IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 363.
#9701 2 years ago

WOW! Just discover this.. Elvira comes out after 19 years...

https://www.today.com/popculture/elvira-mistress-dark-comes-out-new-memoir-t231912

#9702 2 years ago

Good for her. Life is too short, be happy.

#9703 2 years ago

:-)She didn’t really come out, just announced she’s been experimenting the last 19 years

#9704 2 years ago

40th Anniversary stream of Movie Macabre was on Shudder last night - she showed Mistress of the Dark, House on Haunted Hill (the original), City of the Dead and another one I forget. It’s being replayed tomorrow!

#9705 2 years ago

Also, I just saw that Shout Factory is releasing Elvira’s Haunted Hills finally, which is pretty great

#9706 2 years ago

I was able to watch the first three on shudder. Couldn’t stay awake for the 4th

#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I was able to watch the first three on shudder. Couldn’t stay awake for the 4th

LOL yep same here

#9708 2 years ago

Just checked in with my distributor and he said the 2022 price “should be between $8600 and $8800”. So he may not even know if they’re upping the price for connectivity features. I believe that price is un-shipped. I pick up all my games from his shop.

#9709 2 years ago

from what I recall, Elvira isn't getting the price increase that the other titles are getting. I think Elvira is seeing a $200 increase form its previous price, and that's it, no matter if it ships after Jan. 1 or not

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

from what I recall, Elvira isn't getting the price increase that the other titles are getting. I think Elvira is seeing a $200 increase form its previous price, and that's it, no matter if it ships after Jan. 1 or not

What was the previous price? They were long gone by the time I looked for one NIB and I never even checked the price

#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

No way Elvira doesn’t see a bigger price increase on top of the $200. Stern doesn’t want to make Elvira any longer because of all the mechs in it and the house. I heard they do not make a ton a ton of money off of it being a boutique game.

They jacked the price up last year $500 on mine. I just don’t see them increasing the price only $200. All other titles next year are seeing price increases way more than $200 on pros, premium, and LE’s. I could be wrong but doubt it. It’s Stern we are talking about=$$$$

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

What was the previous price? They were long gone by the time I looked for one NIB and I never even checked the price

I think the premium was around $8300

#9713 2 years ago

Looks like the new MSRP on EHOH is $9295 with a street price of $9195

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I think the premium was around $8300

$8499

#9715 2 years ago

Happy to do this mod for you! I looks great on your machine. You can check out my other button surrounds on my Pinside Shops page. Thanks for your business!

Quoted from HopBeard:

Just got this great mod. It is magnetic. Thank you rimmeym inscribedsolutions.com What do you all think?
[quoted image][quoted image]

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You can download the file to 3d print here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4793137

What premium 3D printer do you recommend?

#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Looks like the new MSRP on EHOH is $9295 with a street price of $9195

What's your source for those numbers?

I just checked Stern's website:
MSRP $8,499 (Insider Connected Equipped $8,799)

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

What does insider equipped mean?

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I think those are the prices for the remainder of the year. Problem with that is Elvira is not scheduled for production until 2022

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What does insider equipped mean?

Has apron with QR code reader installed and wifi dongle on main board.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I dont have a 3D printer so I'm not the right guy to answer that question. Try pinsider yelobird, he's well versed with 3D printers.

#9722 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I dont have a 3D printer so I'm not the right guy to answer that question. Try pinsider yelobird, he's well versed with 3D printers.

There’s a thread on the site discussing this. Most people seem to either have a Creality Ender 3 or Ender 5, or a Prusa MK3. I have owned an ender and a Prusa, and the Prusa remains. You set it up, then you print. I had endless issues with the Ender, but others have recently reported better results. There are even newer ones now that have different features.

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a thread on the site discussing this. Most people seem to either have a Creality Ender 3 or Ender 5, or a Prusa MK3. I have owned an ender and a Prusa, and the Prusa remains. You set it up, then you print. I had endless issues with the Ender, but others have recently reported better results. There are even newer ones now that have different features.

Yes, If you want out of the box great printing, take the Prusa MK3. But it will cost you. If you want to go cheap take an Ender 3 or 5. Ender 3 is more common, Ender 5 prints slightly larger objects. Both great machines with some small tweaking great results, but you need to get into the hobby with these. You build them yourself and do your own maintenance. The help online is ok, there are a lot of great communities. But again, no hasstle printing = Prusa, cheaper = Ender.

I myself have an Ender 5, works great after some initial setup.

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Cointaker

#9725 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I love my Ultimaker! They are expensive but just work. I also had a Prusa but sold it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9726 2 years ago

Has anyone used Pinbrowser to tweak anything on their EHOH? I'm thinking of swapping out one of the songs like Shout with Oingo Boingo's Dead Mans Party for October and Halloween.

Problem is, I've never used Pinbrowser. Does anyone know if this is a easy to do for a novice?

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Just got a topper for my EHOH and it seems to be interacting with the game and has been detected, but the lid hasn't popped open yet. What activates this in the game? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked and answered before, my limited forum skills didn't produce an answer.

Are they still making toppers? What are they going for these days?

#9728 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are they still making toppers? What are they going for these days?

Screenshot_20210929-084018_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210929-084018_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#9729 2 years ago

Not mine

#9730 2 years ago
#9731 2 years ago

Something tells me that doesn’t sell at the price. Is Stern done making them or more on the way?

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Has anyone used Pinbrowser to tweak anything on their EHOH? I'm thinking of swapping out one of the songs like Shout with Oingo Boingo's Dead Mans Party for October and Halloween.
Problem is, I've never used Pinbrowser. Does anyone know if this is a easy to do for a novice?

I’d be interested to know how this works too. Although it could be a little weird since she says the lyrics as the song starts.

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’d be interested to know how this works too. Although it could be a little weird since she says the lyrics as the song starts.

I thought about that. It could be used elsewhere as well. Drawing a blank on where they have "Drunk Drivin" in the game but there are probably other parts of the game different music could be used. Is there music during House Party?

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

At first I thought the "Shout" song seemed to be a weird choice for the game. However after re-watching the "Elvira Mistress of the Dark" movie I remembered that was the song they played for the montage where the town helps her fix up her old house so she can sell it. I appreciate that attention to detail by the design team.

#9735 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

At first I thought the "Shout" song seemed to be a weird choice for the game. However after re-watching the "Elvira Mistress of the Dark" movie I remembered that was the song they played for the montage where the town helps her fix up her old house so she can sell it. I appreciate that attention to detail by the design team.

Same exact thing for me - my wife and I were watching MOTD when it was on Shudder this weekend and I was surprised to hear that song during the house montage. It fits!

#9736 2 years ago

Greetings Elvira fans, Has anyone one had a problem with the decal on top of the trunk peeling off. if so what's the fix Thanks

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Greetings Elvira fans, Has anyone one had a problem with the decal on top of the trunk peeling off. if so what's the fix Thanks

Not sure there is a fix due to the design (1piece) other than glue. Mine came up with in the first 3 months. I was just going to let it ride. Doesn't affect game play and there are bigger problems in the world

#9738 2 years ago

$2200 doesn't include shipping?!

Rob

#9739 2 years ago

https://nitropinball.com/products/elvira-topper
They can still be preordered for delivery next year at MSRP

80DB65A3-7E59-4C6B-AF03-A3DCFD821033 (resized).png80DB65A3-7E59-4C6B-AF03-A3DCFD821033 (resized).png
#9740 2 years ago

Lots of people ordered pins from the 2022 Mandalorian run at MSRP in May and they are being affected by the price increase… will it hit the topper too?

I really like the topper, but even at $999 it’s just too much for me.

#9741 2 years ago

Was it just last week she was on Shudder?

Now looks like a stint with Netflix. Can't wait.

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I've had that issue. I tried using double sided tape. No good.....probably because the amount of tape I used was too small.

#9743 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Was it just last week she was on Shudder?
Now looks like a stint with Netflix. Can't wait.

Awesome! I’m loving this last hurrah

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I've had that issue. I tried using double sided tape. No good.....probably because the amount of tape I used was too small.

The mech kind of rubs off the decal, you need to reposition the whole decal with a full piece of replacement tape - the 3M 378(?) strongest double sided tape. Also slightly loosen the hinge side - it looks a little wonky but will keep the decal intact.

#9745 2 years ago

So is there or isn’t there more toppers being made? Only Nitro was selling for the next release and I see he pulled down his ad. Is Stern done with the Elvira topper?

#9746 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone might have some insight on this: The trough is occasionally kicking out 2 balls at once in to the shooter lane. Doesn’t seem to me like the trough power is up too high as sometimes it barely kicks out the ball enough(not often but sometimes.) I guess I can try lowering the kick out strength but curious if it could be something else? Thx for any help!

#9747 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I have that same issue from my May 2021 build. I;ve thought of applying some kind of adhesive but don’t want to mess with it too much. I guess it doesn’t bother me excessively. But, yeah, I’d love to know how to get it to stick.

#9748 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Wondering if anyone might have some insight on this: The trough is occasionally kicking out 2 balls at once in to the shooter lane. Doesn’t seem to me like the trough power is up too high as sometimes it barely kicks out the ball enough(not often but sometimes.) I guess I can try lowering the kick out strength but curious if it could be something else? Thx for any help!

Magnetized, more than likely the cause

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Magnetized, more than likely the cause

ah ok, thx! So balls can become magnetized even if the game(Elvira) doesn’t have a magnet in it, huh?(sorry, newb question)

#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Try unplugging the connectors to the trough board and reseating them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/195?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.