20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 360.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Does anyone else have this on the bottom of their playfield(Display Game)? Or does anyone know exactly what it means?
[quoted image]

They used a playfield from a display game? Given all the issues being reported with this latest run, nothing woukd surprise me at this point.

#9002 2 years ago

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Pay $8500 for a game and they slap a new build day sticker on the back and ship it out. Wow!! The playfield is in perfect condition though. I examined it thoroughly.

#9003 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi Everyone, new EHoH Premium owner here. Happy to finally be in the club! Mine is NIB and is having two issues right away. Randomly the game is awarding massive jackpots even with the ball cradled, doing nothing. It makes the same sound effect like a swoosh, and shows two zombie arms toasting martinis or something on the screen with each jackpot. Massive jackpots with that animation over and over like in a feedback loop. I’ve updated the code again just to see if it was a bad install from the factory. But the problem still is happening. Maybe some opto repeat triggering related to whatever mode/jackpot that is? Also getting some auto launches randomly with the ball in the shooter lane when the jackpot thing starts happening. Any insight on this and/or what mode or switch is related to that animation with the zombie arms would be greatly appreciated.
Also having an issue with the house not keeping the ball to start a haunt sometimes. It will dribble down the front entrance and not be held inside during the Elvira video for the haunt. I read something here about velcro as a fix in the back of the subway or something? Also read something about a post binding back there form other people in the forum?
Thx for the help, folks!
[quoted image]

I had both same issues...mine was the the opto on the right ramp....the one right next to the crypt needed alignment...I had to take the house off and attached a small pad for bottom of chair legs in the subway to keep it from bouncing back out...games works perfectly now

#9004 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, new EHoH Premium owner here. Happy to finally be in the club! Mine is NIB and is having two issues right away. Randomly the game is awarding massive jackpots even with the ball cradled, doing nothing. It makes the same sound effect like a swoosh, and shows two zombie arms toasting martinis or something on the screen with each jackpot. Massive jackpots with that animation over and over like in a feedback loop. I’ve updated the code again just to see if it was a bad install from the factory. But the problem still is happening. Maybe some opto repeat triggering related to whatever mode/jackpot that is? Also getting some auto launches randomly with the ball in the shooter lane when the jackpot thing starts happening. Any insight on this and/or what mode or switch is related to that animation with the zombie arms would be greatly appreciated.

Myself and others on this thread had the same problem with “Unhappy Hour” mode starting and awarding crazy points for no reason. On my machine the problem was the right ramp opto. See my post #3572 for more info and potential remedy of your problem.

#9005 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Thx for the help, folks!
[quoted image]

Myself and others on this thread had the same issue with “UnHappy Hour” mode starting and racking up big points for no reason. On my machine the right ramp opto was causing the problem. See my post number 3572 for more details and potential fix for your EHOH

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from diamondfate9:

I had both same issues...mine was the the opto on the right ramp....the one right next to the crypt needed alignment...I had to take the house off and attached a small pad for bottom of chair legs in the subway to keep it from bouncing back out...games works perfectly now

What kind of pad did you install? Would a piece of velcro work? I have the same problem. About half the time the ball enters the house triggering a new mode, the ball comes back out of the house straight back down the front ramp where it entered.

#9007 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What kind of pad did you install? Would a piece of velcro work? I have the same problem. About half the time the ball enters the house triggering a new mode, the ball comes back out of the house straight back down the front ramp where it entered.

Sounds like the vecro on the back trick might help you w.that..
Besides this is your game finally getting up to speed?

Man i am freeking out! My vendor called and holy freekin A ..my deposit finally found its way to a machine! I can hardly believe it.. a month earlier than expected no less! Should arrive this week... very much hoping for few issues out of the box but given what people have been seeing here with the may builds my hopes on that arent high.

But issues or not.. I waited all my life for this arrival. The months of waiting and not knowing was absolutely brutal ..my heart goes out to anyone that remains in the dark about their deposit/machine. This was quite a sacrifice..but i know itll be worth it..and Im going to fight like hell to keep her!!

#9008 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Man i am freeking out! My vendor called and holy freekin A ..my deposit finally found its way to a machine! I can hardly believe it

Great news! I wouldn't worry to much. Many of us have had no or only minor issues.

#9009 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Great news! I wouldn't worry to much. Many of us have had no or only minor issues.

Thank you! I appreciate the warm welcome and words of encouragement bigtime. Its a little scary! Im in it for the long haul. Doing a ton of deep dive research on the whole thread just in case. Fingers crossed! Sitting here w.a box o mods just in a state of abject relief that I dont have to sell off! Lol

#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Its a little scary!

There's a great club here to help if you have any issues.

#9011 2 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Myself and others on this thread had the same issue with “UnHappy Hour” mode starting and racking up big points for no reason. On my machine the right ramp opto was causing the problem. See my post number 3572 for more details and potential fix for your EHOH

Thx so much to all of you for your advice and insight! My distributor told me to do a switch test and bang on the playfield a bit to see if the ramp optos were triggering. They did not in switch test and performed perfectly. Then I play a few games and sure enough, unhappy hour jackpots like friggin crazy. Is it possible this is something wrong in the code/software? I’ll check out post #3572 in the meantime. The ramp optos seem fine in switch test. So I’m not sure how to diagnose. Seems software related but what do I know, lol. Thx to all of you for your help!

#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Checked out your post #3572. So, how did you make the hole bigger? Dremel tool or something? I feel a little skittish about drilling holes in my ramps. But seems like a fix Stern should have addressed.

#9013 2 years ago

I had to do the same fix on mine. Once I drilled the hole a little bigger, never had the problem again.

#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Checked out your post #3572. So, how did you make the hole bigger? Dremel tool or something? I feel a little skittish about drilling holes in my ramps. But seems like a fix Stern should have addressed.

I made the holes larger with a standard drill bit on a cordless drill. You just need to be cautious with regard to speed and pressure on the drill while making sure that you have a FIRM hold of the ramp. It really is easy to do once the ramp is off the machine.

#9015 2 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

I made the holes larger with a standard drill bit on a cordless drill. You just need to be cautious with regard to speed and pressure on the drill while making sure that you have a FIRM hold of the ramp. It really is easy to do once the ramp is off the machine.

Thx Again for the info and advice! I’m assuming it isn’t terribly hard to remove the ramp(Although I don’t know if it’s left or right ramp, or both)? Does anyone think it’s weird that this ramp opto problem doesn’t happen in switch test at all? It only happens in gameplay here and there. But apparently others have had the issue and this is the solve, I’m assuming? Thx for the help!

#9016 2 years ago

Apron playfield protectors arrived yesterday and put on today. Glad I got them. They look nice also.

414D1E56-2FD2-4508-B13F-C03E7EC0D911 (resized).jpeg414D1E56-2FD2-4508-B13F-C03E7EC0D911 (resized).jpegEE6B9D92-F1A2-4DC0-A80C-79322A710C4D (resized).jpegEE6B9D92-F1A2-4DC0-A80C-79322A710C4D (resized).jpeg
#9017 2 years ago

Yup. Got em on all my sterns with metal aprons. Good cheap add on

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. Got em on all my sterns with metal aprons. Good cheap add on

Definitely worth the price.

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Apron playfield protectors arrived yesterday and put on today. Glad I got them. They look nice also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

when I bought my first NIB I went all in and filled it with this type of protectors, even bought the PF protector...

to each its own but I ended up preferring using mylar in strategic places, inconspicuous and perfectly cut (I take my time) . I cut them to size and install them in about the same time it take to install anything else... It performs the same and it cost $1.00 tops.

I also do my shooter lanes like this, ... no more $100 cliffies for me or any type of protector. Cliff is a great guy and I like the products he makes, I used them before...

I am not a cheap guy either, I mean I like to take care of my pins, I just do not see the need for these things anymore. Mylar get the job done, can't see when it is down, it is easy to replace when needed and it saves me money too...

I had no idea these were made, but I will stick to mylar.

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

when I bought my first NIB I went all in and filled it with this type of protectors, even bought the PF protector...
to each its own but I ended up preferring using mylar in strategic places, inconspicuous and perfectly cut (I take my time) . I cut them to size and install them in about the same time it take to install anything else... It performs the same and it cost $1.00 tops.
I also do my shooter lanes like this, ... no more $100 cliffies for me or any type of protector. Cliff is a great guy and I like the products he makes, I used them before...
I am not a cheap guy either, I mean I like to take care of my pins, I just do not see the need for these things anymore. Mylar get the job done, can't see when it is down, it is easy to replace when needed and it saves me money too...
I had no idea these were made, but I will stick to mylar.

Mylar is extremely useful for playfields and I use it often in high-traffic areas. But for shooter lanes and around scoops and other places that take a beating, nothing bulletproofs like a Cliffy. Also, for pins that already have wear in those spots, Cliffys serve to protect and cover any eyesores. Mylar is great around pop bumpers too. The pre-cut rings are awesome.

#9021 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Mylar is extremely useful for playfields and I use it often in high-traffic areas. But for shooter lanes and around scoops and other places that take a beating, nothing bulletproofs like a Cliffy. Also, for pins that already have wear in those spots, Cliffys serve to protect and cover any eyesores. Mylar is great around pop bumpers too. The pre-cut rings are awesome.

Thanks (and to Ottawaflip) for the practical tips. Im working at building a little arsenal to protect the playfield..for the mylar areas I picked up some Mothers wax to lay it down on. Havent decided how best to hit the shooter lane though. Was considering the protector here

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector?_pos=8&_sid=a55525b8a&_ss=r&variant=18133347532897

..or maybe the mylar treatment is enough..?

#9022 2 years ago

Just installed that shooter lane protector last night. Works great. It also helped correct the ball’s path going up so it no longer bangs against the left side guide and flows smoothly up to the house now.

#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Just installed that shooter lane protector last night. Works great. It also helped correct the ball’s path going up so it no longer bangs against the left side guide and flows smoothly up to the house now.

Sweet! Thanks.. you sold me on it

#9024 2 years ago

Im having a tech over in about 20 minutes to help with any residual Elvira issues. My house now holds the ball on entry and mode start up about 2/3's of the time. The rest of the time it goes in and comes straight back down the ramp where it enters while activating the mode.

Is the fix for thos putting velcro or something back there? If so, where specifically does it go?

#9025 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Im having a tech over in about 20 minutes to help with any residual Elvira issues. My house now holds the ball on entry and mode start up about 2/3's of the time. The rest of the time it goes in and comes straight back down the ramp where it enters while activating the mode.
Is the fix for thos putting velcro or something back there? If so, where specifically does it go?

Mine just got unboxed 2 days ago and I have exactly the same issue where the ball dribbles out 1/3 of the time. I was planning on the velcro fix as well. Seems like that’s the issue? Or maybe is it a post binding and not going up/down or something?

#9026 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So glad they are finally getting this sorted for your game. My own arrives tomorrow! Curious to see if ill be dealing with these sorts of issues also. The velco fix that Ive seen in this thread involves putting a square at the exact spot that the ball makes its impact to basically deaden the hit. Thing is Im not sure if its the same entry youre talking about : its applied to the inside black plastic subway piece (and as far as I know theres only one of those).

Good luck tomorrow!

#9027 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So, I’ve tried the Velcro thing and it didn’t hold the ball in the house. Then tried a chair leg glider(fuzzy, sticky circle thing. Thicker than Velcro) and it wouldn’t even register as hitting the shot, nor would it hold the ball. Kind of out of ideas here. Nothing seems to hold the ball in the house to start a haunt consistently. Any other thoughts?

#9028 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

So, I’ve tried the Velcro thing and it didn’t hold the ball in the house. Then tried a chair leg glider(fuzzy, sticky circle thing. Thicker than Velcro) and it wouldn’t even register as hitting the shot, nor would it hold the ball. Kind of out of ideas here. Nothing seems to hold the ball in the house to start a haunt consistently. Any other thoughts?

The chair leg sliders are too thick and created other problems in addition to not stopping/holding the ball. Took off the subway for a 3rd time and tried doubling up the somewhat thin Velcro(fuzzy side). The slightly thicker doubled up version is definitely better but doesn’t work 100%. Still getting some rejects when the diverter is up/house open to start a haunt. Not sure what the problem is. Is deadening the ball the only factor in this issue or is there something I’m missing about how this mech works? Thx for any suggestions

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Im having a tech over in about 20 minutes to help with any residual Elvira issues

How did it go? Are you at 100% now?

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

The chair leg sliders are too thick and created other problems in addition to not stopping/holding the ball. Took off the subway for a 3rd time and tried doubling up the somewhat thin Velcro(fuzzy side). The slightly thicker doubled up version is definitely better but doesn’t work 100%. Still getting some rejects when the diverter is up/house open to start a haunt. Not sure what the problem is. Is deadening the ball the only factor in this issue or is there something I’m missing about how this mech works? Thx for any suggestions

Apologies for bombing the thread with my house subway Velcro issue. Just an update which may also be helpful for others with the same issue out of the box. It seems to be working reliably now after adding a 3rd layer of fuzzy side Velcro. The Velcro that I got was from Home Depot and kind of thin. Those chair leg sliders were way too thick, and one layer of Velcro is not thick enough. For me three layers seems to be the right amount to deaden the ball and hold it. I’m guessing it’s a bit of experimentation finding how thick it needs to be to be just the right amount. The only unfortunate thing is having to disassemble the Opto, solenoid, and subway each time and then reassemble. Anyway, seems to be working now and hopefully continues to work going forward. Thx for all the input!

#9031 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

How did it go? Are you at 100% now?

I only played it 3x after he worked on it but I'd say the house is up to 80-90% holding the ball on entry. Not 100% but at this point, I'll take that and can probably add a bit more velcro if it starts getting worse again.

My left lower left ramp was also jutting up too high because of the of the post on the right. The trunk had also come a bit loose. I told the tech about it before he came and he fortunately had a few posts with him a bit shorter. We experimented and one worked perfectly. Ramp now even and the trunk now 100% as well.

It took longer to work on these issues than we both anticipated but the game is playing much better now. I got to Gappa Angry and scored 375 million on the 2nd game after the fixes so hopefully I have a fully functioning EHOH now (orcat least close.

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I only played it 3x after he worked on it but I'd say the house is up to 80-90% holding the ball on entry. Not 100% but at this point, I'll take that and can probably add a bit more velcro if it starts getting worse again.
My left lower left ramp was also jutting up too high because of the of the post on the right. The trunk had also come a bit loose but not sure if it was related to the ramp issue. I told the tech about it before he came and he fortunately had a few posts with him a bit shorter. We experimented and one worked perfectly. Ramp now even and the trunk now 100% as well.
It took longer to work on these issues than we both anticipated but the game is playing much better now. I got to Gappa Angry and scored 375 million on the 2nd game after the fixes so hopefully I have a fully functioning EHOH now (orcat least close.

Heck yeah! Finally just about there!

@BeeGee6533
Thank u for the updates on what worked..this is very good to know!

#9033 2 years ago

Got word the other day my mid June order has turned into a Feb 22 order

#9034 2 years ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

Man im so sorry. For the entirety of my wait I was convinced that was going to happen to my late July quote. I never want to be on an uncertain waitlist again. It was an aweful experience.

However ..just as I was told, situations change.. Stern can easily end up putting back HoH on the line yet this year to make up for these vendor shorts. Better.. if youre listening Stern ---> Halloween builds for these deposits that got pushed would be the right thing to do. With a nice big OCT 31 date stamp on em

#9035 2 years ago

The Wife and I played EHOH at a brewery on vacation this weekend. Second game in she said "I want one".

We are on the list for the 2022 run

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

I've heard that from my distributor. Next run would be 2022 sometime.

#9037 2 years ago

Yeah it sucks but I'm in Australia so the shipping situation doesn't help either - Put my deposit down in March

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I got to Gappa Angry and scored 375 million on the 2nd game after the fixes so hopefully I have a fully functioning EHOH now (orcat least close.

That's great news!

#9039 2 years ago

Why have blue or black when you can make glow in the dark ramp bumpers!

FFA46E8C-8456-4623-BAC3-09318747D9A5 (resized).jpegFFA46E8C-8456-4623-BAC3-09318747D9A5 (resized).jpeg

B6236795-B659-413F-9140-BEF0ABCC74C2 (resized).jpegB6236795-B659-413F-9140-BEF0ABCC74C2 (resized).jpeg

#9040 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well had to pull the gargoyle off again and dremel some more to widen it gap. The lid after activating a few times comes forward. Hopefully this will be the last time.

SIMPLE TOOPER FIX

For any topper owners that have the issue of the topper not staying up, the predrilled screw holes are misaligned such that it binds the mechanism. The fix is too simple that does not involve dremels. Only use the two screws on the left of the topper. It’s not going anywhere with two screws holding it in place.

#9041 2 years ago

May 12 build here along with many others - no house reject issues that others have seen, but both of the gargoyles near the house fell off in less than 20 plays. I guess their glue bottle was empty towards the end of the day.

I used the clear JB Weld on one and traditional JB Weld on the other. I’ll report back if either comes off again.

#9042 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

SIMPLE TOOPER FIX
For any topper owners that have the issue of the topper not staying up, the predrilled screw holes are misaligned such that it binds the mechanism. The fix is too simple that does not involve dremels. Only use the two screws on the left of the topper. It’s not going anywhere with two screws holding it in place.

But that will cause the lid to come forward on the right side and still hit the gargoyle base. Mine was hitting the front slot. Dremel is a sure fix. Was for me and didn’t take much time. Just took me time to finally figure out that was the problem.

I would pull the lid back and tighten the nuts and it would fix it but after two screams the lid moved forward again and was rubbing against the gargoyle base. Since I dremeled it working 100%.

#9043 2 years ago
Quoted from batman66SLE:

SIMPLE TOOPER FIX

Left 2 screws of what? The gargoyle cover or the base? The left 2 screws of the gargoyle cover would be the ones pulling the slot down tight onto the shaft area. Wouldn’t it be the cover right side screws?
I ask because I noticed when the cover isn’t firmly attached it works, soon as it’s all tightened up it flips up and then back down immediately. I was debating loosely attaching the right gargoyle cover or enlarge the top part of the a slot.

#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Left 2 screws of what? The gargoyle cover or the base? The left 2 screws of the gargoyle cover would be the ones pulling the slot down tight onto the shaft area. Wouldn’t it be the cover right side screws?
I ask because I noticed when the cover isn’t firmly attached it works, soon as it’s all tightened up it flips up and then back down immediately. I was debating loosely attaching the right gargoyle cover or enlarge the top part of the a slot.

I was referring to the base screws. My expert pinball technician, Gavin, gets all the credit. He figured it out. As such, I don’t know which two screws he left out. I am proposing this simple fix as an alternative to getting the dremmel out. It worked for my topper.

#9045 2 years ago

Excited to finally join the club and looking to add speaker lights but they seem sold out most places. Any suggestions appreciated!

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Excited to finally join the club and looking to add speaker lights but they seem sold out most places. Any suggestions appreciated!

SpeakerLightKits.com

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Why have blue or black when you can make glow in the dark ramp bumpers!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oooo, those look fantastic! is there a kit to buy those bumpers anywhere? Where did you get them?

Thanks!

#9048 2 years ago

I put a deposit down yesterday on the 2022 run. Can't wait! This will be my first pinball. Wife is excited too!

#9049 2 years ago

Been a few back and forths, but was asked for the address yesterday. All signs are looking good at the moment!

#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Oooo, those look fantastic! is there a kit to buy those bumpers anywhere? Where did you get them?
Thanks!

Thank you! I had to make them, but it's not too hard.

You can get the glow in the dark kit by ordering Kim K's set here:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5742

Then you need to order 3 of the square glow bumpers here:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=159

Use the existing bumpers as a guide. One cut with a razor blade to trim it down and then 2 holes. I used a large dremel engraving bit to make the initial holes, then a 1/4 drill bit to enlarge the hole a bit. It's ok if the new holes are smaller as they will stretch over the mount studs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/181?hl=marklard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.