Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 362.
#9301 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Looking to install Pinstadium NEOS, any suggestions on best flasher to tap into?

The lighting on the game is spot on. I really don't think they are needed on this title.

#9302 2 years ago

I know this has been talked about quite a bit in the thread but wanted to see if anyone has answers to hand before I go searching. Yesterday my LE started registering constantly on the optos for the ramps. This is the first time it’s happened and it occurred when I moved the game back into position (after some rigorous nudging!).

Any tips on how to dial those optos back into position? Or could it even be node board connectors shunted loose?

Cheers guys.

#9303 2 years ago

Hi I am new to pinball and happy owner of an Elvira (a used one). I have a problem with a gate when I shoot the ball from the start from the plunger. The gate is closed behind the house, I can not make the back door skill shot. In the game, the gate works as it should, ie opens when I shoot the right orbit.gate (resized).jpggate (resized).jpg

#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

Hi I am new to pinball and happy owner of an Elvira (a used one). I have a problem with a gate when I shoot the ball from the start from the plunger. The gate is closed behind the house, I can not make the back door skill shot. In the game, the gate works as it should, ie opens when I shoot the right orbit.

Check your shooter lane switch. Go into switch edge test and test it with a ball. I had this same problem and it was just the switch was loose. Others had to adjust the blade a bit.

#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Check your shooter lane switch. Go into switch edge test and test it with a ball. I had this same problem and it was just the switch was loose. Others had to adjust the bale a bit.

Thanks for the tip. Yesterday I put down a shooter lane protector. Maybe that’s why. Will check it out when I’m back at home.

#9306 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

Thanks for the tip. Yesterday I put down a shooter lane protector. Maybe that’s why. Will check it out when I’m back at home.

That's your issue for sure. I had this when I added my shooter lane protector too.

#9307 2 years ago

Happy to report that as of yesterday I am a member of this club. First order of business was to remount the Crypt VUK according to the Stern pdf and that sucker works flawlessly now.

#9308 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Happy to report that as of yesterday I am a member of this club. First order of business was to remount the Crypt VUK according to the Stern pdf and that sucker works flawlessly now.

Welcome! Thats the only fix Ive had to do also.

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Man I need to do that

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I need to do that

Couldn't be easier. Took maybe 5 minutes. I didn't even use anything to measure. Just move it down and align the existing hole like the picture. It's unreal how much that slight tweak frees up that kickout.

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nice. Don’t forget to lay down some Mylar where the ball hits coming out of the VUK. Hitting the same place every time has a tendency to damage the playfield.

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What issue does this fix and where does one find this PDF?

#9313 2 years ago

It is a key post. The VUK needs to rocket across the playfield and hit the same target every time. This feature was added to the code after the game was released. Most of the games out of the box can’t do this so the fix is required. In order to get rid of a dead head you need to hit the lit target to the left with a carefully timed VUK shot. It can’t be done unless your VUK is working flawlessly.

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It is a key post. The VUK needs to rocket across the playfield and hit the same target every time. This feature was added to the code after the game was released. Most of the games out of the box can’t do this so the fix is required. In order to get rid of a dead head you need to hit the lit target to the left with a carefully timed VUK shot. It can’t be done unless your VUK is working flawlessly.

Were EHOHs that were made later in production given this fix already? I picked up mine used and noticed that I had an extra set of holes under the playfield and the VUK appears to be in the correct spot. I still had to use a Dremel to make the VUK post concave to get it to hit the targets regularly and it still does not consistently hit the same one.

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Were EHOHs that were made later in production given this fix already? I picked up mine used and noticed that I had an extra set of holes under the playfield and the VUK appears to be in the correct spot. I still had to use a Dremel to make the VUK post concave to get it to hit the targets regularly and it still does not consistently hit the same one.

Mine has a build date of June 11, 2020, and it only had the original mounting.

#9316 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Stern tried to fix the later ones but mostly failed at doing so. There is a lot of trial and error to get it correct and Stern didn’t devote much time to the fix (my opinion). If it is set up correctly there is no need to do the Dremel thing. My game was built day 1. I had to do the Stern fix and change the pitch of assembly by bending it slightly. Ever since then it has been rock solid.

#9317 2 years ago

Crazy! Was playing a game... and having a pretty good one too, and just when I got to Gappa Angry, the shaker motor started going crazy fast, the flippers got weak and the motor started smoking! It's supposed to be getting PWM'd 48V to a 12V motor, but apparently the PWM died and just applied full power to the motor. The FET is good on the node board, so I'm guessing the chip that drives the FET (or at least the I/O pin for it) died in the on position. Damn, over voltage motor smoke STINKS! Power cycled game, node board works fine, shaker motor will still run full speed if plugged in.

Anyone ever experience this?

Update:

Checked PWM signal and FET drive, all good. Removed source leg of FET so no path to ground, but motor still spun when plugged in. So... the motor was getting ground from somewhere and the only answer was:
A bad motor! Internal winding must have rubbed thru wire enamel and shorted to armature and grounded thru braid on cabinet. Begs for a fuse in line with the motor since this is a possible failure mode. If that would have happened while I was out of the room, a possible fire and a VERY unpleasant amount of nasty smelling smoke could have occurred.

20210717_171209 (resized).jpg20210717_171209 (resized).jpg20210717_194519 (resized).jpg20210717_194519 (resized).jpg

#9318 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Looking to install Pinstadium NEOS, any suggestions on best flasher to tap into?

The lighting on this game is coded so well to draw the player in and create an excellent mood. Pinstadiums are a waste of money at the best of times. Only good for those who stream imo.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Crazy! Was playing a game... and having a pretty good one too, and just when I got to Gappa Angry, the shaker motor started going crazy fast, the flippers got weak and the motor started smoking! It's supposed to be getting PWM'd 48V to a 12V motor, but apparently the PWM died and just applied full power to the motor. The FET is good on the node board, so I'm guessing the chip that drives the FET (or at least the I/O pin for it) died in the on position. Damn, over voltage motor smoke STINKS! Power cycled game, node board works fine, shaker motor will still run full speed if plugged in.
Anyone ever experience this?

That was a common issue on TWD. Board had to be replaced. Email Pablo.

#9320 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That was a common issue on TWD. Board had to be replaced. Email Pablo.

Thanks!

#9321 2 years ago

That's your issue for sure. I had this when I added my shooter lane protector too.

Yep the shooter lane protector was the problem. Thank you Pinsidemembers

#9322 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The lighting on this game is coded so well to draw the player in and create an excellent mood. Pinstadiums are a waste of money at the best of times. Only good for those who stream imo.

Exactly! Big waste of money buying them for Elvira. You would ruin the spooky mood and feel of the game. Plenty enough light on Elvira.

#9323 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Agreed, overkill for some games especially considering the price. But I like to play in the dark and eyes aren’t great so i find myself struggling to see center of the playfield. I’ve got them on my JP2 and DP and medium brightness and really improves my experience.

#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Agreed, overkill for some games especially considering the price. But I like to play in the dark and eyes aren’t great so i find myself struggling to see center of the playfield. I’ve got them on my JP2 and DP and medium brightness and really improves my experience.

Exactly, I play it in the dark and they are awesome for that, they also remove all glare. I don’t normally buy them because of the price but I disagree that they ruin the mood.

#9325 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Exactly, I play it in the dark and they are awesome for that, they also remove all glare. I don’t normally buy them because of the price but I disagree that they ruin the mood.

Everyone does have an opinion. Comes down to personal preference and luckily there’s options to make us all happy and in the end that’s all that matters.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

they also remove all glare.

Setting the lights in the head to dim or go off has the same effect for free!

#9327 2 years ago

Setting the lights in the head to dim or go off has the same effect for free!

I am aware of that , overhead lighting also causes glare

#9328 2 years ago

Have a Elvira Premium - working fine until tonight...stating getting this message - it's struggling with raising lowering cellar ramp - any ideas?

IMG_8920 (resized).jpegIMG_8920 (resized).jpeg
#9329 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Have a Elvira Premium - working fine until tonight...stating getting this message - it's struggling with raising lowering cellar ramp - any ideas?
[quoted image]

I had the same issue and for me it was a loose spring that attached to the arm that raises and lowers the ramp along with a ball stuck in the cellar.

#9330 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I had the same issue and for me it was a loose spring that attached to the arm that raises and lowers the ramp along with a ball stuck in the cellar.

Thanks. Will check it out

#9331 2 years ago

Excited to finally be in the club. What an incredible hame. I noticed the flasher in my dead head crypt isn’t working in test. Any tips appreciated!

#9332 2 years ago

Just got my wizard mods panels for a few games, highly recommend!!

20210720_082353 (resized).jpg20210720_082353 (resized).jpg20210720_082631 (resized).jpg20210720_082631 (resized).jpg
#9333 2 years ago

That looks really good. I think I am going to have to order it.

#9334 2 years ago

They make a couple of options, pretty sweet.

#9335 2 years ago

If anyone is going to Allentown and is interested in buying my apron video display mod or back door sign mod PM me and I can being them to Allentown to avoid shipping costs.

8b2766f2211fedd1b6b9403778507e7da9752787 (resized).jpg8b2766f2211fedd1b6b9403778507e7da9752787 (resized).jpgbackdoor1 (resized).jpgbackdoor1 (resized).jpg
#9336 2 years ago

It seems like over time my Elvira plunge has gotten less reliable. When I plunge, I get a little rattle right when the ball nears the pop bumpers and then continues along its way. It makes it hard to hit the skill shot based off of muscle memory and becomes more about luck and how much it bounces around....

Im gonna open it up to see if I can figure out what does it tonight. Anyone have any ideas? Would that be a guide rail adjustment or a shooter rod adjustment?
I dont think ive ever adjusted a guide rail, if thats a thing.

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

It seems like over time my Elvira plunge has gotten less reliable. When I plunge, I get a little rattle right when the ball nears the pop bumpers and then continues along its way. It makes it hard to hit the skill shot based off of muscle memory and becomes more about luck and how much it bounces around....
Im gonna open it up to see if I can figure out what does it tonight. Anyone have any ideas? Would that be a guide rail adjustment or a shooter rod adjustment?

A quick thing to check is the playfield alignment if you’ve had it up. You can move it just a little left or right after you lower it back down and that is sometimes enough to center things back up with the shooter rod.

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

A quick thing to check is the playfield alignment if you’ve had it up. You can move it just a little left or right after you lower it back down and that is sometimes enough to center things back up with the shooter rod.

Ah I might have missed that. Thanks!

#9339 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Mine was really clunky when I first got it. The ball started out straight past the metal forks in the shooter lane, but then it was slightly veering left as it ran across the metal "ramp" of the shooter lane before dropping into the orbit. So it was hitting the inner orbit ball guide to the left of the crypt and rattling, usually not making it to the pops. That metal shooter lane ramp is way too springy and has no support underneath it.

I took the right ramp off and removed the metal shooter lane ramp, and I put something under the left side of that metal ramp about half way up it in order to prop it up so it wouldn't tilt left and so it wasn't so springy. Now the auto launch fires it pretty reliably up the lane and I can manage my manual plunge by how I grip the plunger. There must be just a slight bit of wiggle in my manual plunger that still can make a bit of difference between a clean shot or rattling a little bit. I had to do the same thing on my AIQ to prop that metal shooter ramp up and correct a slight left lean that it had also.

#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I know that... I guess I should have been more specific. Is it complete from the players perspective? No obvious holes?

I love the game a ton but I've never achieved PHONE-A-FIEND, like ever, and there are 2-3 modes that you can only get via the SECRET KEY or something, that I never seem to get including one my favorite modes featuring SANTA CLAUS, which I've only seen 2-3 times in about a year+ of owning the game. I realize they wanna make these "secret modes" special but when they barely show up 1 or 2 times a year, why bother programming them all the way through? I think they should make these "secret modes" a little easier to attain. But again, I LOVE the game, so this ain't no complaining. Just stating my preference...

#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I play in the dark and think they really help. The "spooky" atmosphere and artwork are enhanced by the selectable colors and brightness, not ruined. Just my opinion though.

I hooked the GI lighting to one of the top lane lights and the flasher to the shaker motor. (I don't have a shaker motor installed) Seems to work well for me.

#9342 2 years ago

Hi Guys:

Just in case you missed it, I'm selling a NIB Elvira HOH Premium for $9,300 on the Pinside Marketplace.

#9343 2 years ago

Topper Double Bone-us! If you loosen the screws of the topper backboard to make a 1 inch gap as pictured, the shadows created look like Elvira coming out of the crypt, breasts first. A directional arrow is also provided in case you didn’t know where it goes.

I hung a Devil’s head Halloween decoration behind the machine and my intent was to illuminate it better by allowing some light through the back of the topper. The result was better than expected. A truly bizarre but cool coincidence.

The Devil’s head is still not illuminated well. Does anyone know a way to install a single flasher light I could run through the topper to light up the Devil’s head behind the machine? Thanks.

17735313-E76D-4FE6-826A-ECFBE828E6C9 (resized).jpeg17735313-E76D-4FE6-826A-ECFBE828E6C9 (resized).jpeg29D8655F-4A8A-4E76-A934-CA8FBCC65CFF (resized).jpeg29D8655F-4A8A-4E76-A934-CA8FBCC65CFF (resized).jpegF5A3CB57-CBFF-4C06-AF46-AFFCCEE0F26D (resized).jpegF5A3CB57-CBFF-4C06-AF46-AFFCCEE0F26D (resized).jpeg
#9344 2 years ago

Just bought Elvira LE 356 from a seller in Texas and need the game shipped to California. Besides STI, are there any other reputable freight transport companies that will do pickup, wrapping/packing and shipping on legs cross country? I have a quote from Michelle at STI, but wanted to see if there were any other options recommended. Can’t wait to add this beauty to the collection!

139FFD14-D9FA-4CDA-BBCE-805D6A7835FD (resized).jpeg139FFD14-D9FA-4CDA-BBCE-805D6A7835FD (resized).jpeg4973878F-E6B8-4F70-99E6-AB755C7773C2 (resized).jpeg4973878F-E6B8-4F70-99E6-AB755C7773C2 (resized).jpegD2FBD335-3111-43E4-86E1-D9F8034ADC1A (resized).jpegD2FBD335-3111-43E4-86E1-D9F8034ADC1A (resized).jpeg
#9345 2 years ago

I’ve owned EHOH for a week, but I spent the first few days tweaking and dialing it in. Didn’t get a chance to play much this week. But tonight? Tonight is the night I dug in and learned the rule set and fell in love.

#9346 2 years ago

Been having a issue where my left ramp keeps registering constantly. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it.

#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Been having a issue where my left ramp keeps registering constantly. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it.

Check the switch and make sure it’s not closed. I had a couple gargoyle switches that were too close together and touching. I just widened them and no problems since.

#9348 2 years ago

Added trough lightening and love it.

006F3343-7D90-4E86-90AB-C85F1B2B5F37 (resized).jpeg006F3343-7D90-4E86-90AB-C85F1B2B5F37 (resized).jpeg
#9349 2 years ago

I’ve had my EHoH for almost a month now. I’ve been loving it but it has been kicking my butt pretty consistently. Had my best game by far today even though I totally biffed Gappa Angry and Director’s Cut. I finished all of They Came From Space with 4x running for most of it. Feels really good to have a breakthrough game.

EDE99D20-BFD2-42D8-834D-B86BE9F435CD (resized).jpegEDE99D20-BFD2-42D8-834D-B86BE9F435CD (resized).jpeg
#9350 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve owned EHOH for a week, but I spent the first few days tweaking and dialing it in. Didn’t get a chance to play much this week. But tonight? Tonight is the night I dug in and learned the rule set and fell in love.

Always hard to beat a Lyman ruleset.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/187?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.