20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 360.
#8051 2 years ago

I had a stern shaker that was so powerful I eventually just turned it off.

#8052 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The Stern shaker is $40 more and it is ballistic, crazy rumbling....lots of glass rattle. Too strong imo, I prefer the cheaper, more chill Pinball life shaker.

On zepp and gotg, these work so good.. no rattles, nice feel and sound . Metallica is a bit violent , but fits the theme. Not saying pblife are worse or better ,just saying I've had good luck.

#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Other than $20 bucks?

If you are worried about $20, then the pinball hobby isn’t for you

#8054 2 years ago

You know you guys can just turn down the strength of the shaker motor right?

All you have to do is adjust the weights until you get a rumble strength to your liking. Very easy to do, and you can tailor the rumble to your specific preferences.

I've got a 100 year old house, and I always have to soften the shakers on my games. Otherwise, they shake the whole house.

#8055 2 years ago

I've owned an Elvira with and without a shaker... played both extensively. Could care less when I played the one without it. Way better additions to spend your money on than a shaker.

#8056 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

All you have to do is adjust the weights until you get a rumble strength to your liking. Very easy to do, and you can tailor the rumble to your specific preferences.
I've got a 100 year old house, and I always have to soften the shakers on my games. Otherwise, they shake the whole house.

I tried that on my WOZECLE (a pre-order original run) and those set screws wouldn’t budge. Probably a strong Loctite.
I don’t recall 100% if the spindle had a spot drilled into it, but I think they were there as a measure to prevent any slipping of the weights.
I’m guessing they had concerns about the weights flying off (I’m not sure that’s actually realistic. I do notice some shaker seem to have a cover and others don’t sometimes. Probably because somebody removed it and didn’t put it back?)
Turned out the lack of any real shaking was a design issue. The 3rd JJP replacement worked well but it had a capacitor on it...
I don’t know if that became standard for their shakers or not.

A Coin Taker Red Tremor shaker I got was advertised as “about 30% more shake”. It was certainly something in Stern ST Premium.

Glad to hear that technique works in general. Might come in handy. Thanks for the confirmation.

#8057 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

LOL, thanks for your feedback buddy.

#8058 2 years ago

Yes, but why buy the more expensive shaker that you have to turn down to the level of the cheaper one.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If you don't care about money, see anything in my collection you wanna buy?

#8060 2 years ago

Can 2022 just get here already so I can have my EHOH?

#8061 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I will take Fathom, Flash, and AFM please.

Thank you!

#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The Stern shaker is $40 more and it is ballistic, crazy rumbling....lots of glass rattle. Too strong imo, I prefer the cheaper, more chill Pinball life shaker.

my stern shaker is barely noticeable... quite disappointed.

#8063 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

my stern shaker is barely noticeable... quite disappointed.

My shaker is very noticable. So there must be something wrong with yours.

#8064 2 years ago

You shaker, you brought her!

#8065 2 years ago

This shaker talk makes me laugh. A pinball shaker is bassically a drill motor spinning an unbalanced weight. If it is to strong or soft it can be easily corrected by adjusting the weight. The real question is the quality of the motor. The Stern motors seem better than the Pinball Life ones in my opinion.

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

This shaker talk makes me laugh. A pinball shaker is bassically a drill motor spinning an unbalanced weight. If it is to strong or soft it can be easily corrected by adjusting the weight. The real question is the quality of the motor. The Stern motors seem better than the Pinball Life ones in my opinion.

Mine is two hamsters running on a wheel, one heavy and one not so heavy. Much cheaper and I feed them thru the coin slot. It’s a more authentic feel.

#8067 2 years ago

We all know why everyone wants their Elvira to shake.

#8068 2 years ago

And Elvira deserves a shaker. It going off in sync with the lightning is very cool. Lyman is a genius.

#8069 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Now that I look at your collection... I have thought about getting El Dorado as my only em, have you been happy having it or is it the neglected step child that everyone ignores?

#8070 2 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Now that I look at your collection... I have thought about getting El Dorado as my only em, have you been happy having it or is it the neglected step child that everyone ignores?

I love it, personally. Lots of decent EMs still around for decent prices.

#8071 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I care about money. Just not $20... Is everything I’m your collection available?

#8072 2 years ago

Hi !
I have a problem with my Elvira: the slingshot are so strong, and i can't reduce the power from the menù. I put the slingshot power at 8 - the minimum - but they are too hard, (the adjustement for them seems that don't work).......the ball often hit the glass. I flashed the memory, i made the factory reset. Nothing. Stern don't reply to me. Any suggestion? Thank you

#8073 2 years ago

I can never make the backdoor shot off the plunge? Can do it during game when the ball goes around the left orbit but never from the right. Is this normal?

#8074 2 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

I can never make the backdoor shot off the plunge? Can do it during game when the ball goes around the left orbit but never from the right. Is this normal?

I could occasionally make it off plunge but did not normally shoot for it. There is an adjustment listed somewhere to make the shot easier.

#8075 2 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

No, it's not normal. If your game is level, then the backdoor skillshot should be fairly makable. I make it probably 30% of the time. My wife is better at it than me. Probably almost 50% of the time.

#8076 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

No, it's not normal. If your game is level, then the backdoor skillshot should be fairly makable. I make it probably 30% of the time. My wife is better at it than me. Probably almost 50% of the time.

What incline do you have your game at and how/where do you measure ? I was able to hit back door from plunge like you until we moved our machine now I can’t hit it at all and when the ball exits the bumpers on the left it goes down the middle all the time which is so frustrating

#8077 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What incline do you have your game at and how/where do you measure ? I was able to hit back door from plunge like you until we moved our machine now I can’t hit it at all and when the ball exits the bumpers on the left it goes down the middle all the time which is so frustrating

Hmm, don't remember the exact pitch. Something like 6.7 degrees. I have a digital angle gauge that I use.

Side to side level is most important for the backdoor shot, I think. Also, have to make sure that you have the updated bracket, that Stern put out a couple months after the game was released.

#8078 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmm, don't remember the exact pitch. Something like 6.7 degrees. I have a digital angle gauge that I use.
Side to side level is most important for the backdoor shot, I think. Also, have to make sure that you have the updated bracket, that Stern put out a couple months after the game was released.

I have that pin leveling app on my phone but am not sure where to place it to set the pitch

#8079 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I have that pin leveling app on my phone but am not sure where to place it to set the pitch

remove the glass, set it on the playfield, near the drain, just above the flippers

#8080 2 years ago

Leveled. And fixed! Thanks

#8081 2 years ago

My Distributor is telling me July for the next Elvira run. Better than August.

#8082 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

remove the glass, set it on the playfield, near the drain, just above the flippers

Thanks. And shoot for what pitch level?

#8083 2 years ago

My work has one on order. Was just told by the distributor they are receiving less than they thought. No idea on the next run.

#8084 2 years ago

I got my Retro Refurbs side blades today and installed them without screwing them up! I am happy with how they look.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-sideblades/

776FD376-DED4-4C67-93E9-479E24D2E421 (resized).jpeg776FD376-DED4-4C67-93E9-479E24D2E421 (resized).jpegCAC52AED-7FA4-40B7-82B7-6A9E24BFB940 (resized).jpegCAC52AED-7FA4-40B7-82B7-6A9E24BFB940 (resized).jpeg
#8085 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my Retro Refurbs side blades today and installed them without screwing them up! I am happy with how they look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are pretty wicked! About how long did it take for them to ship?

#8086 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. I think I might still prefer the Stern ones. (Gotta have that hot-tub cauldron!) But these aren't bad, and it's good to have more options.

#8087 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Those are pretty wicked! About how long did it take for them to ship?

Not that bad, about a month or so. The quality is great and they were easier to install than other ones I have purchased.

#8088 2 years ago

After six months, I finally got fatigued waiting for my premium and joined the club yesterday with an LE!

Thank you brobra (Chad) for delivery and helping me set it up. An extra shout out to Dr Frightner (Larry) for negotiating on my behalf to aquire this super cool game.

20210509_134334 (resized).jpg20210509_134334 (resized).jpg
#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

After six months, I finally got fatigued waiting for my premium and joined the club yesterday with an LE!
Thank you brobra (Chad) for delivery and helping me set it up. An extra shout out to Dr Frightner (Larry) for negotiating on my behalf to aquire this super cool game.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Topper even! Welcome to the club.

#8090 2 years ago

Code request: pause the ball save timer when you same the ssbd skill shot. Everything else is pretty *chefskiss*

#8091 2 years ago

Does anyone know what Stern's plans are for making more of Elvira HoH and if they're all pre-sold?

#8092 2 years ago
Quoted from sebgrinke:

Does anyone know what Stern's plans are for making more of Elvira HoH and if they're all pre-sold?

I just got off the phone with my distributor. We were talking about my chances of getting a Mandalorian Le for MSRP (which is zero by the way). We talked a little Elvira too. He told me that the most recent run of Elvira was cut short and all plans to do another run has been pushed off at least until 2022. He also said the profit margin just isn’t there on that game because it is more difficult than most to assemble. More hours of labor = less money for Stern. Because of this he feels Elvira will never see the assembly line again. That being said, if you want one - buy it on the secondary market.

#8093 2 years ago

I’ve been saying it for a year.

I just got off the phone with my distributor. We were talking about my chances of getting a Mandalorian Le for MSRP (which is zero by the way). We talked a little Elvira too. He told me that the most recent run of Elvira was cut short and all plans to do another run has been pushed off at least until 2022. He also said the profit margin just isn’t there on that game because it is more difficult than most to assemble. More hours of labor = less money for Stern. Because of this he feels Elvira will never see the assembly line again. That being said, if you want one - buy it on the secondary market.

#8094 2 years ago

This month's production apparently has been cut but I paid for mine on Friday and they are going back on the line starting today. Not everyone with a current order is going to get theirs in May/June with the production cut you referenced.

The distributor I talked with said he has been told they will be doing another run in August. Will that for sure happen? Stern can always change its mind and I do think you are correct that it is an expensive game for them to make. However, there will be some me this month and at least at this point, there is a plan to make more on August timeframe

#8095 2 years ago

yep, what I heard as well.

#8096 2 years ago

Stern had distributors cancel orders, raised price $500 and then take new orders for EHOH and Mar/April delivery.

The price increase of $500 should cover “extra” labor. No valid reason for Stern to short run games nor to delay balance of the run they just committed to build. Why is Stern screwing their distributors and customers who may have waited nine months already? This sux.

#8097 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern had distributors cancel orders, raised price $500 and then take new orders for EHOH and Mar/April delivery.
The price increase of $500 should cover “extra” labor. No valid reason for Stern to short run games nor to delay balance of the run they just committed to build. Why is Stern screwing their distributors and customers who may have waited nine months already? This sux.

I agree. At a minimum, they to to finish off the orders they've had this month and in August. They are making them this month, just not in the numbers they'd promised distributors.

#8098 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I agree. At a minimum, they to to finish off the orders they've had this month and in August. They are making them this month, just not in the numbers they'd promised distributors.

I paid deposit last November, and stern better make mine or topper, side armor, and medisinyl mods will be up for sale unfortunately. If Stern was taking deposits they should make the damn game especially after increasing price by $500.

#8099 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If Stern was taking deposits they should make the damn game especially after increasing price by $500

I’m fortunate to own an EHoH, but those that don’t and have paid a deposit that has been accepted by Stern should get a game. It would be such bad business to lead people on and not come through in the end. I know Stern isn’t in the habit of treating it’s customers with respect, but if they aren’t going to make any more just tell everyone, so no one else puts down a deposit. I just don’t get the lack of transparency with Stern. It’s just bad business to keep everyone guessing with some of this stuff.

#8100 2 years ago

I haven’t even been waiting as long as others (deposit in Feb.) but with all these questions/unknowns surrounding EHOH production, it would nice if Stern would just make a statement to let all the people with deposits know what to expect and whether or not to just move on. I’ve already purchased side blades and am due this month to purchase the Medysinal mods. I don’t want to spend the money on them if the pin is never going to show up. I sent Stern an email about a week ago asking about production and haven’t received a reply as of yet (I’m not holding my breath expecting one). I also contacted my distributor and he said “he thinks this month”, for whatever that’s worth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
10,000 (Firm)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/162?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.