IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 363.
#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think I prefer the oversized version

I’m guessing it was made quite sometime ago? I heard that the next run is until early next year.

Yup. Get the oversized. We have em in ehoh and metallica. I think it looks better than seeing the slots the card tucks into. I put a small piece of double backed tape to hold it

#9652 2 years ago

I heard that the next run is until early next year.

Yeah, I've got one on order with my local distro, and he told me early 2022... which is a long time to wait.

#9653 2 years ago

On my nib premium game i also noticed the turret on the house wont spin. Elvira is facing forward and the light will come on but it wont spin. I checked the wires underneath the playfield and they are all connected. The game is on most recent code. I did the game specific test for the spinning turret where it shows optos but nothing happens. I am not sure what to do to test it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#9654 2 years ago

Is it possible

I am saving up to buy a premium next year when they run them again, would love to get some opinions for must have mods for this game?

What distributor could I get one from next year and what's the expected cost?

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Is it possible

What distributor could I get one from next year and what's the expected cost?

Pm sent

#9656 2 years ago

Hey all -

I'm in the market for a NIB Elvira Premium. Looks like everything is just preorder for early 2022. What's the going street price on this game NIB? Will the 2022 run have insider connected? Did the price on this game get hit with a price increase too?

Thanks in advance!

If someone has a NIB, hit me up.

#9657 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all -
I'm in the market for a NIB Elvira Premium. Looks like everything is just preorder for early 2022. What's the going street price on this game NIB? Will the 2022 run have insider connected? Did the price on this game get hit with a price increase too?
Thanks in advance!
If someone has a NIB, hit me up.

Everything produced from here on will have Insider Connected. All games had a recent $300 price increase even after the previous bump. After 1/1/2022 all games will follow Godzilla pricing meaning MSRP for next years run will be $9000.

#9658 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Everything produced from here on will have Insider Connected. All games had a recent $300 price increase even after the previous bump. After 1/1/2022 all games will follow Godzilla pricing meaning MSRP for next years run will be $9000.

Is the Insider thingy a piece of hardware, or just a software update?

#9659 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is the Insider thingy a piece of hardware, or just a software update?

Hardware and software. It give the machine WiFi and adds a camera that can rear QR codes. Goes in the right corner of the apron.

#9660 2 years ago

I was told by my distributor that Stern doesn’t know yet if they are going up on this title yet because of the last price increase. I am sure the $300 Increase will happen for sure but TBA on the big increase.

#9661 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hardware and software. It give the machine WiFi and adds a camera that can rear QR codes. Goes in the right corner of the apron.

Got it. Now I remember reading something about the QR codes. Weird package.

#9662 2 years ago

What was the original MSRP release price of the premium on this game? Also I’ve got to say I’m a bit concerned about what the QR code reader is going to look Like on the apron of Elvira as it is so nice looking, hopefully they won’t make it look to conspicuous compared to how the original looked.

#9663 2 years ago

What was the original MSRP release price of the premium on this game? Also I’ve got to say I’m a bit concerned about what the QR code reader is going to look Like on the apron of Elvira as it is so nice looking, hopefully they won’t make it look to conspicuous compared to how the original looked.

Thought I read in the gz discussion that Stern was going to send art card to cover the qr if you dont use it. Hoping so , for gz, but i won't be upgrading my current pins to it anyways

#9664 2 years ago

Original pricing in September 2019:

Premium: $7999
LE: $9599
SLE: set by distributor (generally $15k)

#9665 2 years ago

I’ve got to say I’m a bit concerned about what the QR code reader is going to look Like on the apron of Elvira as it is so nice looking, hopefully they won’t make it look to conspicuous compared to how the original looked.

It will be interesting to see. Hard to imagine that it will look like it belongs.

I’m waiting for the crafty mod makers to have a kit that allows the QR reader to be placed externally - maybe attached to a leg bolt.

#9666 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was told by my distributor that Stern doesn’t know yet if they are going up on this title yet because of the last price increase. I am sure the $300 Increase will happen for sure but TBA on the big increase.

Yeah, I've got a NIB on order as well, and my distro told me he didn't know yet if there were any more increases after the $300 one for the Connect stuff. I hope to hell not.

#9667 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will be interesting to see. Hard to imagine that it will look like it belongs.
I’m waiting for the crafty mod makers to have a kit that allows the QR reader to be placed externally - maybe attached to a leg bolt.

Or in a box in the closet. As strictly a home player, with a few visits a year to Jordan's, I have no need for it. But it will be a good addition for the people who have been asking for connectivity.

#9668 2 years ago

I haven't been paying very close attention to the Connected stuff, assuming it was strictly for locations and not of interest to me. However, they were saying on the GZ stream that there was "so much more coming" and that we "wouldn't believe what it could do" or something to that effect. Have they said any more about this, or does anyone have any insights as to what all this might bring to the table? As it stands I don't care at all about profiles and a few shot-based achievements.

#9669 2 years ago

I just hope they implement a co-op mode like on Mandalorian. Wife and I are not the greatest players and would be great to take on the game together.

#9670 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I just hope they implement a co-op mode like on Mandalorian. Wife and I are not the greatest players and would be great to take on the game together.

I doubt this would happen now that Lyman is gone. It seems like the slow burn of Elvira HoH becoming a must have pin made Stern not prioritize it in any way. I don’t think they would pay anyone more to go back and add code at this point. But I would gladly throw money at Lyman to make it happen.

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I haven't been paying very close attention to the Connected stuff, assuming it was strictly for locations and not of interest to me. However, they were saying on the GZ stream that there was "so much more coming" and that we "wouldn't believe what it could do" or something to that effect. Have they said any more about this, or does anyone have any insights as to what all this might bring to the table? As it stands I don't care at all about profiles and a few shot-based achievements.

Sounds like typical marketing fluff to me. Don't read too much into it.

#9672 2 years ago

I doubt this would happen now that Lyman is gone. It seems like the slow burn of Elvira HoH becoming a must have pin made Stern not prioritize it in any way. I don’t think they would pay anyone more to go back and add code at this point. But I would gladly throw money at Lyman to make it happen.

I mean, the two movies centered on the translite aren't coded. Movies in the playfield art aren't coded. They NEED to continue this code.

Pinball isn't that big of a field. It seems like SOMEONE would know Lyman personally and would be able to ask him what's going on. No one in pinball knows this man?

#9673 2 years ago

When I saw 50+ posts in one day I was sure it was because a new run of toppers had been announced.

#9674 2 years ago

How do you even buy a stern topper? Is it through distributors or off of Sterns website?

#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I mean, the two movies centered on the translite aren't coded. Movies in the playfield art aren't coded. They NEED to continue this code.
Pinball isn't that big of a field. It seems like SOMEONE would know Lyman personally and would be able to ask him what's going on. No one in pinball knows this man?

He’s even on Pinside, and I’m sure he would post something if he felt the need to. Hopefully Stern treated him with respect, and he just decided it was time for a break. I’m super bummed, but the game is already really good. Kind of sucks there are still a couple movies not yet coded

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He’s even on Pinside, and I’m sure he would post something if he felt the need to. Hopefully Stern treated him with respect, and he just decided it was time for a break. I’m super bummed, but the game is already really good. Kind of sucks there are still a couple movies not yet coded

I’m not sure the plan was to ever code all of the movies. The only reason there are so many movies is because they were on the last run of her show and are in the public domain. Maybe someone can ask Cassandra if she even did video intros/outros at Stern for those other movies.

#9677 2 years ago

I’m not sure the plan was to ever code all of the movies. The only reason there are so many movies is because they were on the last run of her show and are in the public domain. Maybe someone can ask Cassandra if she even did video intros/outros at Stern for those other movies.

I think 3 of them are even in the settings menu. Lyman had previously stated that this was his dream theme and he would be coding it for years, that they had hours of footage from Elvira they haven't used yet but planned on using it all. Yes, I'd think the original plan was to code them all.

#9678 2 years ago

I did, when we were in Salem, Mass a few years ago and she did an appearance. They filmed new stuff for all of the movies (even wasp woman and Eeegah!) and she did extra callouts for them. The movies in the game were from her 2011 revival of Movie Macabre, which she self-financed and is on Amazon now. There are more movies in that season than the game includes. This was an all-in game and she went way out of her way to make sure it was awesome

#9679 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did, when we were in Salem, Mass a few years ago and she did an appearance. They filmed new stuff for all of the movies (even wasp woman and Eeegah!) and she did extra callouts for them. The movies in the game were from her 2011 revival of Movie Macabre, which she self-financed and is on Amazon now. This was an all-in game and she went way out of her way to make sure it was awesome

Wow, then this would be really disheartening. If the plan all along was to include all that content, but higher than expected sales demand removed their "need" to live up to the original scope, that's pretty shady.

#9680 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I did, when we were in Salem, Mass a few years ago and she did an appearance. They filmed new stuff for all of the movies (even wasp woman and Eeegah!) and she did extra callouts for them. The movies in the game were from her 2011 revival of Movie Macabre, which she self-financed and is on Amazon now. There are more movies in that season than the game includes. This was an all-in game and she went way out of her way to make sure it was awesome

If all of that gets abandoned...it's just damned painful.

#9681 2 years ago

There's actually so much content available that I believe the original intent of the turret was to change the entire lineup of movies.

#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wow, then this would be really disheartening. If the plan all along was to include all that content, but higher than expected sales demand removed their "need" to live up to the original scope, that's pretty shady.

I don’t know when this was all filmed or if her memory was perfectly accurate (it’s not like we hung out for hours) but the takeaway was there definitely was intent to add more modes. I don’t think she knew much about the game rules and whatnot but she was pretty psyched about it

#9683 2 years ago

There's actually so much content available that I believe the original intent of the turret was to change the entire lineup of movies.

The coding part would be quite easy, it’s all the clip editing that takes a ton of time.

Sad if true that there are many more unused callouts.

#9684 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He hasn't been on this site since chuckwurt viciously ran him off and made fun of his code

#9685 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He hasn't been on this site since chuckwurt viciously ran him off and made fun of his code

I hope that's being facetious.

#9686 2 years ago

I hope that's being facetious.

I am giving my best media headline, and ribbing a local friend / pinsider

He can explain much better than I if he chooses to chime in. He said something to the effect of his STERN code not being complete (whose is?) when it comes out, Lyman corrected him bringing up some of his classic Bally games, etc. there was some back and forth, etc. Its memorable to me because I recall chuckwurt actually getting a downvote from the king of code which gave me a good laugh.

But yes, being very much facetious.

#9687 2 years ago

Just got a topper for my EHOH and it seems to be interacting with the game and has been detected, but the lid hasn't popped open yet. What activates this in the game? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked and answered before, my limited forum skills didn't produce an answer.

#9688 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Just got a topper for my EHOH and it seems to be interacting with the game and has been detected, but the lid hasn't popped open yet. What activates this in the game? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked and answered before, my limited forum skills didn't produce an answer.

I believe the first instance occurs at the start of House Party. Others happen at jackpots or super jackpots during multiballs.

Edit: Playing tonight I noticed it at the beginning of Trunk Multiball as well.

#9689 2 years ago

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think there's enough movies in the game. The trouble is where would you put new ones?

My #1 wish is for the spinner to have more purpose.

Rob

#9691 2 years ago

So does the turret actually do anything besides give an add-a-ball during house party multiball?

Rob

#9692 2 years ago

If I could wave my magic wand I would say
1) Put in a Haunt for The Wasp Woman
2) Add in co-op mode

I have a little hope for co-op mode when all this insider connected gets implemented. I'm thinking maybe they will implement a base set of features for all games, and co-op mode could be one.

This is just a hope, not based on any insider information.

#9693 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I believe the first instance occurs at the start of House Party. Others happen at jackpots or super jackpots during multiballs.
Edit: Playing tonight I noticed it at the beginning of Trunk Multiball as well.

Thanks, I have seen it pop a couple of times since. The mech noise is obscured during play, if you don't know when to look it is easy to miss.

#9694 2 years ago

Just got my leg gargoyles installed, they are badass!! Thanks to Lawnboy, who offers his 3D printing service to those of us who haven’t added that hobby to our already taxing pin hobby. Also props to adam12hicks to putting these on thingiverse! Gotta love Pinside….

8BE12CCD-9575-407B-AA84-B2E3765836C9 (resized).jpeg8BE12CCD-9575-407B-AA84-B2E3765836C9 (resized).jpegFAC7C5C2-71A2-49ED-80C3-B7E06F54484C (resized).jpegFAC7C5C2-71A2-49ED-80C3-B7E06F54484C (resized).jpeg
#9695 2 years ago

Tell us where to order those !!!

#9696 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Just got my leg gargoyles installed, they are badass!! Thanks to Lawnboy, who offers his 3D printing service to those of us who haven’t added that hobby to our already taxing pin hobby. Also props to adam12hicks to putting these on thingiverse! Gotta love Pinside….
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great!! They also look halfway decent in stone:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9697 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you order them?!! Don’t leave us hanging

#9698 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

They are on Thingiverse, if you have a 3D printer. If not, it sounds like Lawnboy may be persuaded to print them for you

#9699 2 years ago

Joined the club! Had to sacrifice Wonka but I'm excited to finally own this game.

20210925_160318 (resized).jpg20210925_160318 (resized).jpg
#9700 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You can download the file to 3d print here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4793137

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/194?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.