EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 362.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought about ordering a set but my concern was that they would interfere with the cool lighting effects on the house when it looks like the house is moving. Do you see any degradation of that effect at all?

Not at 20 percent plus all the gi lights dim at key times with the house and the crypt so no effect there because they turn off. I really like it at 20 I’ll have it at 100 on my JP I’m sure but totally different pin.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I put Pinstadium Omegas in my Elvira LE tonight.

Personally that's way too bright for me.

If I decide it's too dark at some point, I'll do something similar to what I did on Munsters and add a few strategically placed spots.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/94#post-5050593

BEFOREBEFORE

AFTERAFTER

#753 4 years ago

What a fun way to start the weekend! Welcome to my home Elvira

20191116_015442 (resized).jpg20191116_015442 (resized).jpg
#754 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Had a weird glitch just now. Got to trailer trash for only the second time. It played a video right at the start with Elvira with bats in the beginning. She talked about 15-20 seconds but there was no sound on the entire clip. Never saw that clip before. Wondering if my machine just didn’t play that clip right this one time or if there is a bug in the code. Anyone else have this issue? Otherwise played flawlessly.

you're good. code isn't there yet. I get the same small video clip at the bottom left without any sound.

#755 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

you're good. code isn't there yet. I get the same small video clip at the bottom left without any sound.

Sounds like the code has a long ways to go.

#756 4 years ago

You guys diggin this game? I haven’t played it but I love the theme. Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE and getting a premium. Thoughts?

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You guys diggin this game? I haven’t played it but I love the theme. Thinking about selling my Dialed In LE and getting a premium. Thoughts?

I played a number of games on a Premium at Expo. I liked how it played.

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Personally that's way too bright for me.
If I decide it's too dark at some point, I'll do something similar to what I did on Munsters and add a few strategically placed spots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/94#post-5050593
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It’s all personal taste. I like some games darker than others. Some people like them all bright and some hate pinstadiums. Everyone should do what works for them. My game room has recessed lights. One is directly over my AFMR so I don’t need any pinstadiums on that and I put that machine there on purpose. I have Pingraffix powerblades on it and they would be pointless with pinstadiums. My JP sits nowhere near a light and is pretty dark. I’m putting pinstadiums in that one and will set it much brighter.

#759 4 years ago

The game shoots great. Super cool theme! I have both Dialed in and Elvira and think both are good. I would give the edge to Elvira based on theme! Code will only get better with Lyman programming the game.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I absolutely love my Elvira HOH. The mechs are much cooler than typical and it shoots super fun. I play that machine more than any one right now. I would say my three favorite are POTC, JP and Elvira.

#761 4 years ago

The deadheads are really cool also. The pool floaties were removed in the first code update.

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sounds like the code has a long ways to go.

Well they will definitely add a lot more, some targets not even programmed yet, but that’s likely just a glitch. They will fix it. Has happened in most recent pins.

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would be interested in the dialed-in LE if you do....

#764 4 years ago

Got it downstairs from the garage! (Not an easy task at my house). But no time to set it up today

Will set up and check it out and then move it into the arcade by EATPM and SS.

For those keeping track, my date of manufacture was 11/1/19.

139B6898-D6EE-463E-8955-6E8630495388 (resized).jpeg139B6898-D6EE-463E-8955-6E8630495388 (resized).jpeg79D03862-60F9-42C8-8D17-C743A0B1F28D (resized).jpeg79D03862-60F9-42C8-8D17-C743A0B1F28D (resized).jpegB15B179F-0A2E-4A28-882D-FED588938EC0 (resized).jpegB15B179F-0A2E-4A28-882D-FED588938EC0 (resized).jpegB6C3D61B-5F45-4185-AD9B-EA63A53EDA1A (resized).jpegB6C3D61B-5F45-4185-AD9B-EA63A53EDA1A (resized).jpeg

#765 4 years ago

Very fun game so far with a ton of potential that I'm sure Lyman will take full advantage of. Fun shots, entertaining, beautiful!
Clearly code is early as the headphone adapter isn't even functional yet nor is it in the adjustments menu.
So much more to come and really looking forward to it!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Clearly code is early as the headphone adapter isn't even functional yet nor is it in the adjustments menu.
So much more to come and really looking forward to it!

What headphone adapter?

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What headphone adapter?

This one. I have them on all my Stern Spike2 games. When it's programmed into the game, you can control the volume of the headphones or the cabinet speakers if you don't have a headset plugged in.

20191116_182605 (resized).jpg20191116_182605 (resized).jpg
#768 4 years ago

Ah. Ok. Then I presume my Pinnovators PinPAC4 won’t work yet either.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Here’s the piece that broke on my house. See above for exact location.[quoted image]

damn that's prolly exactly that broken plastic came from on my game.
I didn't look behind the house, that's unfortunate.

#770 4 years ago

The house is sounding more fragile than I expected. These are plastic pieces that are breaking though not metal is that right? Someone will have to create acrylic protectors for that side of the house. Anyone working on anything?

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The house is sounding more fragile than I expected. These are plastic pieces that are breaking though not metal is that right? Someone will have to create acrylic protectors for that side of the house. Anyone working on anything?

Ive only heard of one instance of this happening so i wouldn't consider it an epidemic but if demand arises i can work on something with my partner

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I've only heard of one instance of this happening but if demand arises I can work on something with my partner.

So far at least three people have had their house break in the same place:

Quoted from hocuslocus:

I found a big chunk of broken plastic... not from my game.

One of the walls of my house broke. Left wall behind the drop target. I guess it happened from the ball going around that sharp turn at a high speed and smashed right into it. You can't notice the damage unless you look closely, as it's hidden by the left ramp.

Quoted from hocuslocus:

Damn. That's exactly the broken plastic that came from on my game. I didn't look behind the house.

Here’s a picture of the piece that broke on my house (see below).

Quoted from Diospinball:

My house broke on the first day I owned it at pretty much that exact place. Not quite the same break, but same plastic.
Stern replaced the plastic, but I will never put it in. I'll just keep it with my spare parts for now.

broken plastic (resized).jpegbroken plastic (resized).jpeg

Quoted from lasermel:

I found the same bottom left edge of the house plastic in my machine. There's a gate underneath that swings up and hits it.

Better change that to at least four people have had their house break there.

#773 4 years ago

Anyone ever get this message? Doesn't happen all the time, but it's concerning. Checked all my connections/plugs and they all seem ok.
20191116_154335 (resized).jpg20191116_154335 (resized).jpg

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Anyone ever get this message? Doesn't happen all the time, but it's concerning. Checked all my connections/plugs and they all seem ok.
[quoted image]

Are you getting this with the coin door open? If so, it’s because the interlock switch isn’t engaged.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So far at least three people have had their house break in the same place:

[quoted image]

I thought I might as well share the image of my broken plastic.
I also want to say Stern was very prompt and easy to work with to get the part replaced... And as I said before... No... I will not be replacing it. It will go into the parts group for this machine. And I will only replace if the plastic completely breaks. And if I ever sell the machine I'll include the plastic for it in the sale... But, I have no intention of selling any machine EVER... I want to HOARD them all!!!!!!

Broken Plastic for Elvira (resized).jpgBroken Plastic for Elvira (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you getting this with the coin door open? If so, it’s because the interlock switch isn’t engaged.

Yea, that was it. Geeeezzz.. I wasn't thinking. Thanks!

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I thought I might as well share the image of my broken plastic.
I also want to say Stern was very prompt and easy to work with to get the part replaced... And as I said before... No... I will not be replacing it. It will go into the parts group for this machine. And I will only replace if the plastic completely breaks. And if I ever sell the machine I'll include the plastic for it in the sale... But, I have no intention of selling any machine EVER... I want to HOARD them all!!!!!![quoted image]

I found the same little piece of plastic in my machine. The bottom left edge of the left side house plastic. There's a gate underneath that swings up and hits it.
Fortunately it's impossible to see from the front, but I'll still ask Stern for a replacement and cut a clean area from the new part so it can't be hit by the gate.

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Just received #11 SLE.
Great pin. No issues so far.
Wasnt going to get it but traded a Munsters plus cash on my end.
Elvira is a much better pin than Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you get those trees? they look great

#779 4 years ago

Did any LE owners get the price card replacement shown in the release photos? I just got the standard ugly ones.

A7ADA4DB-8100-4391-8B3F-4EAE58601990 (resized).jpegA7ADA4DB-8100-4391-8B3F-4EAE58601990 (resized).jpegB0DA8267-81E7-4AA9-B165-8D15831A6D2D (resized).jpegB0DA8267-81E7-4AA9-B165-8D15831A6D2D (resized).jpeg
#780 4 years ago

Forgot to mention my game, manufactured 11/1/19, came with 0.86 code installed. Seems they are getting code to the line faster.

#781 4 years ago

We all got the ugly yellow price card. I’d love to get the pre-release house photo card instead.

#782 4 years ago

I can make a protector but i really dont wanna tear my house apart. Anyone mind.sending me their spare plastic and ill send them a protector back with it in return?

#783 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I can make a protector but i really dont wanna tear my house apart. Anyone mind.sending me their spare plastic and ill send them a protector back with it in return?

I think you might just need to take yours apart to ensure fit anyway. The fatal blow seems to be coming from within the house. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

We all got the ugly yellow price card. I’d love to get the pre-release house photo card instead.

It really is ridiculous that for $9,500 you don’t even get a quality home use apron card. Simple things that cost them next to nothing that they could do that would make their customers really happy. That and changing out that horrible jet like fan in the power supply.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

I found the same little piece of plastic in my machine. The bottom left edge of the left side house plastic. There's a gate underneath that swings up and hits it.
Fortunately it's impossible to see from the front, but I'll still ask Stern for a replacement and cut a clean area from the new part so it can't be hit by the gate.

I WILL say that ever since that plastic piece broke off the house, I get WAY LESS rejects from that shot behind the drop target!!!

#786 4 years ago

Any updates on Premiums shipping?

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I've not heard anything yet...

#788 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I was hoping for lots of Premium box posts by now.... but crickets on most things Elvira right now. The calm before the Premium storm.

#789 4 years ago

Wondering if the reports about cracked house pieces will delay production.

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Better change that to at least four people have had their house break there.

Make that at least five. After reading this thread, I thought I'd go take a peek at my machine. Sure enough, there's a large crack on the side of the house, with the plastic protruding out about a 1/4" - not yet broken off - but certainly will happen over the next game or three. Uggghh.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wondering if the reports about cracked house pieces will delay production.

Personally, if that's the case, I don't mind the delay. I'd rather most of the kinks be worked out by receiving if possible.

#792 4 years ago

Well my "Go Away" wall will never break. I'm kind of dangerous when I have time off from my real job. I took out my left ramp, which is fairly easy (5 screws and 3 connectors on the plastic part and 4 screws 2 connectors on the metal part). The wall comes of really easy after that. I used my good wall to trace out my protector on a piece of stainless I had in the shop. Out came the dremel, the grinder and the drill. I channeled my inner Cliffy and now have a perfect protector.
20191118_144427 (resized).jpg20191118_144427 (resized).jpg20191118_135043 (resized).jpg20191118_135043 (resized).jpg20191118_144419 (resized).jpg20191118_144419 (resized).jpg20191118_145613 (resized).jpg20191118_145613 (resized).jpg

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ah. Ok. Then I presume my Pinnovators PinPAC4 won’t work yet either.

Hello! Our PinPAC 4 Headphone Kit will work with Elvira as we tap off the speaker. Our headphone kits work independently of the machine's code.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

~Sandra

P.S. Here is the link if anyone is interested https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I'm kind of dangerous when I have time off from my real job.

Great job on the protector, but this was my favorite part of your post.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Well my "Go Away" wall will never break. I'm kind of dangerous when I have time off from my real job. I took out my left ramp, which is fairly easy (5 screws and 3 connectors on the plastic part and 4 screws 2 connectors on the metal part). The wall comes of really easy after that. I used my good wall to trace out my protector on a piece of stainless I had in shop. Out came the dremel, the grinder and the drill. I channeled my inner Cliffy and now have a perfect protector.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Job! Please be more dangerous and make these for sale! You got one customer lined up already and I’m betting a bunch more right behind me. I was first guys...

#796 4 years ago

Heard from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op that he’s not able to mass produce. I’ve reached out to Cliff to see if this is something he would consider making.

#797 4 years ago

I sense a house repair in my future. Cliff come to the rescue! I bet they are making a fix at the factory now and that is why premiums are delayed. It’s a good thing like Rob said though for them to delay and fix it now. So what do you think is causing the damage? A hard shot to the garage that raises above the orbit?

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Heard from mad_dog_coin_op that he’s not able to mass produce. I’ve reached out to Cliff to see if this is something he would consider making.

I'm willing and able but obviously not if stern is going to make it themselves. That would be foolish on my part Fool me once, shame on them- fool me twice, shame on me

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

I'm willing and able but obviously not if stern is going to make it themselves. That would be foolish on my part Fool me once, shame on them- fool me twice, shame on me

I’ll reach out to Stern tomorrow and see if this is on their radar.

#800 4 years ago

If Stern is working on a fix I bet the solution will be to shorten the wall on the left side of the cutout. It is really the only thing that can be struck. Everything else is already protected by the metal mounting plate.

20191118_175043 (resized).jpg20191118_175043 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/16?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.