IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 363.
#7701 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

How long will yours pop up . I think mine is a second or less. Is that normal ?

Mine pops up and screams for 5 seconds I’d say.

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Mine pops up and screams for 5 seconds I’d say.

Mine definitely not, so any idea what’s wrong with mine ?

#7703 3 years ago

You guys have Elwin and we have Macca

McElwin (resized).jpgMcElwin (resized).jpg
#7704 3 years ago

Just picked up an Elvira HOH and am having fun figuring out the game on my own, however, now that I see a 17b score I am wondering if there are any 'must-know scoring tactics' such as when to stack the 4x playfield. I have read the Tilt forums rules but haven't dug too far for any videos, etc.

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Finally figured the problem out. Took the gargoyle off the right side. ( removed 4 screws) Topper opened properly. There was 2 post under the gargoyle and slightly bent them and reapplied the screws and everything is now working. The gargoyle screws were slightly off on alignment causing it not to open properly. Hopefully no one else has the issue in the future but if so hope this helps!

thanks for sharing, same problem here, now it works

#7706 3 years ago

17B is suspect, 4-5Billion is a hot game. Definitely read the full rule book.

Quoted from isJ:

Just picked up an Elvira HOH and am having fun figuring out the game on my own, however, now that I see a 17b score I am wondering if there are any 'must-know scoring tactics' such as when to stack the 4x playfield. I have read the Tilt forums rules but haven't dug too far for any videos, etc.

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

You get the playfield multiplier relatively often - I believe Gappa Angry and House Party are the biggest scoring modes. House Party you can keep going for quite a while with strategic use of the Wheel.

#7708 3 years ago

Gappa Angry is the mode for sure...I think my high just for GAPPA alone was 2.4bil. ‘They came from Space’ has pretty hearty scoring as well. The games where I focus on progression towards selling the house and completion of movie modes typically net the highest scores.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You get the playfield multiplier relatively often - I believe Gappa Angry and House Party are the biggest scoring modes. House Party you can keep going for quite a while with strategic use of the Wheel.

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gappa Angry is the mode for sure...I think my high just for GAPPA alone was 2.4bil. ‘They came from Space’ has pretty hearty scoring as well. The games where I focus on progression towards selling the house and completion of movie modes typically net the highest scores.

I almost always score a lot more points in They Came From Space than Gappa Angry. You have to beat Gappa Angry in order to get the big points, which is a lot harder to do than beating They Came From Space (which has the add a ball feature).

#7710 3 years ago

The key in Gappa is to nail those backdoor sneak in after each lock. I got it down pat at one point and ended up getting Gappa Angry 6 ball three times in one game haha.

Quoted from RobT:

I almost always score a lot more points in They Came From Space than Gappa Angry. You have to beat Gappa Angry in order to get the big points, which is a lot harder to do than beating They Came From Space (which has the add a ball feature).

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The key in Gappa is to nail those backdoor sneak in after each lock. I got it down pat at one point and ended up getting Gappa Angry 6 ball three times in one game haha.

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There's a BOOK?

#7713 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

17B is no problem when the glass is off

One day i was testing my AFM (with glass off) after fixing a switch matrix issue. Ended up REALLY play testing it - put up new GC haha. Man i was on fire that day, its like some strange magic was preventing the ball from draining...

Then a week later Coyote came over and topped it. But with the glass on. Fuckin show off lol.

#7714 3 years ago

Haha I put up 89+billion on my Bally AFM one day (glass on)...and then listed it for sale the next. Figured I’d never top it. I did 3x ROTU with insane victory lap multis on the second go. Mental game.

Quoted from Completist:

17B is no problem when the glass is off
One day i was testing my AFM (with glass off) after fixing a switch matrix issue. Ended up REALLY play testing it - put up new GC haha. Man i was on fire that day, its like some strange magic was preventing the ball from draining...
Then a week later Coyote came over and topped it. But with the glass on. Fuckin show off lol.

#7715 3 years ago

Hey folks, just got this game.

I have an issue with the diverter behind the house. It's not diverting in the test, what is supposed to move? I don't see a damn thing happening. I hear a motor and nothing moves. Switch 53 is stuck on.

Switch 43 (house opto) also doesnt register, and the ball gets stuck on the back plate behind the house. If anyone has any advice I'd love to play this game I just bought. I'll start pulling it apart. Ahhh pinball, what a great hobby.

Problem: Elvira HOH house diverter stuck down

UPDATE: manually unjammed the motor and it looks like diverter is back in action, sort of. The diverter gets stuck locked in the down position.

UPDATE UPDATE: MrCleanHead suggested backing out the Allen on the diverter motor, it seems to work now when placed back into the game.

Problem: Elvira HOH back diverter causing ball to get stuck -- Loosened the two connecting screws a bit for some give from the diverter.

#7716 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Hey folks, just got this game.
I have an issue with the diverter behind the house. It's not diverting in the test, what is supposed to move? I don't see a damn thing happening. I hear a motor and nothing moves. Switch 53 is stuck on.
Switch 43 (house opto) also doesnt register, and the ball gets stuck on the back plate behind the house. If anyone has any advice I'd love to play this game I just bought. I'll start pulling it apart. Ahhh pinball, what a great hobby.
UPDATE: manually unjammed the motor and it looks like diverter is back in action, sort of. The diverter gets stuck locked in the down position.
I'll have to dig more tomorrow.

Did you buy NIB?

#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:17B is no problem when the glass is off

Or you just need a flakey ramp opto which is a known problem on this game.

Rob

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Or you just need a flakey ramp opto which is a known problem on this game.

Nobody NEEDS a flakey remote opto ...

#7720 3 years ago

Gold dust and weak flippers issue...
I have an order waiting at pinball life, so i would appreciate if someone can point me to the right things to order.
Thanks!

#7721 3 years ago

Don’t you Aussies play 5 ball over there?

Quoted from extendo:

You guys have Elwin and we have Macca [quoted image]

#7722 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I have an order waiting at pinball life, so i would appreciate if someone can point me to the right things to order.
Thanks!

All you need is new coil stops. The rest of the assembly should be fine. That being said, get some coil sleeves just to be safe.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thanks!

You are probably still using Stern coil stops. They are crap. Replace with ones from pinball life. That’s probably all you need.

#7724 3 years ago

Thank you

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

All you need is new coil stops. The rest of the assembly should be fine. That being said, get some coil sleeves just to be safe.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

Quoted from jfh:

You are probably still using Stern coil stops. They are crap. Replace with ones from pinball life. That’s probably all you need.

Thanks!

#7725 3 years ago

Odds of Stern shipping out any Elviras in April for those with deposits put down last year?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Odds of Stern shipping out any Elviras in April for those with deposits put down last year?

Your distributor should know.

#7727 3 years ago

Made it today for the first time to Wild Market Value.

What a great game, but was hoping there was a little bit more wow factor after selling the house.

Anyway I love this game.
C43ED0D0-E3B8-4981-9911-34FC5642292C (resized).jpegC43ED0D0-E3B8-4981-9911-34FC5642292C (resized).jpeg

#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Made it today for the first time to Wild Market Value.
What a great game, but was hoping there was a little bit more wow factor after selling the house.
Anyway I love this game.
[quoted image]

That's an insane score! Is Wild Market Value the final mode more or less?

#7729 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's an insane score! Is Wild Market Value the final mode more or less?

Yes it is. But it is less impressive then Gappa angry, directors cut or they came from space. Untypical for a final wizard mode.

Got 80 millions for hitting the target and that was it

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes it is. But it is less impressive then Gappa angry, directors cut or they came from space. Untypical for a final wizard mode.

Maybe there is another update in store for us

#7731 3 years ago

I'm betting on at least 2 more updates.

#7732 3 years ago

Zero, I’ve been saying this for 6 months. JP and GOTG are on the line now...IMDN and EHOH are held up again due to motor parts holdup from China.

#7733 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Zero, I’ve been saying this for 6 months. JP and GOTG are on the line now...IMDN and EHOH are held up again due to motor parts holdup from China.

Are they making any gotg prem or just pros?

#7734 3 years ago

I think they are just running pros. They should retire GOTG, IMDN and BM66 then move on to new titles and JP prem and EHOH backlogs imo.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are they making any gotg prem or just pros?

#7735 3 years ago

Ya, I don't get it either. Get on to new stuff. But, woukd buy a gotg prem if available

#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think they are just running pros. They should retire GOTG, IMDN and BM66 then move on to new titles and JP prem and EHOH backlogs imo.

I second the EHOH backlogs.

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt it. Mine doesn’t

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

At the first of the year my distributor told me May.

I hate to bug him too much so I figured I would call again toward the end of this month, and ask if May was still looking good.

I keep watching this thread to see when others start getting theirs, and I will call him the minute I read about anyone getting the game, and ask if mine has arrived yet.

#7739 3 years ago

In case I were to be early getting it, I will spread the info here also.

#7740 3 years ago

I doubt it. Mine doesn’t

Then keep on top of your distributor because (a) they get updates from Stern and (b) they can request status from Stern.
Games don’t just magically get drop shipped to distributors. Both times I have bought a Stern game that wasn’t in stock the distributor was able to give me a time window +/- 2 weeks and that came from Stern.

#7741 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Then keep on top of your distributor because (a) they get updates from Stern and (b) they can request status from Stern.
Games don’t just magically get drop shipped to distributors. Both times I have bought a Stern game that wasn’t in stock the distributor was able to give me a time window +/- 2 weeks and that came from Stern.

I will do that. Thank you.

#7742 3 years ago

Hey Everyone, I started having a problem last night with balls getting stuck in the house on mode starts. I can see the ball behind the post (same one as in this pic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477), and when the solenoid fires to pull up the post, the ball gets knocked to the left and then the post goes down before the ball can exit the house. I usually have to take off the glass to get the ball unstuck.

Looking at it last night, it does appear that the post is slightly angled. Not enough to bind when the solenoid fires, but maybe enough to knock the ball back up subway behind the house?

Anyone have any experience adjusting for this?

If the post would just stay up for a few seconds, it would work fine. Not sure if this is a problem with how the post is being fired or with how the post is aligned.

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Hey Everyone, I started having a problem with the last night with balls getting stuck in the house on mode starts. I can see the ball behind the post (same one as in this pic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477), and when the solenoid fires to pull up the post, the ball gets knocked to the left and then the post goes down before the ball can exit the house. I usually have to take off the glass to get the ball unstuck.
Looking at it last night, it does appear that the post is slightly angled. Not enough to bind when the solenoid fires, but maybe enough to knock the ball back up subway behind the house?

Dang, I still have the *opposite* problem!

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

Hey Everyone, I started having a problem last night with balls getting stuck in the house on mode starts. I can see the ball behind the post (same one as in this pic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477), and when the solenoid fires to pull up the post, the ball gets knocked to the left and then the post goes down before the ball can exit the house. I usually have to take off the glass to get the ball unstuck.
If the post would just stay up for a few seconds, it would work fine. Not sure if this is a problem with how the post is being fired or with how the post is aligned.

I think I have it sorted out. Whatever idiot who worked on it last week to fix the post binding installed the solenoid upside down. Wish I could get my hands in that jerk

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from bwill:

I think I have it sorted out. Whatever idiot who worked on it last week to fix the post binding installed the solenoid upside down. Wish I could get my hands in that jerk

Glad you found the problem.

Just don't let "that jerk" work on your game again!

#7746 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got to Wild Market Value too, and I agree with you completely.

Director's Cut is my favorite, followed by Gappa Angry, and then They Came From Space (all 3 are great).

#7747 3 years ago

Anyone get any word from their distributors about shipping NIB EHOH this month?

#7748 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone get any word from their distributors about shipping NIB EHOH this month?

Nothing from my distributor

1 week later
#7749 3 years ago

Yes, we're back! Greetings from Belgium.

#7750 3 years ago

Anyone hear any updates on when more games are going to hit the line?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/155?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.