IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 362.
#8351 2 years ago

I ordered mine/placed a deposit back in November... JJ from Game Exchange of Colorado has been the best to work with... his company basically ate the ridiculous Stern up fee after I paid my deposit (had to agree to some VERY fair stipulations) long post made longer my EHOH arrives on Friday...can't wait.

#8352 2 years ago

So work got an invoice dated from December, for an amount greater than what was quoted back in I believe February. Trying to contact the distributor, and no response.

So maybe we have a game? Not going to pay until we know what's up.

#8353 2 years ago

We just picked up our game! May 12 build date. Heading home with her now.

16220654525027539414489557051978 (resized).jpg16220654525027539414489557051978 (resized).jpg
#8354 2 years ago

Elvira b&w (resized).jpgElvira b&w (resized).jpg
Oooh! I see you got one of the first Elvira black & white premiums from the new run!

#8355 2 years ago

Picked mine up today. Box was a mess. Game was in perfect condition. Might need to use a different shipping company next time.

D8C235BA-CE75-460F-9910-87CDE71952B2 (resized).jpegD8C235BA-CE75-460F-9910-87CDE71952B2 (resized).jpeg
#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

Love this game.
[quoted image]

Yours has the black rubber cushions too.

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Picked mine up today. Box was a mess. Game was in perfect condition. Might need to use a different shipping company next time.
[quoted image]

Holy lord. The game is...fine??? That’s so lucky. That box was treated very badly.

#8358 2 years ago

Just got done putting on my new art blades. They look great!

05424539-A8E6-46B1-A2DE-B3717D1CC4F7 (resized).jpeg05424539-A8E6-46B1-A2DE-B3717D1CC4F7 (resized).jpeg64A51651-28DF-465E-8CF8-7E09B73193F1 (resized).jpeg64A51651-28DF-465E-8CF8-7E09B73193F1 (resized).jpeg
#8359 2 years ago

Long have I waited to be a member. Now my 3 favorite Stern games have assembled. The prophecy is fulfilled.

20210526_182721 (resized).jpg20210526_182721 (resized).jpg
#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

Long have I waited to be a member. Now my 3 favorite Stern games have assembled. The prophecy is fulfilled.
[quoted image]

That is a nice trifecta

#8361 2 years ago

Does anyone have premium glass on their machine? Any problems with the gargoyles hitting the glass and damaging the anti-glare coating?

#8362 2 years ago

Not a problem. Its supposed to just like in scared stiff

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

[quoted image]

What in the actual hell happened?!! I can’t believe it was not damaged. I would have cried if I saw that.

#8364 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

I ordered mine/placed a deposit back in November... JJ from Game Exchange of Colorado has been the best to work with... his company basically ate the ridiculous Stern up fee after I paid my deposit (had to agree to some VERY fair stipulations) long post made longer my EHOH arrives on Friday...can't wait.

I bought my Stranger Things pro from them and will buy from again. Congrats and that’s awesome they ate the $500 mark up.

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So work got an invoice dated from December, for an amount greater than what was quoted back in I believe February. Trying to contact the distributor, and no response.
So maybe we have a game? Not going to pay until we know what's up.

So even higher than the initial $500 mark up?? That’s messed up.

#8366 2 years ago

Mine not in the recent shipment to my distributor as I was hoping. I have been told another month or so. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer but looks like early July maybe… hopefully.

#8367 2 years ago

I have the game perfectly level with the bubble on the shooter lane, and side to side using another level.

For sure leveling is not a issue.

I either have a lemon, or this game is actually haunted.

Averaging 8 ball searches a game.

SDTM stuff so bad that I reset the ball save from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. (I have never done that, but this game is possessed).

Briefly it was fun.

Anyway, I am not great at issues like this game is having.

If you are in my area, and you think you can easily fix this game, I will gladly give you $100.00 if you can get this game to work correctly.

It also auto plunges at random, so if you are not there and ready when it is your turn, you may be SOL.

The worst area is called the attic? The target works fine, but then the ball gets lost in that area.

It also gives some random points, but not too many. (but that is the least of the issues).

Frustrated, but happy.

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have the game perfectly level with the bubble on the shooter lane, and side to side using another level.
SDTM stuff so bad that I reset the ball save from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. (I have never done that, but this game is possessed).
Briefly it was fun.
If you are in my area, and you think you can easily fix this game, I will gladly give you $100.00 if you can get this game to work correctly.
It also auto plunges at random, so if you are not there and ready when it is your turn, you may be SOL.
The worst area is called the attic? The target works fine, but then the ball gets lost in that area.
It also gives some random points, but not too many. (but that is the least of the issues).
Frustrated, but happy.

Having alot of the same issues. Taking a break until this weekend to work it out.

#8369 2 years ago

Never use the built in bubble to level anything. Use an actual level on the playfield.

#8370 2 years ago

Briefly it was fun.
Frustrated, but happy.

In the settings you can shut off auto plunge. Also for pitch don’t trust the bubble. Get a level and put it on the playfield. Or if you have an level app you can use that to measure the degrees for the pitch of the game. You need to measure left to right level also.

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions (and photos) of the best side blades for this game. I'm not sure I like the Stern ones so leaning more towards these.... https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/coming-soon-elvira-house-of-horrors-le-gameblades
Any opinions greatly appreciated

I have the tilt graphics in mine look great IMO

#8372 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What in the actual hell happened?!! I can’t believe it was not damaged. I would have cried if I saw that.

I’m guessing the top of box got snagged on something and that something just cut above the game itself. One of the pallet straps was even broken. If it had been 2” lower the game would have been crushed!

#8373 2 years ago

In the settings you can shut off auto plunge.

It is shut off, and doing it anyway, randomly.

I think this game is truly haunted.

#8374 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

For what it’s worth mine (May 14 build) has been trouble free out of the box.

Its worth! This is good news! Im thinking maybe its something just prone to being upset by shipping and handling on occasion. Im curious about what kind of things takes care of the issues.

Hey cosmoConstant... lookin good! Those are the blades Om most digging on too.. though I gotta say im aweful curious as to what joe@pingraffix comes up with. If they are 300 bux worth of cool might just be tempted!

#8375 2 years ago

Here are my thoughts:

Every once in a while, I will have a ball exit the pop bumpers to the left and go SDTM, but it is rare. I think trying different pitches may be the thing here.

The only time it should auto plunge is on a ball save or if the game thinks the ball should not be in the shooter lane. I think you have switch issue.
I think you're actually referring to the garage. There are three opto switches in that area. I think at least one of them is operating improperly.

This is another clue to a switch issue.

Here's what I would do:

1. Remove glass; put game into switch test; bang on playfield to see if any switch(es) triggers. If so, I would make note of the switch(es) and check them. I would bet they're optos. Check to see if they are secure (not loose). Then clean them. I use a cotton swab dipped in glass cleaner or alcohol.

2. While still in switch test, roll a ball over every switch in the game to make sure they trigger. I bet you'll find an issue with the garage lock optos.

I thought I had an issue with the right ramp opto. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Sometimes it would register; sometimes it wouldn't. Once I thought I had it figured out, then it quit working again. I finally cleaned them and they started working perfectly.

They will not be easy to get to, but cleaning the optos is your best bet.

If I were any where close to you, I would be glad to try to help (and not take any money).

Hopefully your problems are just dirty optos.

Good luck!

#8376 2 years ago

Does anyone have the shooter lane protector in stock?

Quoted from CosmoConstant:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I really like those art blades more on it. I didn’t care for them at first, but looks great in your pics. Thanks for sharing and hopefully I get mine next week.

#8377 2 years ago

Looks great! I honestly didn’t like the factory art blades, but I am really digging them now. I was going to go with Tilt Graphics one and now I think I might get these instead. My Elvira hopefully will arrive next week. Should arrive at my distributor tomorrow in California.

#8378 2 years ago

Added the deluxe speaker kit tonight. What an awesome mod. Well worth the price. Dazzling light show and tons of modes. Speakerlightkits.com.

3542FDA1-142D-463A-BBF1-2CEB6AD84659 (resized).jpeg3542FDA1-142D-463A-BBF1-2CEB6AD84659 (resized).jpeg
#8379 2 years ago

A few things happened on the maiden voyage. Got a ball trapped behind the right sling during a multiball as both balls hit the sling. Assuming this is a one in a million thing.

The house 'rejects' shots. You make it, it'll trigger the mode, and roll back out of the front door. The game continues to play as normal with Elvira talking and the mode running. It's doing this maybe 15% of shots. Common?

If the ball dribbles out the left side of the pops it's going SDTM. There's no ball guide I can see to adjust so other than recognizing the situation and trying to bang it off one of the only rings on a post up there I don't see a 'fix'

I do so enjoy this game.

#8380 2 years ago

Looks great! I honestly didn’t like the factory art blades, but I am really digging them now. I was going to go with Tilt Graphics one and now I think I might get these instead. My Elvira hopefully will arrive next week. Should arrive at my distributor tomorrow in California.

I kept them under books for a few days. My friend came over yesterday and helped me to take the entire playing field out of the machine. We had it up leaning against my toolbox with a folded up blanket under it. That way the bottom doesn’t touch the floor and break anything. It takes two people to get them on nice and straight. The art blades look great! I am very pleased.

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Box was a mess.

I am relieved that your game is fine, but I would have refused to accept/sign for that delivery.

Did you basically finish unboxing before signing or just inspect from the outside?

#8382 2 years ago

Briefly it was fun.
Frustrated, but happy.

Some of your problems are related. If your game is awarding random points, a switch is misaligned. This may be related to your auto plunge issue. Because points are being awarded, the game thinks a ball is in play and a ball is in the shooter lane when it shouldn’t be so the game kicks it out. Find the switch that is awarding points and your auto plunge issue likely will go away. As someone noted, go into active switch test mode and see what’s listed. Flaky optos or a leaf switch like for the sling shots or targets is misaligned. This is a relatively easy fix.

Sdtm is likely a leveling issue. Raise one of the back legs a few turns and that should help.

If a ball is getting stuck in the house, that’s likely an opto issue. I haven’t experienced this issue, but I think you may need to remove the house, but first check underneath the playfield to make sure things are plugged in correctly.

#8383 2 years ago

Where did you get those art blades??

#8384 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Those are the official Stern produced Elvira art blades. Of all the art blade options out there, I think these compliment the the B-Movie theme of the game the best. Since Greg designed them they blend in perfectly with the rest of the art package. Pretty nice add on for $79.

You can get them from the Stern store or most distributors sell them as well.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

#8385 2 years ago

So even higher than the initial $500 mark up?? That’s messed up.

Ya we didn't even order in December, so we have no idea why we would get an invoice dated from December. So that December invoice, is higher than the price quoted in February.

So just a tad confused, and unfortunately doesn't sound like the distributor is responding to calls or emails at the moment.

But enough of my problems, lets get some more unboxing pictures!

#8386 2 years ago

I was thinking, if we do get a game. What are the must haves for protecting it? Is there anything you guys recommend?

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I was thinking, if we do get a game. What are the must haves for protecting it? Is there anything you guys recommend?

Mylar on the shooter lane / some shooter lane protection would negate all the wear I have having bought someone's stock EHOH.

#8388 2 years ago

We got our game set up last night and everything except the LED on the lockdown bar works. Tried resetting the connector but no joy. Not a huge deal. The good news is all the game features work perfect. We ended up playing till 1A and had a BLAST! What a crazy fun game.

IMG_20210526_2259585 (resized).jpgIMG_20210526_2259585 (resized).jpg
#8389 2 years ago

Thank You for the advice!

When I have time I will check everything I can. I will also go through the owners manual and see if it shows how to remove the house if I need to get in that area better.

This will be the first time I have ever looked at a Stern game manual, they have all been trouble free until this game.

Oh, the SDTM issues were mainly after the ball search kicked the ball out, but I still may raise the game a tad, right now it is perfect in the bubble.

#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those are the official Stern produced Elvira art blades. Of all the art blade options out there, I think these compliment the the B-Movie theme of the game the best. Since Greg designed them they blend in perfectly with the rest of the art package. Pretty nice add on for $79.
You can get them from the Stern store or most distributors sell them as well.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

Yep..im with u on those stern blades.. the integration is seemless. Now that i think about it i really i dont know how pingraffix can top that without basically just trying to animate those with illumination. I dont think id sacrifice the tikibar /pool camper area for anything ..even if it lit up. Love the little inflatable floaties..and the lobsters... super creative design on that. The next best would prob be mirror blades but more pricey..and i have yet to see how well they fit for this game. Not that the tilts are bad at all.. theyre great..and ultimately good to see options out there. Hey heres a question... are those plastic blade protectors necessary for this game so they dont get damaged when lifting out playfield?

@BallyKISS1987... there was a nice metal shooter lane protector avail for this on one of the sites i saw a while back..it was on PinballLife i believe. Im torn on the need for the analog knocker.

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

I got them from The Pinball Place in New Ulm, MN. Same place I bought my machine from as well as a shaker motor for it.

#8392 2 years ago

@BallyKISS1987... there was a nice metal shooter lane protector avail for this on one of the sites i saw a while back..it was on PinballLife i believe. Im torn on the need for the analog knocker.

For me an analog knocker is not a must have. The sound effect is pretty damn good. Most people would be hard pressed to tell the difference tbh. It’s not expensive, but not worth it in my opinion.

I did see the metal shooter lane protector. Not sure the ball will hit that area much launches. I would have to watch mine when I get it.

I ordered the shooter lane protector plastic from cointaker plus their speaker lights. Just need shaker (pinball life) and then side art. Leaning heavily to Sterns official side art. Not sure how long Powerbladez versions are from being released.

#8393 2 years ago

I want to give a HUGE shout out to ralphwiggum and his Lenticular Cards - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04773-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-lenticular-apron-cards

Tim was kind enough to make a custom set for me slightly larger than normal so I could mount them flat with magnetic tape and cover the card slots. He had the great idea of adding a color changing border to the instruction card and he added a muted purple border to the Free Play card.

Here's how they look installed.
EHOH cards (resized).jpgEHOH cards (resized).jpg
EHOH card green (resized).jpgEHOH card green (resized).jpg
EHOH card red (resized).jpgEHOH card red (resized).jpg

I have my original set of his normal cards that I will be giving away shortly. Stay tuned...

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I want to give a HUGE shout out to ralphwiggum and his Lenticular Cards - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04773-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-lenticular-apron-cards
Tim was kind enough to make a custom set for me slightly larger than normal so I could mount them flat with magnetic tape and cover the card slots. He had the great idea of adding a color changing border to the instruction card and he added a muted purple border to the Free Play card.
Here's how they look installed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I have my original set of his normal cards that I will be giving away shortly. Stay tuned...

Those turned out great, thanks for sharing them! I really love seeing all the different designs come to life. It's my pinball mission to replace all of those ugly factory cards with something a little more exciting.....LOL

REALLY glad you like them Robert!

#8395 2 years ago

Young Ethels in Brooklyn

FB_IMG_1622036201777 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1622036201777 (resized).jpg
#8396 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Nice! I have set coming. Looking forward to installing these.

#8397 2 years ago

She finally made it after 6 months of waiting. Couldn’t be more happier. Thanks again Jordan at Next Level Pinball shop and Museum

3BEF71CB-D2C4-4A72-85E8-D445A93F7240 (resized).jpeg3BEF71CB-D2C4-4A72-85E8-D445A93F7240 (resized).jpeg8D02B734-DDC3-4B3C-8E57-0AE83D5F45BE (resized).jpeg8D02B734-DDC3-4B3C-8E57-0AE83D5F45BE (resized).jpeg
#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Nice! I have set coming. Looking forward to installing these.

I appreciate the order Dan, I hope you like the cards!

Weird/fun fact.... For a lower production game EHOH is my second most popular card behind Deadpool. I have made 50 sets of Deadpool cards and 45 sets of EHOH since November.... EHOH owners really love their game!

Nordman is by far and away my favorite designer. I would snatch this game up in a heartbeat if I could find room for it.

#8399 2 years ago

is Stern making these games again? I want one and my Distro in Canada is not sure. I am ok waiting, just want to know if they are happening.

#8400 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

She finally made it after 6 months of waiting. Couldn’t be more happier. Thanks again Jordan at Next Level Pinball shop and Museum

Jordan and Fred are awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/168?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.