IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 362.
#7351 3 years ago

Are you making the start button?

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have the same 3 with toppers [quoted image]

Great choice! I'm waiting on the HoH topper to arrive. How is it? I don't have super high expectations but compared to JP, and for the retail price, hopefully it's good.

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are you making the start button?

Yes its $150 plus shipping. That sounds expensive bit it also comes with a free apron OLED display mod.

#7354 3 years ago

New game code:

V1.02.0 - Mar. 8, 2021
======================

- Fixed a problem in Gappa Angry where occasionally, upon locking a ball, a new
ball is not introduced back into play.
- Fixed a problem where the game could crash when using the flippers to quickly
alternate back and forth between attract mode display effects.
- Added logic to reduce load time of videos from the SD card.
- Added logic that allows "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" to be the first
Locked Room House mode to be played when playing this rule during the month
of December.
- Added a "Santa's Helper" adjustment that allows the "Santa Claus Conquers The
Martians" House mode to be the first Locked Room House mode to play during
the month of December. Default = YES. Note: The House Room must first be
unlocked with a Skeleton Key that is earned via the Junk in the Trunk rule.
- Added an "Additional Turret Motor Usage" adjustment. Options are:
1) None
2) Game Start
3) Garage Ball Lock
4) Game Start + Garage Ball Lock
Default setting = Game Start
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret at Game Start.
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret upon locking a ball in the Garage.
- Fixed a problem where the game might not award the correct number of credits
when a bill mech. is attached to the Center Coin switch.
- Now the game logo appears during the PowerUp/Boot sequence.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.67.0

#7355 3 years ago

So apron LCD today and Eyeball start button and new code, sure it is not Christmas today?

#7356 3 years ago

So apron LCD today and Eyeball start button and new code, sure it is not Christmas today?

Quoted from adam12hicks:

Great choice! I'm waiting on the HoH topper to arrive. How is it? I don't have super high expectations but compared to JP, and for the retail price, hopefully it's good.

I have the BK and JP with original topper, I made my own for EHoH. They are sold out all the time and still 1k is a but heavy.

#7357 3 years ago

I lead a pretty sheltered life, so I hadn't heard this decade old song until today. I got a strong Elvira vibe from it and wanted to share it here. Apparently it is also popular with the Peaky Blinders crowd.

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have the BK and JP with original topper, I made my own for EHoH. They are sold out all the time and still 1k is a but heavy.

Gotcha, and agree. Looks great!

#7359 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code:
V1.02.0 - Mar. 8, 2021
======================
- Fixed a problem in Gappa Angry where occasionally, upon locking a ball, a new
ball is not introduced back into play.
- Fixed a problem where the game could crash when using the flippers to quickly
alternate back and forth between attract mode display effects.
- Added logic to reduce load time of videos from the SD card.
- Added logic that allows "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians" to be the first
Locked Room House mode to be played when playing this rule during the month
of December.
- Added a "Santa's Helper" adjustment that allows the "Santa Claus Conquers The
Martians" House mode to be the first Locked Room House mode to play during
the month of December. Default = YES. Note: The House Room must first be
unlocked with a Skeleton Key that is earned via the Junk in the Trunk rule.
- Added an "Additional Turret Motor Usage" adjustment. Options are:
1) None
2) Game Start
3) Garage Ball Lock
4) Game Start + Garage Ball Lock
Default setting = Game Start
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret at Game Start.
- Added logic to rotate the House Turret upon locking a ball in the Garage.
- Fixed a problem where the game might not award the correct number of credits
when a bill mech. is attached to the Center Coin switch.
- Now the game logo appears during the PowerUp/Boot sequence.
- Updated to node board firmware v0.67.0

Very cool! Now my only other minor gripe is the 'Drive Me Car-zy' vs. Drive me Crazy on the left and right side loops, though I see no integration of Drive me Car-zy into the theme other than the playfield text. Maybe I missed it?

#7360 3 years ago

Great to see code updates still occurring, no matter how big or small.

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Very cool! Now my only other minor gripe is the 'Drive Me Car-zy' vs. Drive me Crazy on the left and right side loops, though I see no integration of Drive me Car-zy into the theme other than the playfield text. Maybe I missed it?

How did I miss this! Wow!

#7362 3 years ago

Hi. Just got the topper. For those that have it installed - I have only seen the open tomb/ scream on WW multi ball - is that normal? I do have the settings in game scream settings at 100 percent (installed 1.02). Also in diagnostic mode I can’t get it to open. I feel like it should open and scream more. Lights all seem to be working fine Thoughts?

#7363 3 years ago

I think 1.02 is buggy. I notice a lot of callouts stepping over each other and with multi modes concurrently running lots of music stepping on each other, ie. trailer trash with house mode running along with happy hour.

#7364 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think 1.02 is buggy. I notice a lot of callouts stepping over each other and with multi modes concurrently running lots of music stepping on each other, ie. trailer trash with house mode running along with happy hour.

I also noticed it starts haunts without getting ball in the house.

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

I also noticed it starts haunts without getting ball in the house.

If it was a backdoor shot, it will start the haunt if its ready.

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi. Just got the topper. For those that have it installed - I have only seen the open tomb/ scream on WW multi ball - is that normal? I do have the settings in game scream settings at 100 percent (installed 1.02). Also in diagnostic mode I can’t get it to open. I feel like it should open and scream more. Lights all seem to be working fine Thoughts?

It also opens/screams during the House Party intro.

#7367 3 years ago

Thanks again Death gonna hold out on updating Elvira, if this be the case .[ dam same problem concerning me about GNR ]Some times when giving Elvira a good working out It seem s to have a bit of a breakdown like maybe it just cant process all that's happing so fast with 6 balls flying around ?

#7368 3 years ago

Now I hope it doesn’t ship with the latest code :p

#7369 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Where did you order yours? I preordered from Nitro Pinball. Now waiting for Stern to make my game.

#7370 3 years ago

We installed ours as well. Looks great!

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The code is something you can update or change in 30 minutes. Don't worry about that.

#7371 3 years ago

It's not that bad, just needs to be refined.

#7372 3 years ago

Stern, if you are reading I will gladly help test Elvira for you.

In the meantime, I suggest anyone who notices issues to report them to [email protected]

Rob

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We installed ours as well. Looks great!

The code is something you can update or change in 30 minutes. Don't worry about that.

I just don’t want the new code if it’s buggy. Once a new code drops can you still download the previous code?

#7374 3 years ago

What is currently buggy will be fixed very quickly. This is LYMAN, he is the king.

I just don’t want the new code if it’s buggy. Once a new code drops can you still download the previous code?

#7375 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got a new pair of speakers today for my machine. I think they are the same ones stern uses in their LEs. Has anyone done this upgrade? Could you tell a difference when only updating the two speakers?
I need a pair of 5.25” mounts for them but speakerlightkits.com is out of them and $70 for them from pinballlife.com seems like a rip off for two metal plates. Any other sources for these kind of mounts?
[quoted image]

i printed my own on my printer

#7376 3 years ago

Where did you order yours? I preordered from Nitro Pinball. Now waiting for Stern to make my game.

Hi. About 2 weeks ago I found one available on pinball pro. Just came today

#7377 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It also opens/screams during the House Party intro.

Ok. Just can’t figure out why if I have the setting to be 100 percent for in game scream and 0 for the scream lockout it still only comes on for multi ball. Also, never see it on attract.

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi. About 2 weeks ago I found one available on pinball pro. Just came today

Nice! Any pics?

#7379 3 years ago
37592B1E-66BC-4007-B208-FF3460E897F5 (resized).jpeg37592B1E-66BC-4007-B208-FF3460E897F5 (resized).jpeg
#7380 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

[quoted image]

Nice! Also like the Munsters next to Elvira. Really nice topper. Would like to get a used Munsters down the line.

#7381 3 years ago

So I hadn't installed new code yet, what's the consensus, too many bugs or bad things? Is it worth it?

#7382 3 years ago

I’ve not installed the update yet either, it sounds like more was changed than is listed in the change log. Gameplay doesn’t sound buggy, more like the callouts and music are a bit chaotic

#7383 3 years ago

I played a few games last night on the new code, didn’t notice any bugs or issue with sound and call outs. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention.

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I played a few games last night on the new code, didn’t notice any bugs or issue with sound and call outs. Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention.

It's more prominent when multi modes are concurrently running. Other then that the new code seems fine, videos pop quickly, node boards upgraded successfully without killing them lol etc... I don't know the correct term they use but maybe the logic processing when so much code is running at once might need to be tweaked.

#7385 3 years ago

We played a few games with the new code and did not notice any bugs. We are not very good players and did not get to Gappa.. We will have to have another go.

#7386 3 years ago

Excited! Joining the club tomorrow with a premium

#7387 3 years ago

LE in car heading home will be a great Friday night!

#7388 3 years ago

Just got my topper today. Everything lights and works in test mode. Have played multiple games and topper has not opened and screamed at all. Just installed the newest code. Is this normal?

3DF0DE83-2138-4664-8B69-5B914A0E6E36 (resized).jpeg3DF0DE83-2138-4664-8B69-5B914A0E6E36 (resized).jpeg
#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Just got my topper today. Everything lights and works in test mode. Have played multiple games and topper has not opened and screamed at all. Just installed the newest code. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

Did you turn on the feature in the settings?

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Did you turn on the feature in the settings?

This^

#7391 3 years ago

Those who have the side armor, can you post a pic of them on you pin? I can’t find any online and have been looking. Want to show the wife and see if she likes it. Much appreciated. Want to get them while I can before all gone. Just waiting on the last run of Elviras to get mine for the wife and kids.

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So I hadn't installed new code yet, what's the consensus, too many bugs or bad things? Is it worth it?

Contrary to one message, I don't think there's anything really wrong with this update. Some things seem a bit snappier. Go ahead and update!

Rob

#7393 3 years ago

Those who have the side armor, can you post a pic of them on you pin? I can’t find any online and have been looking. Want to show the wife and see if she likes it. Much appreciated. Want to get them while I can before all gone. Just waiting on the last run of Elviras to get mine for the wife and kids.

There are a lot of people that are waiting to get an EHOH but I don’t think any of them are more excited about it then you.
I hope that you get your game in the near future and it exceeds expectations. I also expect you to post unboxing and set up pictures here to share the joy.

#7394 3 years ago

Those who have the side armor, can you post a pic of them on you pin?

There are several within this thread. Check out post 5413, 5776, and 6977.

#7395 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There are a lot of people that are waiting to get an EHOH but I don’t think any of them are more excited about it then you.
I hope that you get your game in the near future and it exceeds expectations. I also expect you to post unboxing and set up pictures here to share the joy.

Ya, this guy is stoked! And should be, its a great game, theme, and best coder continues to tweak. Dont think I'll let this one go.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from balt:

I lead a pretty sheltered life, so I hadn't heard this decade old song until today. I got a strong Elvira vibe from it and wanted to share it here. Apparently it is also popular with the Peaky Blinders crowd.

I first heard this song on the Duane Barry episode of The X-Files as a kid in the 90's. It blew my mind and then I became a Nick Cave fanatic for a decade. His concerts are still in a league of their own even if his backing band the Bad Seeds are a shadow of what they used to be.

The song was also used in one of the Scream movies if I recall correctly. I haven't seen Peaky Blinders but I know it has some cool songs from Cave, PJ Harvey, Tom Waits, etc.

#7397 3 years ago

Just got my powdercoated hardware back from the local shop. I went with a medium red as in the center of the Elvira text down the side, with a hint of sparkle. Happy with how this dresses up the Premium

Also 3D printed some gargoyles to cover the bolts on the legs. They don’t stick out much at all and aren’t in the way, but press fit on the bolts so they’d just pop off if someone hit them somehow.

Now just waiting for the topper and this one’s done!

C34F5697-8916-401D-B0A0-678A16D9E7BC (resized).jpegC34F5697-8916-401D-B0A0-678A16D9E7BC (resized).jpegDB1FF196-AED0-430F-BB23-1BC6584B8D26 (resized).jpegDB1FF196-AED0-430F-BB23-1BC6584B8D26 (resized).jpeg
#7398 3 years ago

Bought a few sets of the apron protectors from EightBitWhit for different machines, and thought I'd post the #EHOH pics here. Easy install, and the purple matched perfectly! Thanks, Whitney!!!

EHOH1 (resized).JPEGEHOH1 (resized).JPEGEHOH2 (resized).JPEGEHOH2 (resized).JPEGEHOH3 (resized).JPEGEHOH3 (resized).JPEG
#7399 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

There are several within this thread. Check out post 5413, 5776, and 6977.

I finally learned how to search within the forum topic lol after searching through tons of post lol.

#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I definitely am excited. I am 50 with Parkinson’s and my health is worsening and pinball gives me great joy besides my wife and kids. And my wife and kids love the game and so does my son who has autism.

So my situation is different. Playing pinball takes my mind off of life and my health problems and EHOH is just a near perfect pin for me and my family. Makes me feel like a kid again waiting for Christmas.

Topper ordered plus medisinyl mods. I know topper is overpriced but wife loves it and didn’t want to miss out on it. Will get apron mod on next run and then lock down bar accent art from Tilt Graphics and side art retrorefurbs.com

BC16C96D-EAF0-469A-8DEE-97794C19A6C3 (resized).pngBC16C96D-EAF0-469A-8DEE-97794C19A6C3 (resized).pngD0CFBC53-26F9-4A75-A194-6102C7121AD7 (resized).jpegD0CFBC53-26F9-4A75-A194-6102C7121AD7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/148?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.