IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 362.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I bet the solution will be to shorten the wall on the left side of the cutout.

So you're saying the bottom left part of that wall should just GO AWAY ? (Just like it says on that wall.)

#802 4 years ago

Well I guess either Stern or Cliff will protect us. My bet is Cliff’s solution would be better.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So you're saying the bottom left part of that wall should just GO AWAY ?

I wouldn't be surprised. It is the cheapest solution.

#804 4 years ago

I would reach out to Stern to verify if they haven’t already fixed it.

Mine was built oct 22 and jfh was in Nov. I think they might have already modified that plastic.
I know it’s a crappy pic but I don’t feel like tearing apart my ramp for no reason.

Mine is not broken and it looks like that bottom section is already removed.
3D09449B-005E-4184-917D-26029FAC191E.jpeg3D09449B-005E-4184-917D-26029FAC191E.jpeg

0478FFE8-4D11-40BD-B507-B8FDC10C6F64 (resized).jpeg0478FFE8-4D11-40BD-B507-B8FDC10C6F64 (resized).jpeg
#805 4 years ago

I agree with one pinsider asked ?
For $9500 how about some nice score cards ?

CGC has them ?
CGC builds the best toppers ????

Come on Gary get with it

#806 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Mine was built oct 22 and jfh was in Nov. I think they might have already modified that plastic.
I know it’s a crappy pic but I don’t feel like tearing apart my ramp for no reason.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll take a look tomorrow and see what’s on my game. But I’ll still get with Stern to verify, get the replacement part number and see if there is a list of production changes.

#807 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It looks like they not only took off the left part hanging down, but part of the plastic that was above the bottom notch. It appears like no lower brick pattern except on the far right side.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I can’t tell if my plastic is modified or not and couldn’t get any pics that helped. I’d have to take the left ramp off to verify.

I’ve got another issue that’s holding me back - the Start button function isn’t working (the lights are). Annoyingly, I can’t find a piece of wire to test it by shorting the terminals. Hope the cabinet node board isn’t bad.

(I spoke to Chas today but forgot to ask about the house plastic)

316E062E-6D27-4A3A-B341-C5147D64C04F (resized).jpeg316E062E-6D27-4A3A-B341-C5147D64C04F (resized).jpeg7B3712F5-4D8A-4DFE-9605-837601C65BB7 (resized).jpeg7B3712F5-4D8A-4DFE-9605-837601C65BB7 (resized).jpeg89B00F8D-951E-4771-8CC6-0A33795C39E6 (resized).jpeg89B00F8D-951E-4771-8CC6-0A33795C39E6 (resized).jpeg8B35EE71-7EAC-4481-9441-A7223862BD5F (resized).jpeg8B35EE71-7EAC-4481-9441-A7223862BD5F (resized).jpegF569F000-3242-4658-B533-5D7B26C52014 (resized).jpegF569F000-3242-4658-B533-5D7B26C52014 (resized).jpegFFA56D4A-7299-4183-9AA3-B902B5DB84BA (resized).jpegFFA56D4A-7299-4183-9AA3-B902B5DB84BA (resized).jpeg
#809 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So you're saying the bottom left part of that wall should just GO AWAY ? (Just like it says on that wall.)

Certainly seems like the best solution especially since you can’t even see it. Too bad mine still has it. It’s going to break sometime it seems. Whenever the ball rockets above the orbit under that part of the house.

#810 4 years ago

I got my LE today. I couldn’t help but notice that you cannot properly seat the playfield into the cabinet because of the plastic pieces on the back left and right. The front hooks are loosely resting on the lock bar because of this. The game plays fine, but I suspect that once the rumble is more present this could cause unnecessary damage.

Has anyone experienced this?

B8E5D55D-2A39-4993-8686-EAC8FE5ACC18 (resized).jpegB8E5D55D-2A39-4993-8686-EAC8FE5ACC18 (resized).jpeg
#811 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I got my LE today. I couldn’t help but notice that you cannot properly seat the playfield into the cabinet because of the plastic pieces on the back left and right. The front hooks are loosely resting on the lock bar because of this. The game plays fine, but I suspect that once the rumble is more present this could cause unnecessary damage.
Has anyone experienced this?[quoted image]

I didn’t notice the plastic pieces and my front hooks sit firmly in the lock bar.

I did notice that the playfield can come off the support rails easily though - no catch/lock mech any more. Watching the playfield fall into the cabinet was t fun. Took two people to get it out

#812 4 years ago

Just got the call for my Premium delivery on Friday! What an awesome way to start the weekend! They said from 12 - 6pm. I hope it comes right at noon and I will take the rest of the day off.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

They said from 12 - 6pm. I hope it comes right at noon and I will take the rest of the day off.

GUARANTEED it will come at 5:55pm

#814 4 years ago

Update on the 545-1129-04 Go away plastic piece.

Spoke to Pablo at Stern. That plastic was supposed to have the bottom left piece lasered off so the right tab essentially formed an L so a plastic with both the left and right brick tabs is incorrect. This wasn’t something that was explicitly corrected in production but was a problem with some of the plastics used to build the house assemblies (i.e. there isn’t a new or replacement part number). [Note that parts does not have any of these in stock]

Attached is a picture of the portion of the plastic that was/was supposed to be trimmed away or “missing”. I won’t be able to verify that I have the correct version until I take the left ramp off to install my playfield protector (which won’t happen for a few weeks).

It appears that if you have the trimmed version of the plastic a Cliffy type protector isn’t needed.
702B6945-9D38-407C-8EEC-0968710576DF (resized).jpeg702B6945-9D38-407C-8EEC-0968710576DF (resized).jpeg

#815 4 years ago

That’s interesting. Well I’m part of the “Go Away” long wall club. That is way better than the common “Go Away” short wall club. If it was a Twilight Zone it would be worth thousands more now.

#816 4 years ago

I’m part of the long wall club. That is way better than the common short wall club.

Why is it that guys always seem to brag about length?

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t notice the plastic pieces and my front hooks sit firmly in the lock bar.
I did notice that the playfield can come off the support rails easily though - no catch/lock mech any more. Watching the playfield fall into the cabinet was t fun. Took two people to get it out

Yeah, I hear you on that! I've been lucky to keep my recent Sterns on the rails...but I could see someone making that mistake. I am 100% certain that the plastic in the back corner will eventually break as it is literally pushed down by those side bars.

#818 4 years ago

Anyone have any issues with the trunk getting stuck and not closing properly? Getting hung up as it tries to close. Have to reseat it every time.

Tried to tighten up screws to no avail, bend out the metal lip?

Also, on Dead head crypt, how do you start those modes? I've done it before not noticing it now when i try and i can't seem to start it. Not sure the Head is registering hits although it does make a sound.

#819 4 years ago

Somewhere in here or the discussion thread had something on that lid. Something to do with that spring. I think.

The crypt I’m familiar with. Optically registers hits, then you should hear the motor run and the crypt change over to skull. After 3 hits on that it should open.
Are those sequences happening?

Quoted from iceman44:

Anyone have any issues with the trunk getting stuck and not closing properly? Getting hung up as it tries to close. Have to reseat it every time.
Tried to tighten up screws to no avail, bend out the metal lip?
Also, on Dead head crypt, how do you start those modes? I've done it before not noticing it now when i try and i can't seem to start it. Not sure the Head is registering hits although it does make a sound.

#820 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Somewhere in here or the discussion thread had something on that lid. Something to do with that spring. I think.
The crypt I’m familiar with. Optically registers hits, then you should hear the motor run and the crypt change over to skull. After 3 hits on that it should open.
Are those sequences happening?

Got her back up and running thanks.

The screw was loose on trunk and had to work to get it to stick tight finally! Works like a charm now.

Not sure if that was messing up the Dead Head crypt shot sequence too because that is back working now. Loving it, blast to play!

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got her back up and running thanks.
The screw was loose on trunk and had to work to get it to stick tight finally! Works like a charm now.
Not sure if that was messing up the Dead Head crypt shot sequence too because that is back working now. Loving it, blast to play!

This is weird, I just came here to post the same thing about the crypt. The switch registers, but after the .84 update it never actually opens. I just unboxed my game yesterday and patched it toward the end of last night.

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why is it that guys always seem to brag about length?

Ummm, no reason at all I can think of. Speak softly but carry a big stick.

#823 4 years ago

Just curious... How many of you guys had the right ramps metal protector come loose. It's happened to me 2 times. Not a big deal to get it back on and tighten it. Just curious if anyone has any pointers on keeping that locked down.

Just stinks that I got to stop play and put it back on as I don't want to risk breaking my ramp.

#824 4 years ago

Some cool flipper toppers!!! Amazing detail. Hand made. Look good on Elvira!!! One set left on Etsy!

6964DC61-29DB-4B46-B520-C8A55CCBF147 (resized).jpeg6964DC61-29DB-4B46-B520-C8A55CCBF147 (resized).jpeg949CA263-FD31-4F6F-B6E9-65D4FB47F5E0 (resized).jpeg949CA263-FD31-4F6F-B6E9-65D4FB47F5E0 (resized).jpegEE0AF904-B359-4009-8F6D-487299319068 (resized).jpegEE0AF904-B359-4009-8F6D-487299319068 (resized).jpeg
#825 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Some cool flipper toppers!!! Amazing detail. Hand made. Look good on Elvira!!! One set left on Etsy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s bad ass.

#826 4 years ago

Has anyone been able to make the back door skill shot and/or make it repeatedly?

I haven’t tested the opto itself but also don’t know what is supposed to happen with the shot.

#827 4 years ago

For those of you who that own this, how are you liking it so far? My initial impression was liked this better than jp.

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone been able to make the back door skill shot and/or make it repeatedly?

I struggled to make that shot when I played it at expo. Its definately challenging but is doable every once in a while. I like harder skill shots like that a lot more than the "hit the lit rollover" type.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I struggled to make that shot when I played it at expo. Its definately challenging but is doable every once in a while. I like harder skill shots like that a lot more than the "hit the lit rollover" type.

What exactly is the shot? Is it just break the opto beam?

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I haven’t tested the opto itself but also don’t know what is supposed to happen with the shot.

On a side to side level game it is almost impossible to make. To make the shot you literally need to raise the back left corner a bit. I don’t mind it being super tough. The Secret Passage shot in Scared Stiff is also verrryyyyy hard. I did do one small tweak to make the shot possible on my game. When I had my left ramp out I added a double layer of Mylar along the back orbit. The ridge of the Mylar runs directly to the back door. In theory, a slow moving ball could catch the edge of the Mylar and be redirected to the back door hole. It hasn’t happen yet but I haven’t played it much since adding the Mylar. To date, I haven’t hit the shot in game play.

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

For those of you who that own this, how are you liking it so far? My initial impression was liked this better than jp.

It is hard to say. If you are a Stern fan you might like JP better but if you’re a Bally fan (like me) Elvira is the superior machine. Elvira feels like a classic Bally title all the way.

#832 4 years ago

Elvira feels like a classic Bally title all the way.

This.

I’m still trying to get my game tuned and haven’t played that many games on it yet, but there seems to be a lot more to it that initially meets the eye.

#833 4 years ago

I second this comment. Impossible on a level game. Even tried with the glass off putting there by hand. I Couldn’t. Left leg a bit up, goes in. However I experienced another issue with that. The Ball can get stuck just behind the edge of the left side of house. ill keep messing with the adjustments.

My biggest issue thus far has been keeping these optics aligned. I want to put this game on site, but it isn’t testing out well yet. I’m losing patience.

On a side to side level game it is almost impossible to make. To make the shot you literally need to raise the back left corner a bit. I don’t mind it being super tough. The Secret Passage shot in Scared Stiff is also verrryyyyy hard. I did do one small tweak to make the shot possible on my game. When I had my left ramp out I added a double layer of Mylar along the back orbit. The ridge of the Mylar runs directly to the back door. In theory, a slow moving ball could catch the edge of the Mylar and be redirected to the back door hole. It hasn’t happen yet but I haven’t played it much since adding the Mylar. To date, I haven’t hit the shot in game play.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

My biggest issue thus far has been keeping these optics aligned.

Which ones are you having problems with? Are you finding they become misaligned after you align them?

As far as I can tell, mine are all working so I presume they are aligned.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I've given up. I've yet to hit it and I've stopped trying. I actually generally pride myself in hitting skill shots and I do a pretty good job on average... Just this skill shot is not worth it and too hard.

The scared stiff one was hard... But, I've made that a few times on less games... But, the cool thing about scared stiff you can get both the skill shot and a crate hit if you do it just right... I think there is a minor grace period for it... Because, I just aim for the crate on scared stiff and I know I've gotten both off the same plunge.

But, with this game... Not worth it. I plunge softly... Get a nice free shot most of the time to the ball lock drop target... Safest way to take those out.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

This is weird, I just came here to post the same thing about the crypt. The switch registers, but after the .84 update it never actually opens. I just unboxed my game yesterday and patched it toward the end of last night.

Did you get it working?

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I find it more fun to play then SJP. But take that with a grain of salt because lately I prefer a fan layout over the 3 or 4 flipper layouts.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've given up. I've yet to hit it and I've stopped trying. I actually generally pride myself in hitting skill shots and I do a pretty good job on average... Just this skill shot is not worth it and too hard.
The scared stiff one was hard... But, I've made that a few times on less games... But, the cool thing about scared stiff you can get both the skill shot and a crate hit if you do it just right... I think there is a minor grace period for it... Because, I just aim for the crate on scared stiff and I know I've gotten both off the same plunge.
But, with this game... Not worth it. I plunge softly... Get a nice free shot most of the time to the ball lock drop target... Safest way to take those out.

I’m talking “The Secret Passage” Skill shot done from the right flipper. Most people that don’t own the game don’t even know about it. It instantly awards a mode as completed. Super hard to do. It is totally hidden much like Elvira’s back door.

#839 4 years ago

I’m talking “The Secret Passage” Skill shot done from the right flipper. Most people that don’t own the game don’t even know about it. It instantly awards a mode as completed. Super hard to do. It is totally hidden much like Elvira’s back door.

Ohhhh... that shot....
No... I actually was not aware that it was a skill shot.
I was told it wasn't, earlier in the feed... If it is... I'm going to go for it now.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ohhhh... that shot....
No... I actually was not aware that it was a skill shot.
I was told it wasn't, earlier in the feed... If it is... I'm going to go for it now.
Thanks for the heads up!!!

It’s a skill shot but no amount of skill seems to help. Just dumb luck.

#841 4 years ago

It’s a skill shot but no amount of skill seems to help. Just dumb luck.

Is there a video or callout associated to the shot?

If so, what is it?

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Is there a video or callout associated to the shot?
If so, what is it?

I think Tim just says “Secret Passage” with unique music. Can’t remember if there is a graphic that goes along with it.

#843 4 years ago

The Secret Passage on Scared Stiff isn't a skill shot. Any time you get the "Secret Passage" shot, it awards you a completed mode. Skill Shots have to be done within a short time of plunging the ball.

#844 4 years ago

I think Tim just says “Secret Passage” with unique music. Can’t remember if there is a graphic that goes along with it.

It should be Elvira like... Hey, watch it buster... Don't get so fresh...
So always knew you preferred the back door to the front... Which is a bit of a bacall-esque callout.

#845 4 years ago

.87 update just posted

V0.87.0 - Nov. 21, 2019
=======================

- Reworked JUNK IN THE TRUNK MULTIBALL:
- Jackpots are lit at the start of the multiball; the player no longer
has to hit the 36-24-36 targets to light the jackpot(s).
- Hitting 36-24-36 moves the jackpots and lights the trunk for super
jackpot and +1 trunk item.
- Hitting 36-24-36 adds to the value of the super jackpot.
- Added effects, sounds, and speech.
- Fixed a problem with the credits display in the main interface. The
display would show "30INVALID" instead of "30 (MAX)" when the game had
the maximum number of credits (30) posted. This has been corrected.
- Added sounds/music/speech for HIGH SCORE TO DATE.
- Added sounds for the start button when a game is started and when a
player is added. Added speech for additional players.
- Extra ball was being awarded immediately after being lit for completing
the second (adjustable) haunt. This has been corrected.
- Completing a haunt would not always attempt to hold the ball in the back
of this house. This has been corrected.
- Defeating the PHASE 2 deadhead now lights extra ball.
- Fixed an issue where starting multiball would cause balls to be released
from devices that they should not be release from; i.e. starting WILD
WOMEN MULTIBALL with 3 balls in the garage would release balls locked
in the trunk. This has been corrected.
- Reworked the timings for ignoring the house ramp opto after being
triggered for an award. This helps reduce multiple awards when the
ball does not make it all the way up the ramp.
- Fixed animations in the main interface for the JUNK IN THE TRUNK items
so the items collected by each player are displayed properly.
- Added 48V missing alerts to game-specific tests.
- Added SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS (HAUNT). This is started from
the locked room (right-most window in the house).
- Collecting a skeleton key (one of the junk items) now unlocks the locked
room.
- Added more variety to the speech for NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.
- Some multiballs were not delaying the kick from the trough. This has
been corrected.
- Completing a haunt now plays audio for movie clips before Elvira begins
speaking. (This is only relevant for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE and SANTA
CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS.)
- Lowered the default number of film clips to complete a HAUNT.
- Increased the default number of film clips to complete a HAUNT for
competition mode.
- TRUNK MULTIBALL is no longer allowed to be started during GARAGE
MULTIBALL, and vice versa.
- The spinner is allowed to continue spinning when the ball is in the
trough waiting for BONUS to run.
- The 36-24-36 targets are now reset after a ball is locked in the trunk
and after JUNK IN THE TRUNK MULTIBALL has ended.
- The BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT would not be awarded if the left loop switch
was triggered before the ball fell into the BACK DOOR. This has been
corrected.
- Tightened up ADD/SET valid switches. Spinner and orbits/lanes are SET.
Spinner holds off end of ball processing while it is operating.
- Most HAUNT START effects hold up the kick from the CELLAR due to HAUNTS
starting from the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT.
- Added speech for the BACK DOOR SKILL SHOT.
- Under certain circumstances, THE MANSTER HAUNT was not able to be
completed. This has been corrected.

#846 4 years ago

Nice list of fixes and additions!

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The Secret Passage on Scared Stiff isn't a skill shot. Any time you get the "Secret Passage" shot, it awards you a completed mode. Skill Shots have to be done within a short time of plunging the ball.

True but something that unique needs to be cut some slack. It is likely the hardest one switch to trigger in any game. It is always available just teasing you off in the distance.

#849 4 years ago

Checking in on how many Premium guys have heard about shipping yet. Nothing here yet, anxiously awaiting

#850 4 years ago

TRUNK MULTIBALL is no longer allowed to be started during GARAGE
MULTIBALL, and vice versa.

I'm not happy about that change.
I don't think you should be able to stack trunk with garage. But, I do think you should be able to stack garage with trunk. I think that makes the game a bit cooler for strategy.
But, I do like most of these changes.
But, I really thought it was cool that you could stack the mbs... But, I never could stack the trunk with garage if trunk was started first. Didn't work that way. And like I said I don't think it should...
It just means that its easier to take mbs into a mode with you. As you don't have to worry about them stacking. Which I think could make it easier to get to house party mb.

Still, I think they need to fix attick attack mb audio start... That should be an easy fix. Its just lacking audio...

But, I am griping.
This is an amazing list. Super glad its been updated. Going to update first thing when I get home tomorrow. Fun, fun times ahead. I would update tonight. But, Thursdays are my new comic release night. So I have to publish and then advertise my newest comic... But, some things are worth waiting for. Can't wait to update and play this bad mamma jammer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

18,500 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.