IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 363.
#7901 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You absolutely NAILED what I feel about Lyman code in general. I was talking to a friend about this recently, who agreed. Lyman code is a two edged sword. It is deep and there is a lot going on. BUT to really get to the best stuff, you DO have to play for awhile. I first noticed this on Metallica. If you don't get well into the mini wizard modes and beyond, I feel unsatisfied every time..and EHOH is no different.
Don't get me wrong: what's there is really, really good, and people tend to love Lymans code because of how creative he is. But there is definitely another side to it, which is that you need to have a long game to really get any real satisfaction.
This is why I like pins like Stranger Things, Deadpool and Rick and Morty. None of those require games as long as Lyman coded games to feel satisfied.

GULP

This should be interesting. I've never really put any meaningful time on a fleshed out Lyman game, but I have an EHOH Prem coming. I've played it a little, but way back in the early code days. I like SS enough that the over-the-top opinions about EHOH convinced me to jump in.

All I've ever heard is people fawning over Lyman games, but this description doesn't sound like the greatest to me.

Compounding this is that most of the games I play these days are with my wife when we're boozing. She's a super casual player, so I usually half-ass it so she isn't sitting around waiting forever. I'm concerned this may be exactly the type of game that won't fit real well with our playing habits. We'll see I guess.

#7902 3 years ago

One of the many nice things about EHoH is that for those who don’t feel it’s a keeper for whatever reason, resale or trade shouldn’t be too difficult, it’s such a popular title now. It’s definitely worth a good, long look. Great pin for guests and casual players too.

#7903 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Please, if you can’t break a billion on EHOH you’re not a very good player.

I agree. I don’t consider myself to be a high level player. I have played in one league, but that’s it. I don’t often get over a billion, but scores in the 800M, 900M range come up on a regular basis. Obviously, a big part of putting up a score is knowing the rules. So, if you know the rules well and are a decent player, you should be able to hit a billion.

#7904 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

That being said - anyone have a quick rundown of strategy? I'm reading slam the pops and left loop during multiball for switches. Anything else?

Switch hits is what gets you to Gappa Angry, so hitting the pops helps build the Freak Fryer quickly. During the beginning stages of multi ball when the ball save is on, I let the balls drain so they shoot back into the pops which gets you a ton of switch hits. Also, the better you do in the modes, the more points you will get during House Party, so don’t be afraid to keep hitting shots during modes before you shoot the house to close it out.

#7905 3 years ago

will the premium EHOH go well with this collection? Met Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, STLE, BM66, GB Prem, JP Prem, AIQ Prem, DP Prem, MBrLE, AFMrLE, WH20?

#7906 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

will the premium EHOH go well with this collection? Met Prem, Iron Maiden Prem, STLE, BM66, GB Prem, JP Prem, AIQ Prem, DP Prem, MBrLE, AFMrLE, WH20?

Yes! Forget all the naysayers, this is one of the best pins made. I suppose if you're a top tourney player it may get old for you. But I'm not, and enjoy the callouts ,light shows and great sound effects. I have been over a billion a few times, but its not as easy as people here are saying for typical player.

#7907 3 years ago

This has been touched on many many times before, if the game is playing to easy, simply go into the adjustments menu and set everything to hard, sheesh.

#7908 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

YES. Then again. Pretty much anything will go well with your collection!

#7909 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.
Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

If nobody has topped 600m on yours then nobody is getting particularly far into the game, and that doesn't sound particularly fun either.

Ball times need to compliment the code. Making a pin play brutal and have short ball times when its coded as deep as EHOH won't magically make it fun or satisfying.

#7910 3 years ago

It's perfect IMO. Get to gappa on a real good game, get to house party about halvsies, and the house has been completed only once

#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If nobody has topped 600m on yours then nobody is getting particularly far into the game, and that doesn't sound particularly fun either.
Ball times need to compliment the code. Making a pin play brutal and have short ball times when its coded as deep as EHOH won't magically make it fun or satisfying.

100%.
I hate when people say this about LOTR.

I don't think this game is insanely "challenging," but it's a way better shooter than BM66 imo. Very fun and immersive, if you have variety in your collection you can enjoy most any game in a home setting.

#7912 3 years ago

Honestly, you’ve got too many fan layouts for a collection that size imo. You’re gonna wanna dump either BM66 or AFM for EHOH to compliment that collection. This is just my opinion, no one get mad please.

Quoted from cscmtp:

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is just my opinion, no one get mad please.

You have offended my sensibilities and I demand satisfaction!

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly, you’ve got too many fan layouts for a collection that size imo. You’re gonna wanna dump either BM66 or AFM for EHOH to compliment that collection. This is just my opinion, no one get mad please.

I feel the same about fan layouts, I have ST AFM and EHOH and that's enough for me. It's tough to limit them because a ton of the best games ever are fans.

#7915 3 years ago

Every 2 flipper game is either a fan layout or has poor geometry

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Every 2 flipper game is either a fan layout or has poor geometry

I'll bite: what do you mean by "poor geometry?"

#7917 3 years ago

The only shots you can directly hit with a flipper are all in a fan pattern.

#7918 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

An ice cold lager and butter pretzels would go very well with your collection.

#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The only shots you can directly hit with a flipper are all in a fan pattern.

So you're saying every game has the same layout unless they have a shot that's 100% luck.

Interesting.

#7920 3 years ago

Man...you should read the rule book. House party and Gappa are pretty early in the rules. You can get to Gappa on ball one if you keep a garage multi in the pops. Even finishing the house and playing ‘They came from space’ isn’t the end of the game. There is so much more to this game than your seeing. Have you played phone-a-fiend? Or beat Creepo? Or sold the house?

Quoted from Chalkey:

It's perfect IMO. Get to gappa on a real good game, get to house party about halvsies, and the house has been completed only once

#7921 3 years ago

Rule book? Where might one find this, thanks.

#7923 3 years ago

Thank You!

#7925 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

100%.
I hate when people say this about LOTR.
I don't think this game is insanely "challenging," but it's a way better shooter than BM66 imo. Very fun and immersive, if you have variety in your collection you can enjoy most any game in a home setting.

I totally agree. I get this all the time with LOTR and many said that about BM66 too. For sure if you open the outlines, remove the posts, put on smaller flipper, jack it up 2 degrees it will be harder. But will that make the experience more fun? Not for me. No two collectors or players are going to enjoy the same experience. I do like getting into LOTR and playing through the adventure. Sounds like EHOH would be a similar experience.

I’m right on the fence here and thinking I am going to jump off and go for it. So that topper is really worth $1000+ ?? Why?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I’m right on the fence here and thinking I am going to jump off and go for it.

My EHOH is sitting right next to my LOTR, love them both.

Quoted from pinchamp:

So that topper is really worth $1000+ ??

No!!, then again I can't with my ceiling use toppers anyway but if I could have 1k for a topper?? I can take that 1k add another 1-1.2k and get another enjoyable machine to play rather then to pay 1k to see a decal of Elvira pop up and hear a scream. That's my opinion being that you asked but others I'm sure will disagree especially those who purchased one

#7927 3 years ago

I’ve heard its going into production this week, can anyone verify?

#7928 3 years ago

Quoted from Superpops1:

#7929 3 years ago

How many switch hits does it take to advance the Freak Fryer levels? Is it the same number to advance each level? Does the spinner count one hit per spin? I want to concentrate on getting to Gappa Angry. Thanks

#7930 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well luckily I have plenty of room and income to get new pins without selling anything else. (and this is only the 2nd year of my 50 years on this planet that I've been in this position, feel very blessed to finally be here)

And ironically I played my BM66 today for the first time in months if being honest, and forgot how great it is. Love the minor villain modes...they make the game

#7931 3 years ago

Nice! Get em allll then

Quoted from cscmtp:

Well luckily I have plenty of room and income to get new pins without selling anything else. (and this is only the 2nd year of my 50 years on this planet that I've been in this position, feel very blessed to finally be here)
And ironically I played my BM66 today for the first time in months if being honest, and forgot how great it is. Love the minor villain modes...they make the game

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

Buddy told me arriving in a few weeks

Although this was a week ago

Maybe it was pushed back

#7933 3 years ago

That's supposedly that last call run.

#7934 3 years ago

So nobody can beat my 10/01/2019 build date? Kind of makes sense that the new run would start on the first of the month. If so, I have a day one machine.

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So nobody can beat my 10/01/2019 build date? Kind of makes sense that the new run would start on the first of the month. If so, I have a day one machine.

My LE was Oct 14 #28

#7936 3 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

My LE was Oct 14 #28

Funny, I'm #110 and mine was made 2 weeks before yours.

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Funny, I'm #110 and mine was made 2 weeks before yours.

Not sure why, probably all in a line or 2 or 3 lines and as they finish they add the date decal or something.

#7938 3 years ago

The numbers don't mean much ,since they are just randomly placed and not in tn order as built. As you would expect??????

#7939 3 years ago

My Australian delivered LE was Oct 12 - #206

#7940 3 years ago
Quoted from Superpops1:

I can't verify anything definitely at this point but I've heard first week of May from two different distributors based on the communication they received from Stern 1-2 weeks ago.

#7941 3 years ago

I’m going for it. Mine is ordered!. Officially joined the club. Thanks for all the comments. Production is May. I have been told end of May or early June delivery. Of course it has to get to Canada and all that. Worth putting a shaker in I assume?

#7942 3 years ago

Yes, shaker is well integrated into ehoh. Highly recommend

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Worth putting a shaker in I assume?

I think it’s always worth putting a shaker in every pin. Given the cost of pins and everything related thereto, it’s a no brainer for $100 - $150. A lot of bang for the buck so to speak.

#7944 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

So you're saying every game has the same layout unless they have a shot that's 100% luck.
Interesting.

That's not what I'm saying at all. There's lots of different ways to chop it up, provide some different entry angles but they're all more or less similarly laid out in the fan pattern.

#7945 3 years ago

Malort is gross

#7946 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Worth putting a shaker in I assume?

The implementation of the shaker in EHOH is one of the best in several years. If you like shakers in *any* pin, you will love it in EHOH.

#7947 3 years ago

That's true. I installed one 2 weeks ago and oh yeah baby... She treated me after one game with a nice HS.

IMG_20210425_200728_407.jpgIMG_20210425_200728_407.jpg
#7948 3 years ago

Does anyone have a definitive fix for the Crypt skull head when coming down to appear, gets jammed before seating entirely. I took crypt apart and it's the part after spring which catches the metal and gets jammed there which is plastic.

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:Does anyone have a definitive fix for the Crypt skull head when coming down to appear, gets jammed before seating entirely. I took crypt apart and it's the part after spring which catches the metal and gets jammed there which is plastic.

Where is it sticking? The carriages may have a slight flaw which can cause a sticking issue. Stern sent me a replacement carriage, but it still had the same flaw.

As the skull is pushed forward, the font of it is also being pushed down somewhat because the back part is being pushed up and forward. The bottom of the skull slider bracket can catch on the edge of the slider cutout as shown in my picture. Try filing the square leading edge on the slider plastic into a more rounded shape so it won't stick on the metal egde.

Even a new replacement slider plastic will get stuck on this. I spent a lot of time on this trying to figure the best solution.

Rob

20201016_011729 (resized).jpg20201016_011729 (resized).jpg
#7950 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Where is it sticking? The carriages may have a slight flaw which can cause a sticking issue. Stern sent me a replacement carriage, but it still had the same flaw.
As the skull is pushed forward, the font of it is also being pushed down somewhat because the back part is being pushed up and forward. The bottom of the skull slider bracket can catch on the edge of the slider cutout as shown in my picture. Try filing the square leading edge on the slider plastic into a more rounded shape so it won't stick on the metal egde.
Even a new replacement slider plastic will get stuck on this. I spent a lot of time on this trying to figure the best solution.
Rob [quoted image]

Yes this was my first though but after further investigation and taking apart the crypt the problem lies in the back of the skull behind where the spring is. There is a plastic end that slides up and down a metal brace and it has a little cut out it seems to catch on. Perhaps you mean it's catching back there because the skull isn't coming forward enough?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/159 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.