IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 362.
#9151 2 years ago

Center Ramp Inside House Reject Issue,

advise please.

My EHOH is at a friend’s who took delivery for me due to my current health issues.
And I’m unable to travel.

It’s being reported that shots going up the center ramp into the house come back out down the ramp,
and they think the ball is “hitting a switch” incorrectly, which is out of whack inside the house.

Does this make any sense?

I’m trying to get more specific details from them.

Advise appreciated for now.

Thanks!

BobC

#9152 2 years ago

does anyone else’s playfield lights flicker left to right? doesn’t seem right. start the game and dont shoot the ball

#9153 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Center Ramp Inside House Reject Issue,
advise please.
My EHOH is at a friend’s who took delivery for me due to my current health issues.
And I’m unable to travel.
It’s being reported that shots going up the center ramp into the house come back out down the ramp,
and they think the ball is “hitting a switch” incorrectly, which is out of whack inside the house.
Does this make any sense?
I’m trying to get more specific details from them.
Advise appreciated for now.
Thanks!
BobC

Sorry to hear about your health and machine issues. Hope both can get cleared up for you soon. The balls rolling back down the ramp at the start of a haunt seems to be a standard issue. Here's how the ball hold for the start of a haunt works:
1) Haunt is qualified (3 shots through the house or backdoor skill shot) and the diverter (metal plate) behind the house lifts to allow the ball to go into the subway behind the backboard.
2) With a haunt qualified, a shot through the house is supposed to go into the subway and stay there, held in from going out the other side of the subway by a post. After video clips play the haunt starts with the post raising up to release the ball into the pops. There is an opto inside the subway just in front of the post to tell the machine there's a ball waiting there. The only mechs in the subway are that opto and the post that keeps the ball from going immediately out the exit and into the pops.

The shot through the house seems to come back down the ramp for a couple possible reasons:
1) The ball catches a bit of air off the ramp into the house and doesn't make it into the subway entrance.
2) The ball goes into the subway entrance but hits hard off the back wall of the subway or hard off the post in the subway and bounces back out the subway entrance.
3) The shot is a bit weak and doesn't make it to the subway

A change in pitch may help #1 (ball catching air off the house entrance ramp). #2 (bouncing back out of the subway) is definitely helped by adding some padding to the inside of the subway where the ball first hits the subway wall after going through the house. Scorpius showed adding velcro in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/175#post-6325790

Taking the subway off to put the velcro/padding in isn't too bad. It's all done behind the backboard. You need to:
1) Remove the coil and post that goes into the subway from behind the backboard. First unplug the coil (I recommend using a sharpie to mark each side of the connectors so you remember which plugs go back together).
2) Remove the opto bracket from around the subway (First unplug the opto cables).
3) Remove the subway, add the velcro (2 or 3 layers for enough cushion) inside the entrance as in Scorpius post, then screw the subway back in.
4) Replace the opto bracket and plug it in. After you screw the bracket in a bit turn the game on and go into switch test mode. Use switch test to confirm you have the opto aligned properly and then screw it in tight while holding it aligned properly. If you don't use switch test to guide you on this it's can be very difficult to get the opto lined up correctly.
5) Replace the coil + post and plug them back in.

I did this on my machine and it reduced the amount of balls rolling back out a lot. It's not going to be 100% because some shots just won't be able to be held, but the ones that should be held are now being held. Hope this helps. Good luck.

#9154 2 years ago

What’s the code status with Elvira? Is it complete?

#9155 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Only one that knows for sure is Lyman.

#9156 2 years ago

Cool! I will forward this to my friend and will figure out when this fix might happen.

My mood is much better now!

Quoted from EaglePin:

Sorry to hear about your health and machine issues. Hope both can get cleared up for you soon. The balls rolling back down the ramp at the start of a haunt seems to be a standard issue. Here's how the ball hold for the start of a haunt works:
1) Haunt is qualified (3 shots through the house or backdoor skill shot) and the diverter (metal plate) behind the house lifts to allow the ball to go into the subway behind the backboard.
2) With a haunt qualified, a shot through the house is supposed to go into the subway and stay there, held in from going out the other side of the subway by a post. After video clips play the haunt starts with the post raising up to release the ball into the pops. There is an opto inside the subway just in front of the post to tell the machine there's a ball waiting there. The only mechs in the subway are that opto and the post that keeps the ball from going immediately out the exit and into the pops.
The shot through the house seems to come back down the ramp for a couple possible reasons:
1) The ball catches a bit of air off the ramp into the house and doesn't make it into the subway entrance.
2) The ball goes into the subway entrance but hits hard off the back wall of the subway or hard off the post in the subway and bounces back out the subway entrance.
3) The shot is a bit weak and doesn't make it to the subway
A change in pitch may help #1 (ball catching air off the house entrance ramp). #2 (bouncing back out of the subway) is definitely helped by adding some padding to the inside of the subway where the ball first hits the subway wall after going through the house. Scorpius showed adding velcro in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/175#post-6325790
Taking the subway off to put the velcro/padding in isn't too bad. It's all done behind the backboard. You need to:
1) Remove the coil and post that goes into the subway from behind the backboard. First unplug the coil (I recommend using a sharpie to mark each side of the connectors so you remember which plugs go back together).
2) Remove the opto bracket from around the subway (First unplug the opto cables).
3) Remove the subway, add the velcro (2 or 3 layers for enough cushion) inside the entrance as in Scorpius post, then screw the subway back in.
4) Replace the opto bracket and plug it in. After you screw the bracket in a bit turn the game on and go into switch test mode. Use switch test to confirm you have the opto aligned properly and then screw it in tight while holding it aligned properly. If you don't use switch test to guide you on this it's can be very difficult to get the opto lined up correctly.
5) Replace the coil + post and plug them back in.
I did this on my machine and it reduced the amount of balls rolling back out a lot. It's not going to be 100% because some shots just won't be able to be held, but the ones that should be held are now being held. Hope this helps. Good luck.

#9157 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Any Stern game that reaches 1.0 code version is considered 'complete'. There may be bug fixes and additional polish added by the programmer, but no guarantee that will happen either.

Rob

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Any Stern game that reaches 1.0 code version is considered 'complete'. There may be bug fixes and additional polish added by the programmer, but no guarantee that will happen either.

Rob

I know that... I guess I should have been more specific. Is it complete from the players perspective? No obvious holes?

#9159 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I personally think so but Lyman is a perfectionist (that's why we love him) so I suspect in his mind he has stuff he still wants to do; I think that's true for all of the games he works on.

Neil.

#9160 2 years ago

On the @TheRealElvira twitter account she just boosted this:
An artist is fundraising to paint a massive Elvira mural in her hometown
https://www.gofundme.com/f/elvira-mural-in-csprings

#9161 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't think the Phone a Friend mode is completed yet, at least that light does not light up in the drop targets. Read a rules set that said it wasn't complete but that was for code 1.00 and mine is 1.01

#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I don't think the Phone a Friend mode is completed yet, at least that light does not light up in the drop targets. Read a rules set that said it wasn't complete but that was for code 1.00 and mine is 1.01

Phone-A-FIEND is coded. It will light once you have played two trunk multiballs. Lock two more balls to start Phone-A-Fiend Phone-A-Thon multiball.

#9163 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Phone-A-FIEND is coded. It will light once you have played two trunk multiballs. Lock two more balls to start Phone-A-Fiend Phone-A-Thon multiball.

Cool I have only had the game for a month, and had a problem with the house ramp opto, just got the parts from Stern last Friday and soldered in over the weekend. Been rough trying to get any good games going since that house ramp wouldn't register a jackpot,close a mode, extra ball. Huge difference now but only got a few hours in.

#9164 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

. Cool. I have only had the game for a month, and had a problem with the house ramp opto, just got the parts from Stern last Friday and soldered in over the weekend. Been rough trying to get any good games going since that house ramp wouldn't register a jackpot,close a mode, extra ball. Huge difference now but only got a few hours on it so far. I would say pretty complete code. n

#9165 2 years ago

I bet we get another big update. It's Lyman after all!

#9166 2 years ago

I sure hope the other movies on the back glass get used.

#9167 2 years ago

#9168 2 years ago

Yikes, I forgot to post that my NIB Elvira arrived (two weeks ago).
elvira1 (resized).pngelvira1 (resized).pngehoh2 (resized).pngehoh2 (resized).png

#9169 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I personally think so but Lyman is a perfectionist (that's why we love him) so I suspect in his mind he has stuff he still wants to do; I think that's true for all of the games he works on.
Neil.

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I bet we get another big update. It's Lyman after all!

I would take that bet. Love this game but my speculation is the code is done.

#9170 2 years ago

What does the rotating house turret mean?

#9171 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

What does the rotating house turret mean?

I know during house party when the green eyeball is in front , it will add-a-ball once you shoot the house. The rest I do not know.

#9172 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know during house party when the green eyeball is in front , it will add-a-ball once you shoot the house. The rest I do not know.

Ok cool I did not know that.

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

In settings, you can now choose if it rotates on start and/or on garage ball lock. Also, during Attic Attack multiball, each side of the turret represents a super jackpot. To collect each super, the window facing you has to be lit.

#9174 2 years ago

With the Mandalorian getting a co-op / team mode do you think stern will implement that feature in other / older games? Seems like it could be a pretty easy copy paste feature.

#9175 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

With the Mandalorian getting a co-op / team mode do you think stern will implement that feature in other / older games?

I would be excited if this happens

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

With the Mandalorian getting a co-op / team mode do you think stern will implement that feature in other / older games? Seems like it could be a pretty easy copy paste feature.

In a recent interview with George Gomez (I don't know which podcast it was. I think it was JAPP.), he suggested that there would be updates to multiple games in September. I believe the question was referencing co-op/alternate modes. Naturally, he wasn't specific about the games or the modes.

#9177 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

In a recent interview with George Gomez (I don't know which podcast it was. I think it was JAPP.), he suggested that there would be updates to multiple games in September. I believe the question was referencing co-op/alternate modes. Naturally, he was specific about the games or the modes.

I think there will be updates for games to support the online connectivity that Stern is working on.

Rob

#9178 2 years ago

Opinions please.. I’ve got a Prem coming within the next 6 weeks and I’ve got both mirror blades and art blades, of which I’m not sure what I’ll use on the machine. I get it’s ‘each to their own’ but is there a general consensus of what actually looks better on this particular game?

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I know that... I guess I should have been more specific. Is it complete from the players perspective? No obvious holes?

Well, from my perspective I would still like to see a few things fixed/tweaked. No major issues I know of in the game though.

Rob

#9180 2 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Opinions please.. I’ve got a Prem coming within the next 6 weeks and I’ve got both mirror blades and art blades, of which I’m not sure what I’ll use on the machine. I get it’s ‘each to their own’ but is there a general consensus of what actually looks better on this particular game?

I have an LE so it came with art blades already installed. So I'd say go with art blades

Rob

#9181 2 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

We like art blades. We are slowly changing over all our mirrored games over to art blades.

#9182 2 years ago

Cheers, good to know. Perhaps I’ll keep the mirrored for something else. Ta

#9183 2 years ago

Ugh. Thought I was in a different thread.

#9184 2 years ago
Quoted from larkin90:

Art blades look good in this game. Usually the only thing I add to a game is a pingulp beverage holder !

But I added the factory art blades on this game.

#9185 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Art blades look good in this game. Usually the only thing I add to a game is a pingulp beverage holder !
But I added the factory art blades on this game.

I hope to add something to mine soon while patiently waiting for EHOH to arrive off the line. Its been to long.

#9186 2 years ago

Good time to buy ,pingraffix is having a 25% off sale!

#9187 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Good time to buy ,pingraffix is having a 25% off sale!

Is there a code for the discount? All I see is the regular price if I put in cart and go to checkout. Thanks!

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Is there a code for the discount? All I see is the regular price if I put in cart and go to checkout. Thanks!

Screenshot_20210702-083228_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210702-083228_Outlook (resized).jpg
#9189 2 years ago

Not seeing any Pingraffix blades for EHoH. Am I missing something?

#9190 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

I think TILT graphics has a set.

#9191 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

They don't seem to have EHoH. I was looking at a set for another game.

Thanks Hayfarmer for posting the code.

#9192 2 years ago

Completely unimportant question but I'm just curious. I've noticed occasionally my final score will end in "5" instead of "0". I'm on free play at home so it's not a big deal not getting a match at the end of a game but just wondering if anyone knows where the "5" comes from in scoring?

#9193 2 years ago

For those of you looking to get artblades don’t forget that Pingraffix is currently designing a set of powerbladez for EHoH. I don’t know how soon they will come out but I am saving my money for those.

#9194 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

For those of you looking to get artblades don’t forget that Pingraffix is currently designing a set of powerbladez for EHoH. I don’t know how soon they will come out but I am saving my money for those.

Becareful with those, my DI LE powerbladez stopped working because the EL converter kicked the bucket. Pingraffix has basically said good luck... they don't have anymore more converters. I can't find them anywhere. So, the powerbladez are now just thick art blades.

I asked for some help on a facegroup group and one responder said both of his bladez sets died, too. Couldnt get support for them.

I will say, communication with Pingraffix has been below average.

#9195 2 years ago

Right ramp switch: is the switch that shows you hit the right ramp the rollover switch on the inlane? I don't see a switch or opto on my right ramp

#9196 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Becareful with those, my DI LE powerbladez stopped working because the EL converter kicked the bucket. Pingraffix has basically said good luck... they don't have anymore more converters. I can't find them anywhere. So, the powerbladez are now just thick art blades.
I asked for some help on a facegroup group and one responder said both of his bladez sets died, too. Couldnt get support for them.
I will say, communication with Pingraffix has been below average.

Yea, I had a bad experience as well - he sent me a set of power blades with mismatched finishes - one side was glossy, the other matte. I returned the blades and it was 4 months of back and forth before I got a refund.

Then I sent the inverter back on my own dime after he forgot to send me a label. He was so appreciative and he offered to give me a normal set of blades for free. I immediately picked a set and guess what - I never received them.

All that said - would I buy a set of power blades for a game if I really liked them? Heck yea - because I’m a pinball mod sluuut!

#9197 2 years ago

It is an opto switch located near the back right corner of the crypt.

Quoted from beefzap:

Right ramp switch: is the switch that shows you hit the right ramp the rollover switch on the inlane? I don't see a switch or opto on my right ramp

20210702_193540 (resized).jpg20210702_193540 (resized).jpg

#9198 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Would I buy a set of power blades for a game if I really liked them? Heck yeah !

I have PowerBladez on my AFM and really like them. My EHoH LE came with Stern artblades that I like. Would I buy Pingraffix PowerBladez for EHoH and put them on over the factory art? Probably not. I suspect that they will have flashing bolts of lightning in the artwork, but if so, I do not expect it to be integrated to flash with the game code. (But probably would them buy if they were integrated well.)

#9199 2 years ago

Thanks very much for posting this! We saved a fair bit of coin.

#9200 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have PowerBladez on my AFM and really like them. My EHoH LE came with Stern artblades that I like. Would I buy Pingraffix PowerBladez for EHoH and put them on over the factory art? Probably not. I suspect that they will have flashing bolts of lightning in the artwork, but if so, I do not expect it to be integrated to flash with the game code. (But probably would them buy if they were integrated.)

Yea - same boat. I wouldn’t install over my LE blades. But the rumor is that they are getting close to making a new set for GnR. Because you know - $10.5k for a JJP doesn’t get you any side art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/184?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.