IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 362.
#8501 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

HA!! Will be bolted to the floor for sure. Appreciate your reply. Family and I are really excited.

Finally!! The most anticipated arrival on pinside is eminent. As long as you've had to wait, I sincerely hope it is 1000% out of the box. Enjoy!!!!!!

#8502 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the tips. I disconnected all the connections on that blue node board this morning and reattached. Problem is still there.
Is the black molex connector you're referencing the one I have circled in the attached picture? I can't see any obvious loose wires or anything but if you get a chance, look over my picture and please let me know if you see anything that looks off on the board.
I did notice a frayed orange wire that connects to the left flipper. Solder still looked okay, though (attached picture of that as well). Any thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes that is the black molex connector I was talking about. Pin 3 is right flipper, pin 4 left flipper and pin 7 ground. On my DP the molex terminal pin 3 was damaged causing the right flipper to randomly fire.
On EHOH node boards 8 and 9 are the same boards and you can swap them. You will also have to change the dip switch addresses on both boards. Node board 8 is set to off-off-off-off. Node board 9 is set to off-off-on-off.

#8503 2 years ago

getting my game tomorrow, Premium.
I have not looked at anything on this thread, I am just hoping it plays ok out of the box... but if there is something imminent that I need to pay attention to, please let me know.

#8504 2 years ago

HA!! Will be bolted to the floor for sure. Appreciate your reply. Family and I are really excited.

Yep..that is one heck of a wait. Im 2 months in and it is not exactly pleasant not knowing if theres hope for august. Cant wait to hear how it performs! You got the freekin topper sotting there too..man thats gonna be sweet. Fingers cross

#8505 2 years ago

We are loving this game, but it does need some adjustments.

There are just too many times when having a multi ball that the slings will just send them straight to the out lanes and stuff like that.

(part of that can be that we are not that great also).

And minor switch issues, that does not take away from the game too much.

So far the best game has only been 99 mil.

A awesome local member here has reached out and plans to check it out Friday.

Pinside is just super awesome the way everyone is eager to help you.

Anyway, as it sits right now this pin is awesome! It would be nice to be able to make it further into the game though.

So far I have never seen the extra ball lit either.

I have never set a pin on 5 ball, but I have been thinking about it on this game, because I want to be able to see and do more.

I hope everyone waiting on their game gets it very soon!

And I hope everyone that is having any issues gets them all resolved soon!

This game has a ton of stuff to do, and I know I have barely gotten into the depth of it all.

#8506 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

There are just too many times when having a multi ball that the slings will just send them straight to the out lanes and stuff like that.
Anyway, as it sits right now this pin is awesome! It would be nice to be able to make it further into the game though.
I have never set a pin on 5 ball, but I have been thinking about it on this game, because I want to be able to see and do more.
This game has a ton of stuff to do, and I know I have barely gotten into the depth of it all.

You can adjust sling power in settings. Extra balls are available when you complete 2 haunts or complete 2 dead heads .

#8507 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Set it for 5 balls and dial it back after you get better at it. You need to experience House Party.

#8508 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Yep..that is one heck of a wait. Im 2 months in and it is not exactly pleasant not knowing if theres hope for august. Cant wait to hear how it performs! You got the freekin topper sotting there too..man thats gonna be sweet. Fingers cross

I hope August comes through for you brother.
I also have side armor, lock down bar accent, cointaker speaker lights, and medisinyl mods. side art blades arriving on June 4th thanks to Dexter for hooking me up!

Just need to order shaker. Once I know game arrives safely I will order it from pinball life.

#8509 2 years ago

I am so Happy to say that after my year wait my Elvira HOH game is going to be delivered today but no later than tomorrow! Now to decide on what I want to mod first any suggestions and why?

#8510 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnjohn66:

I am so Happy to say that after my year wait my Elvira HOH game is going to be delivered today but no later than tomorrow! Now to decide on what I want to mod first any suggestions and why?

The medisinyl mods are probably #1 in my book ..good to get on a list while the gettings good too. That guy is cranking those out so hard im worried hes going to get carpal tunnel before he has a chance to be convinced to do a tiki bar for this game lol..

Seriously, also the backdoor neon plastic by docquest is a no brainer for 10 bux or wharever and if youre more adventurous, his apron videos screen mods are basically to die for
All of this stuff feels like stuff that shouldve been in the game out of the box. Lotta people say the mirrored cross is important for the indicator hidden behind the beast booster

The official art blades by stern I cant say enough good things about bc they are so well integrated with the artwork.

Beyond this, sound upgrade /sub woofer is probably very high on the list but i cant attest to the need so much cause my number for the game hasnt come up yet..just got all the mods in case my dream comes true lol. Such a hot game.

BallyKiSS1978... dude u got the armor too?? Man those look so freeking good..just started getting a little pricey for me. Im sure if the game comes through ill bend on those too. Its the topper that gets me. Its GD gorgeous but man.. the price is insane. Thats dedication to a work of art! Gonna add huuuge value to it . Totally jelly lol

#8511 2 years ago
Quoted from Johnjohn66:

medisinyl 100%, shaker motor, as well. protective plastics, and playfield protector

#8512 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

medisinyl 100%, shaker motor, as well. protective plastics, and playfield protector

yikes, PF protectors... games play awful with those things... I don't understand why people like these.

Anyway, my ELVIRA just arrived!!! woohoo

#8513 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yikes, PF protectors... games play awful with those things... I don't understand why people like these.
Anyway, my ELVIRA just arrived!!! woohoo

i've noticed absolutely ZERO difference between no protector and the pet-g protector: https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/OmuW_Mp-90mva7ufrCRxzQ?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors

#8514 2 years ago

I've had a protector on my game since day 1 and I don't notice any difference in playability on that versus my other games that don't have one.

#8515 2 years ago

This… Wizardmod.com

438FE8D5-72E7-4B8E-B120-AB942288757B (resized).jpeg438FE8D5-72E7-4B8E-B120-AB942288757B (resized).jpeg
#8516 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

This… Wizardmod.com
[quoted image]

Thats awesome!

#8517 2 years ago

Funny, ending on '95'. A bug?

IMG_20210602_200137.jpgIMG_20210602_200137.jpg

#8518 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

This… Wizardmod.com
[quoted image]

cool mod, does it look good in person.
Can you tell it is just sitting on top and is the magnetic part strong enough to get a good hold?

#8519 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Finally!! The most anticipated arrival on pinside is eminent. As long as you've had to wait, I sincerely hope it is 1000% out of the box. Enjoy!!!!!!

Really appreciate it. As of yesterday was 45 minutes away from my distributor. As of today not a damn call, text, or email from him. Never again.

#8520 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

The medisinyl mods are probably #1 in my book ..good to get on a list while the gettings good too. That guy is cranking those out so hard im worried hes going to get carpal tunnel before he has a chance to be convinced to do a tiki bar for this game lol..
Seriously, also the backdoor neon plastic by docquest is a no brainer for 10 bux or wharever and if youre more adventurous, his apron videos screen mods are basically to die for
All of this stuff feels like stuff that shouldve been in the game out of the box. Lotta people say the mirrored cross is important for the indicator hidden behind the beast booster
The official art blades by stern I cant say enough good things about bc they are so well integrated with the artwork.
Beyond this, sound upgrade /sub woofer is probably very high on the list but i cant attest to the need so much cause my number for the game hasnt come up yet..just got all the mods in case my dream comes true lol. Such a hot game.
BallyKiSS1978... dude u got the armor too?? Man those look so freeking good..just started getting a little pricey for me. Im sure if the game comes through ill bend on those too. Its the topper that gets me. Its GD gorgeous but man.. the price is insane. Thats dedication to a work of art! Gonna add huuuge value to it . Totally jelly lol

I love my medisinyl mods. Got them a few months back. Not sure on the lcd apron mod yet. Worried the novelty will ware off. I saw the back door neon sign, going to get it since you said it’s worth it.

I wasn’t sure about the Stern art blades at first. Didn’t care for them till I saw a pic someone posted recently (sorry to poster), and looked so much better.

The topper is crazy expensive but the wife said had to get it, I was shocked. Was going to get munsters side armor but decided to keep her 100% Elvira. The art just flows better with the premium cabinet for me.

Going to order the boney finger flippers for Scared Stiff on Marco also. Not a fan of mirrored cross though. Looks great, but just doesn’t look right on the game, doesn’t seem to fit since all mirrored. It looks nice, but just not for Elvira for me.

Just ordered the lenticular cards. Love the stranger Things I got. Probably going to order the green neon sign mod and possibly lcd apron mod.

#8521 2 years ago

cool mod, does it look good in person.
Can you tell it is just sitting on top and is the magnetic part strong enough to get a good hold?

Perfect in person. It looks like it belongs to the cabinet. The magnet back is strong enough. Just make certain the plastic model label is screwed over the top. It has pre drilled holes in that area.

#8522 2 years ago

Here is a brighter picture.

DD2303A7-FEDE-4EA3-ADA6-52BAB3B1F04E (resized).jpegDD2303A7-FEDE-4EA3-ADA6-52BAB3B1F04E (resized).jpeg
#8523 2 years ago

Does anyone know it is possible to get a hold of anyone with Stern's tech support live? Due to my ongoing flipper issue, I need to talk with Stern but when I called, it said they are doing everything over email.

I've emailed but not sure how long it will be until I can expect to hear from them. Pretty frustrated to have a brand new game that is basically unplayable and not be able to talk with anyone live.

#8524 2 years ago

Omg you guys i just woke up and see my phone has a voice mail. Not in a hurry cuz I was expecting it to be for scheduling a colonascopy. Here it's the freight company my EHOH is coming Friday!! Talk about a 180 haha!!

#8525 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Does anyone know it is possible to get a hold of anyone with Stern's tech support live? Due to my ongoing flipper issue, I need to talk with Stern but when I called, it said they are doing everything over email.
I've emailed but not sure how long it will be until I can expect to hear from them. Pretty frustrated to have a brand new game that is basically unplayable and not be able to talk with anyone live.

Any time I've needed support I've sent an e-mail to my distributor who then forwards it on to Stern and they've been really responsive.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8526 2 years ago

I need to pinch myself. Will go get it myself so don’t have to wait till next week.

B3416F59-DADA-4AE6-8272-F9C8E2675CFF (resized).jpegB3416F59-DADA-4AE6-8272-F9C8E2675CFF (resized).jpeg

#8527 2 years ago

Is there an updated rules sheet anywhere? I looked at the one on Tiltforums but it doesn't seem to be updated in a lot of areas.

Also, I've browsed through the forum and picture gallery to see if there are any alternate shooter rods on the market other than the Stern clown and the Modfather Elvira head but I didn't see any. Anyone have ideas besides those two for a shooter rod that goes well with the game?

#8528 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've had the same issue...emailed them twice about my trunk opto, absolutely ignored.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there an updated rules sheet anywhere? I looked at the one on Tiltforums but it doesn't seem to be updated in a lot of areas.
Also, I've browsed through the forum and picture gallery to see if there are any alternate shooter rods on the market other than the Stern clown and the Modfather Elvira head but I didn't see any. Anyone have ideas besides those two for a shooter rod that goes well with the game?

There’s a cool eye ball one on Modfather

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/eyball-shooter-rod?variant=97652047880

Or this skull one. I am going to get it

https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/shooter-rods/products/elvira-skull-shooter-rod

5E2D054B-F916-4431-ADE4-3A69B0E9A381 (resized).jpeg5E2D054B-F916-4431-ADE4-3A69B0E9A381 (resized).jpeg

E3F439A4-0936-4664-AC90-20879023BD63 (resized).pngE3F439A4-0936-4664-AC90-20879023BD63 (resized).png
#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Any time I've needed support I've sent an e-mail to my distributor who then forwards it on to Stern and they've been really responsive.

Thanks. Sadly my distributor is MIA right now as well. These things cost $8k + is this is how we're treated? Pathetic.

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks. Sadly my distributor is MIA right now as well. These things cost $8k + is this is how we're treated? Pathetic.

Bummer. Hope your distributor surfaces soon to give you some help. They should be a reliable point of contact for stuff like this. Hope you can get it resolved soon.

#8532 2 years ago

I’ll be picking mine up Friday evening. Already have almost all of the mods I want. I’ll be ordering a couple more once I get it home. Looking forward to playing my first game. Hopefully I don’t have any issues.

#8533 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That's complete crap. Id be calling non stop till I got my game running right.

#8534 2 years ago

Got home and was going to take my motorcycle out for a spin... Someone put this frigging box in the way.

20210602_164208 (resized).jpg20210602_164208 (resized).jpg
#8535 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Freaking sucks. I pray no issues with mine when I get it. Can’t believe the flippers aren’t working. Sorry brother. Not right at all. So much for testing before it’s boxed up and shipped.

#8536 2 years ago
Quoted from n2vsw:

Got home and was going to take my motorcycle out for a spin... Someone put this frigging box in the way.
[quoted image]

Congrats!!!

#8537 2 years ago
Quoted from n2vsw:

[quoted image]

Ha! At first glance it looked like they crushed an elvira lobster under the crate there lol

#8538 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yep
This is absurd. Not a good sign. This should never happen to a customer. Not even one. Ive bought software at a fraction of a percent of this price and gotten immediate support. This should have been resolved at the beginning of the week.

This is exactly what i was afraid of when i tried to reach out to their sales staff about the shorts on the games and got 100% blowed off..even after repeated attempts. Email support only? On a pball machine?? They cant afford to have a support team on staff? Man at this price level they should have a tech at your place sorting this. Like last monday.

#8539 2 years ago

Freaking sucks. I pray no issues with mine when I get it. Can’t believe the flippers aren’t working. Sorry brother. Not right at all. So much for testing before it’s boxed up and shipped.

Yep..v.much hoping you have no issues. This should be a feel good start to finish. Sterns made it clear we are basically on our own with their machines. Great game. Dissapointing company. I guess if u have a distro who is v.tight with them youre in good shape..otherwise they just dont seem to care. Just want them to be around for a while..and when they got about a million mando fans wanting tech support for their games and find the stern wall instead im worried this biz model could really seal their fate.

Im with u on the shooter rod. I keep considering the creepo but something just doesnt feel right. Maybe its the white plastic and the chances of it yellowing..or maybe im just afraid it will bite when im plunging. Just doesnt seem right somehow. Perhaps if it was made of pure metal..and a little smaller..idk. i think i want to want it..on the other hand i havent tried plunging with it and maybe it feels great. Not a bad skull there tho

#8540 2 years ago

Well my typical crappy luck has hit. Was supposed to arrive today in Phoenix. So now have to call and see how long the delay is going to be. Hopefully the truck didn’t crash or catch on fire.

3135FA70-8FD7-4823-870F-3AE52D8B9724 (resized).jpeg3135FA70-8FD7-4823-870F-3AE52D8B9724 (resized).jpeg
#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Yep
This is absurd. Not a good sign. This should never happen to a customer. Not even one. Ive bought software at a fraction of a percent of this price and gotten immediate support. This should have been resolved at the beginning of the week.
This is exactly what i was afraid of when i tried to reach out to their sales staff about the shorts on the games and got 100% blowed off..even after repeated attempts. Email support only? On a pball machine?? They cant afford to have a support team on staff? Man at this price level they should have a tech at your place sorting this. Like last monday.

I agree. I bought a GB premium back in summer of 2017, just my second pin ever at that point, and I had zero pinball tech skills then. My GB had a “subway eject device malfunction” warning right out of the box. I called, left messages, spoke with Chaz multiple times. I bought a voltmeter to try to determine the problem. After he sent me a new coil for the subway VUK and the problem persisted, he finally sent me a new node board. That fixed the problem, but only after many frustrating calls and 6 weeks of waiting to play my new pin. I remember saying to him, “$7000+ for a new machine and I have to make it work right?” At least it helped me start to learn to make repairs. Chaz did spend a couple hours on the phone walking me thru those repairs. RIP, Chaz.

#8542 2 years ago

Going to make my own custom shooter rod. Skull cost $11.99, and shooter rod $8.99. Will clear coat the skull. Pics of skull are from online, those aren’t my hands and nails. :p

Will post pics once done. Going to make a custom one for stranger things also. Now just need to call FedEx and see what happened to my game. Still in California.

4F71428E-F81E-4942-94E9-6BCE6A6864A8 (resized).jpeg4F71428E-F81E-4942-94E9-6BCE6A6864A8 (resized).jpegAE5AA12F-1E95-418D-86F2-4329C771EA28 (resized).jpegAE5AA12F-1E95-418D-86F2-4329C771EA28 (resized).jpeg8861205F-8604-4CDB-8FFD-FDF3759EF84E (resized).png8861205F-8604-4CDB-8FFD-FDF3759EF84E (resized).png

#8543 2 years ago

Going to make my own custom shooter rod. Skull cost $11.99, and shooter rod $8.99. Will clear coat the skull. Pics of skull are from online, those aren’t my hands and nails. :p
Will post pics once done. Going to make a custom one for stranger things also. Now just need to call FedEx and see what happened to my game. Still in California.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you still have that link to the skull? Thanks

#8544 2 years ago

Well everyone else is posting their saga's. Well distributor has said the game is ready, but they have yet to send over a corrected invoice. So just waiting on them to tell us to pay for our game.

Hopefully we join everyone else soon.

#8545 2 years ago

Anyone have advice on audio settings for the stock speakers in the premium (frequency & gain settings, etc.)? Default settings sound good out of the box (to me) but just wondering if anyone has ideas on changes to the default settings that also sound good.

#8546 2 years ago

question, is it possible that the gargoyle by the crypt might be slightly hitting the glass?

Also, my VUK sometimes shoots high but when doing a crypt/shoot the ball mode with the centre button it seems to work ok, however, I am not sure if it is working correctly.

What is the correct behaviour for the vuk, and how do I adjust if it is shooting high? Do I need to change power in the settings?

#8547 2 years ago

Oh hey fellas

PXL_20210603_171004384.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_171004384.MP (resized).jpg
#8548 2 years ago

question, is it possible that the gargoyle by the crypt might be slightly hitting the glass?
Also, my VUK sometimes shoots high but when doing a crypt/shoot the ball mode with the centre button it seems to work ok, however, I am not sure if it is working correctly.
What is the correct behaviour for the vuk, and how do I adjust if it is shooting high? Do I need to change power in the settings?

All the gargoyles should be able to hit the glass. It is a design feature. The VUK can be adjusted power wise. A properly working VUK should rocket across the playfield and hit the same target every time. If the shot is high and the power tweak doesn’t work you can bend down the exit flap on the VUK a bit.

#8549 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

All the gargoyles should be able to hit the glass. It is a design feature. The VUK can be adjusted power wise. A properly working VUK should rocket across the playfield and hit the same target every time. If the shot is high and the power tweak doesn’t work you can bend down the exit flap on the VUK a bit.

ok good to know! yes I was just looking at the gargoyles, it is my favourite little gizmo of the game, mind you, all the toys are probably the best I have seen on a Stern. Really like this game, even though I don't care too much about the theme, it is a really fun pin, great callouts and code is excellent.

#8550 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Anyone have advice on audio settings for the stock speakers in the premium (frequency & gain settings, etc.)? Default settings sound good out of the box (to me) but just wondering if anyone has ideas on changes to the default settings that also sound good.

In utilities, under volume, set the equalizer in a gradual V shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.