IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 363.
#8751 2 years ago

Nice to see more new owners receiving their pins. I remember playing this game and JP2 at Expo 2019 when both were revealed. I liked both games a lot, but I was surprised at some of the negative feedback this game got then. The code was unfinished, so you couldn’t do everything yet, but all the main shots were there and the house was obviously a high-quality item and better than the usual shrinky dink plastics so common these days. The only thing I was surprised about was the straight forward plastic ramps. Nordman is known for his many awesome twisty ramps (POTC, DM, WH2o, SS, EATPM). These are fast, functional and smooth, but mostly straight up and back. I love the game tho, and I’m glad to see it hovering around the top 10 pins of all time!

#8752 2 years ago

Topper owners can you tell me your topper settings are and what numbers they are? I found three settings. Set attract mode scream at 100% and the game at 100% #282 and #283 but forget which one is which ) and I do not know what #284 topper scream lockout timer setting is.

My topper does not come on at all in attract mode and once for wild woman multiball. Tested coil in test mode that opens the lid for the topper and it’s working. Should I try to reinstall the code? Or does it not come on much? Otherwise game works 100%.

Appreciate any input. Just happy I finally have it. One of the best pins ever IMO.

#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Topper owners can you tell me your topper settings are and what numbers they are? I found three settings. Set attract mode scream at 100% and the game at 100% #282 and #283 but forget which one is which ) and I do not know what #284 topper scream lockout timer setting is.
My topper does not come on at all in attract mode and once for wild woman multiball. Tested coil in test mode that opens the lid for the topper and it’s working. Should I try to reinstall the code? Or does it not come on much? Otherwise game works 100%.
Appreciate any input. Just happy I finally have it. One of the best pins ever IMO.

I'm not sure what the topper lockout timer does but the word lockout sounds like an inhibitor of some sort. What is the minimum setting for that? I would try that. I have a topper but my low ceiling doesn't give me enough room to install it.

#8754 2 years ago

Perhaps the lockout timer prevents Elvira from popping up too often out of the topper.

#8755 2 years ago

DUUUUDE YOU GOT HER! Priceless.. im so jelly on that topper.. i actually personally would really like that it comes on rarely..kind of adds to the magic and surprise of it all!

So happy for you man. Youre staring at my dream there too...bang a wild woman mb 4me.

Fantastic..have fun w.mods too.. and report..report!

#8756 2 years ago

The skull plungers looks super sick too. Great choice

#8757 2 years ago

I think your Mod looks great on this Game.

CB85C677-1E95-4BB5-A075-290405666A80 (resized).jpegCB85C677-1E95-4BB5-A075-290405666A80 (resized).jpeg
#8758 2 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I think your Mod looks great on this Game.
[quoted image]

I was curious about the backbox mod to cover the speakers but I see you can still see them... I thought the would be totally hidden by the mod...

Does it have a good fit? Does it look like it is part of the game or is it clearly visible that is just sitting on top? I have not seen one in person and it is probably the only mod I would consider besides upgrading the speakers.

#8759 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

DUUUUDE YOU GOT HER! Priceless.. im so jelly on that topper.. i actually personally would really like that it comes on rarely..kind of adds to the magic and surprise of it all!
So happy for you man. Youre staring at my dream there too...bang a wild woman mb 4me.
Fantastic..have fun w.mods too.. and report..report!

Thanks my friend. Really appreciate it a lot. Going to make my skull shooter rod today. I have to put in medisinyl mods in, art blades, cointaker speaker lights, shooter lane protector, side armor, and back door sign mod. Ordered the pinnovators sub adapter and the UFO and LED strip to do that mod.

Then I can really sit down and enjoy the game. I forgot I have to wax the playfield also. Will update for sure. Hard to believe she’s finally sitting in my living room.

Quoted from KlownHammer:

The skull plungers looks super sick too. Great choice

Looking forward to getting the skull plunger done. Just hope I will be able to drill a hole for the shooter rod and not scrap the skull.

Quoted from mslow:

Perhaps the lockout timer prevents Elvira from popping up too often out of the topper.

Setting was at 600 factory or 580. I turned it down to 75 and still no change. I am not sure what that timer setting does. I really want to see and hear the topper scream more often.

Will try to reinstall the game code and see if it helps. Otherwise the topper looks amazing. When you hit a gargoyle the lights on the gargoyle topper flash. If you hit a gargoyle on the right, the right hand gargoyle on the topper will flash.

#8760 2 years ago

Congrats on receiving your new pins! Curious, how long did y'all have to wait before you received it? I put a deposit down on one 3 months ago and with the parts shortages and backlog of production runs, I'm hearing many different timelines for when they will ship. Yes, I reached out to my distro so I'm not looking for someone to point out the obvious, just curious on your own personal timelines for when you bought/deposited and when you received.
Thanks in advance for your insights.

#8761 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Congrats on receiving your new pins! Curious, how long did y'all have to wait before you received it? I put a deposit down on one 3 months ago and with the parts shortages and backlog of production runs, I'm hearing many different timelines for when they will ship. Yes, I reached out to my distro so I'm not looking for someone to point out the obvious, just curious on your own personal timelines for when you bought/deposited and when you received.
Thanks in advance for your insights.

I had previously asked a distro to put one on hold for me last August (2020) and checked base with them several times between then and March. Each time they confirmed I was still on the list but not once did they ever reach out to me or let me know that I had my hold filled. Because of the lack of communication and rarity of the game I started shopping around and found a new local distributor. In March he put me first on their list to get one. I paid for it 2 weeks ago and got it on Monday this week. I feel like some of the larger distributors are just too busy to give the kind of customer service I need. I can HIGHLY recommend Kyle at Custom Pinball!! He was in constant communication with me on the status of my game and always responded to my questions promptly.

#8762 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

I put a deposit down on one 3 months

I ordered mine around the same time. It all comes down to where you fall in your dealer list. The last batch that just came out is it this for the year. I heard the planned August run won't happen till next year.

#8763 2 years ago

Rules question...

What increases the number of shots needed to complete a haunt?

#8764 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Rules question...

I am interested on this too, I think some shots have a slightly whiter colour, if you shoot that one I think it changes things... I have not figured this out 100%.
would like to know.

Another question / VUK shot:
Also, even though it was answered before, even when I hit all the stand up target (3 flashing at the same time)... I noticed this changes when you get to the clown (stage 3 or whatever it is called) I was not able to finish it because I drain, but I did notice the flashing sequence of the Stand up targets had changed. Has anybody gotten that far into the crypt to check?

#8765 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Rules question...

In many of the modes there are multiple shots lit. Some shots are there to "build the mode value", and other shots "progress the mode".
The "Progress the Mode" shots will be brighter or flashing. Shooting "Build the Mode Value" shots does not progress the mode (to completion), so therefore increases the number of shots needed to complete.

#8766 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I was curious about the backbox mod to cover the speakers but I see you can still see them... I thought the would be totally hidden by the mod...
Does it have a good fit? Does it look like it is part of the game or is it clearly visible that is just sitting on top? I have not seen one in person and it is probably the only mod I would consider besides upgrading the speakers.

You can tell them if you want to have the speaker space cut out or not. I ordered the "Premium with LE cut". The backbox mod fits great and the colors are perfect.

#8767 2 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

I had previously asked a distro to put one on hold for me last August (2020) and checked base with them several times between then and March. Each time they confirmed I was still on the list but not once did they ever reach out to me or let me know that I had my hold filled. Because of the lack of communication and rarity of the game I started shopping around and found a new local distributor. In March he put me first on their list to get one. I paid for it 2 weeks ago and got it on Monday this week. I feel like some of the larger distributors are just too busy to give the kind of customer service I need. I can HIGHLY recommend Kyle at Custom Pinball!! He was in constant communication with me on the status of my game and always responded to my questions promptly.

Thanks for the insights, can you tell me where Custom Pinball is located? Googled it but "custom pinball" is too generic a phrase. thanks in advance.

#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

In many of the modes there are multiple shots lit. Some shots are there to "build the mode value", and other shots "progress the mode".
The "Progress the Mode" shots will be brighter or flashing. Shooting "Build the Mode Value" shots does not progress the mode (to completion), so therefore increases the number of shots needed to complete.

I get that some shots don’t give you a film clip... the ones that are just the color of the mode and not flashing between the color of the mode and white. What I’m seeing is the number in the the film canister on the bottom right of the screen that indicates the number of shots needed to clear a mode is increasing. I had Werewolf of Washington last night showing 22 shots to complete. I was killing the mode and making a lot of long combos (for me anyway). Looked up to see how many shots were left to make and noticed that the total number required was much higher than what it started at.

#8769 2 years ago

OK, may have found my answer by googling the rules sheet
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

The Werewolf of Washington: (Right side of house, attic window) Shoot left or right orbit (flashing blue), then shoot follow-up blue shots to “Transform”. Making the blue shots as combos scores more points than they would otherwise; shooting either the Garage or Crypt will end the combo (their lights will be shown in a darker blue color). After three transformations you can shoot the House to finish the mode.

I was not transforming multiple times, I was just making combos on a transformation. In addition to not clearing the mode, it was awarding film clips and at the same time increasing the number of shots needed to complete the mode to reflect the shots needed to complete the three transformations.

#8770 2 years ago

I have a brand new in the box topper in marketplace. I'm on the list for 2022 for a new machine but fear I might not get one so I'm selling the topper.

#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice to see more new owners receiving their pins. I remember playing this game and JP2 at Expo 2019 when both were revealed. I liked both games a lot, but I was surprised at some of the negative feedback this game got then. The code was unfinished, so you couldn’t do everything yet, but all the main shots were there and the house was obviously a high-quality item and better than the usual shrinky dink plastics so common these days. The only thing I was surprised about was the straight forward plastic ramps. Nordman is known for his many awesome twisty ramps (POTC, DM, WH2o, SS, EATPM). These are fast, functional and smooth, but mostly straight up and back. I love the game tho, and I’m glad to see it hovering around the top 10 pins of all time!

so with these new ones just out, is everyone still putting playfield protectors on them or are they holding up good without them? i just recieved my nib elvira premium and havn't set it up yet. i'm waiting on some upgrades and mods to come in, i'm debating if i should order a playfield protector or not.

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I ordered mine around the same time. It all comes down to where you fall in your dealer list. The last batch that just came out is it this for the year. I heard the planned August run won't happen till next year.

Aww man really? Did a distro tell you this? Whole day just went down the crapper. Scratch that whole week. Scratch that..rest of the year

#8773 2 years ago

Thanks my friend. Really appreciate it a lot. Going to make my skull shooter rod today. I have to put in medisinyl mods in, art blades, cointaker speaker lights, shooter lane protector, side armor, and back door sign mod. Ordered the pinnovators sub adapter and the UFO and LED strip to do that mod.
Then I can really sit down and enjoy the game. I forgot I have to wax the playfield also. Will update for sure. Hard to believe she’s finally sitting in my living room.

Looking forward to getting the skull plunger done. Just hope I will be able to drill a hole for the shooter rod and not scrap the skull.

Setting was at 600 factory or 580. I turned it down to 75 and still no change. I am not sure what that timer setting does. I really want to see and hear the topper scream more often.
Will try to reinstall the game code and see if it helps. Otherwise the topper looks amazing. When you hit a gargoyle the lights on the gargoyle topper flash. If you hit a gargoyle on the right, the right hand gargoyle on the topper will flash.

Lol i grabbed the UFO mod too... for the price v.v.hard to beat. And wow..had no idea the topper blinked like that too! Thats awesome!

#8774 2 years ago

Shipment exception
Emergency - Delay in transit
WTH?! It left Anaheim Friday.
[quoted image]

I feel your pain! Mine was supposed to arrive today (just in time for my birthday) but I just got the same message on tracking:

2:15 PM SEATTLE, WA
Shipment exception
Emergency - Delay in transit

I called and they said may arrive early next week.

#8775 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Aww man really? Did a distro tell you this? Whole day just went down the crapper. Scratch that whole week. Scratch that..rest of the year

Yes but things can and DO change. Back in February many dealers were saying there would be any built till the fall.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Skull finally arrived today and I was able to make my shooter rod. This is the perfect size.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool. Where did you get the skull from?

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Looks cool. Where did you get the skull from?

Ebay, ebay.com link: itm

#8778 2 years ago

Well hit the left button during attract mode and occasionally the lid will pop and Elvira will scream, but the lid opens but won’t stay open. Also the lights on the left side are out see pic. $1000 topper yay. Bought topper in March 2021. I emailed Nitro Pinball tonight.

Here is a video of lid issue on topper.

0D91F18B-5400-4BB7-8CA7-7CC19BAA58F9 (resized).jpeg0D91F18B-5400-4BB7-8CA7-7CC19BAA58F9 (resized).jpeg

#8779 2 years ago

Well hit the left button during attract mode and occasionally the lid will pop and Elvira will scream, but the lid opens but won’t stay open. Also the lights on the left side are out see pic. $1000 topper yay. Bought topper in March 2021. I emailed Nitro Pinball tonight.
Here is a video of lid issue on topper.

[quoted image]

Does it just pop like that in attract mode or also during game play?

#8780 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does it just pop like that in attract mode or also during game play?

Also during gameplay. What pulls the lid up? Is there a magnet in there that activates?

#8781 2 years ago

Also during gameplay. What pulls the lid up? Is there a magnet in there that activates?

Not sure (I'm out of town) but you are correct, it should stay open a bit longer than that.

#8782 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not sure (I'm out of town) but you are correct, it should stay open a bit longer than that.

Yeah thats what I thought. Saw Stern official video and it does. At least the pin has no issues, but the topper issue is annoying as hell. It doesn’t stay up during test mode either. But not sure if it’s supposed to. Appreciate if you can check yours when you get home. Have a safe trip.

#8783 2 years ago

Yeah thats what I thought. Saw Stern official video and it does. At least the pin has no issues, but the topper issue is annoying as hell. It doesn’t stay up during test mode either. But not sure if it’s supposed to. Appreciate if you can check yours when you get home. Have a safe trip.

this has been discussed before, sorry I am too lazy to look it up but I do remember someone else asking this very same thing.

#8784 2 years ago

I had topper troubles also but they were LED related. Very dim. Turns out one of the female pins in a connector was out of the plastic part.

The lid is activated by a coil in the topper. I would reseat all connectors. That’s probably the problem. Thanks

44925F97-B47E-4F59-A77C-D9957DB64DEB (resized).jpeg44925F97-B47E-4F59-A77C-D9957DB64DEB (resized).jpeg639F73BB-0935-4FA9-A2DC-5330A769F0A7 (resized).jpeg639F73BB-0935-4FA9-A2DC-5330A769F0A7 (resized).jpeg
#8785 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I had topper troubles also but they were LED related. Very dim. Turns out one of the female pins in a connector was out of the plastic part.
The lid is activated by a coil in the topper. I would reseat all connectors. That’s probably the problem. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so very much. Ok I will check. I didn’t remove the gargoyle on right facing the front. I removed the left only. I was on a shaky chair and was getting tired. I will check the coil and plugs.

I did a forum search for topper and your post did not show up for some reason. Really appreciate your help. Maybe a bad solder joint or wire issue hopefully.

#8786 2 years ago

I took my topper off the back box and put it on a table. You can get a better look at it. Makes it way easier to work on also.

#8787 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I took my topper off the back box and put it on a table. You can get a better look at it. Makes it way easier to work on also.

I am definitely going to do that. Thank you so much. Hopefully something easy. Worried won’t get a response from Stern anytime soon. Thank you again. Will update tomorrow.

#8788 2 years ago

I am definitely going to do that. Thank you so much. Hopefully something easy. Worried won’t get a response from Stern anytime soon. Thank you again. Will update tomorrow.

The topper lid goes up via a coil located under the right gargoyle. If it goes up but them quickly falls you should check the linkage between the coil and the shaft. Could be a loose set screw on the shaft.

rps20210610_065741 (resized).jpgrps20210610_065741 (resized).jpg
#8789 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The topper lid goes up via a coil located under the right gargoyle. If it goes up but them quickly falls you should check the linkage between the coil and the shaft. Could be a loose set screw on the shaft.
[quoted image]

I will check. Can you repost pic? It didn’t load. Thank you!

#8790 2 years ago

Image server is down

#8791 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Thanks for the insights, can you tell me where Custom Pinball is located? Googled it but "custom pinball" is too generic a phrase. thanks in advance.

They're out of Las Vegas. I sent you their info in a PM.

#8792 2 years ago

Yes but things can and DO change. Back in February many dealers were saying there would be any built till the fall.

Thank u ..cant tell u how utterly discouraging a forecast like that is. Not doing a run of this game right before halloween really doesnt make any sense. Also; as it stands Stern has shorted a whole mess of customers with deposits in by not fulfilling as many as promised for the may run. Coughing up some more before year end is the right thing to do. I hope anyway...

#8793 2 years ago

fun game ,

#8794 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Thank u ..cant tell u how utterly discouraging a forecast like that is. Not doing a run of this game right before halloween really doesnt make any sense. Also; as it stands Stern has shorted a whole mess of customers with deposits in by not fulfilling as many as promised for the may run. Coughing up some more before year end is the right thing to do. I hope anyway...

I totally agree with you and hated being the one to report the potentially bad news. I know you and others are eagerly awaiting your machines. What bothers me the most is many dealers bought extra from the last run and are now asking 9 to 11.5k to get the game right now. Not fair to you guys that put cash down months ago.

#8795 2 years ago

I totally agree with you and hated being the one to report the potentially bad news. I know you and others are eagerly awaiting your machines. What bothers me the most is many dealers bought extra from the last run and are now asking 9 to 11.5k to get the game right now. Not fair to you guys that put cash down months ago.

Yep. That is one tough pill to swallow. My hopes are v.low again. I was told to expect end of July and Im just not seeing that happen. Being on perma-wait really really sucks. I appreciate the sentiments much though..and I appreciate the truth the most, so thank u for that..tough as it is to hear

#8796 2 years ago

are you guys using thread locker on the gargoyles? they literally come loose in less than 10 games, it is getting annoying...

I am referring to the bracket that propels them up, the screw that holds this bracket down comes loose and the bracket start wiggling around...

#8797 2 years ago

Powdercoat from Robert arrived yesterday, he does such great work!

20210610_095052 (resized).jpg20210610_095052 (resized).jpg20210610_095109 (resized).jpg20210610_095109 (resized).jpg20210610_095252 (resized).jpg20210610_095252 (resized).jpg20210610_102302 (resized).jpg20210610_102302 (resized).jpg
#8798 2 years ago
#8799 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

are you guys using thread locker on the gargoyles? they literally come loose in less than 10 games, it is getting annoying...

I am referring to the bracket that propels them up, the screw that holds this bracket down comes loose and the bracket start wiggling around...

Mine are doing this. Have you tried lock tight yet? I haven't dug into the mech yet.

#8800 2 years ago

Mine are doing this. Have you tried lock tight yet? I haven't dug into the mech yet.

I epoxied mine. no reason they shouldn't be glued on super tight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/176?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.