IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 363.
#8101 2 years ago

I have the Medysinal mods full set and stern EHOH side armor that I will no longer need. I will sell them at a discount for anyone interested. Just PM me.

#8102 2 years ago

The armor and mods are sold! Thanks for those that inquired.

#8103 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If Stern was taking deposits they should make the game, especially after increasing the price by $500.

Quoted from Krupps4:

Those that have paid a deposit that has been accepted by Stern should get a game.

Stern doesn't sell direct to customers, so any deposits for EHoH were paid to distributors - not to Stern. Distributors may get an estimate of how many they will receive from the next run, but they frequently get less than their requested number of games.

#8104 2 years ago

I’m so excited. I got my game pre-ordered in February. My pre-order is now completely paid off. Hopefully I can get this soon.

#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Stern doesn't sell direct to customers, so any deposits for EHoH were paid to distributors - not to Stern. Distributors may get an estimate of how many they will receive from the next run, but they frequently get less than their requested number of games.

I know stern doesn’t sell direct to customers, but I am sure they tell distributors how many they can put up for preorder to take non refundable deposits.

#8106 2 years ago

I know stern doesn’t sell direct to customers, but I am sure they tell distributors how many they can put up for preorder to take non refundable deposits.

I think that is the logical conclusion. I don’t think distributors are taking deposits for games without any guidance from Stern. If that’s not the case, how could any distributor take a deposit without specifically telling a customer that they have no idea if they can fulfill the order?

#8107 2 years ago

Why wait for Stern to do another run. ClassicGamerooms.com has the game in stock with free shipping!!

#8108 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Why wait for Stern to do another run. ClassicGamerooms.com has the game in stock with free shipping!!

They don’t.

#8109 2 years ago

Website show many green bars for "current stock".

#8110 2 years ago

L O L

7A6314BC-9991-426E-967C-5113006D23C8 (resized).jpeg7A6314BC-9991-426E-967C-5113006D23C8 (resized).jpeg
#8111 2 years ago

Anyone who loves modding their machine in here that can recommend something for the top right hand corner? I've got a cool black spider on the left top side but seems like I can put something on the top right as well. I actually bought a werewolf figure from Ebay but it turned out to be too big for that spot.

IMG_0231 (resized).jpgIMG_0231 (resized).jpg
#8112 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone who loves modding their machine in here that can recommend something for the top right hand corner? I've got a cool black spider on the left top side but seems like I can put something on the top right as well. I actually bought a werewolf figure from Ebay but it turned out to be too big for that spot.[quoted image]

Camper and trees

4CB791AA-9191-4ED1-AD8D-B48B07EEA63B (resized).jpeg4CB791AA-9191-4ED1-AD8D-B48B07EEA63B (resized).jpeg
#8113 2 years ago

GAPPA!

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone who loves modding their machine in here that can recommend something for the top right hand corner? I've got a cool black spider on the left top side but seems like I can put something on the top right as well. I actually bought a werewolf figure from Ebay but it turned out to be too big for that spot.[quoted image]

C70D25AF-5B13-4B6A-8777-5D8004014EDC (resized).jpegC70D25AF-5B13-4B6A-8777-5D8004014EDC (resized).jpeg
#8114 2 years ago

I think people need to step away from the ledge for a bit. Yes, Stern has cut production for the May run but there hasn't been any announcement that this is the last run. What I was told last week is another run is planned for August timeframe. There is a good chance those that don't get their machines in May/June could still get them in August.

Today's discussion around EHOH's imminent demise is conjecture at this point. Sure things could change and they postpone or not do it again but I would hold off on giving up hope or even selling any purchased mods off of a couple of internet rumors... but thats me.

#8115 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Haven’t painted the lobster yet ....

45799606-D816-4E71-B3EF-93A7FC4C45E0 (resized).jpeg45799606-D816-4E71-B3EF-93A7FC4C45E0 (resized).jpeg
#8116 2 years ago

If any distrib still has an unsold EHoH premium left in the current run, PM me. I’m one of the unlucky ones who had a deposit down but looks like my distrib isn’t going to have enough to fulfill all his orders.

#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think people need to step away from the ledge for a bit. Yes, Stern has cut production for the May run but there hasn't been any announcement that this is the last run. What I was told last week is another run is planned for August timeframe. There is a good chance those that don't get their machines in May/June could still get them in August.
Today's discussion around EHOH's imminent demise is conjecture at this point. Sure things could change and they postpone or not do it again but I would hold off on giving up hope or even selling any purchased mods off of a couple of internet rumors... but thats me.

I for one very much appreciate your optimism.. cause we sure arent getting it from Stern. Any news on this is something and for some of us the reassurance is the best news we've hear all day.

I had no idea they were this unreliable / uncommunicative until actually trying to get my first. Hearing people getting bumped because Stern couldnt come through on what they are quoting vendors is absolutely horrific. Thats what really set me off into doubt land anyway. Does anyone know if those that this is happening to are being told they are just SOL or if they being told "sorry, next run..but we promise you wont be forgotten"? If they are totally SOL, then that is wayyyyy out of line.. and that would be a real vile shame cause they sure can do a sweet game.

On that note.. oh the camper mods there are freeking great..the trees... love the printing on the one camper with the web too... i keep waiting for a full on tiki bar mod to pop up (medisinyl?? Lol)

#8118 2 years ago

It’s the distributors fault, not Sterns.

Quoted from KlownHammer:

I for one very much appreciate your optimism.. cause we sure arent getting it from Stern. Any news on this is something and for some of us the reassurance is the best news we've hear all day.
I had no idea they were this unreliable / uncommunicative until actually trying to get my first. Hearing people getting bumped because Stern couldnt come through on what they are quoting vendors is absolutely horrific. Thats what really set me off into doubt land anyway. Does anyone know if those that this is happening to are being told they are just SOL or if they being told "sorry, next run..but we promise you wont be forgotten"? If they are totally SOL, then that is wayyyyy out of line.. and that would be a real vile shame cause they sure can do a sweet game.
On that note.. oh the camper mods there are freeking great..the trees... love the printing on the one camper with the web too... i keep waiting for a full on tiki bar mod to pop up (medisinyl?? Lol)

#8119 2 years ago

When are some more movies going to be added? Eagerly waiting for Eegah, Giant Leeches, and Killer Shrews.

#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

... i keep waiting for a full on tiki bar mod to pop up (medisinyl?? Lol)

While I can't say Elvira will never be revisited (not necessarily for what you're asking for), I won't have access to the game again until November, and of course have many games I'd like to get to (many ideas on hold for a few years already).

Shall see... As you mention a tiki bar, I've been experimenting with wood filament as well, and liking how it's coming out.

AMH will be getting a lot of wooden parts, and that's the set that will be revealed next.

20210509_023125 (resized).jpg20210509_023125 (resized).jpg
#8121 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

L O L
[quoted image]

Contacted Classicgamerooms.com and sold out. The website is not up to date.

#8122 2 years ago

No kidding, lmao

Contacted Classicgamerooms.com and sold out. The website is not up to date.

#8123 2 years ago

I just spoke with my distributor and he stated that they were originally allocated 20 preorders for EHOH and now they will only be receiving 5 from the May run due to parts shortages. He also said that Stern told them that the remaining preorders will be filled when the August production run is done. So maybe the rest of us might get ours in Aug/Sept. I don’t have a whole lot of confidence in that though. Just thought I’d pass that along to everyone still waiting for their machines.

#8124 2 years ago

If there's a distributor (or private seller) who has or gets an Elvira to sell to the Seattle area PM me.

The only person happy about Stern not manufacturing this is my wife...

#8125 2 years ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

I just spoke with my distributor and he stated that they were originally allocated 20 preorders for EHOH and now they will only be receiving 5 from the May run due to parts shortages. He also said that Stern told them that the remaining preorders will be filled when the August production run is done. So maybe the rest of us might get ours in Aug/Sept. I don’t have a whole lot of confidence in that though. Just thought I’d pass that along to everyone still waiting for their machines.

Same thing I heard last week. That isxwhy I'm telling people not to assume they won't eventually fill the orders come August/September .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8126 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Stern just needs more competition. They just don’t give a shit right now. Hopefully Jersey Jacks keeps knocking out machines and doing well. Also, hopefully Pinball Brothers starts knocking out machines and does well with it’s Alien machine.

#8127 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Same thing I heard last week. That isxwhy I'm telling people not to assume they won't eventually fill the orders come August/September .

Same story from mine - a small run in May, a slightly larger run in August, but still won’t fulfill the # that he originally ordered.

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Stern just needs more competition. They just don’t give a shit right now.

Everyone assumes Stern is just willfully screwing over paid customers and distributors and would rather build more Mandalorians.

However, it's possible the reason Stern is not building as many as expected with this and earlier builds is due to parts shortages. Every game has unique parts and maybe some of the ones in Elvira are taking longer to get.

#8129 2 years ago

True - there are major chip shortages and other global logistics issues right now

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

True - there are major chip shortages and other global logistics issues right now

I'm thinking the motors could be the problem. Elvira has a lot of motors.

#8131 2 years ago

It’s the dual motor control board.

Quoted from docquest:

I'm thinking the motors could be the problem. Elvira has a lot of motors.

#8132 2 years ago

Related question - is this game hard to maintain compared to other recent Sterns?

#8133 2 years ago

I think it is the sky high demand for the Mandalorian myself. It actually might overtake the Addams Family for most units sold.

#8134 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Related question - is this game hard to maintain compared to other recent Sterns?

Had mine over here in ellensburg for 2 years, not an issue yet. Very reliable, as all the sterns I've owned so far have been. Been pretty lucky

#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think it is the sky high demand for the Mandalorian myself. It actually might overtake the Addams Family for most units sold.

It would be fun to know the modern production runs, but I doubt we’ll ever know. I would guess a highly successful run in modern times would be 5000 units - no where close to 20k TAFs though.

The current excitement on Mando is similar to the last SW pin, but it will subside. The layout looks *ok* - but honestly EHoH seems like the better all around package to me.

#8136 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

GAPPA!
[quoted image]

I love the Gappa that’s awesome!

It totally goes along with the camp humor of Elvira and the movies, especially with it grabbing in the house.

Looks like a good placement where it won’t obstruct the view of the ball.
I’ve put a lot of stuff on my machines in the past, but looking at some of these pictures here I’m wondering if people are wearing x-ray glasses to play or what LOL.

#8137 2 years ago

What are you basing that on? I know Star Wars themed stuff will always have its fans. Unless it turns out to be a home run in terms of gameplay, however, I have zero interest.

#8138 2 years ago

Bwaahahahahaahaha!!!

Uh. No.

#8139 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The current excitement on Mando is similar to the last SW pin, but it will subside.

+1

Especially with Dwight doing the code.

#8140 2 years ago

Surprisingly Dwight is the only thing I’m NOT worried about with this pin. Thing is a goddamn eyesore.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

+1

#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It would be fun to know the modern production runs, but I doubt we’ll ever know. I would guess a highly successful run in modern times would be 5000 units - no where close to 20k TAFs though.
The current excitement on Mando is similar to the last SW pin, but it will subside. The layout looks *ok* - but honestly EHoH seems like the better all around package to me.

It’s the new shiny thing. For me Elvira is a near masterpiece of a pin and just hope Stern doesn’t bail on me and makes mine this year.

#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What are you basing that on? I know Star Wars themed stuff will always have its fans. Unless it turns out to be a home run in terms of gameplay, however, I have zero interest.

My distributor told me he has more first time pin owners buying Mandalorian than any other title ever by a long shot. Seems like Stern was finally able to tap some new blood.

#8143 2 years ago

My distributor told me he has more first time pin owners buying Mandalorian than any other title ever by a long shot. Seems like Stern was finally able to tap some new blood.

I’m not hearing that from my distributor friend. I think it will sell well but will e surprised if it comes close to what they’ve sold with Jurassic Park. Time will tell.

#8144 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Once you get NIB issues solved. Like adjusting switches, vuks, broken nodeboard, even a replacement on a spikeboard on one machine stern machines tend to work correct. I have very little issues.

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

I had to take apart the house. The crypt. Adjust the ball guide. Pull out the motor. Adjust the motor. Adjust the diverter.

I bought it used -- I always buy used/older games so I was okay with making these adjustments and fixes, but I have read a lot of people suggesting they had a ton of stuff to work through initially.

Very cool game tho.

#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

+1

This. Dwight on code makes me pause and say "I'd better flip it first". Munsters, GoT, SW, TMNT....all games that fail on code IMO. Subjective of course. Ghostbusters is good, but only after he fixed it what? 6 years later? Give me a Keith Johnson, Lyman Sheets, Joe Katz, or Bowen Kerins all day over Dwight.

#8147 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This. Dwight on code makes me pause and say "I'd better flip it first". Munsters, GoT, SW, TMNT....all games that fail on code IMO. Subjective of course. Ghostbusters is good, but only after he fixed it what? 6 years later? Give me a Keith Johnson, Lyman Sheets, Joe Katz, or Bowen Kerins all day over Dwight.

I was never part of the GB SW TMNT etc crew.... but did buy a Munster's BW prem which was stunning and had a decent layout on top of a classic family theme but the code support never came thru after a year or two of owning it and waiting so it was time for it to go. That's why most of these went up for re-sale. Now if the code support was there I would still have that machine today but he left a sour taste in the mouths of many buyers after that one along with others on his previous track record the other titles. Yes it was shame on me but I learned it's best to wait his machines out and see where the code goes from there before I buy. However Keith Johnson, Lyman Sheets, Joe Katz, or Bowen Kerins I wouldn't be so concerned about coding on a pre-order machine.

#8148 2 years ago

It’s the new shiny thing. For me Elvira is a near masterpiece of a pin and just hope Stern doesn’t bail on me and makes mine this year.

+1. The machine is a win on so many levels. I listened to that podcast someone posted in here with the guy Tom Kopera that made all the mechs for EHoH and wow..had had originally intended to do some wild wild stuff with the Crypt that ended up being just too much of a logistical, mechanical nightmare I guess.. but oh man.. he said the plan was to have not just one deadhead skull but *five* different head guys in there!!

But yeah, the house mech /diverter toy is absolutely beautiful. And yep. Im gonna be crying some Gappa tears if Stern lets me down on my deposit. It sounds like we have hope for the August time frame but then again, that one post on the page said the run on that one isnt suspected to be very substantial either?? Getting only 5 out of 20 games expected is not good odds at all..if August is even twice this its gonna look like slim pickins!

Covid pinball motor supply shortage?... please dont let it be so.... No no noooooooo

#8149 2 years ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

+1. The machine is a win on so many levels. I listened to that podcast someone posted in here with the guy Tom Kopera that made all the mechs for EHoH and wow..had had originally intended to do some wild wild stuff with the Crypt that ended up being just too much of a logistical, mechanical nightmare I guess.. but oh man.. he said the plan was to have not just one deadhead skull but *five* different head guys in there!!
But yeah, the house mech /diverter toy is absolutely beautiful. And yep. Im gonna be crying some Gappa tears if Stern lets me down on my deposit. It sounds like we have hope for the August time frame but then again, that one post on the page said the run on that one isnt suspected to be very substantial either?? Getting only 5 out of 20 games expected is not good odds at all..if August is even twice this its gonna look like slim pickins!
Covid pinball motor supply shortage?... please dont let it be so.... No no noooooooo

Would be nice to get some kind of news or statement from Stern. I know some are waiting for BM66 also. It’s the not knowing that sucks. If I already didn’t have the topper, side armor, and medisinyl mods, I wouldn’t be as worried.

But I have them and don’t want have accessories and no pin. Hopefully the topper works and no issues with it. My distributor in California only has 2 with deposits, and of course I am one.

Will keep my fingers crossed. Just sucks not knowing. Hate to have to sell the topper, side armor and mods.

#8150 2 years ago

Hate to have to sell the topper, side armor and mods.

Because as soon as you do Elvira will go back on the line …

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,900 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/163?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.