20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 360.
#851 4 years ago

Okay... So ignore my stupid post above. I'm being stupid...

But, just want to say... Wow, this is only .87 code still...

Look at how they're fixing and adding so much right now and its still only .87.

They do need to add a match, and I do hope its Elvira saying unpleasant dreams and waving goodbye and then the camera zooms out and you get the house shot with its numbers. That is how it should be... And I hope it will be... I'm fine with waiting for that though. But, I mean... Wow... This game keeps growing and growing. can't wait to try the new haunt.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Checking in on how many Premium guys have heard about shipping yet. Nothing here yet, anxiously awaiting

Still waiting...I think the Stern Army locations were getting priority shipment before everyone else. Hopefully the rest of us will get ours soon.

#853 4 years ago

Elvira Premium In Stock at Flip N Out Pinball.

[email protected]

#854 4 years ago

Elvira Limited Edition now playing at The Pinball Palace. Brunswick Ga

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Checking in on how many Premium guys have heard about shipping yet. Nothing here yet, anxiously awaiting

I was told “hoping for Thursday (today)“, but no word since...

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

TRUNK MULTIBALL is no longer allowed to be started during GARAGE
MULTIBALL, and vice versa.
I'm not happy about that change.
I don't think you should be able to stack trunk with garage. But, I do think you should be able to stack garage with trunk.

I only got both going at once once and thought it was pretty cool. But I actually thought it was an error so .87 will work the way I would have expected.

A lot more is clearly coming before we see 1.00 level code. It’s fun to see the progression as we go along, though I can see how that would be frustrating as an operator.

#857 4 years ago

I’ve been getting a over current error on node board 9 intermittently at boot up which I think indicates a short in an LED or coil controlled by the node. Unfortunately when it happens it seems to clear before I can get to node board test to see what the game thinks is the problem.

Anyone seen this on a Spike 2 game before? Any suggestions for debugging it? Would you worry about this if it only happens infrequently?

#858 4 years ago

Looking forward to shaker motor activity and house turret spinning, but it's already very fun! Love the updates, great game!

#859 4 years ago

I’m digging the subtle changes / polish to trunk MB. Good stuff

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

TRUNK MULTIBALL is no longer allowed to be started during GARAGE
MULTIBALL, and vice versa.

Why? That was a fun one to stack...

#861 4 years ago

Video with new code coming later, but for now...

1. I was iffy about not being able to stack the multiballs, but thinking about it now, I like it. With the new JitT rules, it will be easier to follow which jackpot(s) you're shooting at. It just makes more sense to me now.
2. The new call-outs for the Back Door are f!@#ing awesome!
3. The music and lighting for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians are brilliant. (Started this haunt twice in the same game, but failed to progress.) There are at least two intros for this haunt.
4. Adding player sounds/call-outs/speech: great!
5. High score sounds added: great!
6. Glad to see extra balls fixed.
7. Did I mention how awesome the call-outs for the Back Door are?

The code is progressing nicely.
Happy Thanksgiving!

#862 4 years ago

Since the update I am seeing a lot of issues with the trunk. It is now possible for the trunk to stay open and ultimately collect two balls which do not stack nicely. It then triggers a ball search which only starts firing those kickers after the 4th search. Anyone else seeing this issue?

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you get it working?

Yeah I did actually. I went into test mode and cycled the three phases then rebooted it and now it is fine. Seems like a code issue occurred.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I second this comment. Impossible on a level game. Even tried with the glass off putting there by hand.

This is weird, mine is totally possible out of the box and I am positive the game is level. It is a hard shot, but I hit is about once per game.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

2. The new call-outs for the Back Door are f!@#ing awesome!
7. Did I mention how awesome the call-outs for the Back Door are?

Going back to a previous topic ... how the f!@# do you make the Back Door shot to hear the f!@#ing awesome call-outs?

#866 4 years ago

New game play video is up.

#867 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

These update videos are great! Thanks for posting them.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'll watch it as soon as I'm back to home! Thanks.

#869 4 years ago

I'm having issues installing. Says insert USB. The files extract weird to the usb. Anyone else having issues?

#870 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm having issues installing. Says insert USB. The files extract weird to the usb. Anyone else having issues?

have you tried extracting to your PC 1st, then copy them onto the stick?

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yep I get game code starting up message, then I get an insert USB message. So something is wrong.

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quoted from Sethman:

^^^^^^This!

Here's what I do and I've had no trouble. *fingers crossed*
1. Download file to PC.
2. Extract ZIP file to a folder (named Pinball Code)
3. Delete old files from USB stick.
4. Copy new unzipped code files to USB stick.
5. Insert in to machine and turn on.

#873 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

^^^^^^This!
Here's what I do and I've had no trouble. *fingers crossed*
1. Download file to PC.
2. Extract ZIP file to a folder (named Pinball Code)
3. Delete old files from USB stick.
4. Copy new unzipped code files to USB stick.
5. Insert in to machine and turn on.

Yep and not working. I'm curious if you have an LE, SE or premium. I'm thinking o trying the SE code on my LE.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yep and not working. I'm curious if you have an LE, SE or premium. I'm thinking o trying the SE code on my LE.

FYI - it's the same code. If you look at the download links, you are downloading the same exact file. Stern lists the game versions individually, so you know you are getting the correct version for your game. But usually the only different version is Pro versus Premium/LE.

To verify what I'm saying, just download the file from both the LE and the SE links, and you will see they are the same file - both name and size.

#875 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Have you used this USB stick before successfully in modern Stern? They are not all the same. I have had problems before with off brand USB sticks. A 16gb Kingston works for me every time (4 bucks on Amazon).

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have an LE, but the code is the same.

1. Have you tried both USB ports?
2. Have you tried reformatting the flash drive (FAT32)?
3. Have you tried a different flash drive?
4. Also what Mad_Dog_Coin_Op said above?

I'm thinking there is something wrong with your flash drive since the game is recognizing it's there, but is not seeing the code since it is telling you to insert the drive.

I know others were having problems updating with the last Ghostbusters update. I think some tried several flash drives before it worked.

If all else fails, give Stern a call and see what they say. Just try everything you can first.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

These update videos are great! Thanks for posting them.

Thank you so much for saying that! It means a lot!

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going back to a previous topic ... how the f!@# do you make the Back Door shot to hear the f!@#ing awesome call-outs?

It's not easy by any means. I only make it about 1 in every 10 plunges. (Just an estimate. ) It has to be hard enough to get past the gate on the back right of the house, but slow enough that it doesn't go all the way around. Just got to find that happy medium.

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have an LE, but the code is the same.
1. Have you tried both USB ports?
2. Have you tried reformatting the flash drive (FAT32)?
3. Have you tried a different flash drive?
4. Also what mad_dog_coin_op said above?
I'm thinking there is something wrong with your flash drive since the game is recognizing it's there, but is not seeing the code since it is telling you to insert the drive.
I know others were having problems updating with the last Ghostbusters update. I think some tried several flash drives before it worked.
If all else fails, give Stern a call and see what they say. Just try everything you can first.

Done. I downloaded another version which was the same filename and it worked. I guess something was corrupt.

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Done. I downloaded another version which was the same filename and it worked. I guess something was corrupt.

Good! Glad you got it worked out!

#881 4 years ago

Is the Premium shipping with the latest code update?

#882 4 years ago

OMG! Every time I play, I feel like I hear a call-out I haven't heard before. (Could just be because I'm not listening.)

My new favorite from Sgt. Jar Head is "Knock it off, puss nuts!"

Of course (spoiler alert) I love "Not everyone likes it in the back door, but you do!"

#883 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI - it's the same code. If you look at the download links, you are downloading the same exact file. Stern lists the game versions individually, so you know you are getting the correct version for your game. But usually the only different version is Pro versus Premium/LE.
To verify what I'm saying, just download the file from both the LE and the SE links, and you will see they are the same file - both name and size.

Just be careful with this - in this particular case the files are the same, but not all games share the same code, and if you try to install LE code on an SE (or vice versa), it will throw an error.

#884 4 years ago

I can now hit the "back door" shot. I've have been using the glass to set the side to side level. That was my mistake. My playfield rails are not level to each other. They are close but not perfect. After I set the side to side level from the rear of the playfield I hit the shot on my second attempt. A quality digital level is a must for this adjustment. I'm guessing others that are having this problem have the same issue with the cabinet rails being slightly off.

#885 4 years ago

"Junk in the Trunk" Multiball is great in the version .87 update!

#886 4 years ago

Got word last night that my Premium is ready for pickup.

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been getting a over current error on node board 9 intermittently at boot up which I think indicates a short in an LED or coil controlled by the node. Unfortunately when it happens it seems to clear before I can get to node board test to see what the game thinks is the problem.
Anyone seen this on a Spike 2 game before? Any suggestions for debugging it? Would you worry about this if it only happens infrequently?

I had this on my SW premium NIB...turned out to be a super small piece of copper or some wire that was in a GI socket...i went round and round before I took each bulb out and vacuumed the socket...upon pulling one out I saw a shiny speck and got a pair of tweezers out to get it..low ad behold, that fixed the problem...also check that no wires are shorting on the bottom of the playfield or under the flipper mechs...

do you ever get the ove rcurrent during play or just at startup?

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

do you ever get the ove rcurrent during play or just at startup?

So far just at start up

#889 4 years ago

Looks like my Premium will ship out Monday

#890 4 years ago

Got to play a few hours of the new code, and I also got to enjoy some of the added content.

First... I have yet to hit either the skill shot or the back door shot. Don't know how... So I give up trying really... Any pointers would be great. But, for the plunge I've hit it so many different ways. I'm thinking my machine must have something a bit off about it.

Now on to my feelings about the changes:
They also changed how playfield validation starts. So I can no longer do my sneaky soft plunge strategy to pick off the drop target lock safely... Bit of a bummer, but I understand why it was fixed. Just means got to find another exploit.

There are a good bit of new callouts peppered in and those are good. I was able to play 2 player against my father and hear some of those.. .Nothing great for the 2 player callouts, but nice that they are there.

Its great to finally be able to complete the manster. I think overall its probably about a middle level to lower high level difficulty to complete. Mainly because of the shear amount of shots you need to complete the mode.

The mode that really feels the most like they shortened it was Teenagers from Outer Space. Otherwise they all seemed mostly about the same amount of shots to complete.
I did notice a glitch in teenagers that I think will get fixed during the next update. Once the lobster monster is triggered. You no longer have to hit and register the right orbit switch to validate the shot. Now you just need to hit the spinner and it then primes the final shot of the mode. This makes teenagers super easy and by far the easiest mode to complete in the game. So I'm not certain if that will remain or if they will fix... But, I like that you just need the spinner... Makes it easier. and I'm all for that.

I finally got to Santa Claus vs the martians. Really like the singing intro video by Elvira. Thought it was a nice change of pace and a good one. And I only got to the mode 3 times so far and two of the times I drained out basically right away. But, I did complete it one of the times. And I really enjoyed the completion video. So far I think Santa Claus might be the most unique modes of the game.. .So far...

And lastly I have to walk back my comments on being bummed out that you can't stack multiballs anymore.
While you can't get the super huge points from all the balls on the playfield and the 4x and all the stuff going on that could be stacked... I think this change makes the game more fun. You have more control and it isn't as much of just lucky bounces. You really get the feel for how different the MBs are now and so for shear fun factor it makes the game so much better. And again it can help you reach house party quicker if you space out your MBs across the modes.

And I also of course like the extra ball with the deadheads... Provided the deadhead vuk doesn't just drain your ball for you.. .Which it does about 1/5 of the time for me. I think they need a ball saver for when it launches. I shouldn't get penalized for making that shot only for it to get launched directly into the left outlane.

That's it for now... I do have some comments about the modes in general that I'd love to talk and discuss strategies with you all about. But, I'll save those for another post. Fun, fun, game.

#891 4 years ago

For real where the mods

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I have yet to hit either the skill shot or the back door shot. Don't know how... So I give up trying really... Any pointers would be great.

No idea if there's a correlation here, but since I updated to .87 code, it seems like I can hit about 30% of my attempted back door skill shots. I never landed a single one before updating the software and I haven't made any other changes to the setup. Can't explain it, but I like hearing the callouts when I hit them!

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

For real where the mods

These premiums are taking a very long time to get out. Mine was supposed to ship two weeks ago, then a week ago and I just was told again on Wednesday it actually shipped. I’m really hoping it gets delivered this week. We’ve got mods ready to go, but I need the game for fit, connections and pics. I know our lighted bat, ghost and spider mods are good as they run off the GI. But our tombstone mods need to be tested for fit. Our backbox mod is ready too, but I don’t have pictures. I really want to have the game to be able to show the mods in the game before opening the gates. Thanks to those who have contacted us and are being patient, shouldn’t be too much longer...I hope.

#894 4 years ago

I downloaded code again. Was getting the "locating node board 1 8 9" message.

Let's see if it works this time.

Anybody else have this issue?

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It's not easy by any means. I only make it about 1 in every 10 plunges. (Just an estimate. ) It has to be hard enough to get past the gate on the back right of the house, but slow enough that it doesn't go all the way around. Just got to find that happy medium.

This is exactly it thank you! You have to plunge so it goes through the first gate on the back of the house but does not go all the way around. It needs to stop behind the house. If it does that it seems to give you the shot every time. So it’s simply plunging strength. Since learning this key to the shot from this simple but yet brilliant post, I made the back door shot twice in my first game attempting this. On the next game made it twice again.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And I also of course like the extra ball with the deadheads... Provided the deadhead vuk doesn't just drain your ball for you.. .Which it does about 1/5 of the time for me. I think they need a ball saver for when it launches. I shouldn't get penalized for making that shot only for it to get launched directly into the left outlane.

Lower your crypt VUK kick power and it won’t shoot to the outlane. Play around with what works best for your setup. I never drain from the crypt shot now. That will also do less dimpling to the playfield.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I downloaded code again. Was getting the "locating node board 1 8 9" message.
Let's see if it works this time.
Anybody else have this issue?

Is your coin door open when you see this? Been covered a few times.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is your coin door open when you see this? Been covered a few times.

Close it? Will do. Thx

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

These premiums are taking a very long time to get out. Mine was supposed to ship two weeks ago, then a week ago and I just was told again on Wednesday it actually shipped. I’m really hoping it gets delivered this week. We’ve got mods ready to go, but I need the game for fit, connections and pics. I know our lighted bat, ghost and spider mods are good as they run off the GI. But our tombstone mods need to be tested for fit. Our backbox mod is ready too, but I don’t have pictures. I really want to have the game to be able to show the mods in the game before opening the gates. Thanks to those who have contacted us and are being patient, shouldn’t be too much longer...I hope.

Yeah my understanding the star wars jumped the line ahead of them

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Lower your crypt VUK kick power and it won’t shoot to the outlane. Play around with what works best for your setup. I never drain from the crypt shot now. That will also do less dimpling to the playfield.

My playfield is dimpled to all hell.
My only hope is they'll all dimple so much so it'll become level again.

I might lower the vuk... But, it seems lately its 2/3 of the vuk shots lead to draining. And really not from my mistake. It either dribbles straight to the tthe left outlane... Not a bullet shot, but a dribble that is still powerful enough to where you can't nudge it to save it.
Or I get a bullet shot and it hits the rubber in a weird way on the left side and it bounces straight into the right outlane. THis might be savable... If I nudge just at the right time. But, its hard to get the feel for when you need to start shaking, and because the vuk is so inconsistent in its behavior you risk doing the wrong shake...

I like the vuk... But, I think there needs to be a ball save timer that goes with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.