling it. But if you like it get it. Some did a home made shooter rod using a skull, I think it looks really cool and bought one just haven't got around to doing it yet.

16337974876895272733593350758568 (resized).jpg16337974876895272733593350758568 (resized).jpg
#9777 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not unless you need your game to be “complete”.
I bought mine at the original Stern price and not sure it was worth it. Still haven’t installed it.

Definitely seems pricey! Not sure what the original price was, but I would of been a player up to $120.00 but $169.00 seems way too high!

On a side note I do like these side rails for the premium I get someday and at $269 they are reasonably priced.

5E346A72-8E5C-4350-8821-5D235A1EF646 (resized).jpeg5E346A72-8E5C-4350-8821-5D235A1EF646 (resized).jpeg
#9778 2 years ago

Are the side rails in stock anywhere? I do want those. But I don’t like the feel of anything other than the standard, stock shooter knob.

#9779 2 years ago

Definitely seems pricey! Not sure what the original price was, but I would of been a player up to $120.00 but $169.00 seems way too high!
On a side note I do like these side rails for the premium I get someday and at $269 they are reasonably priced.
[quoted image]

Original cost of the shooter rod was either $79.99 or $89.99 - I don’t remember.

I like the side rails and would put them on a Premium if (a) I could buy the side rails anywhere and (b) I had a Premium

[Edit: I have an LE]

#9780 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Are the side rails in stock anywhere? I do want those. But I don’t like the feel of anything other than the standard, stock shooter knob.

Quoted from jfh:

Original cost of the shooter rod was either $79.99 or $89.99 - I don’t remember.
I like the side rails and would put them on a Premium if (a) I could buy the side rails anywhere and (b) I had a Premium

PM’s sent those are the last two sets of side rail that I know of, so if you guys don’t want them and anyone else here needs a set just pass the link onto them.

#9781 2 years ago

1 left.

#9782 2 years ago

If anyone has a lead on a topper that is reasonably priced please keep me in mind.

Edit: Long shot, but if anyone is thinking about selling their LE PM me.

#9783 2 years ago

Made my own shooter rod, cost me about $20 total.

3CC72D84-B5E5-461A-AEDE-55E249F68E53 (resized).jpeg3CC72D84-B5E5-461A-AEDE-55E249F68E53 (resized).jpegD9A63C22-72E7-4D15-B8AB-AEFC21FD3138 (resized).jpegD9A63C22-72E7-4D15-B8AB-AEFC21FD3138 (resized).jpegE5A2D7C6-6B13-4358-9E8F-027C271DE60D (resized).jpegE5A2D7C6-6B13-4358-9E8F-027C271DE60D (resized).jpeg
#9784 2 years ago

Hell no. Doesn't even light up

#9785 2 years ago

Wait, where are are the side rails available?

#9786 2 years ago

Sorry man Nitro had 2 sets but they are gone now.

#9787 2 years ago

That skull is about 100x more theme appropriate than creepo, even though creepo is in the game.

#9788 2 years ago

Just thought I'd share this...

I always thought M:THOF was the most lucrative haunt until I noticed that the ramp combos during TWOW increased in value what seemed exponentially. Tonight while playing, I was able to keep the ramp combos going until my last shot was worth 27 million. The final shot to the house was only 20 million. The whole haunt ended up being worth 176 million! I collected the Trailer Trash (with bits) for another 176 million. Then collected it again during Director's Cut. That one haunt ended up being worth 529,200,000! And that was without Double Trouble!

20211009_185250 (resized).jpg20211009_185250 (resized).jpg
#9789 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That skull is about 100x more theme appropriate than creepo, even though creepo is in the game.

The clown is in the game. He starts “drive me crazy”!

Just noticed that you already mentioned this!!

#9790 2 years ago

Just upgraded my friends EHOH to new code from .98. Now he says he noticed he can't rack the score up like he used to. Did they change anything with scoring on the newer updates?

#9791 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Just thought I'd share this...
I always thought M:THOF was the most lucrative haunt until I noticed that the ramp combos during TWOW increased in value what seemed exponentially. Tonight while playing, I was able to keep the ramp combos going until my last shot was worth 27 million. The final shot to the house was only 20 million. The whole haunt ended up being worth 176 million! I collected the Trailer Trash (with bits) for another 176 million. Then collected it again during Director's Cut. That one haunt ended up being worth 529,200,000! And that was without Double Trouble![quoted image]

Some haunts can be more lucrative than others because they have a lot more scenes in them. It just depends whether you keep trying to extend the haunt or cash it it earlier. Although I don't think I've ever been close to 176 million on any haunt - maybe 100-120 tops.

Trailer trash is too easy. I always thought it should count down even the 1x value, albeit maybe a bit slower. Well, just my thought anyhow...

Rob

#9792 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just upgraded my friends EHOH to new code from .98. Now he says he noticed he can't rack the score up like he used to. Did they change anything with scoring on the newer updates?

Did a new code update drop that I missed?

#9793 2 years ago

Recently got some at pinballlife. Got here in 3 days.

Ordered originally from Stern but after a month and countless messages I finally just had my credit card company get my money back. Pinball life has awesome service.

* Edit - I assumed you were asking about side blades, if you mean armor, sorry.

#9794 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Did a new code update drop that I missed?

No. He never did any updates after .98 I just did the 1.02.
Now he complains it doesn't rack up the score like it did before. Did you notice any change in scoring after installing the 1.02 update?

#9795 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

No. He never did any updates after .98 I just did the 1.02.
Now he complains it doesn't rack up the score like it did before. Did you notice any change in scoring after installing the 1.02 update?

You could always go to the “Read Me” file on their support page. A lot of changes from .98 thru 1.02.

#9796 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

You could always go to the “Read Me” file on their support page. A lot of changes from .98 thru 1.02.

Did that. Only saw one change on the House Party from 750k to 100k. Was wondering if anyone else noticed any changes in the scoring or stacking of modes/multi balls.

#9797 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did that. Only saw one change on the House Party from 750k to 100k. Was wondering if anyone else noticed any changes in the scoring or stacking of modes/multi balls.

Maybe he has an out of alignment opto on a ramp. That can cause massive points when unhappy hour is running.

Rob

#9798 2 years ago

No, and honestly, I don't get it. In my opinion, it's counter to the look of the entire machine. Bats, spiders, skulls, etc. I get, but a clown?

#9799 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

See? Shows what I know. I didn't know the clown's name was Creepo nor that it was in the game anywhere. I just feel like it's out of theme for the cab in general.

#9800 2 years ago

Really psyched to install the docquest apron mod
Today! Looks great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

12,900 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/196?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.