IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 362.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Having issues with gargoyles in front of house. Originally they would pop up and stick in the up position. So I loosened them and repositioned. So now they move freely. Although after a few games the bracket gets hammered and moves. Thus making them catch again. Any ideas?
Magicchiz

If they are sticking they are likely not 100% true (straight). Take them out and check them. Try to straighten them out and snug down your posts. My guess is the zip ties Stern put In the game for shipping bent them slightly. If you can't straighten them out ask Stern for some new ones.

#652 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Dumb question, but did you remove the shipping foam from under neither the playfield that protects the gargoyles during shipping?

Yes, I may be slow, but not that slow.
Jc

#653 4 years ago

Mods mods where’s the mods

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Mods mods where’s the mods

I should have my premium next week, working on some mods this weekend. Should be ready to go once I have my game.

#655 4 years ago

Just want to give a shout out to Cliffy@ www.passionforpinball.com

After a bit of trial and error testing a shooter lane protector. He’s now come up with a product available now.

Originally we thought Star Wars protector would work on the left side but it was slightly different. A new proper left side has been laser cut and fits like a glove.

Send him an email and he’ll get you set up.

17868A8C-0118-4C62-8F39-BE754FAE72EB (resized).jpeg17868A8C-0118-4C62-8F39-BE754FAE72EB (resized).jpeg2AE3D40F-6E7F-4339-A5A4-56BB5D732F28 (resized).jpeg2AE3D40F-6E7F-4339-A5A4-56BB5D732F28 (resized).jpeg48CCCCC4-9E0C-4C8C-8FF4-A5E9E76A3DDD (resized).jpeg48CCCCC4-9E0C-4C8C-8FF4-A5E9E76A3DDD (resized).jpegACB05980-FA15-4B5F-8CFC-FCE38AA195A0 (resized).jpegACB05980-FA15-4B5F-8CFC-FCE38AA195A0 (resized).jpeg
#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Having issues with gargoyles in front of house. Originally they would pop up and stick in the up position. So I loosened them and repositioned. So now they move freely. Although after a few games the bracket gets hammered and moves. Thus making them catch again. Any ideas?
Magicchiz

I have had the same problem with the one to the right of the Crypt. Slight turn off the screw fixed it but it came back. Adjusted the 2 nd time and is still OK but maybe only 12 games since that adjustment. So I am trying to figured out what is moving also. The bars aren’t perfectly straight on any of them so while that would make it better it appearsthe movement makes it bind only on one of mine.

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

After leveling it correctly, the tilt wire is now very close to the bracket. It tilts very easily, even without nudging. Anyone has this issue or know the best way to fix it? (sorry it's difficult to show with pictures, the wire is almost touching the lower right part of the bracket)[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine were bent somewhere between the factory and initial setup on two of my pins. I just bent the ring back level and with the tilt bob hanging back in the center.

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Mine were bent somewhere between the factory and initial setup on two of my pins. I just bent the ring back level and with the tilt bob hanging back in the center.

I had to bent both the ring and the wire hanger but now we're good, thanks.
Did someone find an easy solution to close a bit more the crypt door?

#659 4 years ago

Did some playing again. Before I did though I put my ball trough even lower. I think its at 175 and that seems to be a nice strength for now. Don't know why again that they would set the default as high as they did...
Also, don't know why this isn't a standard line of code in their pinball programs.

I mean... There should be basic code for their machines that they should be able to copy and paste to implement. Ball trough power should have been one of them.

Anyway... Back to the code... I was playing the Manster mode. And I think it does have the final mode completion shot. But, when you shoot it you only get the points for the shot and you do not get credit for completing the mode. Completed it again and big time bummer I didn't get the credit nor do you get trailer trash.

On a positive note. Each time I play this game I am amazed at the callouts.
I never liked the "Phew, that was close" callout... Until I myself happened to say "Phew" right as Elvira said it... And I was like... Okay, I guess it is a fun callout. I also like the "yeah light my fire" callout. Not sure if too many young people will get it... But, it doesn't matter.
I know people said before that this code for the game will be a masterpiece when it is finished.

But, I also think that this game might have some of the best uses of sound/music/callouts when all will be said and done.

#660 4 years ago

My Elvira SE arrived today. I love it

BE330703-DADE-425E-9783-005E09171BF1 (resized).jpegBE330703-DADE-425E-9783-005E09171BF1 (resized).jpeg
#661 4 years ago
Quoted from Kaiserstadt:

My Elvira SE arrived today. I love it[quoted image]

Wish they broadcasted the foil cabinet better cause it seems like the prime reason to own the SE

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Wish they broadcasted the foil cabinet better cause it seems like the prime reason to own the SE

But the quality of the foil really looks good. Similar to BM66 SLE

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Kaiserstadt:

My Elvira SE arrived today. I love it[quoted image]

what number did you get? also, could you please post a pic of your signature card? curious to see what others got. congrats on SE, she's a beaut.

#664 4 years ago

How many people still waiting on there LE?

#665 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Mine is being delivered Monday or Tuesday

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I had to bent both the ring and the wire hanger but now we're good, thanks.
Did someone find an easy solution to close a bit more the crypt door?

I haven’t seen on yet. Stern is telling everyone that is the way it was designed so I guess not able to be adjusted.

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is being delivered Monday or Tuesday

Exciting! Enjoy man

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I am. Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

what number did you get? also, could you please post a pic of your signature card? curious to see what others got. congrats on SE, she's a beaut.

10EB0DE2-5F77-4591-9BA5-680841B78E66 (resized).jpeg10EB0DE2-5F77-4591-9BA5-680841B78E66 (resized).jpeg1414C999-38FB-462D-9237-1CA216F1BBD2 (resized).jpeg1414C999-38FB-462D-9237-1CA216F1BBD2 (resized).jpeg3B15F807-34C2-4CB5-832B-FC988C756DB7 (resized).jpeg3B15F807-34C2-4CB5-832B-FC988C756DB7 (resized).jpeg
#670 4 years ago

Does the SLE foil decal have the slick thick B66Sle feel? As in are they like a thick radcal with slick finish or regular decal thickness like the iron man foil decals that were on the last run?

#671 4 years ago

Was the SE another $6k !

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Was the SE another $6k !

you mean worth 6k more? Hard to say. I try to collect the rarest stern pins.

#673 4 years ago

I tried to get one and they were gone !
I like rare stuff too, my AFG & TBL are among my pride n joy pins !

Maybe one will come along

Nice pin !

#674 4 years ago

Posting the first of our Elvira mods as we've been asked what we are up to for the game. Hoping my game arrives this week so I can show them in the game. Won't release any until then, but here's a preview. These have been created in-house, many hours of design work.

First up is a Bat mod with blinking eyes. I'd anticipate these to be sold in a pair placed along the sides of each ramp, but can be purchased as a single unit.

Second up is a Tombstone Pile Mod. I expect this will tie into the flashers. Also likely to be placed along the ramp or possibly back right or left.

Pm me if you are interested as these take a little while to make. No lists, but will make them as demand comes in,ikely a 2-day turnaround, not too bad. Pricing is likely to be $35 each shipped, will offer discounts on multiple items. When available they will be on our website and Pinside shop.

There's more to come...
1403641414 (resized).png1403641414 (resized).png439100873 (resized).png439100873 (resized).png

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I am still waiting. No update :/.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 4 years ago

Just calling a spade a spade here... buying this signature of Elvira that appears a total rip off. Elvira autograph is easy to get for $50 bucks so that really adds no value. A piece of a couch what? Huh?

You get no topper so what is the draw here exactly for the kind of money they're asking. Can someone explain because it appears to me as a giant money grab with little to NO effort put into making the game worth that kind of money.

If you ask me Stern should have had Elvira sign all 500 LE versions. She has an invested interest in their sale would have cost Stern nothing to do that. But I guess you save the $50 autograph for the 25k game. Unreal!

#677 4 years ago

The signature edition is nothing more than catering to those that want to pay a premium for artificial exclusivity. It’s even more of a straight cash grab than the Batman SLE which at least had custom audio. An easy quarter million split between Stern and the distribs that got an SE allocation.

It’s ALMOST possible to justify the difference between a Premium and LE, but it’s just bragging rights to move up to an SLE/SE.

I went with the LE because I really dislike the cabinet art on the Premium. If $5k wasn’t significant to me I might have considered an SE though I don’t particularly care for the speckled armor.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The signature edition is nothing more than catering to those that want to pay a premium for artificial exclusivity. It’s even more of a straight cash grab than the Batman SLE which at least had custom audio. An easy quarter million split between Stern and the distribs that got an SE allocation.
It’s ALMOST possible to justify the difference between a Premium and LE, but it’s just bragging rights to move up to an SLE/SE.
I went with the LE because I really dislike the cabinet art on the Premium. If $5k wasn’t significant to me I might have considered an SE though I don’t particularly care for the speckled armor.

You could most likely buy a premium and book Elvira to make a personal appearance with it for the same $$$ as the SLE.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Wish they broadcasted the foil cabinet better cause it seems like the prime reason to own the SE.

Quoted from Kaiserstadt:

The quality of the foil really looks good. Similar to BM66 SLE.

Quoted from drfrightner:

You get no topper, so what is the draw here exactly for the kind of money they're asking?

The main difference between LE and SE is the truly beautiful foil cabinet on the SE. However, the foil cab on Batman66 SLE had its own unique art (the Batmobile) while Elvira's House of Horrors LE and SE share the same artwork. And Batman66 SLE buyers also got a bat signal projector light added to the topper, while House of Horrors has no topper at all. Yes, you could pay Cassandra Peterson to autograph something for your game, so the extra $5K for the SE is mainly for the high quality foil cabinet and the exclusivity.

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just want to give a shout out to Cliffy@ www.passionforpinball.com
After a bit of trial and error testing a shooter lane protector. He’s now come up with a product available now.
Originally we thought Star Wars protector would work on the left side but it was slightly different. A new proper left side has been laser cut and fits like a glove.
Send him an email and he’ll get you set up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks very much for posting this info. Sent Cliffy an order today.

#681 4 years ago

Just received #11 SLE.

Great pin. No issues so far.

Wasnt going to get it but traded a Munsters plus cash on my end.
Elvira is a much better pin than Munsters.

38A257C9-D8A3-4622-AFB1-939D4321E0E0 (resized).jpeg38A257C9-D8A3-4622-AFB1-939D4321E0E0 (resized).jpeg81D0CDAC-B25C-4945-BC01-03257618C8E1 (resized).jpeg81D0CDAC-B25C-4945-BC01-03257618C8E1 (resized).jpeg
#682 4 years ago

What in the world is that tree mod thing you’re tinkering with in there?

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

What in the world is that tree mod thing you’re tinkering with in there?

I was wondering about that myself?

#684 4 years ago

Hey, guys! There're only a few days left to sign up for the Pinside Secret Santa program. If you haven't participated before, it's a lot of fun!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2019-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-15th-now-clo#post-5285490

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I'm considering making custom toppers for EHoH. I'd like to gauge what the interest might be. My first run would be for 50 toppers. The size would be 24" wide and 9" high. The gargoyles are 3D resin figures hand painted by me and will have LED eyes. The wall behind the gargoyles is also a resin cast part and hand painted by me. The cemetery photo was taken by my cousin at Union Grove cemetery in Canal Winchester, Ohio. Under the large tree on the right is my ancestor's plot. The oldest grave in this plot is my great great grandfather who died in the mid 1800s. I've photoshopped in characters from the movies used in the game. Some may look photoshopped but I think that fits with the crude B movie style. I will add more characters and the cemetery will be lit with RGB leds. The attached pics are a quick photoshop comp of what I expect the topper to look like. The smaller gargoyles are more easily attainable, but I prefer the larger ones because they are almost identical to the ones in the games. Unfortunately, it will take up to 4 months to get them. The smaller ones in the chair would be available much sooner.[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree the larger gargoyles look much better and fit the game better. I would be interested depending on what the official topper is. I'm thinking they might have Elvira on her couch for the topper. Would be interested in seeing what Stern comes out with first.

#687 4 years ago

Just the fact that you, Dennis, would be designing them is a positive. I would be interested.

#688 4 years ago

I’m a hour late, and missed the images?

#689 4 years ago

Missed the images but count me in on a topper.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Missed the images but count me in on a topper.

I do not understand why the images were taken down. Topper looked awesome.

#691 4 years ago

Count me in too!

#692 4 years ago

I would be in on thr topper

#693 4 years ago

I'm in....

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Posting the first of our Elvira mods as we've been asked what we are up to for the game. Hoping my game arrives this week so I can show them in the game. Won't release any until then, but here's a preview. These have been created in-house, many hours of design work.
First up is a Bat mod with blinking eyes. I'd anticipate these to be sold in a pair placed along the sides of each ramp, but can be purchased as a single unit.

Second up is a Tombstone Pile Mod. I expect this will tie into the flashers. Also likely to be placed along the ramp or possibly back right or left.
Pm me if you are interested as these take a little while to make. No lists, but will make them as demand comes in,ikely a 2-day turnaround, not too bad. Pricing is likely to be $35 each shipped, will offer discounts on multiple items. When available they will be on our website and Pinside shop.
There's more to come...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I am in!!

#695 4 years ago

It looks great I'll be in for one as well

#696 4 years ago

Is Elvira on it at all? Or just cemetery and characters from the b movies?

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiball33:

I agree the larger gargoyles look much better and fit the game better. I would be interested depending on what the official topper is. I'm thinking they might have Elvira on her couch for the topper. Would be interested in seeing what Stern comes out with first.

Are we sure Stern will be making a topper for this? Just asking is all. The only thing I know for certain is I want a topper. But, I'm going to be picky I think.

#698 4 years ago

Figures. Leave the house for a few hours and miss the apparently cool images.

#699 4 years ago

I'm in Dennis! will look great on the SLE!

#700 4 years ago

Who posted the images of the topper? Is it a stern topper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/14?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.