IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 363.
#701 4 years ago

Does anyone else get random scoring before a game starts. Somethings when I wait a bit to start play the game will randomly start scoring tonight it was acting like happy hour. So I scored 20million before the ball left the shooter trough.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from lockie:

Does anyone else get random scoring before a game starts. Somethings when I wait a bit to start play the game will randomly start scoring tonight it was acting like happy hour. So I scored 20million before the ball left the shooter trough.

Probably need to check the optos on the ramps.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

How many people still waiting on there LE?

Got tracking today... should be here Friday! I know what I'm doing this weekend
20191113_003805 (resized).jpg20191113_003805 (resized).jpg

#704 4 years ago

Oh no. I hope you’re Not putting it in front of a window.

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Oh no. I hope you’re Not putting it in front of a window.

It's a window under a deck. Was really a stupid place to put a window to begin with. Always locked, no light.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from lockie:

What I did:

Take glass off. Open your coin door after power up and hit the menu button 4-5 times. It warps you straight into switch edges /test. Close coin door. There are a few optics that go loose. Both Ramps and this image which is below the ramp. Push on the ramps. That movement may trigger a optic out of alignment. Adjust and again lightly knock the ramp around. You probably get the idea now..

All The VUKs at their default high power settings may shake these optics out of alignment. It’s really hard to physically see if the receiver and transmitter are aligned since you are looking down at a angle most the time.

F5E224D1-FDEA-4C55-84D4-95EF09E4CAE2 (resized).jpegF5E224D1-FDEA-4C55-84D4-95EF09E4CAE2 (resized).jpeg
#707 4 years ago

one More thing. I found it impossible to
Hit the Backdoor shot with standard level. Where I should have hit it, it would always roll past one way or the other. I adjusted the left side of machine just a bit higher than the right, using a level across front (bubble touching the left line).
Now it actually works. Still hard to hit.

#708 4 years ago

Stern asked me to remove my topper idea. There were similarities to what they were planning.

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Still waiting.... I keep hoping for a call from the trucking company![quoted image]

Still some waiting on LE's - Then I guess it will be a bit until the Premiums start rolling off the production line and start shipping.

Not too worried about a topper. No room for one at my place, besides I guess I don't mind if Elvira is topless.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Still some waiting on LE's - Then I guess it will be a bit until the Premiums start rolling off the production line and start shipping.
Not too worried about a topper. No room for one at my place, besides I guess I don't mind if Elvira is topless.

i was told last week that my premium should ship this week, but haven't heard anything yet. anyone know if premiums are on the line?

#711 4 years ago

Stern always drops the ball on toppers. Star Wars? Woulda sold a ton at game release. Now, probably not. Black knight? Woulda sold a ton at game release. Now, probably not. On and on, we’ll never see a topper for Elvira. They should just stop trying. It’s pathetic.

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Stern always drops the ball on toppers. Star Wars? Woulda sold a ton at game release. Now, probably not. Black knight? Woulda sold a ton at game release. Now, probably not. On and on, we’ll never see a topper for Elvira. They should just stop trying. It’s pathetic.

And Musters has been a disaster. Don’t think a single one has worked correctly out of the box.

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

Stern asked me to remove my topper idea. There were similarities to what they were planning.

So they are working on one, sweet! Didn't plan on getting any toppers but after seeing the Black Knight topper I'm kinda wanting that one and one for my Elvira.

#714 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it.

#715 4 years ago

I liked yours, especially with the larger gargoyles that looked like the ones in the game.
But I'm hoping the Stern topper incorporates a bust of Elvira in their design.

#716 4 years ago

Got my playfield protector from Germany today. Now I just need my game.

#717 4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas on checking the optos. I will work on that this week when I have the time for trial and error.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ditto....mine arrived today also.

#719 4 years ago

Cliffy hooked me up with shooter lane protectors. Looks good and does its job. What more could you ask for?

20191113_200153 (resized).jpg20191113_200153 (resized).jpg20191113_201852 (resized).jpg20191113_201852 (resized).jpg
#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Cliffy hooked me up with shooter lane protectors. Looks good and does its job. What more could you ask for?[quoted image][quoted image]

Just got mine today also. I have to install in four Stern machines. Probably about a half day job.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Just got mine today also. I have to install in four Stern machines. Probably about a half day job.

Worth every minute and every cent. Keeps the shooter lane nice and minty.

#722 4 years ago
Quoted from lockie:

yup, I got 48 million somehow by hitting a gargoyle on the first flip.
it was random and hasn't happened in a while.
I also found a big chunk of broken plastic under the trunk.... not from my game.

#723 4 years ago

hocuslocus I have no idea. Don’t hesitate to contact stern support. Let us know how it works out.

#724 4 years ago

My LE is finally on the truck to Denver. Now that I actually know when it should be here, the wait is even more agonizing. Illinois to Colorado is too far.

#725 4 years ago

One of the walls of my house broke.

Left wall, behind the drop target. I guess it happened from the ball going around that sharp turn at a high speed, got some air, and smashed right into it. Fortunately, you can't really notice the damage unless you look VERY closely, as it's pretty much hidden by the left ramp. But STILL. It's very sad.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#726 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

One of the walls of my house broke.
Left wall, behind the drop target. I guess it happened from the ball going around that sharp turn at a high speed, got some air, and smashed right into it. Fortunately, you can't really notice the damage unless you look VERY closely, as it's pretty much hidden by the left ramp. But STILL. It's very sad.

The house is mostly metal (I was surprised when I found that out). You didn’t break one of those metal parts did you? Contact Stern support. They should hook you up with a replacement. Please share with the group what part failed.

#727 4 years ago

This panel?

3C7CAA07-1C4C-48E1-BD05-05369A6F316B (resized).jpeg3C7CAA07-1C4C-48E1-BD05-05369A6F316B (resized).jpeg
#728 4 years ago

This piece.
#22 from the diagram (I think!)

Screenshot (52)_LI_Moment (resized).jpgScreenshot (52)_LI_Moment (resized).jpgJ1 Operation and Parts Manual.pdfJ1 Operation and Parts Manual.pdf
#729 4 years ago

This piece.
#22 from the diagram (I think!)[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that piece metal or plastic?

#730 4 years ago

My playfield protector arrived yesterday as well. Have some SS boney flippers I'm going to put on, an SS shooter rod that I think will work well, an SS topper that might work great if I can tie it in and the ramp protector. Just waiting on the shipment call now as well

#731 4 years ago

Is that piece metal or plastic?

Plastic. I will take a picture of the broken piece later. For science.

#732 4 years ago

Plastic. I will take a picture of the broken piece later. For science.

For science - I like that. Maybe something can be done to protect the area from damage for the rest of us (you too after you get it replaced). Please post that photo when you can.

#733 4 years ago

For those that have put boney flippers on the game - do you like them? Do they fit the theme/game as you would think they do? What color flipper rubbers did you use?

#734 4 years ago

I have to remove my left ramp to adjust the gate spring beneath it. I can see the obvious screws in the plastic ramp but I can’t find the screws holding the metal part of the ramp. I see screws on the plastic air ball protector on the top of it but that only keeps the plastic top on looks to me. The posts on the side don’t seem to be where the metal ramp connects. Looked in the manual wasn’t sure from that either. Anyone who has removed the ramp help please? I thought there were six total screws feel like a moron that I can’t find the last two.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I have to remove my left ramp to adjust the gate spring beneath it. I can see the obvious screws in the plastic ramp but I can’t find the screws holding the metal part of the ramp. I see screws on the plastic air ball protector on the top of it but that only keeps the plastic top on looks to me. The posts on the side don’t seem to be where the metal ramp connects. Looked in the manual wasn’t sure from that either. Anyone who has removed the ramp help please? I thought there were six total screws feel like a moron that I can’t find the last two.

You just need to take the left plastic ramp out (no metal section). The spring needing tweaked becomes visible with that removed (just barely). It is mounted on the left post of the gate. Just reach in with your figure and bend it upwards and your done.

#736 4 years ago

You just need to take the left plastic ramp out (no metal section). The spring needing tweaked becomes visible with that removed (just barely). It is mounted on the left post of the gate. Just reach in with your figure and bend it upwards and your done.

Thanks a lot!

#737 4 years ago

Here’s the piece that broke on my house. See above for exact location.

23BB6FB4-4349-4813-9B19-804430DC61B4 (resized).jpeg23BB6FB4-4349-4813-9B19-804430DC61B4 (resized).jpeg
#738 4 years ago

Here’s the piece that broke on my house. See above for exact location.[quoted image]

My house broke on the first day I owned it at pretty much the exact place. Not quite the same break... But, same plastic... Same area. Mine was closer to where teh screw was.

Stern replaced the plastic, but I will not ever put it in... Not yet. I'll just keep it with my spare parts for now... So long as I have a plastic in great shape I don't mind that the one in the game is damaged... You can't see it. Not even if you try really, really hard to. So it doesn't impact anything.

So you should be able to get your replacement part.

#739 4 years ago

I’m having an issue, each time the skull on the ramp is lit to start the haunt, I shoot up the ramp. Instead of holding the ball while it plays the animation the ball dribbles out into the pop lanes On the right. Thoughts? It’s doing it 100% of the time.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m having an issue, each time the skull on the ramp is lit to start the haunt, I shoot up the ramp. Instead of holding the ball while it plays the animation the ball dribbles out into the pop lanes On the right. Thoughts? It’s doing it 100% of the time.

Check to make sure the up/down post in the subway behind the back board is functioning properly.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Stern replaced the plastic, but I will not ever put it in... Not yet. I'll just keep it with my spare parts for now... So long as I have a plastic in great shape I don't mind that the one in the game is damaged... You can't see it. Not even if you try really, really hard to. So it doesn't impact anything.

These are my thoughts EXACTLY. You really can’t even see the damage, even if you try. I won’t attempt to replace it. Looks like A LOT of work for something you can’t even see. As long as I know I HAVE a replacement part, I’m fine with it too.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LE 335, serial #297622 arrived today. So much for the correlation between LE and serial numbers.
(At first I thought the number was 333 which would have been awesome).

5F33639D-37ED-489A-AF64-4D69E3D7829A (resized).jpeg5F33639D-37ED-489A-AF64-4D69E3D7829A (resized).jpeg

#743 4 years ago

deleted. Duplicate.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LE 335, serial #297622 arrived today. So much for the correlation between LE and serial numbers.
[quoted image]

Glad you finally got it!

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The correlation is correct. You have serial number 297662 according to the box, which is the correct SN for 335.

And congrats on the game!

#746 4 years ago

I put Pinstadium Omegas in my Elvira LE tonight. I love them! I have them set at only 20 percent because I really like the dark effects and haunted kind of feel the game has. If I have them on high it changes the feel of the game too much. However the middle of the playfield is just too dark without them. There are no spotlights in the game and it’s very hard to read all the inserts and playfield labels without the Pinstadiums. I have the UV flasher hooked up to the shaker motor. There isn’t much shaker code yet but it’s cool when it comes on. Just played a couple games and it was great to see everything. This photo is at 20 percent light level.

D9F98C7F-C839-4498-88A7-1D7754FBA189 (resized).jpegD9F98C7F-C839-4498-88A7-1D7754FBA189 (resized).jpeg
#747 4 years ago

Figures WackyBrackke would downvote that. Ask Mikey, he won’t like it, he hates everything.

#748 4 years ago

Had a weird glitch just now. Got to trailer trash for only the second time. It played a video right at the start with Elvira with bats in the beginning. She talked about 15-20 seconds but there was no sound on the entire clip. Never saw that clip before. Wondering if my machine just didn’t play that clip right this one time or if there is a bug in the code. Anyone else have this issue? Otherwise played flawlessly.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The correlation is correct. You have serial number 297662 according to the box, which is the correct SN for 335.
And congrats on the game!

Maybe this is why my scores always suck. I can’t read the numbers ...

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I put Pinstadium Omegas in my Elvira LE tonight. I love them! I have them set at only 20 percent because I really like the dark effects and haunted kind of feel the game has.

I thought about ordering a set but my concern was that they would interfere with the cool lighting effects on the house when it looks like the house is moving. Do you see any degradation of that effect at all?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.