IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 362.
#7951 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes this was my first though but after further investigation and taking apart the crypt the problem lies in the back of the skull behind where the spring is. There is a plastic end that slides up and down a metal brace and it has a little cut out it seems to catch on. Perhaps you mean it's catching back there because the skull isn't coming forward enough?

I think there's a few different possibilities where it can 'stick'. Can you post a pic of this 'cutout'?

Rob

#7952 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think there's a few different possibilities where it can 'stick'. Can you post a pic of this 'cutout'?
Rob

Pm sent

#7953 2 years ago

This is where it's getting hung up. You can see the head screw that the spring and skull etc is attached to. When this comes down the metal edge the bottom of that head screw is getting caught up on the guide and if you see any jerky movement and in my case, as seems protruding quite a bit, it totally gets caught up here.

20210425_160104 (resized).jpg20210425_160104 (resized).jpg
#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

GULP
This should be interesting. I've never really put any meaningful time on a fleshed out Lyman game, but I have an EHOH Prem coming. I've played it a little, but way back in the early code days. I like SS enough that the over-the-top opinions about EHOH convinced me to jump in.
All I've ever heard is people fawning over Lyman games, but this description doesn't sound like the greatest to me.
Compounding this is that most of the games I play these days are with my wife when we're boozing. She's a super casual player, so I usually half-ass it so she isn't sitting around waiting forever. I'm concerned this may be exactly the type of game that won't fit real well with our playing habits. We'll see I guess.

I wouldn't be too concerned... with Elvira you can happily start a haunt or 2 and have fun with those and easily start a couple of multiballs like wild women and trunk. It has a bit of everything for everyone. Also easy to start unhappy hour and drive me crazy.

#7955 2 years ago

Been a while and casually searched for this, but is anyone having issues where the game gets "stuck" booting and you have to power cycle it to get it to boot correctly? Latest code. Also, started trunk multiball and the flippers quit on me. This is a first.

Anyone?

Thx

#7956 2 years ago

Clear your USB stick and reinstall current code. Reseat node board cables and look around for any obvious shorts, near mechs usually. Also, if you’ve changed any of the bulbs a bad led can knock out functions. Spike system will almost shutdown completely if there’s a short in order to protect the boards.

Quoted from lasermel:

Been a while and casually searched for this, but is anyone having issues where the game gets "stuck" booting and you have to power cycle it to get it to boot correctly? Latest code. Also, started trunk multiball and the flippers quit on me. This is a first.
Anyone?
Thx

#7957 2 years ago

Any Elvira owners in the DC-ish area interested in talking a little trade?

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
NIB - New in box (personal) - “Up for trade/sale is my GNR LE pre-order spot placed with PinballStar on 10/10/2020. $9,300 + Shipping due when the game is ready. My order was placed over 7 months ago (5 days a...”
2021-04-27
Gaithersburg, MD
Trade
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 1261 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7958 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Clear your USB stick and reinstall current code. Reseat node board cables and look around for any obvious shorts, near mechs usually. Also, if you’ve changed any of the bulbs a bad led can knock out functions. Spike system will almost shutdown completely if there’s a short in order to protect the boards.

Thanks, I'll check everything out you mentioned. Appreciate the reply.

#7959 2 years ago

Docquest you’re the best!

349FB119-9F91-4845-BF09-296466BA079B (resized).jpeg349FB119-9F91-4845-BF09-296466BA079B (resized).jpeg
#7960 2 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Docquest you’re the best!
[quoted image]

Glad you like it. Elviras super secret back door unskilled shot sign was beginning for the neon green glow treatment.

#7961 2 years ago

Some people have gotten 30x40 fleece blankets at www.collage.com to make dust covers for their games. You send them a picture and they put it on a blanket. If you get on their junk mail list they will send you a discount for a future order.

They recently send me an offer for a free blanket, I just had to pay $15 for the shipping. So I made up one for my EHOH that has all the movie posters from the season of Movie Macabre that the game has the assets from. I think it came out great.

20210419_191225 (resized).jpg20210419_191225 (resized).jpg

#7962 2 years ago

Hey @docquest, would you mind sharing that file? My wife ordered some yoga mats that fit perfectly on my games as covers. She used the art from EATPM to go on my EHOH but your art is perfect.

#7963 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Hey docquest, would you mind sharing that file? My wife ordered some yoga mats that fit perfectly on my games as covers. She used the art from EATPM to go on my EHOH but your art is perfect.

I’d love this file too if you would be so kind to share. We’d like to start making blankets to cover our machines and this one would be a great start for our soon to be newest addition.

#7964 2 years ago

Leaving the club in a couple days. Moving on to a JP Premium. I am excited about JP, but I am already having some regrets lol. Such is the life of a small collection.

#7965 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I’d love this file too if you would be so kind to share. We’d like to start making blankets to cover our machines and this one would be a great start for our soon to be newest addition.

Here ya go. The aspect ratio of the 30x40 blanket is different than the pinball glass so that's why the image doesnt extend all the way to the sides. If it did then that part of the image would hang off the sides of the glass.
ehoh blanket small (resized).jpgehoh blanket small (resized).jpg

It looks like the first attempt to attach the image failed since it was too big. I made it smaller so it would attach. If anyone wants the higher res version they'll have to PM me their email address.

#7966 2 years ago

I did a similar custom towel cover for mine.

20210428_094737.jpg20210428_094737.jpg
#7967 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

[quoted image]

is that the slot machine topper on the left?

#7968 2 years ago

[quoted image]

You can also make these blankets double sided if you want. That way you could put a different design on each side and switch it up every now and then.

#7969 2 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

is that the slot machine topper on the left?

Yes it is. With a custom paint job.

#7970 2 years ago

Robert Winter: A very nice Topper over the Scared Stiff, i like it !

#7971 2 years ago

All of a sudden I am getting extra house hits. Sometimes I’ll finish a haunt and it will automatically give me the start and achievement for trailer trash when the ball exits the house. Other times I’ll hit a gargoyle and it will register a house hit. Finally sometime I just hear the sound effect of a house hit when the ball is no where near the house.

On a related note scores are better than ever lol but I’d really like to figure this out. My understanding of these games is below novice level so apologies in advance with my follow up questions

#7972 2 years ago

It sounds like you have a switch/opto out of adjustment.

I believe others have had a similar problem caused by an opto behind the house. Go into switch test to see if you see any switches that are pulsing, especially when you cause a vibration near the house.

#7973 2 years ago

It sounds like you have a switch/opto out of adjustment.
I believe others have had a similar problem caused by an opto behind the house. Go into switch test to see if you see any switches that are pulsing, especially when you cause a vibration near the house.

Hey Robert. I forgot to touch base with you about your advice you gave me on fixing the VUK kicker.

I did the adjustment you suggested and it works perfect now. Most (if not all) shots now shoot across the playfield and hits the targets.

So thanks buddy. This small adjustment just made my pin better!

#7974 2 years ago

Which adjustment was it?

#7975 2 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hey Robert. I forgot to touch base with you about your advice you gave me on fixing the VUK kicker.
I did the adjustment you suggested and it works perfect now. Most (if not all) shots now shoot across the playfield and hits the targets.
So thanks buddy. This small adjustment just made my pin better!

I'm glad it's helping others. I was so frustrated when *nothing* else fixed mine. But it's been 100% ever since this simple tweak.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Which adjustment was it?

Bending the top of the VUK.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405

#7976 2 years ago

After much thought and debate I am most likely leaving the club this weekend.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this group that has helped me throughout my ownership of this game, and to all the creative geniuses who have created the mods that took this game to the next level.

Special thanks to Completist and @Docquest.

Hope to rejoin the club again someday.

20210424_165538 (resized).jpg20210424_165538 (resized).jpg
#7977 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

After much thought and debate I am most likely leaving the club this weekend.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this group that has helped me throughout my ownership of this game, and to all the creative geniuses who have created the mods that took this game to the next level.
Special thanks to Completist and docquest.
Hope to rejoin the club again someday.[quoted image]

Just curious- if you hope to rejoin some day, why leave now? You’ll probably be hard pressed to get a game in better condition than yours is now.

#7978 2 years ago

Does anyone know when the next batch of Elvira machines are coming out? I have mine pre-ordered through The Pinball Place in New Ulm, Minnesota. They say that the last thing they were told is “end of April”. Now they say they have no idea when I will get my machine. Does anyone have any info? I contacted Stern but they haven’t emailed me back.

#7979 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Does anyone know when the next batch of Elvira machines are coming out? I have mine pre-ordered through The Pinball Place in New Ulm, Minnesota. They say that the last thing they were told is “end of April”. Now they say they have no idea when I will get my machine. Does anyone have any info? I contacted Stern but they haven’t emailed me back.

Next year is what I heard

#7980 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just curious- if you hope to rejoin some day, why leave now? You’ll probably be hard pressed to get a game in better condition than yours is now.

At this point in my life to get something else I have to give something up and I don't have many optiona. Elvira has kept me happy but small collection means lots of playtime and its time to move on and hope that someday I'll be able to expand my collection and bring her back.

#7981 2 years ago

Ask Utesichiban ...he knows everything.

Quoted from CosmoConstant:

#7982 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ask Utesichiban ...he knows everything.

LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I just choose to pass on information I've heard from my distributors. I've never had any financial interest in exaggerating about when or whether the game will be made again to line my own pocket...

#7983 2 years ago

I had one order that was supposed to arrive in May. The dealer called me and said Stern is now only giving him 12 vs the 16 originally promised. I was lucky #13 so not on this run. He said they don't know when they will do another run but probably would be super late this year or same time next year.

He said the supply chains are getting bottlenecked again and it's making things a nightmare. Moreover he said Stern doesn't enjoy making EHOH or BATMAN 66 due to the complexity of the parts and profit margins suck.

Take all that with a grain of salt. Just relaying what I heard from a distributor who moves a ton of pins.

#7984 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

I had one order that was supposed to arrive in May. The dealer called me and said Stern is now only giving him 12 vs the 16 originally promised. I was lucky #13 so not on this run. He said they don't know when they will do another run but probably would be super late this year or same time next year.
He said the supply chains are getting bottlenecked again and it's making things a nightmare. Moreover he said Stern doesn't enjoy making EHOH or BATMAN 66 due to the complexity of the parts and profit margins suck.
Take all that with a grain of salt. Just relaying what I heard from a distributor who moves a ton of pins.

That’s bad news. Man so close for you. At least your distributor heard something. Hopefully my distributor has heard some news, good or bad.

#7985 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s bad news. Man so close for you. At least your distributor heard something. Hopefully my distributor has heard some news, good or bad.

Whats your distributor say? You gettin one soon,?

#7986 2 years ago

The fact remains that if potential buyers listened to me they would have an EHOH right now, because they would have sought one out on the secondary market, if they listened to you they would not. You don’t have any insider information like you pretend to and you take distributors word on everything. Distributors are full of it, now you know. And again, I sold my EHOH to a friend for fair market value so I’m not sure why you continue to paint me as some market manipulator. It’s ridiculous.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
I just choose to pass on information I've heard from my distributors. I've never had any financial interest in exaggerating about when or whether the game will be made again to line my own pocket...

#7987 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The fact remains that if potential buyers listened to me they would have an EHOH right now, because they would have sought one out on the secondary market, if they listened to you they would not. You don’t have any insider information like you pretend to and you take distributors word on everything. Distributors are full of it, now you know. And again, I sold my EHOH to a friend for fair market value so I’m not sure why you continue to paint me as some market manipulator. It’s ridiculous.

I bought an LE 2 months ago from the original owner.. Had a deposit with cointaker for a premium but got tired of waiting...

#7988 2 years ago

Nice, why wait indefinitely right? I bought one and sold it in the middle of being waitlisted. I’m actually STILL on the list haha. I’m not gonna buy again when my number gets pulled though.

Quoted from jake35:

I bought an LE 2 months ago from the original owner.. Had a deposit with cointaker for a premium but got tired of waiting...

#7989 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Whats your distributor say? You gettin one soon,?

Asked him 2 weeks ago and he hadn’t heard anything.

#7990 2 years ago

I was holding out to buy a premium NIB, but it isn't looking so good at this point. And there is zero chance at finding a used unit in Canada, I may have to forget about adding Elvira to the collection till next year.

#7991 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Moreover he said Stern doesn't enjoy making EHOH or BATMAN 66 due to the complexity of the parts and profit margins suck

I'm sure their profit margins are still acceptable for BM66 and EHOH. The MSRP was recently increased by $500 so obviously that horrible cost burden has been somewhat alleviated and passed on to the consumer.

Rob

#7992 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I was holding out to buy a premium NIB, but it isn't looking so good at this point. And there is zero chance at finding a used unit in Canada, I may have to forget about adding Elvira to the collection till next year.

PlayerOne didn't get any units at all this spring?

Rob

#7993 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm sure their profit margins are still acceptable for BM66 and EHOH. The MSRP was recently increased by $500 so obviously that horrible cost burden has been somewhat alleviated and passed on to the consumer.
Rob

Agreed.

#7994 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

PlayerOne didn't get any units at all this spring?
Rob

I asked last month and no ETA except sometime in May, maybe. And looking at what people are saying here, its doesn't look good for delivery this year.
Was thinking on trying a Stranger Things Prem in the meantime, but would rather have Elvira.

#7996 2 years ago

Stern is not making any more Stranger Things Premium unfortunately

Quoted from Rascal-911:

I asked last month and no ETA except sometime in May, maybe. And looking at what people are saying here, its doesn't look good for delivery this year.
Was thinking on trying a Stranger Things Prem in the meantime, but would rather have Elvira.

#7997 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Elvira premium has been unobtanium for more than a year in Canada. I wanted to buy a premium early last year, but none were to be had. P1 had a single LE stashed away for someone who didn't buy it, so I got lucky and was able to get that one. My enjoyment of the game is only slightly tempered by something else that I wish was different.

Rob

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nice, why wait indefinitely right? I bought one and sold it in the middle of being waitlisted. I’m actually STILL on the list haha. I’m not gonna buy again when my number gets pulled though.

Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yep. If they weren't, they would have already announced they weren't going to make more.

#7999 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Apparently being made in a couple weeks time I’m hearing

#8000 2 years ago

Joined the club!!! Thanks broman90.

C771B5DA-CDAF-49DB-82F8-0A5DABDD315C (resized).jpegC771B5DA-CDAF-49DB-82F8-0A5DABDD315C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/160?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.