IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 363.
#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Incredible Mod! Thanks Brian!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

where do I get this mod? want both and those eyeballs are pretty cool as well!

#7302 3 years ago

Eyeballs are from eBay. Doll replacements. I purchased them a while back for either SS or EATPM. Unfortunately they are not that bright because I don’t feel that that LED is powerful enough. Also, the eyeballs are not translucent enough. Only the white part lights up.

#7303 3 years ago
C896F064-749F-47A8-B072-48C9F5773EDD (resized).jpegC896F064-749F-47A8-B072-48C9F5773EDD (resized).jpeg
#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

where do I get this mod? want both and those eyeballs are pretty cool as well!

27501946-7FFB-4C3D-8481-C8819BD866A4 (resized).jpeg27501946-7FFB-4C3D-8481-C8819BD866A4 (resized).jpeg
#7305 3 years ago

Typo free!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7306 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Typo free![quoted image]

What was the original typo?

#7307 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Spoke to joe from pin graffix said he is hoping to do a Elvira run if people are interested in them?

Totally would be in for Elvira. Love my BKSOR one I bought.

#7308 3 years ago

My Elvira homage leading into the basement...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What was the original typo?

Fiilm

#7310 3 years ago

I didn't even change mine as of yet, was it easy peeling the old one off?

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone every had issues with theirs rebooting randomly? We have one in leagues and apparently the main board took a crap. The got a new one from Stern and it rebooted on us during leagues twice last night.

I may be wrong but I think saw in one of the code updates that they fixed a reboot issue when a certain mode was in progress. What code are you running?

#7312 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I didn't even change mine as of yet, was it easy peeling the old one off?

Yeah, took me maybe 15 minutes. Remove the apron, remove the mod, peel the old label, slap on the new one. Super easy.

#7313 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Eyeballs are from eBay. Doll replacements. I purchased them a while back for either SS or EATPM. Unfortunately they are not that bright because I don’t feel that that LED is powerful enough. Also, the eyeballs are not translucent enough. Only the white part lights up.

Do you know if they are 12mm or 26mm eye balls?
cheers

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

Nice...maybe add Byron Winton's print "Creature Feature".

Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpg
#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

I had this signed at TPF when she was there - definitely worth the 2 hour wait in line

666CE79F-BFAA-4188-9DF4-7026610FF69D (resized).jpeg666CE79F-BFAA-4188-9DF4-7026610FF69D (resized).jpeg
#7316 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Do you know if they are 12mm or 26mm eye balls?
cheers

26 mm

#7317 3 years ago

Hi everyone, looking for some help/advice to repair my Elvira game. Seems all you need to do to activate backdoor shot is Sneeze. Its going off all the time .Also the ramp raises and continually tries to eject a ball, will stop when you hit another target. any and all help is much appreciated.

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hi everyone, looking for some help/advice to repair my Elvira game. Seems all you need to do to activate backdoor shot is Sneeze. Its going off all the time .Also the ramp raises and continually tries to eject a ball, will stop when you hit another target. any and all help is much appreciated.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the backdoor shot is an opto. If so there is a good chance the alignment is off or maybe the opto board is loose and the slightest vibration of movement is causing the beam to break and trigger. Might want to check the centering of the opto's, like I said if it's an opto shot which I believe.

Update

** yes it is an opto shot, check there first I'm 99% sure that's the root of your problem**

#7319 3 years ago

I'm not 100% certain but I think the backdoor shot is an opto. If so there is a good chance the alignment is off or maybe the opto board is loose and the slightest vibration of movement is causing the beam to break and trigger. Might want to check the centering of the opto's, like I said if it's an opto shot which I believe.
Update
** yes it is an opto shot, check there first I'm 99% sure that's the root of your problem**

Thank you death, do you happen to know how to access this opto ?

#7320 3 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

I have the power bladez in my Iron Maiden and they work great - minimal difference in thickness, there is very slight hum to the blades as they cycle through the graphics but once you start playing you can not notice the sound

Hey all..Ok seems like we have enough interest, I will get to work and keep y'all posted.

#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hey all..Ok seems like we have enough interest, I will get to work and keep y'all posted.

Very cool to hear. I’m sure with all of the movie themes in the game this could be an interesting design.

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Awesome!!

#7323 3 years ago

looping back on this one again, since stern hasn't responded to my support request..anyone have any idea why the chest would immediately eject a ball it should be locking?

#7324 3 years ago

Do you have it set to virtual lock, in the settings?

#7325 3 years ago

I got my apron mod last week and received my armor kit yesterday. Now I just need Stern to deliver my machine!

D1DD2DFA-A755-4857-B7E9-605BCCA9135E (resized).jpegD1DD2DFA-A755-4857-B7E9-605BCCA9135E (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7326 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

I had similar issues, my tombstone plastic by the garage entry was out of line, it was only adjustment I made

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Thank you death, do you happen to know how to access this opto ?

Unfortunately I do not, don't know if the house has to be removed to get access or some other plastics. Hopefully someone who ventured down this path already will chime in.

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

looping back on this one again, since stern hasn't responded to my support request..anyone have any idea why the chest would immediately eject a ball it should be locking?

Mine was doing the same thing the opto on the bottom of the playfield was turned, recentered and working right again.

#7329 3 years ago

Thank you Mark, Is this done by lifting the playfield

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from mark69:

Mine was doing the same thing the opto on the bottom of the playfield was turned, recentered and working right again.

mine seems to be centered; there's not much room to move it one way or the other...

#7331 3 years ago

I've had my LE since its release and finally completed Gappa Angry for the first time. What a rush this game is, so thankful to have got one. For those who haven't completed Gappa Angry yet, keep plunging and when you do....you'll been on such a high!

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I may be wrong but I think saw in one of the code updates that they fixed a reboot issue when a certain mode was in progress. What code are you running?

I installed it at the beginning of leagues in January, so it would have been v1.01.0. I don't see one past 11/4/20.

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I've had my LE since its release and finally completed Gappa Angry for the first time. What a rush this game is, so thankful to have got one. For those who haven't completed Gappa Angry yet, keep plunging and when you do....you'll been on such a high!

I consider myself a pretty decent pinball player and in the 8 months I've had the game I've only completed grappa twice. I absolutely LOVE the challenge this mode introduces to the game. It surely gives even advanced player a goal to shoot for.

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

I consider myself a pretty decent pinball player and in the 8 months I've had the game I've only completed grappa twice. I absolutely LOVE the challenge this mode introduces to the game. It surely gives even advanced player a goal to shoot for.

I made it to Gappa 3 times in the same game the other night. I only made it to the Gappa 5 ball lock one time in that game. Game took over an hour. Best way to qualify Gappa is by getting your multi balls running. Try to keep them running for a while and keep making shots. Also extra balls are given after 2 crypt completions and after 2 completed haunts granting you 2 directors cut blue inserts lit. That will help give you a little more longevity.

#7335 3 years ago

Saying goodbye to my EHOH today and the buyer just wanted the bare bones game. Anyone interested in the hard to find vintage Japanese Gappa figure and six spooky trees that I drilled and looped with jewelry wire for easy install? I’ll also throw in a cool jiggly brain that glows when you use it as a flasher cover. The Gappa just looks so F’n awesome in the game. Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.

8BC78B58-9202-4E42-9363-CEAEAB54654E (resized).jpeg8BC78B58-9202-4E42-9363-CEAEAB54654E (resized).jpeg
#7336 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Saying goodbye to my EHOH today and the buyer just wanted the bare bones game. Anyone interested in the hard to find vintage Japanese Gappa figure and six spooky trees that I drilled and looped with jewelry wire for easy install? I’ll also throw in a cool jiggly brain that glows when you use it as a flasher cover. The Gappa just looks so F’n awesome in the game. Looks like it was supposed to be there from the factory.
[quoted image]

Yes.PM'd

#7337 3 years ago

I got a new pair of speakers today for my machine. I think they are the same ones stern uses in their LEs. Has anyone done this upgrade? Could you tell a difference when only updating the two speakers?
I need a pair of 5.25” mounts for them but speakerlightkits.com is out of them and $70 for them from pinballlife.com seems like a rip off for two metal plates. Any other sources for these kind of mounts?

BDA12DEC-0531-4584-8EC3-105319E8F57F (resized).jpegBDA12DEC-0531-4584-8EC3-105319E8F57F (resized).jpeg
#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got a new pair of speakers today for my machine. I think they are the same ones stern uses in their LEs. Has anyone done this upgrade? Could you tell a difference when only updating the two speakers?
I need a pair of 5.25” mounts for them but speakerlightkits.com is out of them and $70 for them from pinballlife.com seems like a rip off for two metal plates. Any other sources for these kind of mounts?
[quoted image]

Just contact Doug @speakerlights.com. When I got my kit for JP he was out but had them in about a week, he has a metal shop that makes them for him. . Now if my Elvira game will just get here, I already have the speakers and will just need to order his kit with the color rings. Hopefully mid April I will get the call.

Bye the way those are the correct speakers.

#7339 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

I put those in ehoh, didn't really hear too much difference. Pinwoofer is the way to go, worth every cent

#7340 3 years ago

Welp, my trunk lid is binding on the right plastic again and first of all not closing right and secondly chewing the crap out of the right plastic.

Do you guys keep having to take apart the trunk lid every couple hundred plays too?

And is it possible to order replacement plastics for the trunk even?

#7341 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I got my apron mod last week and received my armor kit yesterday. Now I just need Stern to deliver my machine!
[quoted image]

How are they? Are they worth the money? I am still waiting for Stern to hopefully make mine. Ordered the topper(I know it’s overpriced) but the wife wanted it.

#7342 3 years ago

If anybody has an EHOH backglass (not translite) that they are willing to sell, please PM me! I would like to buy one.

#7343 3 years ago

thanks very much, just ordered some.
cheers

#7344 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Just contact Doug @speakerlights.com. When I got my kit for JP he was out but had them in about a week, he has a metal shop that makes them for him. . Now if my Elvira game will just get here, I already have the speakers and will just need to order his kit with the color rings. Hopefully mid April I will get the call.
Bye the way those are the correct speakers.

I just got an email from Doug that they are now in stock and placed an order for a pair!

#7345 3 years ago

Great mod, fast service. All over excellent.

16154718001383045829095324460780 (resized).jpg16154718001383045829095324460780 (resized).jpg
#7346 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Great mod, fast service. All over excellent.
[quoted image]

Excellent mod for sure, I highly recommend going with both sides.

#7347 3 years ago

Excellent mod for sure, I highly recommend going with both sides.

Yes but have an LE so still not want to part with the signatures

#7348 3 years ago

Also did the start button. Nice extra

16154735114755656894863328841255 (resized).jpg16154735114755656894863328841255 (resized).jpg
#7349 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If anybody has an EHOH backglass (not translite) that they are willing to sell, please PM me! I would like to buy one.

Backglass is only available on LE machines. I don't think Stern will even sell a replacement unless you show them the broken old one.

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Also did the start button. Nice extra
[quoted image]

Hard to take a good pic with it illuminated. Here's how it looks unlit.
start button finished2 (resized).jpgstart button finished2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.