IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 363.
#7851 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ya’ll should just settle this by posting your high scores on EHOH. Whoever wins, wins and then you can both shut up haha.

Ok

IMG_4738 (resized).JPGIMG_4738 (resized).JPG
#7852 3 years ago

Amazing score !

#7853 3 years ago

Nice, that’s a solid game

Quoted from RobT:

Ok
[quoted image]

#7854 3 years ago

I have a beautiful Oktoberfest with side art, shaker, knocker, topper with back lighting kit. Looks like it just came out of the box only better with all the add ones. Looking for trade ideas.

Ideal trades would involve Elvira HoH, Batman 66 or Munsters Premium color. Open to other ideas as well.

#7855 3 years ago

What's up Elvira owners! I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a premium and want to know your thoughts. I currently own TMNT pro, STh premium, JP2 premium and a Star Wars Comic pro. I am super happy with this lineup. I feel like EHOH would be a great addition. Comedy, easier fan layout, more laid back play in general. Am I barking up the right tree? Also, it doesn't seem too raunchy this time around (I have 9, 12 and 14 year old boys). I feel like they would be fine around it as we are pretty laid back anyway. TIA!

#7856 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

What's up Elvira owners! I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a premium and want to know your thoughts. I currently own TMNT pro, STh premium, JP2 premium and a Star Wars Comic pro. I am super happy with this lineup. I feel like EHOH would be a great addition. Comedy, easier fan layout, more laid back play in general. Am I barking up the right tree? Also, it doesn't seem too raunchy this time around (I have 9, 12 and 14 year old boys). I feel like they would be fine around it as we are pretty laid back anyway. TIA!

Not raunchy enuf , wish it had more content like ss did. Hoping next code thry add adult mode. Nothing horrible. Just more campy sexy callouts. Only minor complaint I have on the game, otherwise its purrrrrrrfect!

#7857 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

It’s definitely not as raunchy as Scared Stiff. The focus is more on the B-movie clips, which is fun, especially if you guys like campy horror movies. I’ve had JP2, TMNT premium and Star Wars LE, and I liked them all, but they all came and went. EHoH is bolted down. For me it’s a keeper and ticks every box.

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Definitely the right type of pin for you. It is an easy shooter and the humor is great. Only adult stuff I remember from a game I played the other day were a few call outs:

“You’re more fucked up than a left handed football” and “you’re driving me batshit crazy”. And the softer references like “you like it in the back door” etc. The first two are mode specific and don’t even happen every time.

#7859 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

“You’re more fucked up than a left handed football”

I've never heard that callout once.

#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think the double header calls that out, I thought I heard that once or something very close to it but never again since latest updates.

#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That’s Sergeant Jarhead, absolutely in the game. I love that guy.

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s Sergeant Jarhead, absolutely in the game. I love that guy.

LOL I stand corrected, I heard it maybe once and that was it. Hoping Lyman adds an Adult Content option so we can make sure it's enabled to catch all these great callouts. It does seem they were scaled back as of late.

#7863 3 years ago

Perfect, thanks y'all! Might have to pull the trigger on it. RobT still has it and sold his Iron Man. That's saying something!

#7864 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Perfect, thanks y'all! Might have to pull the trigger on it. RobT still has it and sold his Iron Man. That's saying something!

Elvira is a ton of fun!

I also have Stranger Things like you do and I think they compliment each other quite well. One is deeper, easy to shoot and humorous (EHOH) and the other is more serious, in your face and challenging (STh).

#7865 3 years ago

Played an EHoH on location last year

And I for certain heard the “ back door” comment possibly with a “boink” (wink) sound

A enhanced mode for adult comments would be super cool

I fear Lyman has already started his next creation

But anything is possible
The man is a rock star !!

#7866 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

EHOH and STH go so well together
They’re the two most played in my small collection. You won’t regret having both!

98D9755A-4FC1-42FC-8C6D-9AF467C5C0CF (resized).jpeg98D9755A-4FC1-42FC-8C6D-9AF467C5C0CF (resized).jpeg
#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I fear Lyman has already started his next creation

Most likely but that never stopped him before from enhancing code, i.e BM66

#7868 3 years ago

I just sold my Batman66. Loved the game at first but then found to really get into the game you have to play so long and through so many modes. My plan was to sell BM66 and buy EHOH. But I am concerned that EHOH is going to also need me to play a long time to get deep into the code. I like to play a game with deep code but also code that if I can hit the shots I can get deep into it without playing to 30 minutes. Can anyone speak to this and the time it takes to get deep into the game if you make great shots.

I found with BM66 if I didn’t have a 20 minute game I left unsatisfied and felt I really didn’t get much done.

#7869 3 years ago

I ordered some PDI glass for my EHOH today. With all of the upgrades I am buying I sure wish I could have just bought an LE and had a real back glass in my head.

#7870 3 years ago

My honeymoon period with EHOH lasted about 3 months. After I started putting up 3+ billion consistently and having hour long games where I completed everything in the code I was done with it. If you are a really good player EHOH likely won’t last a year in your collection. That being said, Everyone saying it’s bolted has a point. It’s one of Sterns recent bests BUT...it’s a very easy shooter. And yeah, after getting good at the game 20 min games just tend to piss you off and leave you dissatisfied.

Quoted from pinchamp:

I just sold my Batman66. Loved the game at first but then found to really get into the game you have to play so long and through so many modes. My plan was to sell BM66 and buy EHOH. But I am concerned that EHOH is going to also need me to play a long time to get deep into the code. I like to play a game with deep code but also code that if I can hit the shots I can get deep into it without playing to 30 minutes. Can anyone speak to this and the time it takes to get deep into the game if you make great shots.
I found with BM66 if I didn’t have a 20 minute game I left unsatisfied and felt I really didn’t get much done.

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My honeymoon period with EHOH lasted about 3 months. After I started putting up 3+ billion consistently and having hour long games where I completed everything in the code I was done with it. If you are a really good player EHOH likely won’t last a year in your collection. That being said, Everyone saying it’s bolted has a point. It’s one of Sterns recent bests BUT...it’s a very easy shooter. And yeah, after getting good at the game 20 min games just tend to piss you off and leave you dissatisfied.

You should give ACNC a try - the modes are fun and varied on the objectives, and it is *not* an easy shooter. It forces you to become more accurate in order to succeed. It’s a great theme as well.

Disclaimer: I have an ACNC and love it, but have an EHOH Prem in order (yet would take an LE if the right deal came along).

#7872 3 years ago

I got to play ACNC once and it absolutely infuriated me...so I wanted to buy it immediately haha. Never got around to it, someone just offered me one in trade for my LOTR but I’m on the hunt for newer Stern pros since my location is opening back up. I will say, the one thing o hate about ACNC is that when you beat it it just drains your ball, game over. That’s Fkd...give me victory laps at least!!!

Quoted from Damonator:

You should give ACNC a try - the modes are fun and varied on the objectives, and it is *not* an easy shooter. It forces you to become more accurate in order to succeed. It’s a great theme as well.
Disclaimer: I have an ACNC and love it, but have an EHOH Prem in order (yet would take an LE if the right deal came along).

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks for this as it is what I need to hear. This is totally what I am worried about. I love my walking dead and it will never leave because it kicks my ass over and over and then when I get that great game 10-15 min maybe a bit more it is so satisfying. Loving JP pro right now too because of the same reason. Now I really have to consider EHOH.... I’m not afraid of it won’t last forever but how long does for me until it hits that point? Batman was only 800 games. I’d like more than that for sure.

#7874 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Thanks for this as it is what I need to hear. This is totally what I am worried about. I love my walking dead and it will never leave because it kicks my ass over and over and then when I get that great game 10-15 min maybe a bit more it is so satisfying. Loving JP pro right now too because of the same reason. Now I really have to consider EHOH.... I’m not afraid of it won’t last forever but how long does for me until it hits that point? Batman was only 800 games. I’d like more than that for sure.

My ehoh will never leave. Best machine I've ever owned, out of the 40 or so.

#7875 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

My ehoh will never leave. Best machine I've ever owned, out of the 40 or so.

you just got it.. ofc you're gonna say that.

I've had my SE since the November it came out, and it is my favorite machine I own next to my Dialed In and JP, but it probably gets the least amount of play out of all the machines in my collection because of that same reason brought up above.

it's a serious commitment. BM66 is a great example, you rly can't have a fun game unless you grind out 20 minutes + on it.

I have more fun on an Avatar, Dracula, TRON or Iron Man. straight adrenaline for 5 minutes straight. and if you can make the game last 10+ minutes you feel like a God.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7876 3 years ago

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.

Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

#7877 3 years ago

I

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yall must have your shit set up at baby game level. Nobody has topped 600m on mine. If you're getting over a billion a game time to make some changes.
Don't listen to the guys that don't know how to set up a pin. This game is the goat and gets played daily in a house with 14 titles.

I’ve had the game since it came out, my high is like 570 mil.

#7878 3 years ago

Please, if you can’t break a billion on EHOH you’re not a very good player. I know how to setup a pin and I’ve owned over 35 in the top 100. I also have a location. Just last week I played an EHOH in a league setting and put up 1.5 billion. My high is about 4 billion normal tilt, factory settings, factory outlanes and recommend pitch.

Quoted from Chalkey:

E37DEC0C-38B3-4008-8876-F4811B426E34 (resized).jpegE37DEC0C-38B3-4008-8876-F4811B426E34 (resized).jpeg
#7879 3 years ago

I never say it’s bolted to the floor as anything can move at any point, however this machine will not be moving anytime soon. It’s one of the best with one of the all time greatest programmers that continues to revisit code as time goes on. Game is far from shallow with lots of code for progression but it also has the quick fun factor for those who don’t follow the coding.

Play one for yourself before dropping close to 9 or 10k on one, follow your own guidance not others.

#7880 3 years ago

If you prefer hard brutal fast games, skip EHOH. I love TWD JP BSD EATPM TMNT...the more I have to worry about lightening fast drains and have to struggle to trap and keep control the more I’m into a game basically. I really like something that keeps me on my toes.

Quoted from pinchamp:

#7881 3 years ago

It IS a great game and the code / rule are where it shines, for me it got old in a 4 pin home setting and I sold it in about a year. I would have just brought to my location but we have been closed due to covid. I will say I don’t think I’ll ever buy a fan layout pin for a home collection ever again.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

I never say it’s bolted to the floor as anything can move at any point, however this machine will not be moving anytime soon. It’s one of the best with one of the all time greatest programmers that continues to revisit code as time goes on. Game is far from shallow with lots of code for progression but it also has the quick fun factor for those who don’t follow the coding.
Play one for yourself before dropping close to 9 or 10k on one, follow your own guidance not others.

#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you prefer hard brutal fast games, skip EHOH. I love TWD JP BSD EATPM TMNT...the more I have to worry about lightening fast drains and have to struggle to trap and keep control the more I’m into a game basically. I really like something that keeps me on my toes.

Sometimes it's nice to have a little "safety net" game in your collection. EHOH was my most recent pick up and I've been playing it quite a bit to shoot something that just "feels good."

That being said - anyone have a quick rundown of strategy? I'm reading slam the pops and left loop during multiball for switches. Anything else?

#7883 3 years ago

Your game is dirty, your slings are gapped too wide, your tilt setting is baby game, and you should maybe take a look at your outlanes and game level.

#7884 3 years ago

You’re a casual player and that’s fine. Folks that I play with that are very serious players typically blow this game up. In home, on location, steep tilt, waxed, dirty, whatever, It’s an easy shooter. That does not make it a BAD game, it’s just easy shooter and that is FUN. A friend of mine has a 5.8 bil GC and his game is steep, factory settings and normal tilt. There are no real difficult shots or ramps, no East / West play...the dangerous bounces and sdtm drain are easily recognizable and dealt with. It’s a very smooth wide open fan layout, it’s very welcoming and it’s a great game. But nasty players will get bored over time. I’ve seen it happen and it happened to me.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Your game is dirty, your slings are gapped too wide, your tilt setting is baby game, and you should maybe take a look at your outlanes and game level.

#7885 3 years ago

Steep angle does not necessarily mean the game is harder to play IMO. Look at those PAPA videos, there is very little lateral ball movement meaning the ball's path is more predictable overall. Of course the game plays faster, but the increased gravity also changes how the ball reacts after hitting rubbers objects. I think there is a good balance in there somewhere.

I'm also really considering this game and love the theme, but the last stream of Jack playing appeared like he was chopping wood. To be fair, he's a great player, so most of his videos are like this lol. Maybe it's the fan layout, which still seems an odd choice coming from Dennis and his track record.

#7886 3 years ago

Yes. Steeper /= more challenging. Tournament player, owner, operator of non-baby games.

#7887 3 years ago

A tournament player who’s GC on EHOH is 600 million? I’d love to play against you someday ha ha

Quoted from Chalkey:

Yes. Steeper /= more challenging. Tournament player, owner, operator of non-baby games.

#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:Thanks for this as it is what I need to hear. This is totally what I am worried about. I love my walking dead and it will never leave because it kicks my ass over and over and then when I get that great game 10-15 min maybe a bit more it is so satisfying. Loving JP pro right now too because of the same reason. Now I really have to consider EHOH.... I’m not afraid of it won’t last forever but how long does for me until it hits that point? Batman was only 800 games. I’d like more than that for sure.

If you only have 3 or 4 games and play EHOH maybe you will start blowing it up regularly, but in a larger pin collection (like yours) it will shine for sure. Do not pass this one up if you get the chance, it has so much character you will forget about score and just enjoy the show!

#7889 3 years ago

Not big tournaments you're right I suck but you still have a baby game. Most any pin is as hard as you have it set up. You did yourself a disservice, this game is incredible.

#7890 3 years ago

I’ve put up over a billion quite easily on three different EHOH fyi...one home game, a tourney game with no outlane rubbers and location game with wide open outlanes. I’m glad you love the game. I loved it too...but I also made out really well on the sale and bought two NIB games haha sooo I’m good.

Quoted from Chalkey:

Not big tournaments you're right I suck but you still have a baby game. Most any pin is as hard as you have it set up. You did yourself a disservice, this game is incredible.

#7891 3 years ago

I just got on the waiting list for a premium scheduled for 2022. Lol. I am super excited to add this to the collection.

#7892 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just got on the waiting list for a premium scheduled for 2022. Lol. I am super excited to add this to the collection.

For the record, that is about the time the Elvira license is up from what I understand. Is this the last call????? Might be.

#7893 3 years ago

I’ve asked this before but nobody chimed in with an earlier date. Does anyone have a build date before mine? I ordered from a vendor who prepaid on day one and got a game made 10/01/2019. Can anybody beat that? If so it would have to be a LE or SE owner.

#7894 3 years ago

My LE is October 12, 2019

#7895 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

For the record, that is about the time the Elvira license is up from what I understand. Is this the last call????? Might me.

Not sure but I am glad I got on the list before they are off the line for good.

#7896 3 years ago

Where do you find build date?

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Where do you find build date?

Should be a sticker with it on the back of the game

#7898 3 years ago

Can anyone beat me? I'm trying to figure out what was the first day Elvira came off the line.

20210423_174510 (resized).jpg20210423_174510 (resized).jpg
#7899 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

You absolutely NAILED what I feel about Lyman code in general. I was talking to a friend about this recently, who agreed. Lyman code is a two edged sword. It is deep and there is a lot going on. BUT to really get to the best stuff, you DO have to play for awhile. I first noticed this on Metallica. If you don't get well into the mini wizard modes and beyond, I feel unsatisfied every time..and EHOH is no different.

Don't get me wrong: what's there is really, really good, and people tend to love Lymans code because of how creative he is. But there is definitely another side to it, which is that you need to have a long game to really get any real satisfaction.

This is why I like pins like Stranger Things, Deadpool and Rick and Morty. None of those require games as long as Lyman coded games to feel satisfied.

#7900 3 years ago

My LE is Oct 08

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/158?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.