Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 361.
#7401 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I definitely am excited. I am 50 with Parkinson’s and my health is worsening and pinball gives me great joy besides my wife and kids. And my wife and kids love the game and so does my son who has autism.
So my situation is different. Playing pinball takes my mind off of life and my health problems and EHOH is just a near perfect pin for me and my family. Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas.

Sad to hear about your health problems. Wish you the best of health for you and your family in the future. I see you are loving pinball!! Thanks for sharing your story!!

#7402 3 years ago

This incredible mod arrived today. Thanks docquest !

Can’t wait to install it in my game. Had to choose whether to give up the Elvira/Limited Edition plastic or the design team signatures but life’s full of tough choices.

B6AC40F2-76F2-4C36-891C-5AC63EB3DC22 (resized).jpegB6AC40F2-76F2-4C36-891C-5AC63EB3DC22 (resized).jpeg
#7403 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Just got my powdercoated hardware back from the local shop. I went with a medium red as in the center of the Elvira text down the side, with a hint of sparkle. Happy with how this dresses up the Premium
Also 3D printed some gargoyles to cover the bolts on the legs. They don’t stick out much at all and aren’t in the way, but press fit on the bolts so they’d just pop off if someone hit them somehow.
Now just waiting for the topper and this one’s done!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you design the gargoyle or did you get the 3D file from someplace? Those look really nice.

#7404 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Did you design the gargoyle or did you get the 3D file from someplace? Those look really nice.

Both. I found the Gargoyle 3D scan and modified it to remove the 45 degree section and add spaced acorn nut shaped holes with space for the washers. Still a work in progress but it fits nicely, simply press fits over the bolts. I could use some sort of double sided tape or adhesive if desired but it's really not necessary. I'll put the file up on Thingiverse if anyone wants to print one or two.

#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Both. I found the Gargoyle 3D scan and modified it to remove the 45 degree section and add spaced acorn nut shaped holes with space for the washers. Still a work in progress but it fits nicely, simply press fits over the bolts. I could use some sort of double sided tape or adhesive if desired but it's really not necessary. I'll put the file up on Thingiverse if anyone wants to print one or two.

Yes, please put up the file. I'll be getting a set printed out.

#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Yes, please put up the file. I'll be getting a set printed out.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4793137

#7407 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Sad to hear about your health problems. Wish you the best of health for you and your family in the future. I see you are loving pinball!! Thanks for sharing your story!!

Your most welcome and appreciate your kind words. God gives us all trials to bare and with getting through them we can help others who are going through tough times. I started in 2019 and have 8 pins and got hooked immediately. I sold Bally KISS, Cyclone, Stern Disco, and Space Jam. The wife fell in love with the newer pins so sold to buy new pins which unfortunately is part of this hobby.

Only so much space and need to shake up the lineup. There’s worse things to spend money on and love passing on the love of pinball to my kids. I love that my kids enjoy the things my wife and I loved growing up in the 70’s and 80’s.

Just waiting for Godzilla and this year will be pinball gold for me.

#7408 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Just got my powdercoated hardware back from the local shop. I went with a medium red as in the center of the Elvira text down the side, with a hint of sparkle. Happy with how this dresses up the Premium
Also 3D printed some gargoyles to cover the bolts on the legs. They don’t stick out much at all and aren’t in the way, but press fit on the bolts so they’d just pop off if someone hit them somehow.
Now just waiting for the topper and this one’s done!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I LOVE this idea! Did you design them or are they on Thingiverse ?

Edit: never mind, read 2 posts down.

Really cool looking

#7409 3 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Bought a few sets of the apron protectors from EIGHTBITWHIT for different machines, and thought I'd post the #EHOH pics here. Easy install, and the purple matched perfectly! Thanks, Whitney!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the gargoyles are awesome. thanks for sharing the stl!

#7410 3 years ago

Im having an interesting little issue with my left most gargoyle target that has me scratching my head.

It works, and glass off I can touch it or throw the ball at it and it triggers normally. However with the flipper (a little more force) anytime you hit it good it wont register. Everything visually looks and also feels the same as the other gargoyle targets.

Any suggestion is to what to look at for this issue?

Thanks.

#7411 3 years ago

Topper shipped!

26F621DC-0281-4F6A-A964-2A003BE57D67 (resized).png26F621DC-0281-4F6A-A964-2A003BE57D67 (resized).png
#7412 3 years ago

Your most welcome and appreciate your kind words. God gives us all trials to bare and with getting through them we can help others who are going through tough times. I started in 2019 and have 8 pins and got hooked immediately. I sold Bally KISS, Cyclone, Stern Disco, and Space Jam. The wife fell in love with the newer pins so sold to buy new pins which unfortunately is part of this hobby.
Only so much space and need to shake up the lineup. There’s worse things to spend money on and love passing on the love of pinball to my kids. I love that my kids enjoy the things my wife and I loved growing up in the 70’s and 80’s.
Just waiting for Godzilla and this year will be pinball gold for me.

You seem like a cool dude. I hope our paths cross someday. I restarted around the same time as you started. This Hobby is addicting.

#7413 3 years ago

You premium guys should all be buying the Stern Munsters armour and powder coat everything green. Sexiest of all EHOH models:

60568F27-300F-4B60-8101-3E269F69E224 (resized).jpeg60568F27-300F-4B60-8101-3E269F69E224 (resized).jpeg
#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

You seem like a cool dude. I hope our paths cross someday. I restarted around the same time as you started. This Hobby is addicting.

So do I my friend. Appreciate the nice compliment. Wish I started a while ago when prices were much more reasonable. I am originally from Ohio. Moved out to Arizona after I got sick. You don’t have to shovel heat.

#7415 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You premium guys should all be buying the Stern Munsters armour and powder coat everything green. Sexiest of all EHOH models:[quoted image]

That looks great!! I was looking at the Munsters side armor. Looks so much better in green. What green is that? And how much did it cost you? Can you take some a bit further away showing the legs and lockdown bar? Thank you for posting.

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I LOVE this idea! Did you design them or are they on Thingiverse ?
Edit: never mind, read 2 posts down.
Really cool looking

thank you! I just printed a few more. They’re pretty neat on the machine and tuck around the leg enough that they’re really not in the way at all. If you have a 3D printer or friend with one, give em a try

#7417 3 years ago

So my HoH Deadhead crypt isn’t locking into place correctly. When you hit the ‘closed’ gate, it lowers to reveal the skull, but it doesn’t stay anymore. It just alternates between the skull and the open section / back and forth. I don’t remember if this happened with the 1.02 code or not but it was right around that time. Has anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix?

#7418 3 years ago

Elvira in the house! Absolutely love it!

EE37D2BE-6DA0-4F92-91AA-129579F833E9 (resized).jpegEE37D2BE-6DA0-4F92-91AA-129579F833E9 (resized).jpeg
#7419 3 years ago

I upgraded my speakers and am very happy with the look and the sound but I am getting vibrations in the glass even which relatively low volume. I did not have this problem with the stock speakers. Any suggestions?

3D6FE94D-4A30-4C77-9AF0-ED3B925418AC (resized).jpeg3D6FE94D-4A30-4C77-9AF0-ED3B925418AC (resized).jpegDD1ACD60-E667-4140-8715-A76CCDB3521B (resized).jpegDD1ACD60-E667-4140-8715-A76CCDB3521B (resized).jpeg
#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

So my HoH Deadhead crypt isn’t locking into place correctly. When you hit the ‘closed’ gate, it lowers to reveal the skull, but it doesn’t stay anymore. It just alternates between the skull and the open section / back and forth. I don’t remember if this happened with the 1.02 code or not but it was right around that time. Has anyone else had this issue and is there an easy fix?

There's test in the menu for this. It sounds like the lowest position opto is not triggering which can be the result of a few things. The motor position may need to be adjusted (easy) and make sure the skull slider is not sticking which may cause the carriage not lower all the way to trigger that opto.

Rob

#7421 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I upgraded my speakers and am very happy with the look and the sound but I am getting vibrations in the glass even which relatively low volume. I did not have this problem with the stock speakers. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

You just need to insulate the glass a bit. I’ve done it with other pins using some foam tape in a couple of places on the underside of the glass on the outside edges. That should do the trick.

#7422 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's test in the menu for this. It sounds like the lowest position opto is not triggering which can be the result of a few things. The motor position may need to be adjusted (easy) and make sure the skull slider is not sticking which may cause the carriage not lower all the way to trigger that opto.
Rob

Ok thank you! I’ll check it out

#7423 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

thank you! I just printed a few more. They’re pretty neat on the machine and tuck around the leg enough that they’re really not in the way at all. If you have a 3D printer or friend with one, give em a try

Those are awesome, how long did they take to print and what software are you using to print them? TIA

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Thanks, I'm about 10 hours in now! The STL was so complicated to slice, it peaked my CPU and crashed PrusaSlicer twice! Haven't had that happen before!

So it's a 60 hour print! (I printed at 20% infill). This is officially my longest print ever, and I've printed parts for a full-size R2D2!

looks really good so far - I'm printing with PLA+ for the first time - usually I print with PETG but ran out the other day. Psyched to see how this looks!

I'm printing on a Prusa MK3 using PrusaSlicer, and using PETG settings, which is why it's a bit slower than if I printed using PLA - I want these things to last!

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

You just need to insulate the glass a bit. I’ve done it with other pins using some foam tape in a couple of places on the underside of the glass on the outside edges. That should do the trick.

PinWoofer includes anti-rattle tape for this very reason. Foam tape works but it will get torn up after a while; the anti-rattle tape is a tiny bit more expensive, but it holds up better

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Elvira in the house! Absolutely love it!
[quoted image]

Better than Stranger Things?

#7427 3 years ago

The sticker on the Crypt door that we keep bashing finally came off, and actually caused some issues (it fell inside the crypt). I was able to get it out but I noticed that Stern had NOT included an extra sticker for in the goodies bag, which is very oddddd.

Does anyone know how I can get another such sticker? Right now the doorway is just "black" and sometimes looks like it's open. Whom would I need to contact at Stern?

Thx!

#7428 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The sticker on the Crypt door that we keep bashing finally came off, and actually caused some issues (it fell inside the crypt). I was able to get it out but I noticed that Stern had NOT included an extra sticker for in the goodies bag, which is very oddddd.
Does anyone know how I can get another such sticker? Right now the doorway is just "black" and sometimes looks like it's open. Whom would I need to contact at Stern?
Thx!

I know it's a bash toy, but has anyone created a 3D version of the door? This would solve the issue

#7429 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks, I'm about 10 hours in now! The STL was so complicated to slice, it peaked my CPU and crashed PrusaSlicer twice! Haven't had that happen before!
So it's a 60 hour print! (I printed at 20% infill). This is officially my longest print ever, and I've printed parts for a full-size R2D2!
looks really good so far - I'm printing with PLA+ for the first time - usually I print with PETG but ran out the other day. Psyched to see how this looks!
I'm printing on a Prusa MK3 using PrusaSlicer, and using PETG settings, which is why it's a bit slower than if I printed using PLA - I want these things to last!

Whoa... I wonder what settings you were at? I'm on a Prusa mk3, and mine took just under 12 hours to print and sliced without issue. I put in the base supports only.

#7430 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Whoa... I wonder what settings you were at? I'm on a Prusa mk3, and mine took just under 12 hours to print and sliced without issue. I put in the base supports only.

I just realized I had it set to ultra detail from a prior print... oops! It’s going to come out looking great but still 40 hours left! Too late now, and I’m curious to see if the super detail really makes any difference

#7431 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Those are awesome, how long did they take to print and what software are you using to print them? TIA

I have a Prusa 3D printer, used PrusaSlicer. They took just over 12 hours each to print.

I printed them at .20mm SPEED, Prusament Galaxy Black, 15% infill, Support on Build Plate Only.

#7432 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I just realized I had it set to ultra detail from a prior print... oops! It’s going to come out looking great but still 40 hours left! Too late now, and I’m curious to see if the super detail really makes any difference

Damn! 60 hours?!!

#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ahhh yeah ultradetail will do that! That's a heck of a long print time, but I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

#7434 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Better than Stranger Things?

As much as I enjoy STh, I have to say Elvira is better.

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

As much as I enjoy STh, I have to say Elvira is better.

Most people including myself if they are honest would agree. I have STh pro and getting Elvira. But they are two different games but still great to have.

#7436 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished an updated tutorial regarding the VUK. If anyone is having issues with the consistency of shots fired from the VUK, this may help. This is an update to my previous game adjustments video for EHOH.
How to fix the VUK:

Game Adjustments (ball guide, crate, and VUK)

Can we have someone key post this video on fixing the VUK? My bracket had already been moved as per the Stern fix, but didn’t help at all. So I dremeled/drilled the top of the plunger as per this video to make it concave. This is the only thing that works - the Stern fix didn’t do a thing for mine and is probably a waist of time after concaving the plunger.

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I have a Prusa 3D printer, used PrusaSlicer. They took just over 12 hours each to print.
I printed them at .20mm SPEED, Prusament Galaxy Black, 15% infill, Support on Build Plate Only.

Awesome thank you, I have an Ender-3 Pro and I use Matter Control mostly for slicing and printing. I'm going to give it a shot now with your suggested settings and using black PLA filament.

#7438 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Awesome thank you, I have an Ender-3 Pro and I use Matter Control mostly for slicing and printing. I'm going to give it a shot now with your suggested settings and using black PLA filament.

Good luck! I printed 4 and all came out perfectly at those settings. Different printer of course, but should be very similar.

#7439 3 years ago

Just purchased a topper and have latest code downloaded. The topper just pops open and closes. Others I have seen stay open for a few seconds. Could this be a topper issue or code issue?

#7440 3 years ago

Finally figured the problem out. Took the gargoyle off the right side. ( removed 4 screws) Topper opened properly. There was 2 post under the gargoyle and slightly bent them and reapplied the screws and everything is now working. The gargoyle screws were slightly off on alignment causing it not to open properly. Hopefully no one else has the issue in the future but if so hope this helps!

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Ahhh yeah ultradetail will do that! That's a heck of a long print time, but I'm sure it'll look fantastic!

Yeah, wish I’d realized I had the settings set so high - I’ll bring it down for the 2nd one!

#7442 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I printed the gargoyles with the same settings using PETG. It tooks 15h each and they are looking great
Thanks for sharing.

#7443 3 years ago
Quoted from dergroover:

I printed the gargoyles with the same settings using PETG. It tooks 15h each and they are looking great
Thanks for sharing.

I tried and they came out like shit lol, it must be something I'm doing wrong "shrug" who knows. However they sure are pretty.

#7444 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a solution for the gargoyle targets turning? mine wont stay put and eventually the gargoyles bind.

#7445 3 years ago

Are there any third party toppers for this machine? Not spending a grand on the Stern one but still want a decent one.

#7446 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I upgraded my speakers and am very happy with the look and the sound but I am getting vibrations in the glass even which relatively low volume. I did not have this problem with the stock speakers. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks Great!!

There goes another $100 From
My wallet LOL

#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Anyone come up with a solution for the gargoyle targets turning? mine wont stay put and eventually the gargoyles bind.

I have not had this issue .. yet anyways

However I ran into an issue of a
Gargoyle flying off the shaft - even after repairs

Different glues or what have ya work briefly
Had a backup but would like to make it work eventually

#7448 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Are there any third party toppers for this machine? Not spending a grand on the Stern one but still want a decent one.

No unfortunately. I ordered the topper. Wife didn’t want to miss out on it. Arrives on Wednesday.

#7449 3 years ago

No unfortunately. I ordered the topper. Wife didn’t want to miss out on it. Arrives on Wednesday.

Who from? Did you order recently?

#7450 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Who from? Did you order recently?

ebay.com link: Official Stern Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Topper 502 7105 00

He ended up selling 9 of them for $1,400.00!! Luckily I purchased before the $400.00 price increase!! Looks like he sold out of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

11,855 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/149?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.