IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 362.
#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

you will def end up owing the new price. when i got mine they tacked on the extra 500. deposit or not, the new price is what you pay. a bummer but imo still worth it. wish i got the LE but its a great pin!

I kinda figured. It's still worth it to me, so I'll just set aside the extra dinero.

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Pretty much designed it myself from google images.. made it large enough to fit the back wall & the ceiling and sent it to a printer to print on good, hard wallpaper. (heres an old pic before pinball's were in the scene)
it's pretty easy. The neons were inspired by a picture of a Japanese cafe i saw once.
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic! How did you do the neon, is this the neon looking, bendable lighting that has been available for quite awhile?

#9603 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Does the game trap the ball, and then you hear a random click and mode starts? Or is game dark as hell and ball just dribbles out with no more warning sounds?
If it’s the first thing I said , you answered your own question and need to tweak that rear opto that controls the down post through the plastic exit of the house. I explained how in a prior post
If it’s the second, I assume your game is at 6.5 degrees or so. Increase it to 6.7 or so.
Let me know if you need any further help on this. It’s a frustrating issue , but fixable.

Ya its number 2. I'll look and see what angle my machine is at.

But now after moving the house on and off, I sometimes get random garage shots. Like the game will say Locks or lit or something and I didn't even shoot the drop target. Or sometimes when I hit the house ramp and a the Haunt starts, if its a haunt that needs the garage shot, it will automatically give it to me before the ball comes out of the house.

So I assume that is an alignment issue with the garage opto. Just need to figure out how to get to it.

Slowly but surely its coming together. Still need to fix my cellar VUK shooting STDM 50% of the time as well.

#9604 2 years ago

happy birthday Cassandra !

#9605 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Happy birthday, Cassandra !

Forever 36 . . .
inserts (resized).jpginserts (resized).jpg
. . . and 24 and 36.

#9606 2 years ago

Does anyone else get flipper fade with this game? As party nights go on for the 5th-6th hour you can't backhand the left ramp anymore.

#9607 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Does anyone else get flipper fade with this game? As party nights go on for the 5th-6th hour you can't backhand the left ramp anymore.

That’s not unique to Elvira.

#9608 2 years ago

I've noticed it get a bit more difficult to backhand the left ramp after about an hour of playing on mine. At that point it's still makable but it's definitely more difficult. I haven't played for much more than 90 minutes straight on it though.

On my AIQ I was finding a lot of shots difficult to make after an hour or so of playing so I got the PinMonk flipper cooling fans and that took care of the issue. I'm probably not going to get the fans on Elvira because most shots are still fine after an hour to an hour and a half for me and that's about as long as I play it in any one stretch, but if you're going to be playing for longer times like you mentioned then the flipper cooling fans might not be a bad idea.

#9609 2 years ago

I noticed the same thing. At some point, it became almost implayable.
I replaced the flippers coil stops and now it's fine again.

#9610 2 years ago

The garage is not locking the balls or registering the shots anymore. The ball just go back to the left out lane.
Any clue?

#9611 2 years ago

Do you still have the Stern coil stops installed? If so, replace them and see if the problem continues.

#9612 2 years ago

I finally got to play a pro last night, my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing it. Long shot but someday I hope to find an LE!

Edit I played a Premium I didn’t realize there is no pro of this title.

#9613 2 years ago

Finally played through the entire house this evening. Such a killer pin.

#9614 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

The garage is not locking the balls or registering the shots anymore. The ball just go back to the left out lane.
Any clue?

In my case the garage coil got stuck (open). First i thought the spring was too weak to reset the coil. But then i noticed that the ball lock post (the plastic part) didn't move through the playfield hole without touching it. The solution was to bend the coil mount just a bit, so that the lock post doesn't touch anything when moving.

#9615 2 years ago
Quoted from drgary:

In my case the garage coil got stuck (open). First i thought the spring was too weak to reset the coil. But then i noticed that the ball lock post (the plastic part) didn't move through the playfield hole without touching it. The solution was to bend the coil mount just a bit, so that the lock post doesn't touch anything when moving.

Thank you, I'm going to check

#9616 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

OMG
[quoted image]

Buy elsewhere. Other distributors will at least sell at MSRP.

#9617 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Elwin needs to realize that most people cannot nail shot after shot after shot. Reality is most of us can hardly nail one or two shots. Making the shots too tight just pisses people off to the extent that they do not want to play the game at all. He needs to work out some sort of way to cater for us. Maybe a way to get the shots via the button on the lock down bar? I normally like harder games but AIQ is just another level with the code on top.
Elvira HOH on the other hand is fantastic. Shoots beautiful, great code and a enjoyable experience every time you play it. For me, one of Sterns best ever games!

And yet JP is rated #2 all time now and Stern has probably sold more of them than any game they've ever made.

I understand what you're saying but there are a ton of us that love the game because it has lastability in the home for some of the exact reasons you cite as negatives.

#9618 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

And yet JP is rated #2 all time now and Stern has probably sold more of them than any game they've ever made.
I understand what you're saying but there are a ton of us that love the game because it has lastability in the home for some of the exact reasons you cite as negatives.

Elvira is a keeper, the humor, the shots, the way you progress. I had a JPLE for over a year, sold it, was to frustrating. If you can not make the shots you stay in the paddock for the rest of the game. I could lose 3 balls in one paddock ending up nowhere. I think Keith Elwin games are super for tournament players, for me not so. I love when you can still progress through the house and get house party even if you do not finish each room. I hope Stern will tackle this is the future with code. You could select at the start if you want the hard way or the easy way. Would be so much more fun for casual players.

#9619 2 years ago

I have to agree - I don't play this game every day, but when I do I can either have a whack-a-mole just random great time hitting shots, or I can really dig in and have a super deep, focused game. The layout is fairly forgiving, unlike some of my other games where if you have ONE slightly off-kilter shot, and it's SDTM. Those are intense and you feel great when you're in the zone and have a great game, but I don't always find them "fun". This game is as close to a classic Bally/Williams fun time as you can get nowadays.

#9620 2 years ago

Yeah, JP is brutal to me. The shots are tight which leads me to just miss many of them. I hope Godzilla is a little more forgiving.

Elvira is perfect though. I can always have fun no matter how I tackle the game.

#9621 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Elvira is a keeper, the humor, the shots, the way you progress. I had a JPLE for over a year, sold it, was to frustrating. If you can not make the shots you stay in the paddock for the rest of the game. I could lose 3 balls in one paddock ending up nowhere. I think Keith Elwin games are super for tournament players, for me not so. I love when you can still progress through the house and get house party even if you do not finish each room. I hope Stern will tackle this is the future with code. You could select at the start if you want the hard way or the easy way. Would be so much more fun for casual players.

I own both and enjoy both games. I respect the fact you prefer EHOH for the reasons you state. Conversely, if I had to choose and could only keep one, it would be my JP premium. Different strokes for different folks.

#9622 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I own both and enjoy both games. I respect the fact you prefer EHOH for the reasons you state. Conversely, if I had to choose and could only keep one, it would be my JP premium. Different strokes for different folks.

JP was too linear for me. I didn't like that the padlocks had to be pursued in a particular order. Felt like chopping wood after awhile.

#9623 2 years ago

I am saving up to buy a premium next year when they run them again, would love to get some opinions for must have mods for this game?

#9624 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am saving up to buy a premium next year when they run them again, would love to get some opinions for must have mods for this game?

Shaker and side blades.

#9625 2 years ago

This for sure!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

#9626 2 years ago

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I've also been really happy with this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02920-anti-airball-ramp-deflector-for-elvira-house-of-horrors

Once in awhile on mine balls coming fast down the left return were hitting the end and hopping over it. This keeps them from hopping over the end of the return and was a really easy installation.

#9627 2 years ago

That is strange, I did not know that was an issue. I have played 100s of games and never seen an air call on this game.

#9628 2 years ago

What others said + Boney flippers, and find a skull to make yourself a shooter rod.

34844F1C-217E-4C3E-96DF-758FCDB0B863 (resized).jpeg34844F1C-217E-4C3E-96DF-758FCDB0B863 (resized).jpegD6A95742-8309-4E3C-8BC5-F80595AF16E9 (resized).jpegD6A95742-8309-4E3C-8BC5-F80595AF16E9 (resized).jpeg
#9629 2 years ago

$12 skull on Amazon.

92344345-5670-4170-B3EC-E84CB0B63255 (resized).jpeg92344345-5670-4170-B3EC-E84CB0B63255 (resized).jpegE17A8C95-C596-4573-8E27-9E42A60D18B5 (resized).jpegE17A8C95-C596-4573-8E27-9E42A60D18B5 (resized).jpeg
#9630 2 years ago

Anyone with a LE or loaded premium with topper want to trade for a Godzilla LE?

#9631 2 years ago

Thanks for the mod ideas guys! Who carries the best art blades for the game?

I was thinking I have a set of powder coated armor off of my old iron maiden Limited edition that was scratched during shipping, I love the color so I thought I would have all of it re powdered in the same deep red color for Elvira, It is a beautiful color.

Wow there are Some incredibly talented people in this hobby!

#9632 2 years ago

Thanks for the mod ideas guys! Who carries the best art blades for the game?
I was thinking I have a set of powder coated armor off of my old iron maiden Limited edition that was scratched during shipping, Stern Warrantied it and let me keep the old armor, I love the color so I thought I would have lollipop rails off of IMDN LE and The legs and lock down bar off of the new game all re powdered in the same deep red color for Elvira, It is a beautiful color and reminds me of what they used on Elvira LE at least from pictures as I’ve never seen the LE person.

We have these and they look great

Screenshot_20210921-204822_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210921-204822_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#9633 2 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

AIQ definitely lacks personality, but makes up for it with its layout and strategy, IMO. I like that it’s hard compared to Elvira and find it to be a good compliment to it in my collection. AIQ makes me a better pinball player; you have to really use the playfield and they’re not gimme shots. Good variety between the two.

I agree they do compliment each other well. There's no doubt aiq is more a players pin but gets a bad wrap for lacking personality and being too hard. I personally disagree with both of those points that always come up. The rules really arnt that hard to learn once you take a bit of time to work it out. Its definitely a great game to own at home. Elvira for me is more a have a beer and play with a friend game, which is also great.

#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

What others said + Boney flippers

watch this video and paint those flippers playa.

took me 30 mins!

94192A02-EF28-49F2-9D65-EAE43EC63C85 (resized).jpeg94192A02-EF28-49F2-9D65-EAE43EC63C85 (resized).jpeg
#9636 2 years ago

I've been getting several messages asking about the out of stock status of my Elvira video trailers apron mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod

Unfortunately all of the usual suppliers of the screen I use for the mod are currently out of stock. I reached out to the manufacturer of the screen and they said due to Covid related parts shortages they probably won't be getting anymore manufactured until April 2022 at the earliest.

I'm currently ordering and testing some possible alternate screens to use. None of them have the exact same mounting dimensions, so a screen change would also require a redesign of the window plastic and the art around it. So bottom line is I still plan to make these as long as there is demand but it might be a little while until I have them in stock again.

#9637 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've been getting several messages asking about the out of stock status of my Elvira video trailers apron mod.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1120-docquest-pinball-mods/04964-elvira-house-of-horrors-apron-video-display-mod
Unfortunately all of the usual suppliers of the screen I use for the mod are currently out of stock. I reached out to the manufacturer of the screen and they said due to Covid related parts shortages they probably won't be getting anymore manufactured until April 2022 at the earliest.
I'm currently ordering and testing some possible alternate screens to use. None of them have the exact same mounting dimensions, so a screen change would also require a redesign of the window plastic and the art around it. So bottom line is I still plan to make these as long as there is demand but it might be a little while until I have them in stock again.

Love mine my man. I always get complements on my game for them.

#9639 2 years ago

I just read that article myself. I think that makes her even hotter LOL. She looks pretty darn good for 70 on my screen

#9640 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I just read that article myself. I think that makes her even hotter LOL. She looks pretty darn good for 70 on my screen

True, however, she's proof that modern makeup is like magic. She very much looks her age without a quarter inch of makeup.

#9641 2 years ago

True, however, she's proof that modern makeup is like magic. She very much looks her age without a quarter inch of makeup.

Beyond makeup, my guess is she's had some work done. Most 70 year old ladies are not going to look that good makeup or not.

#9642 2 years ago

I think it’s fine to appreciate all things Elvira, despite her age or the work she’s had done .

#9643 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Now we need one for the left side of Godzilla that plays the Showa era trailers.

#9644 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Now we need one for the left side of Godzilla that plays the Showa era trailers.

That would be very cool. Is there a list somewhere of which 10 films that the game uses clips from?

#9645 2 years ago

Just got a nib premium. So far plays great. The sound though is not clear. Very scratchy and raspy sounding from elvira voice and callouts. Is that normal?

#9646 2 years ago

It's my number one selling set... I have done about 80 orders for EHOH... It's crazy... This thread has quite a few pics of the regular sized and oversized installed.

#9647 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

The sound though is not clear. Very scratchy and raspy sounding from elvira voice and callouts. Is that normal?

No, not normal.

I think I would make sure the speaker wires or something are not loose, because my game has very good sound with the factory speakers.

The only issue my game had was all the garage shots did not register, and the game would do a ball search and then kick the ball back into play.

I traced the wires from that area, and I found a plug that was not fully connected, and after I snapped it into place this game has been awesome!

Overall I am very happy with Stern machines, but I do wish they had a little better quality control and test each game before it leaves the factory.

No way that loose plug I had was done in shipping, it snaps into place when fully plugged in.

#9648 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That would be very cool. Is there a list somewhere of which 10 films that the game uses clips from?

My best guess list is:

Mothra Va Godzilla
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro Monster
Ebirah Horror of the Deep
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla

Doc, put me down for the mod if you make it.

#9649 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It's my number one selling set... I have done about 80 orders for EHOH... It's crazy... This thread has quite a few pics of the regular sized and oversized installed.

I think I prefer the oversized version

Quoted from monte_:

Just got a nib premium. So far plays great. The sound though is not clear. Very scratchy and raspy sounding from elvira voice and callouts. Is that normal?

I’m guessing it was made quite sometime ago? I heard that the next run is until early next year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.