IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 363.
#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What instruction/apron cards come with the premium? Does it only come with the ugly yellow ones for the right side?

Yup. Fugly yellow. Look at coindropper thread ,post 732 I think

#7652 3 years ago

Stern is also making more JP pro/prem, IMDN pro/prem as well as EHOH. I think it’s realistic to say they’ll open the line for one week each per model before running the new game that has yet to be announced. So...250 is my estimation.

Also of note: production of JP prem has been pushed to April as Stern is waiting on step motor parts from China that have not yet arrived in CA. Heard a similar story about IMDN prem aaand not sure if it’s the same motor that’s in EHOH. Could be awhile.

Quoted from Superpops1:

How many games will be produced next month? I have heard Stern can produce about 50 games per day once they are all tooled up and rolling. If its a 2 week run that would be about 500 games in total assuming they don’t work weekends in production, if its mon - sat shifts then 600 games.
I am super excited to have my order in.

#7653 3 years ago

I’ve shipped with USPS nearly everyday for the past 20 years. Pack well and your item will arrive safe and on time. Pack like shit (a la Stern toppers)...your likely gonna have a prob. You can’t stick a 40 lb slab of cheap metal in a thin cardboard box and expect the item to be safe on arrival. Has nothing to do with USPS and everything to do with Sterns cost cutting and general greed.

I was shocked there was no foam. My BKSOR topper did and it was much lighter and half the price. USPS still sucks.

#7654 3 years ago

Is it possible to change the time how long the topper will stay open ?

#7655 3 years ago

According to Stern, they are accepting Elvira orders but they don't have a build scheduled to fulfill those orders. The April run is sold out.

#7656 3 years ago

Pretty sure that the April builds may not even happen in April...see my earlier post.

Quoted from FlaMike:

According to Stern, they are accepting Elvira orders but they don't have a build scheduled to fulfill those orders. The April run is sold out.

#7657 3 years ago

April build ain’t happening if you ask me.
See my earlier post and this...

Quoted from FlaMike:

2396255F-976F-47B3-9F7F-DF7A7DB5A4B8 (resized).png2396255F-976F-47B3-9F7F-DF7A7DB5A4B8 (resized).png
#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had to split it to get just top texture and scale it (used MS 3D Builder) theres lots of different sizes in the zip file

Would you mind sharing the final STL file that you ended up using?

#7659 3 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:I had to split it to get just top texture and scale it (used MS 3D Builder) theres lots of different sizes in the zip file

Interesting; I split to parts in PrusaSlicer but it essentially had no effect. Will have to try again with the proper measurements. Started with the 4x1 5 shingles. Nice paint job BTW

#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had to split it to get just top texture and scale it (used MS 3D Builder) theres lots of different sizes in the zip file

+1 on the share if you don’t mind

#7661 3 years ago

Can you see any differences from stock on the front of my LE?
EHoH front of cab (resized).jpgEHoH front of cab (resized).jpg

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve shipped with USPS nearly everyday for the past 20 years. Pack well and your item will arrive safe and on time. Pack like shit (a la Stern toppers)...your likely gonna have a prob. You can’t stick a 40 lb slab of cheap metal in a thin cardboard box and expect the item to be safe on arrival. Has nothing to do with USPS and everything to do with Sterns cost cutting and general greed.

USPS sucks sorry. They take forever, loose and damage boxes. They are constantly in the hole by 100’s of millions of dollars. The government runs them that’s why. They never turn a profit. Their prices have gone way up and I stopped using them a few years ago. Never again unless I am mailing something like papers or cards.

#7663 3 years ago

I’ve shipped thousands of items over the past 20 years, no complaints, no damages, all delivered in estimated time frames depending on method. They are not a for profit organization, they are a federal service. Also, you spelled ‘lose’ wrong.

USPS sucks sorry. They take forever, loose and damage boxes. They are constantly in the hole by 100’s of millions of dollars. The government runs them that’s why. They never turn a profit. Their prices have gone way up and I stopped using them a few years ago. Never again unless I am mailing something like papers or cards.

6EDFEF7B-F61B-4605-BA5B-735676E683F2 (resized).png6EDFEF7B-F61B-4605-BA5B-735676E683F2 (resized).png
#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve shipped thousands of items over the past 20 years, no complaints, no damages, all delivered in estimated time frames depending on method. They are not a for profit organization, they are a federal service. Also, you spelled ‘lose’ wrong.
[quoted image]

How long you been working there?

#7665 3 years ago

Haha I don’t work there but I think that support of the USPS is important on so many levels. For voting, passports...check cashing and bill paying for inner city folks, employing so many Americans and Veterans. I just think taking a shit on the USPS is wildly Un-American position. Especially for nit picky “late packages” pricing complaints and poorly packaged things getting damaged. GTFOH...for profit package/ mail services do no better, cost more and are not age old American institutions.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How long you been working there?

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Haha I don’t work there but I think that support of the USPS is important on so many levels. For voting, passports...check cashing and bill paying for inner city folks, employing so many Americans and Veterans. I just think taking a shit on the USPS is wildly Un-American position. Especially for nit picky “late packages” pricing complaints and poorly packaged things getting damaged. GTFOH...for profit package/ mail services do no better, cost more and are not age old American institutions.

You might reconsider your position if you lived in the LA area the last couple of years.

#7667 3 years ago

There are many reasons why I don’t live in LA...the state of the local usps ain’t one of em haha

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You might reconsider your position if you lived in the LA area the last couple of years.

#7668 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

So your still wrong and also a grammar Nazi. Congrats. By your logic since they are non profit and our tax dollars pay for them, it’s ok for them to be billions in the red. Well done. Google is your friend.

57A6827F-85A7-489A-B7C2-31EF282DE863 (resized).jpeg57A6827F-85A7-489A-B7C2-31EF282DE863 (resized).jpeg

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

7925DDFB-8049-4116-A427-5A6B13767A50 (resized).jpeg7925DDFB-8049-4116-A427-5A6B13767A50 (resized).jpeg
#7670 3 years ago

So your still wrong and also a grammar Nazi. Congrats. By your logic since they are non profit and our tax dollars pay for them, it’s ok for them to be billions in the red. Well done. Google is your friend.
[quoted image]

One more salient point to this discussion is that while the USPS is a federal service, it receives NO TAX DOLLARS for operations. They have to operate solely on funding from delivering packages, stamps, etc.

However, it takes an act of Congress for them to raise prices, and they still have to stay within reasonable competitive pricing -AND- they are still responsible for federal employees’ pensions (also a Congressional decision).

So imagine you own a business with a silent partner. You are trying to stay in the black and know you need to charge 10 cents more for your services. But your silent partner is in charge of ALL the pricing and salary decisions. And he takes a 2 year vacation and works his other 3 jobs the rest of the time. Meanwhile you have to keep hiring new people. You would be out of business within a month! ... but the Federal government says you legally have to exist, so... what do you do? That’s right, take on debt.

#7671 3 years ago

(Double checks to make sure still in in the Elvira House of Horrors pinball thread)

#7672 3 years ago

USPS actually makes money if you take away the 70 year advance pension prefunding mandate they were saddled with to make them LOOK insolvent so there was an excuse to sell USPS off in pieces and privatize for no actual good reason. NO OTHER COMPANY, public or private has to prefund their pensions 70 years in advance. THOSE forced payments are what makes the huge on paper losses. In fact Dejoy's laughable plan to "save" the post office with shorter hours, longer service and price raises relies almost completely on removal of the prefunding mandate to make it profitable, which it CAN BE without ANY of those cuts.

It's laughable. HE'S the moron that sabotaged USPS in the most damaging way in my lifetime and his "fix" is to remove the prefunding mandate (which he can't do without an act of congress) that everyone already knows is the problem.

#7673 3 years ago

this got boring quickly!

#7674 3 years ago

The good news is it arrived without getting crushed. The bad news is it won't fit on my game because of my low ceiling. It is a 1/4" off from working.

20210326_133737 (resized).jpg20210326_133737 (resized).jpg

#7675 3 years ago

The good news is it arrived without getting crushed. The bad news is it won't fit on my game because of my low ceiling. It is a 1/4" off from working.
[quoted image]

Wow that sucks. I guess its time for shorter legs.

#7676 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Do you have a nut between the bottom of each leg and the leveler? If so, I wonder if removing that would allow you to screw the leveler into the leg just a bit more to give you the clearance you need.

#7677 3 years ago

[quoted image]

sooo, you're looking to sell?

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Do you have a nut between the bottom of each leg and the leveler? If so, I wonder if removing that would allow you to screw the leveler into the leg just a bit more to give you the clearance you need.

I was thinking that also but decided not to mess with it. I might just move the game to my vacation house where it isn't an issue or just sell the topper and run topperless. The topper certainly isn't a must have for me and I won't have any trouble selling it.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Can you see any differences from stock on the front of my LE?
[quoted image]

Are you happy with the generic headphone jack? I assume that is from PBL?

I think the Stern one looks better, but it's literally twice as much money, and I can't imagine that there is any difference in performance/sound quality.

#7680 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Can you lower the leg levelers in the back and if needed remove the front ones? A 1/4” is not that much at all.

#7681 3 years ago

Can you lower the leg levelers in the back and if needed remove the front ones? A 1/4” is not that much at all.

You could swap in some other legs that are 28.5" vs the current Stern 30.5".

rps20210327_140230 (resized).jpgrps20210327_140230 (resized).jpg
#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You could swap in some other legs that are 28.5" vs the current Stern 30.5".
[quoted image]

Swapping legs instead of lowering the leg levelers and removing the front ones if needed is not the most cost effective.

#7683 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure I can get the topper to fit if drop the game the height of the leveler nut. I just think it will look kinda goofy that close to my ceiling.

#7684 3 years ago

Remove the legs and set it on milk crates.

#7685 3 years ago

Swapping legs instead of lowering the leg levelers and removing the front ones if needed is not the most cost effective.

Yes, but if removing the front levelers wasn't quite enough it could be a back up option.

#7686 3 years ago

Cost effective seems oxymoronic when putting a thousand dollar topper on a ten thousand dollar toy

#7687 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Really good news as there is profit to be made...LOL

#7688 3 years ago

Ok so I got my topper installed and haven’t seen Elvira pop out in 2 days what do I have to do, or when does it activate? I check on it on the settings and everything works fine but haven’t seen it in action???.

#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Ok so I got my topper installed and haven’t seen Elvira pop out in 2 days what do I have to do, or when does it activate? I check on it on the settings and everything works fine but haven’t seen it in action???.

did you increase the percentage? I’m at 80% and she pops up randomly but enough to keep it fun.

#7690 3 years ago

I have at 50% is she supposed to scream when she pops up or just pop up? Anyone know the settings to make it more fun ?

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

did you increase the percentage? I’m at 80% and she pops up randomly but enough to keep it fun.

I have at 50% is she supposed to scream when she pops up or just pop up? Anyone know the settings to make it more fun ?

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/151#post-6195197

#7693 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I think it needs more coding. I can change the settings to whatever I want, but I really didn’t notice a difference. It pops up so fast, that there is no effect for me during gameplay. I wish it stays up open much longer and more often then now.

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you happy with the generic headphone jack? I assume that is from PBL?
I think the Stern one looks better, but it's literally twice as much money, and I can't imagine that there is any difference in performance/sound quality.

I have both generic is fine .. I kinda like the larger knob too . Best pet is external volume control !

#7695 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for a topper there is one listed on GreatAmericanPinball website for $1200.

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I’ve never seen her pop up without screaming.

#7697 3 years ago

How long will yours pop up . I think mine is a second or less. Is that normal ?

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Cost effective seems oxymoronic when putting a thousand dollar topper on a ten thousand dollar toy

But why spend money on new legs when you can do the fix for free regardless what was spent on the topper.

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

April build ain’t happening if you ask me.
See my earlier post and this...
[quoted image]

I live in southern cali and our coastline is filled with freighters offshore waiting to come in. It looks like from Long beach down to San Diego is packed. I can only assume its going the other way toward Santa Barbara too. Lets hope our Longshoreman kick ass at unloading those things and get industry rolling.

#7700 3 years ago

Problem is, they are going back to China empty. Over 50% now. Going to take a long time to catch up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/154?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.