IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 363.
#8201 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. I was expecting a much bigger fanfare. If only you hit the target to stop the hurry-up then shoot the house (so it can hold the ball) to collect the points where then the house lighting goes crazy and you get fireworks/confetti and a quip from Elvira on the screen. Something like that. IDK.

Agree, not a big moment as when you lock all balls on gappa angry.

So hopefully a code update give it more wow effect

#8202 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

[quoted image]

Congratulations!

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

[quoted image]

Nice picture of Elvira's box! Or is it a fake pic like the moon landings and round earth... just kidding! Open 'er up and let us know how it flips!!!

#8204 2 years ago

Thank you sir! The killer is I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow, so it stays in the box for the next 2 weeks. At least I know I finally have it.

#8205 2 years ago

lol. I thought everyone would want to see Elviria's Box?

#8206 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

Thank you sir! The killer is I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow, so it stays in the box for the next 2 weeks. At least I know I finally have it.

Bring it with you!

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Bring it with you!

I'll be in Cape Coral. Drop it off in Naples?

#8208 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

I'll be in Cape Coral. Drop it off in Naples?

I own a limo company so I can pick you and the game up at RSW no problem!

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

[quoted image]

Nice! It would appear that reports of Elvira' House of Horrors death have been greatly exaggerated.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from FlaMike:

I'm leaving for Florida tomorrow, so it stays in the box for the next 2 weeks.

What's your street address there in Elk Grove Village?
And can you leave it just inside the garage door for easy loading out?

#8211 2 years ago

Very happy to see more EHoH coming

Terrific game

Should get the full production it deserves

#8212 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What's your street address there in Elk Grove Village?
And can you leave it just inside the garage door for easy loading out?

123 Happy Street

#8213 2 years ago

I’m getting my machine on Monday! I’ll post pics when I get it.

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I’m getting my machine on Monday! I’ll post pics when I get it.

Congrats! Hoping I get some freaking news next month. I think I don’t want the game anymore till I play it at my local arcade and remember what a masterpiece this game is.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Congrats! Hoping I get some freaking news next month. I think I don’t want the game anymore till I play it at my local arcade and remember what a masterpiece this game is.

Much better in the home environment to bring all the atmosphere together.

Not sure we'll get another pin with such great "assets." Custom callouts from a significant celebrity seem hard enough to expect these days, and custom video is truly impressive.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Much better in the home environment to bring all the atmosphere together.
Not sure we'll get another pin with such great "assets." Custom callouts from a significant celebrity seem hard enough to expect these days, and custom video is truly impressive.

From what I’ve heard, Stern is cutting corners on The Mandalorian pinball machines because of the apocalypse. Less moving parts, less/ cheaper quality chips, etc… This is just what I heard anyway.

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

From what I’ve heard, Stern is cutting corners on The Mandalorian pinball machines because of the apocalypse. Less moving parts, less/ cheaper quality chips, etc… This is just what I heard anyway.

Nah, they have been doing that for years now anyway....... oh in addition to raising their prices

#8218 2 years ago

...make it..

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hey man I think this means we have hope for the late summer! Spotting these things NIB is like catching a picture of bigfoot! V.glad CosmoConstant is getting hooked up.

Cant wait to hear how some of these new arrivals play put of the box or if theyve tweeked anything in these later builds. Also very much hoping an adult mode gets unlocked in code upgrades. Theres no way they got Elvira on that couch without shooting some raunchy call out content...just in case...

#8219 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

...make it..

Hey man I think this means we have hope for the late summer! Spotting these things NIB is like catching a picture of bigfoot! V.glad CosmoConstant is getting hooked up.
Cant wait to hear how some of these new arrivals play put of the box or if theyve tweeked anything in these later builds. Also very much hoping an adult mode gets unlocked in code upgrades. Theres no way they got Elvira on that couch without shooting some raunchy call out content...just in case...

Mine shipped yesterday as well. Sounds like yesterday was the first shipment if games from this May run.

I asked my distributor about Elvira's future and he said the communication from Stern is another run in August and another in 2022.

While maybe not a big consolation if those with orders don't get one this run, it sounds likeAugust/Septemberwould be the worst case scenario.

#8220 2 years ago

Notified by distributor yesterday mine will be ready for pick up this weekend. Woohoo!

#8221 2 years ago

I would love to get an EHOH, but up here in Canada, I have not seen any used ones available for sale, and the 2 distributors don't know if they will have any to sell either, Kinda sux, as I have been wanting one since it came out, I even have a new topper sitting here waiting

#8222 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Mine shipped yesterday as well. Sounds like yesterday was the first shipment if games from this May run.
I asked my distributor about Elvira's future and he said the communication from Stern is another run in August and another in 2022.
While maybe not a big consolation if those with orders don't get one this run, it sounds likeAugust/Septemberwould be the worst case scenario.

So stoked to hear how she performs!! Thanks for posting the info. Slated for the aug time frame myself..I just hope that run is hefty enough to cover the shorts from this one and still be able to deliver to those of us on for august cause 2022 is one heck of a long wait. Worth it no doubt..but a long wait!

If Id have opted for a less expensive cash bracket I couldve gotten a quicker easier fix on an older used machine..something up my alley like Who or BigGuns.. dang near almost went that route for a first pin.. but I decided to double down and stomach the longer wait for HoH simply because they did such a great job following up with this third Elvira installment. Feel like its a piece of serious pinball history. In hindsight I might not have made that decision if I had known the production on it faced these sorts of issues but ah well.. too late now. Im in for the long haul even if it comes to bust. Hopefully itll end as well as yours did!

Good luck with the unboxing!

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

I would love to get an EHOH, but up here in Canada, I have not seen any used ones available for sale, and the 2 distributors don't know if they will have any to sell either, Kinda sux, as I have been wanting one since it came out, I even have a new topper sitting here waiting

Really stoked for anyone getting a new one of these, and I hope it’s soon for anyone waiting. It’s such a cool game to play, and even just to look at and tinker with. I just added some spooky trees to mine and I really like it. Oh, and Medicine Hat is a great name for a city! I read true crime and there is an unbelievable, tragic case that happened there 15 years ago that I’ll never forget.

16F493F2-6D02-4CFE-A958-27C24EC73581 (resized).jpeg16F493F2-6D02-4CFE-A958-27C24EC73581 (resized).jpeg
#8224 2 years ago

Hey there
When i shoot the house to start a mode, every other ball is not locking.
Any tip?

#8225 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

...make it..

I think Bigfoot is easier to photograph at this point. Hopefully we get ours this summer. If it’s fall it would suck, but this pin is too damn good to not wait for. Just glad I can flip one at my local arcade once in a while.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8226 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Hey there
When i shoot the house to start a mode, every other ball is not locking.
Any tip?

Do you mean that I reject from the house and not start a Mode ?

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Do you mean that I reject from the house and not start a Mode ?

The mode starts, but the ball does not stay in the house during the mode start video, it comes back from the front door.

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

The mode starts, but the ball does not stay in the house during the mode start video, it comes back from the front door.

Check to see if the(up post)is actually popping up through the hole to stop the ball and hold it for the mode intro. It might be binding on the cut out hole and not going up to stop the ball. If it’s binding just loosen up the 2 screws to the up post coil to center it and you should be good to go. The up post is under the black plastic alley behind the house.

#8229 2 years ago

For you new owners I’d love to know if they did anything to fix the POS crypt VUK without needing to screw with it ad nauseam..

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

For you new owners I’d love to know if they did anything to fix the POS crypt VUK without needing to screw with it ad nauseam..

I've never had a problem with mine

#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I think most have been shipped buy haven't arrived yet. Crossing my fingers everything is good but I'll let you know in a few weeks.

These appear to be the first machines of this run and may be the first made since August last year. Will be interesting.

#8232 2 years ago

Just curious, do any current owners have this crypt cover mod? Just curious if it is worth enhancing the dead head crypt or if it isn’t much of an upgrade on the stock sign.

https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

#8233 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, do any current owners have this crypt cover mod? Just curious if it is worth enhancing the dead head crypt or if it isn’t much of an upgrade on the stock sign.

Personal Opinion, but I like stock better. Stock is just a flat image while the coin taker version is a 3D print... but I think the flat image just looks a lot nicer than a less detailed 3D print. I also just don’t like the font used on the cointakers mod. I’m not a huge fan of mods in general so take that into consideration.

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Personal Opinion, but I like stock better. Stock is just a flat image while the coin taker version is a 3D print... but I think the flat image just looks a lot nicer than a less detailed 3D print. I’m not a huge fan of mods in general so take that into consideration.

Totally agree with that. I don’t like the look of the cointaker mod. Not an upgrade for me.

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have this and I believe it looks so much better than the stock, slim plastic. With that said, the paint job I got on mine was nowhere near as nice as the one pictured. So I went back and applied a good bit of black wash to the entire thing to make it really look like a run down sign instead of the bright purple 3D print I got.

#8236 2 years ago

I have to order a few other items from Cointaker which is why I'm thinking about it. Sounds like this is one I should hold off on until I get my game and see whether O like the stock one or not.

I do like the Mezel sign covers on my Jurassic Park, though, so that is one reason I've been considering this one.

#8237 2 years ago

My fav sign mods are made by ULEK Store. David is the owner. Great guy. He makes great signs for JP2 and several others, Batman 66/BDK, etc. But I’m not sure if he offers any for EHoH. I did take a zombie warning sign from TWD and put it on EHoH. Night of The Living Dead is my favorite flick featured in EHoH.

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The sign in question is ours, Cointaker is one of our resellers. Surprised to hear some of the negative feedback as we have sold a lot of these with nearly zero complaints. I think it’s actually pretty detailed and took a lot of time to craft. I think we had one person raise an issue with the color and that’s it. It makes a huge difference compared to the flat stock plastic and works particularly well when used with the optional interactive spotlight that comes on with the house flasher. Search the thread and I’m sure you’ll see people mentioning it, all positively. That said, I respect those who may not like it.

#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The sign in question is ours, Cointaker is one of our resellers. Surprised to hear some of the negative feedback as we have sold a lot of these with nearly zero complaints. I think it’s actually pretty detailed and took a lot of time to craft. I think we had one person raise an issue with the color and that’s it. It makes a huge difference compared to the flat stock plastic and works particularly well when used with the optional interactive spotlight that comes on with the house flasher. Search the thread and I’m sure you’ll see people mentioning it, all positively. That said, I respect those who may not like it.

Thank you. I didn't realize you guys made that. I've bought a few mods from you guys with other machines and always found them to be solid and of good quality.

My issue is I don't have the machine yet. Thinking I need to get it and understand better what is there and how it works before deciding which mods to add. I typically like that type of mod so will still likeky order it once I get the lay of the machine.

#8240 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've never had a problem with mine

That makes one

#8241 2 years ago

That makes two ,this is one problem my LE didn't have

#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

That makes two ,this is one problem my LE didn't have

So you're saying your VUK fires across the playfield and hits the same target very time without tweaking the assembly? It wasn't even a feature in the early code so the factory didn't dial them in. I would be very surprised if this were the case. To my knowledge all the LEs needed tweaked. If yours didn't you got very lucky.

#8243 2 years ago

Yes believe it or not mine was prefect , but the list of other problems very long . one still unsolved since you can not adjust the ball guide to keep ball from hitting sling every time. I've just gotten used to it

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes believe it or not mine was prefect , but the list of other problems very long . one still unsolved since you can not adjust the ball guide to keep ball from hitting sling every time. I've just gotten used to it

I used a needle-nosed pliers to slightly bend the ball guide out. It made a difference. Of course, it also depends on whether the ball is hugging the guide or rattling around.

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Still on the hopeful list for hearing from my distributor, but had a similar problem with MMR. I put a small length of mylar on the ball guide. Just enough to kick the trajectory out a bit.

#8246 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I was considering snagging that if only for the extra flasher light..which I think you can get separate from the sign. But yeah..likewise.. figured Id wait till the machine os in hand to really feel out what it needs. I think the 2d sign is quite nice on its own but boy do we appreciate the options (thank u lermods!)

One of the mods i simply had to jump on was the interactive skeleton key that lights when skeleton key is activated. Seems like such an important part of the game..couldnt resist. Great way to beef up that area too. Would be nice to get a proper ray gun though no?

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So you're saying your VUK fires across the playfield and hits the same target very time without tweaking the assembly? It wasn't even a feature in the early code so the factory didn't dial them in. I would be very surprised if this were the case. To my knowledge all the LEs needed tweaked. If yours didn't you got very lucky.

I needed to adjust the VUK bracket position on my LE. After that it has been fine. It's a blind shot when phone a fiend multiball is running.

Rob

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I needed to adjust the VUK bracket position on my LE. After that it has been fine. It's a blind shot when phone a fiend multiball is running.
Rob

Once you dialed the VUK in they are very reliable. Us LE owners had to do it ourselves. Worth it in the end. It is a great game.

#8249 2 years ago

So here's my dumb question. I picked up an LE a couple of weeks ago, and I'm starting to get the gist of the rules and shots. My logical understanding of the VUK is that it's supposed to hit the target bank on the other side (under the trunk). However, mine usually misses it (hitting high or low). So, now I'm reading that it likely needs an adjustment? What's involved with this?

#8250 2 years ago

Mylar inside the ball guide/kickout or bend w a needle nose depending on the issue you're having.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/165?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.