IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 363.
#9251 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Camper, here is mine........
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can I ask where you got the tombstones and the trees for your Elvira HOH?

#9252 2 years ago

Ya I think the house ramp opto is switch 54. Seems like mine is not aligning correctly so you may want to check that on yours as well.

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Ya I think the house ramp opto is switch 54. Seems like mine is not aligning correctly so you may want to check that on yours as well.

House ramp is switch 43, there is no alignment to that one as it is keyed. I know because mine was bad, would not register anything until I got the replacement.

#9254 2 years ago

Has anyone heard when in 2022 the next run will be? I know they shorted the last run so I figured it would be February or March.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Can I ask where you got the tombstones and the trees for your Elvira HOH?

All from ebay.

Search for:
LEMAX tombstones, Halloween Spookytown

And

Tree model Winter (painted them black)

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

All from ebay.
Search for:
LEMAX tombstones, Halloween Spookytown
And
Tree model Winter (painted them black)

They carry that Lemax stuff at Michael’s. Being July, they probably have Halloween stuff out already. If not, they definitely will by August, and you can find all that stuff in the stores.

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They carry that Lemax stuff at Michael’s. Being July, they probably have Halloween stuff out already. If not, they definitely will by August, and you can find all that stuff in the stores.

and a lot of the times with a 20-40% off the marked prices.

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

not there just yet, but SOON (my wife's a halloweenaholic, we literally checked today)

#9259 2 years ago

Got the Cliffy’s installed today.

6B473FF5-8230-4F24-84DF-A7832FD57816 (resized).jpeg6B473FF5-8230-4F24-84DF-A7832FD57816 (resized).jpeg9E413316-84F1-4610-B077-F05B7DB62A6A (resized).jpeg9E413316-84F1-4610-B077-F05B7DB62A6A (resized).jpegAF2F665C-8E18-4AA4-9B23-2734A9A43DF2 (resized).jpegAF2F665C-8E18-4AA4-9B23-2734A9A43DF2 (resized).jpegBD7603E2-6EBB-4BA0-8D09-E903A33E162B (resized).jpegBD7603E2-6EBB-4BA0-8D09-E903A33E162B (resized).jpeg
#9260 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyGavin:

My May 12th built machine so far hasn't shown any issues. Haven't played too much yet mind you. Just extremely happy to finally get it and have been taking in it's beauty. I purchased a statue instead of the topper. I'm not leaving it up there until i figure out a mounting system I can trust, and probably add some lighting to it. Just for pics to see how it looks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that statue your using as a topper, where did you get it?

#9261 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Got the Cliffy’s installed today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got 2 for my garage lock did you install the second after the picture?!

#9262 2 years ago

Just had this custom button surround made by pinsider rimmeym This one was made out of a red marble looking material. He can make them out of all sorts of materials, and make any design I could come up with. What do you all think?

PXL_20210711_190210061.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210711_190210061.MP (resized).jpg
#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I got 2 for my garage lock did you install the second after the picture?!

The other one goes in the cellar under the house ramp.

#9264 2 years ago

Oh dam I messed up I wonder if I can even remove that now I got 1 on the front of the garage i think I seen an Le for sale with one 2 on there and just did the same thing like a moron

#9265 2 years ago

Wait I should be able to swap that out no sticky material on those just the lane switches i think. Glad I seen your post thanks!

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Wait I should be able to swap that out no sticky material on those just the lane switches i think. Glad I seen your post thanks!

The hard part is just getting to the cellar entrance to install it.

#9267 2 years ago

Added a set of the #Docquest video screens to Elvira today. Simply brilliant work. Fit finish and install were spot on. Well done and they look amazing thanks.

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I love that statue your using as a topper, where did you get it?

Thanks! It ain't cheap, but it is quite less than a Stern topper...although not interactive of course. You can still find it many places, even Amazon. "Limited to 2500" means there are plenty lol.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/elvira-1-4-scale-masterpiece-statue

search Grand Jester Studios Elvira statue to shop around. The link above is the best price i've seen. I've purchased from them before. No issues.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyGavin:

Thanks! It ain't cheap, but it is quite less than a Stern topper...although not interactive of course. You can still find it many places, even Amazon. "Limited to 2500" means there are plenty lol.
https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/elvira-1-4-scale-masterpiece-statue
search Grand Jester Studios Elvira statue to shop around. The link above is the best price i've seen. I've purchased from them before. No issues.

I can confirm this is a good price. I don’t like the statue that much but it sure is tempting ..

#9270 2 years ago

Has anyone tested the topper connections to figure out how it’s working? I’m curious if a custom mod could interface with it. Not sure how Stern toppers work

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has anyone tested the topper connections to figure out how it’s working? I’m curious if a custom mod could interface with it. Not sure how Stern toppers work

I believe most of the newer toppers have their own node board.

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I believe most of the newer toppers have their own node board.

Makes sense - I liked the Gomez video about why they went to that node board design. That said, there must be some signal going to the node board to tell it what to do - that’s more what I was asking about.

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Makes sense - I liked the Gomez video about why they went to that node board design. That said, there must be some signal going to the node board to tell it what to do - that’s more what I was asking about.

I am with you that it would be cool to know more about how it all works. It may make sense to get a separate topic going on with regards to topper functionality.

As far as looking at the signals, does the MPU even send commands without the presence of the topper node?

#9274 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am with you that it would be cool to know more about how it all works. It may make sense to get a separate topic going on with regards to topper functionality.
As far as looking at the signals, does the MPU even send commands without the presence of the topper node?

Probably a good first question for that new thread!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9275 2 years ago

Finally joined the club.

DBF3F3C0-F9D7-467C-9418-5715B5BAAB09 (resized).jpegDBF3F3C0-F9D7-467C-9418-5715B5BAAB09 (resized).jpeg
#9276 2 years ago

That might be the last new Elvira House of Horrors pin seen in 2021.

#9277 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2d86717d7ab2234be797e3ca72a926c01ac6cf09-1626190009-1800"};
//]]>

I just hope they don’t go to deep into 2022 for the next run.

#9278 2 years ago

Mine still in transit, takes a long time to get to New Zealand!

#9279 2 years ago

I have the money together finally but will just have to wait.

#9280 2 years ago

I will be getting this pin next year for its 2021 run, name is already on the list. I have enjoyed playing this game onsite. I played one at a local dealer and one of the plates in front of the gargoyle pop ups broke off when I was playing the machine. How have your pins held up? Any issues I should be aware of?

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

I will be getting this pin next year for its 2021 run, name is already on the list. I have enjoyed playing this game onsite. I played one at a local dealer and one of the plates in front of the gargoyle pop ups broke off when I was playing the machine. How have your pins held up? Any issues I should be aware of?

You can read through this thread about the issues some have had. I must have gotten lucky with whoever assembled mine because I have not had a problem since I pulled it out of the box. May 14, 2021 build.

#9282 2 years ago

What’s the chatter on the next run? no late summer/fall run?
I guess I’m lucky I got my machine birthdate 5/15 delivered 5/30.
My good friend ordered one the day after helping me set up mine.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

What’s the chatter on the next run? no late summer/fall run?
I guess I’m lucky I got my machine birthdate 5/15 delivered 5/30.

Q1 2022 is next run from what I've heard.

#9284 2 years ago

I'm already on that 2022 build list as well!

#9285 2 years ago

I’ve had Elvira for about 3 weeks now. It’s so weird to me that so many people seem to think this game is easy. For whatever reason, it’s the toughest game in my collection to me(JP2, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, JJP GnR.) I think the shots feel smooth but it is deadly with ricochets if you miss. It’s a drain monster to me. Wayyy tougher than my others in that sense. I’m just having a hell of a time getting control of the ball and stopping it from bouncing all over all the time. It’s just interesting that I find JP2 much easier and less drain-ey for example. I can’t slow the gameplay down and get control even with a low 6.6 pitch. Just fascinating.

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

JP2, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, JJP GnR.

Looking at your pins, how well would you say Deadpool, Iron Maiden, & Elvira compliment each other? I'm looking to grab all 3.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Looking at your pins, how well would you say Deadpool, Iron Maiden, & Elvira compliment each other? I'm looking to grab all 3.

Iron Maiden is my favorite. I love the code of Elvira, but the game just crushes me. Deadpool is hilarious and fun.

#9288 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

They compliment each other well bc they are different from each other. I’m just finding Elvira frustrating as hell…which is weird.

#9289 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

They compliment each other well bc they are different from each other. I’m just finding Elvira frustrating as hell…which is weird.

That's awesome to hear. Thanks man!

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

hahaha, this is me... it has been easy for me since I bought it, then, I recently meet up with some pinballers and bragged about how easy the game was and it has been a nightmare ever since, if I get a game of 100M I am lucky and I was getting 600m to 1B easy the previous week...

SORCERY!!!

#9292 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

hahaha, this is me... it has been easy for me since I bought it, then, I recently meet up with some pinballers and bragged about how easy the game was and it has been a nightmare ever since, if I get a game of 100M I am lucky and I was getting 600m to 1B easy the previous week...
SORCERY!!!

Maybe that’s it! Sorcery, haha! Yeah, I think that’s what frustrates me. Knowing “it’s supposed to be easy” makes me feel like a scrub. I’ve got to Gappa a bunch of times(haven’t beat it yet though), I almost always get to House party, I’ve got Director’s cut once, and my high scores are between 500-900 million so far(3 weeks.) but it just feels sooooooo drain-ey! I just can’t slow this game down and get control! It’s probably just me and something about Elvira that kicks my butt.

#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’ve had Elvira for about 3 weeks now. It’s so weird to me that so many people seem to think this game is easy. For whatever reason, it’s the toughest game in my collection to me(JP2, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, JJP GnR.) I think the shots feel smooth but it is deadly with ricochets if you miss. It’s a drain monster to me. Wayyy tougher than my others in that sense. I’m just having a hell of a time getting control of the ball and stopping it from bouncing all over all the time. It’s just interesting that I find JP2 much easier and less drain-ey for example. I can’t slow the gameplay down and get control even with a low 6.6 pitch. Just fascinating.

The game is really easy to shot if you have no plan. You can rip ramps and orbits, along with shots to the house and the garage. It becomes a brick fest when you have a plan to stack haunts, multiballs and deadheads.

#9294 2 years ago

Elvira HoH for me is already the best game in my collection.
And I like it like it is, but I still think and hope we will see one more update:
Have you seen the options in the game menu for the Eegah Mode?

#9295 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

The game is really easy to shot if you have no plan. You can rip ramps and orbits, along with shots to the house and the garage. It becomes a brick fest when you have a plan to stack haunts, multiballs and deadheads.

I like what you said here because that’s what I was thinking the other day playing the game.If try & strategize I start draining. If I go with the flow the ball times add up and I stumble into the modes & multiballs randomly. FYI I’m not a tournament player and I’ve scored 1.4 billion on this game and I just bought it only 4 weeks ago nib. Makes me think as well I’m the type of player that kinda discovers the game rules as I play but probably with the newer complicated games coming out that probably isn’t gonna work like it did with 90’s BWs games.just thinking out loud

#9297 2 years ago

after fighting with an issue with an opto for the last few weeks, i have finally figured it out and thought i'd post in case someone else has the same problem.
the problem: opto 1, 3, and 4 would test working on the house turret but not opto #2.
the fix, the connector that plugs into node board 9 was wired wrong from factory, looking at the pic from top to bottom should have been:
8 BLK-BLU
7 EMPTY
6 LGN-VIO
5 LGN-BLU
4 LGN-YEL
3 LGN-ORG
2 EMPTY
1 RED

i could only imagine what a newbie with no electronics experience would have done in this case.

IMG_8342 (resized).JPGIMG_8342 (resized).JPG
#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

after fighting with an issue with an opto for the last few weeks, i have finally figured it out and thought i'd post in case someone else has the same problem.
the problem: opto 1, 3, and 4 would test working on the house turret but not opto #2.
the fix, the connector that plugs into node board 9 was wired wrong from factory, looking at the pic from top to bottom should have been:
8 BLK-BLU
7 EMPTY
6 LGN-VIO
5 LGN-BLU
4 LGN-YEL
3 LGN-ORG
2 EMPTY
1 RED
i could only imagine what a newbie with no electronics experience would have done in this case.
[quoted image]

And I thought only us LE owners were beta testers. I guess I was wrong.

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

8 BLK-BLU
7 EMPTY
6 LGN-VIO
5 LGN-BLU
4 LGN-YEL
3 LGN-ORG
2 EMPTY
1 RED
[quoted image]

That must have felt pretty damn rewarding to figure out. Nice one!

#9300 2 years ago

Looking to install Pinstadium NEOS, any suggestions on best flasher to tap into?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/186?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.