IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 362.
#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So, now I'm reading that it likely needs an adjustment? What's involved with this?

I suggest you search VUK in this thread. I had to move the subway to align with the hole in the playfield since the ball would ricochet off the edge of the hole instead of going cleanly through it, and adjust (bend) the scoop. Others have moved the kicker as per Stern tech bulletin (made mine worse), some put tape in the scoop (didn’t work for me), some made the kicker end concave ( made no difference on mine). BUT I fixed my friends by simply bending the scoop and adjusting the coil power adj #166 or 167

#8252 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Really stoked for anyone getting a new one of these, and I hope it’s soon for anyone waiting. It’s such a cool game to play, and even just to look at and tinker with. I just added some spooky trees to mine and I really like it. Oh, and Medicine Hat is a great name for a city! I read true crime and there is an unbelievable, tragic case that happened there 15 years ago that I’ll never forget.
[quoted image]

Thanks, I hope I get mine this summer. The game is amazing. Where did you get the trees and how did you mount it? Looks great!

#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks, I hope I get mine this summer. The game is amazing. Where did you get the trees and how did you mount it? Looks great!

Yep. I agree.. spooky trees are definitely going in mine if it ever comes my way. Amd a righteous pumpkin for the front door. Thanks to Pinkitten for the kind words. This is the hardest. Wait. Ever.

#8254 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So here's my dumb question. I picked up an LE a couple of weeks ago, and I'm starting to get the gist of the rules and shots. My logical understanding of the VUK is that it's supposed to hit the target bank on the other side (under the trunk). However, mine usually misses it (hitting high or low). So, now I'm reading that it likely needs an adjustment? What's involved with this?

Take the glass off and watch how the ball comes out of the VUK. You might need to shoot a video with your phone so you can slow it down. Basically the ball needs to be hit dead center and not bounce off the walls as it is coming up. That’s what is happening now and your shot is inconsistent. Something will need to move to fix the issue. Adding tape and concaving the plugger isn’t needed. It could be the alinement of the VUK, the pitch of the VUK mechanism or the VUK exit needs to be adjusted. Any or all is possible. You’ll know it’s correct when the ball rockets across the playfield and hits the same target every time.

#8255 2 years ago

Texted my distributor and received this reply. Happy day!! Finally!! Topper, side armor, and medisinyl mods ready. Now need to buy art blades and shaker. Is shaker worth it for the game?

8A14FA21-28BC-41AC-AD24-8CBF9CACCE12 (resized).png8A14FA21-28BC-41AC-AD24-8CBF9CACCE12 (resized).png

#8256 2 years ago

Is shaker worth it for the game?
[quoted image]

Congrats, My opinion is a big yes on the Shaker

#8257 2 years ago

Texted my distributor and received this reply. Happy day!! Finally!! Topper, side armor, and medisinyl mods ready. Now need to buy art blades and shaker. Is shaker worth it for the game?
[quoted image]

Holy crap dude youre in like flynn! Heck yeah! and yesss totally get the shaker! I cant vouche for it personally but 9 out of 10 say absolutely on this one. Im personally wondering if the analog knocker is worth it.

So yeah..this is v.good news my friend. Hopefully ill be joining in the celebrations in a couple months. Fingers still crossed

#8258 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Yes, not a hard-core fan of shakers, but it's a must for this one. The slight shaking during the thunder is awesome.

#8259 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Holy crap dude youre in like flynn! Heck yeah! and yesss totally get the shaker! I cant vouche for it personally but 9 out of 10 say absolutely on this one. Im personally wondering if the analog knocker is worth it.
So yeah..this is v.good news my friend. Hopefully ill be joining in the celebrations in a couple months. Fingers still crossed

Thanks my friend!! Really appreciate it. Will officially celebrate when it’s dropped off in my driveway. I hope you get yours in the next run. Going to order the shaker and art blades.

Quoted from stf_dnx:

Yes, not a hard-core fan of shakers, but it's a must for this one. The slight shaking during the thunder is awesome.

Awesome, thanks for your reply and input. Going to get the pinball life one. Have there’s for BKSOR, STh, and MBr. For $79 can’t beat it.

#8261 2 years ago

Thanks my friend!! Really appreciate it. Will officially celebrate when it’s dropped off in my driveway. I hope you get yours in the next run. Going to order the shaker and art blades.

Awesome, thanks for your reply and input. Going to get the pinball life one. Have there’s for BKSOR, STh, and MBr. For $79 can’t beat it.

Yeah man youre gonna be styling with that setup. I freekin love the stern art blades for this game..totally integrated. Im hoping one day we can talk medisinyl into cranking out some 3d tiki bar or camper/lobster mods for that back right corner ; ) cant wait to hear how it plays. Are they doing your setup too or are u going to get it going on your own?

#8262 2 years ago

Oh and get docquest's back door mod too if u dont have it...its like 10 bux and it adds so much!

#8263 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions on the VUK. Setting. my power down to 180 appears to have mine hitting the target bank 100% of the time.

#8264 2 years ago

I’m getting my machine delivered to my house Monday or Tuesday. It sucks that I’m stuck working overtime (nights) 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. I should have a couple of hours to play it each day though. Once I do get a day/night off I need to have a pinball party. I like to invite my friends over, get drunk together, and play pinball! I sold all of my other pinball machines as well as my Skee-Ball machine to afford this Elvira machine. It’s going to be my very first brand new pinball machine!

#8265 2 years ago

#8266 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I sold all of my other pinball machines and my Skee-Ball machine to afford this Elvira machine.

That did it. You selling everything to buy EHoH has left Hayfarmer speechless.

#8267 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That did it. You selling everything to buy EHoH has left Hayfarmer speechless.

#8268 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Yeah man youre gonna be styling with that setup. I freekin love the stern art blades for this game..totally integrated. Im hoping one day we can talk medisinyl into cranking out some 3d tiki bar or camper/lobster mods for that back right corner ; ) cant wait to hear how it plays. Are they doing your setup too or are u going to get it going on your own?

That would be a sweet mod to do and have. I don’t no if they are going to check it before they ship it to me or do anything. I assume not since they are in California and I am in Arizona. So on one truck to another. I am surprised it’s not coming direct to me from Stern. Either way can’t wait.

#8269 2 years ago

In the house! Another smooth transaction from Zach at Flip-n-Out Pinball.

81CE9A38-5F92-4564-9066-D52BCEF1E721 (resized).jpeg81CE9A38-5F92-4564-9066-D52BCEF1E721 (resized).jpeg
#8270 2 years ago

Congrats. What's the build date?

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

In the house! Another smooth transaction from Zach at Flip-n-Out Pinball.
[quoted image]

What’s the build date? Congrats!

#8272 2 years ago

I got my machine today!!

51F9A07B-47DB-40E0-87E0-BF9B4ADF3241 (resized).jpeg51F9A07B-47DB-40E0-87E0-BF9B4ADF3241 (resized).jpegA09B7FD9-564E-40F9-8BA0-CC815BE93771 (resized).jpegA09B7FD9-564E-40F9-8BA0-CC815BE93771 (resized).jpegC6DF790C-6B3D-425A-93C2-30FC7B436236 (resized).jpegC6DF790C-6B3D-425A-93C2-30FC7B436236 (resized).jpeg
#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I got my machine today!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done man! It looks gr8 thnks for the pix! How did it feel to play for first time (assuming ypu had rime before the night shift)?

#8274 2 years ago

Where are the batteries located on these newer stern games? Thanks.

#8275 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Well done man! It looks gr8 thnks for the pix! How did it feel to play for first time (assuming ypu had rime before the night shift)?

It plays pretty good. I need to turn the volume down a little as well as check one of the multiball holders that’s not working correctly. My wife is an expert at finding flaws/ breaking my pinball machines. LOL She was showing me quickly before I was heading out the door. I will have more time tomorrow to look at the left side multiball lock and find out why it’s not recognizing/ counting the ball when it locks it.

#8276 2 years ago

My wife turned it on at 10:30 p.m. and she says it’s working just fine now. That’s cool. Now the only thing that I have to do is turn the volume down and put on the art blades. I’ve got the art blades under a bunch of books right now. In a couple of days they should be nice and flat and then I can put them on.

4EB3C5CC-CCC7-42D8-8699-8AEE85A4D638 (resized).jpeg4EB3C5CC-CCC7-42D8-8699-8AEE85A4D638 (resized).jpeg
#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Where are the batteries located on these newer stern games? Thanks.

20210522_230720 (resized).jpg20210522_230720 (resized).jpg
#8278 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]

Thank You!

#8279 2 years ago

Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions (and photos) of the best side blades for this game. I'm not sure I like the Stern ones so leaning more towards these.... https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/coming-soon-elvira-house-of-horrors-le-gameblades

Any opinions greatly appreciated

#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Congrats. What's the build date?

I will take a look once I get it out of the box which should be later today.

#8281 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys, I'm looking for opinions (and photos) of the best side blades for this game. I'm not sure I like the Stern ones so leaning more towards these.... https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/coming-soon-elvira-house-of-horrors-le-gameblades

If you can wait a bit Pingraffix has confirmed they are making custom powerbladez for Elvira. Similar to these:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-pinball-powerbladez-stern-pinball

#8282 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I kind of like the look of the retrorefurb blades. Thinking about grabbing a set.

ehoh-retrorefurb (resized).jpgehoh-retrorefurb (resized).jpg
ehoh-retrorefurb2 (resized).jpgehoh-retrorefurb2 (resized).jpg

#8283 2 years ago

What’s the build date? Congrats!

Build date May 14

#8284 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

If you can wait a bit Pingraffix has confirmed they are making custom powerbladez for Elvira. Similar to these:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/metallica-pinball-powerbladez-stern-pinball

Oh no way! Its confirmed? Woooooowww.. totally cant wait to see how they come out. Thanks for the info! Any idea ballpark? Couple months?

#8285 2 years ago

After an extremely long wait and watching HurryUpPinball streams with envy, I have finally joined the EHOH club.

20210523_124316 (resized).jpg20210523_124316 (resized).jpg20210523_130237 (resized).jpg20210523_130237 (resized).jpg
#8286 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I kind of like the look of the retrorefurb blades. Thinking about grabbing a set.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those are the ones I just installed and I was very impressed with the quality.

#8287 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Great, thanks for letting me know. I just put the Metallica ones on a few weeks ago. I'm in no rush so I'll wait to check these out.

#8288 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yeah that looks really good. Thanks very much for the tip.

#8289 2 years ago

Both new games opened look spectacular. Congrats CosmoConstant and @BigPinDaddy.

#8290 2 years ago

Factory fresh!

#8291 2 years ago

I’ve just been notified by my distributor that my EHOH should be in sometime next week. My Medysinal mods should be arriving sometime this week, so perfect timing! Cant wait!

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Oh no way! Its confirmed? Woooooowww.. totally cant wait to see how they come out. Thanks for the info! Any idea ballpark? Couple months?

Joe confirmed it almost 3 months ago but I have no idea how long the production process is.

#8293 2 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

I’ve just been notified by my distributor that my EHOH should be in sometime next week. My Medysinal mods should be arriving sometime this week, so perfect timing! Cant wait!

Congrats! Got mine yesterday and I’m now on the list for the Medysinal mods, run 26. Lol I’ve been really impressed so far. Stern has apparently addressed a lot of the issues people were having. I know there have been VUK issues but mine hits the targets every time. I’ve seen many posts about the trunk not closing but I haven’t had an issue with that so it appears Stern has worked these things out.

C761EC79-5E39-453D-8567-7DAB6B7F29B3 (resized).jpegC761EC79-5E39-453D-8567-7DAB6B7F29B3 (resized).jpeg
#8294 2 years ago

Does the deadhead crypt close completely or is there a gap like many of the older games?

#8295 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Does the deadhead crypt close completely or is there a gap like many of the older games?

The gap is normal.

#8296 2 years ago

Congrats! Got mine yesterday and I’m now on the list for the Medysinal mods, run 26. Lol I’ve been really impressed so far. Stern has apparently addressed a lot of the issues people were having. I know there have been VUK issues but mine hits the targets every time. I’ve seen many posts about the trunk not closing but I haven’t had an issue with that so it appears Stern has worked these things out.
[quoted image]

Medysinal = Medisinyl

Sorry for such a confusing name. I first started using it when making a priest/healer class character in EverQuest Online Adventures when I was 18 (2003). I guess it stuck

#8297 2 years ago

In the club! What a great game. Played one in Chicago shortly after it came out, but only got mine (third owner) last week! So much fun. Glad I chose this over BM66 (but I still want that too).

#8298 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I’ll take a look next game I play. Nothing stood out when I was playing before but sometimes you have to play a few games to see things.

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Medysinal = Medisinyl
Sorry for such a confusing name. I first started using it when making a priest/healer class character in EverQuest Online Adventures when I was 18 (2003). I guess it stuck

You make the best mods around. I am on run 24 but won’t get my machine ready until 2022. So I guess you could say your mods a my medicine for the wait.

#8300 2 years ago

Stern has apparently addressed a lot of the issues people were having. I know there have been VUK issues but mine hits the targets every time. I’ve seen many posts about the trunk not closing but I haven’t had an issue with that so it appears Stern has worked these things out.

This is great to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/166?hl=2manyhobbies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.