IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 363.
#9051 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

SpeakerLightKits.com

Thanks, the traditional are sold out just the 5.25 ring lights avail. Strange, nobody seems to have stock

#9052 2 years ago
Quoted from Scorpius:

Added a small piece of the soft side of velcro to the subway. Ball sticks 100% now.
[quoted image]

How do you get a post stickied ? Just my opinion, but this post helped me with a year long problem. No more house ramp rejects.

#9053 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks, the traditional are sold out just the 5.25 ring lights avail. Strange, nobody seems to have stock

Are the big ones (12’s?) that encompass the entire speaker area on Spike 2’s sold out as well?

#9054 2 years ago

I remember seeing some posts about a trailer mod somebody had made that they put back by the pop bumpers. Does anyone remember who made that? Also, who makes the mini lcd apron mod?

#9055 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Cointaker’s speaker lights are nice also. I installed them on Elvira and Stranger Things.

#9056 2 years ago

I just recd my Elvira HOHs this week. I have 2 questions for you guys who have had their machines for a while. First, when I start up my machine & after it boots up and the Elvira logo with the purple background , I get the pixel bar across the screen(see photo). Does anyone else get this? Code is updated. Second question is the plastic ramp on the left side below the trunk looks cracked or at the least has a very unclean cut. Does everyone else’s look like this? Thanks in advance for your responses.

1769FCD9-2A89-4FD1-93BF-AADC47D2E175 (resized).jpeg1769FCD9-2A89-4FD1-93BF-AADC47D2E175 (resized).jpeg78B4EC78-09D4-4DC3-AE69-C2B8886DD73C (resized).jpeg78B4EC78-09D4-4DC3-AE69-C2B8886DD73C (resized).jpeg

#9057 2 years ago

I never noticed till you pointed it out.

25BDBE3F-CC5B-46DC-9992-2604A8231A55 (resized).jpeg25BDBE3F-CC5B-46DC-9992-2604A8231A55 (resized).jpeg
#9058 2 years ago

IIRC all the ramps are like that.

#9059 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I just recd my Elvira HOHs this week. I have 2 questions for you guys who have had their machines for a while. First, when I start up my machine & after it boots up and the Elvira logo with the purple background , I get the pixel bar across the screen(see photo). Does anyone else get this? Code is updated. Second question is the plastic ramp on the left side below the trunk looks cracked or at the least has a very unclean cut. Does everyone else’s look like this? Thanks in advance for your responses.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Our ramp looks like it has been chewed by a dog too!

#9060 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are the big ones (12’s?) that encompass the entire speaker area on Spike 2’s sold out as well?

Yes. The metal shop I use are having issues getting the steel they need. I am currently out of stock on the type 11 and type 12 SPIKE 2 kits as well as my 5.25" SPIKE 2 speaker plates (commonly used with the type 13 kits).

The ETA is....I mean was, 4-23-21 or so I was told when I placed my order. I have since been told the metal is in stock and cut for the type 11 and 12 light frames, but they had not been formed yet. Believe me....I want them back in stock more than anyone else.

Your patience and business is appreciated,

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#9061 2 years ago

I got my game a few weeks ago and noticed that one of the lights (Phase 3) on the playfield is ghosting (slightly on when all other lights are off). See picture.

Is this normal? Also if not, how would I fix the issue?

Thanks
Ed

5D1B4995-6A9E-4783-B7A8-9561E8BE8AA1 (resized).jpeg5D1B4995-6A9E-4783-B7A8-9561E8BE8AA1 (resized).jpegD4469135-AF05-4935-AC1B-C0FC4C203143 (resized).jpegD4469135-AF05-4935-AC1B-C0FC4C203143 (resized).jpeg
#9062 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes. The metal shop I use are having issues getting the steel they need. I am currently out of stock on the type 11 and type 12 SPIKE 2 kits as well as my 5.25" SPIKE 2 speaker plates (commonly used with the type 13 kits).
The ETA is....I mean was, 4-23-21 or so I was told when I placed my order. I have since been told the metal is in stock and cut for the type 11 and 12 light frames, but they had not been formed yet. Believe me....I want them back in stock more than anyone else.

Thanks for the update! Please let us know when they are back in stock.

#9063 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Also, who makes the mini lcd apron mod?

Guilty as charged.

#9064 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our ramp looks like it has been chewed by a dog too!

Same here.

#9065 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Highly recommend his kits. Well worth the wait he's having to experience.

#9066 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

Can confirm my screen and ramp are like yours.

#9067 2 years ago

So what does Super Head Shot do besides lighting an extra ball (I think)?

Rob

#9068 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

How do you get a post stickied ? Just my opinion, but this post helped me with a year long problem. No more house ramp rejects.

For the record, I turned the power down a bit for the flippers on my game. I never had rejects, but thought the shots were a bit too fast into the house.

I do have a problem with fast left orbit shots bouncing into the back door when they shouldn't. Maybe some day I will get around to looking into that.

I've not played any pinball in a long time and my games have now been collecting dust. I've just been feeling rather unenthusiastic about it all.

Rob

#9069 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I never noticed till you pointed it out.
[quoted image]

Not going to look because that will bug the crap out of me.

#9070 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

That pixel bar has been since the code updated I believe we all get that, as for the ramp yes it's cut in the shape but not all cuts are smooth as some others are. You can use some wet sand paper very fine grit and just smooth the edge a bit if it bothers you.

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Someone with moderator rights on Pinside needs to mark it as a key post.

#9072 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So what does Super Head Shot do besides lighting an extra ball (I think)?
Rob

It's one of the things you have to do in order to sell the house (Wild Market Value):

Quoted from SKWilson:

Added WILD MARKET VALUE rule:
- Start in the CELLAR after performing the following tasks:
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball.
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
- Shoot WILD MARKET VALUE target for hurry-up value and sell the
house.
- The MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE is built up over the course of the
game by hitting the WILD MARKET VALUE standup target. The value of
the target is 100K * the number of tasks completed; this value is
added to the MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE each time the target is hit.

#9073 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I got my game a few weeks ago and noticed that one of the lights (Phase 3) on the playfield is ghosting (slightly on when all other lights are off). See picture.
Is this normal? Also if not, how would I fix the issue?
Thanks
Ed

I'd try reseating cables first but you're likely going to have to ask Stern for a new LED or board, not sure which this is. They sent me a new board for my TMNT that had q similar symptom.

#9074 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Guilty as charged.

Ok. Now how about Elvira’s trailer... anyone, anyone?...

#9075 2 years ago

Does anyone else get a lot of SDTM drains when the ball exits the pop bumpers in front of the house? My game is pretty close to dialed in now but that happens way too often still. Anyone have ideas on a modification or fix?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone else get a lot of SDTM drains when the ball exits the pop bumpers in front of the house? My game is pretty close to dialed in now but that happens way too often still. Anyone have ideas on a modification or fix?

Mine does this occasionally, and it sure is annoying, but no different than the TZ pops of death!

#9077 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If you’re talking about the Bony Beast Big Rig, that won’t be out until October. The manufacturer didn’t get parts in time last year so they delayed it untilHalloween 2021

#9078 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Change out the rubber to 1 1/4" per the post below. It helps immensely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/173#post-6322292

#9079 2 years ago

Does the right ramp need to be removed to change out that rubber? I looked at mine and it seems like the only way to get the existing rubber off and replace. pretty tight in there. Hopefully I’m mistaken(pain in the butt!)

#9080 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Does the right ramp need to be removed to change out that rubber? I looked at mine and it seems like the only way to get the existing rubber off and replace. pretty tight in there. Hopefully I’m mistaken(pain in the butt!)

You can do it without removing the ramp but it’s tight. I’m still getting some sdtm drains but not as frequent.

#9081 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not sure if you’re talking about mine or not , I 3d printed it and covered with vinyl cut with my cameo

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/163#post-6273753

#9082 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

When ever the ball goes into the pops I wait for it to touch the rubber(as it exists the pops)and give it a nudge and send it to the left and away from SDTM….give it a try it might help.

#9083 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

When ever the ball goes into the pops I wait for it to touch the rubber(as it exists the pops)and give it a nudge and send it to the left and away from SDTM….give it a try it might help.

Yeah, game is new for me and I found myself doing that nudge too. In fact I’m nudging all the time on this game! I know it’s considered kind of an easy shooter but so far I’ve found it to be pretty drainy compared to Maiden, JP2, etc. I don’t like to alter the game too much to make it easier. Ideally I try to play better! Is there an ideal pitch for EHoH? I’m at 6.8 degrees. Still trying to dial in my right ramp and orbit shots. I’ve been bricking those a bit and get SDTM or outlane drains all the time when I miss.

#9084 2 years ago

Received and installed my speaker panel from wizardmod.com (see pic below). Color match (purple and black for LE) is very good and it fit perfectly, with all openings (speakers, display, screw holes for numbered plaque) lining up nicely. It came rolled up in a tube, so I do recommend letting it flatten out before installing it. (Red and black for EHoH premium is also available.)
speaker panel (resized).jpgspeaker panel (resized).jpg

#9085 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Yeah, game is new for me and I found myself doing that nudge too. In fact I’m nudging all the time on this game! I know it’s considered kind of an easy shooter but so far I’ve found it to be pretty drainy compared to Maiden, JP2, etc. I don’t like to alter the game too much to make it easier. Ideally I try to play better! Is there an ideal pitch for EHoH? I’m at 6.8 degrees. Still trying to dial in my right ramp and orbit shots. I’ve been bricking those a bit and get SDTM or outlane drains all the time when I miss.

I've ended up near your pitch also. I started at 6.5 and kept raising until I was happy with it. I'm at 6.9 with flipper power at 255 on the left and 241 on the right. All targets and shots got pretty well dialed in for me there with most of the floaty play of a lower pitch gone.

#9086 2 years ago

Shipping says Elvira is arriving on Monday. To bad I am busy and won't be able to get at it until Wednesday.

#9087 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’m also at 6.8 at my flippers and I’m able to hit all shots no problem. I do get a rejection from time to time from the mode start(behind the house)but that’s usually before the coils warm up.

#9088 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Received and installed my speaker panel from wizardmod.com (see pic below). Color match (purple and black for LE) is very good and it fit perfectly, with all openings (speakers, display, screw holes for numbered plaque) lining up nicely. It came rolled up in a tube, so I do recommend letting it flatten out before installing it. (Red and black for EHoH premium is also available.)
[quoted image]

How long did it take to receive it?

#9089 2 years ago

I’ve noticed that during a haunt if the right orbit shot is lit, and let’s say I lock a ball during the haunt. It gives me a new ball to plunge, but on a soft plunge it’s registering that orbit shot off the plunge(not from me hitting it.) Seems like that shouldn’t happen. Any thoughts? Thx!

#9090 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m also at 6.8 at my flippers and I’m able to hit all shots no problem. I do get a rejection from time to time from the mode start(behind the house)but that’s usually before the coils warm up.

is it a coil firing that’s keeping it inside the house? I thought the only coils were 1)to lift the diverter on a haunt start to send the ball in to the subway and 2)the coil that lifts the post to allow the ball to exit the subway into the pops area? Mine dribbles out of the front ramp often. Is there a coil/mech that keeps the ball inside the house that is supposed to prevent the ball from falling out the front? I did the Velcro in the subway thing but it only helps a little.

#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

is it a coil firing that’s keeping it inside the house? I thought the only coils were 1)to lift the diverter on a haunt start to send the ball in to the subway and 2)the coil that lifts the post to allow the ball to exit the subway into the pops area? Mine dribbles out of the front ramp often. Is there a coil/mech that keeps the ball inside the house that is supposed to prevent the ball from falling out the front? I did the Velcro in the subway thing but it only helps a little.

Just one post that’s up until the mode starts and it drops(coil holds it down for a second)to let the ball in the pops. I think on a clean shot the ball just hits that post so hard it sometimes bounces back out the front door.

#9092 2 years ago

The house issue is like any other ramp, sometimes u make it all the way sometimes u dont. There is no way to fix this.
What is unfortunate is that the optos trigger the mode too soon when the ball has a chance to roll back and it gives the impression of the house not working correctly.

There is nothing wrong with anything I think, it was just a crappy shot that did not make it but it started a mode.

Some plays I get zero rejects some plays I get 1-2 sometimes more… i dont think there is a issue here, it is the way it is

#9093 2 years ago

high score of the day! the come from space is a lot of fun... great run overall but wasted Gappa Angry badly, otherwise would have been better, nonetheless, I think I completed the game? Only wizard mode left is Director's cut I think, did not get that one.

64633353787__E38143FC-2886-4B50-AC8F-058E7E52B0F4 (resized).jpeg64633353787__E38143FC-2886-4B50-AC8F-058E7E52B0F4 (resized).jpeg
#9095 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The house issue is like any other ramp, sometimes u make it all the way sometimes u dont. There is no way to fix this.
What is unfortunate is that the optos trigger the mode too soon when the ball has a chance to roll back and it gives the impression of the house not working correctly.
There is nothing wrong with anything I think, it was just a crappy shot that did not make it but it started a mode.
Some plays I get zero rejects some plays I get 1-2 sometimes more… i dont think there is a issue here, it is the way it is

Totally agree. Sometimes I don’t have enough power behind the ball and it makes it up enough to activate a mode, but not enough to go all the way in and then rolls back out.

#9096 2 years ago

Just picked up a premium today. What an incredible game. Wasn't sure about this title at release but wow what a great shooter with amazing code. Going to be a fun weekend.

#9097 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just picked up a premium today. What an incredible game. Wasn't sure about this title at release but wow what a great shooter with amazing code. Going to be a fun weekend.

Super smooth shooting game. To me, it feels like a mash up of MM/AFM but with a cool Elvira twist. One of Stern’s best in recent years.

#9098 2 years ago

The combination of layout, toys, and coding is a winner here!

#9099 2 years ago

Agreed.. omg this is my first week with her and its really hitting some very very high marks. Instant classic with eye and ear candy to the max. IMO nothing beats experiencing this game first hand. Pictures and video just cant capture its presence. My first games melted my face like that guy send of Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!

Im definitely going to have to do something with the VUK shooting to the outlane though. Is this going to mean a slight hood bend or maybe just a little heftier power setting? And yeah that shot up into the house just rockets. Pitch @7

#9100 2 years ago

There is a fix for inconsistent VUK shots (search this thread) and a software ball save

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/182?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.