IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 362.
#7151 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just got these apron protectors from EightBitWhit. My ehoh had a groove the full length, and will probably eventually chip without these. $6 a pair, lots of colors. About a 5 minute install
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where are these available? Did a quick search and couldn't find them. Got a link? Thanks

#7156 3 years ago

My LE playfield has minor planking, just enough to irritate me. Will getting it restored get rid of the planking?

#7157 3 years ago

It’s likely not planking but the wood grain showing through. Nothing can be done about that really.

Quoted from BigT:

My LE playfield has minor planking, just enough to irritate me. Will getting it restored get rid of the planking?

#7158 3 years ago

Is there anymore firmware updates coming out for the machine? I get my machine end of April and from what I’ve been reading from everyone, the updates have made the game a lot more fun and enjoyable. Do the firmware updates ever add video, movie clips, or music?

#7159 3 years ago

No one knows, but the game is already FULL of content. You likely won’t see it all unless you’re a near professional player.

Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Is there anymore firmware updates coming out for the machine? I get my machine end of April and from what I’ve been reading from everyone, the updates have made the game a lot more fun and enjoyable. Do the firmware updates ever add video, movie clips, or music?

#7160 3 years ago

NM

Quoted from BigT:

Seriously? Reading stuff like this gives me pause about buying a NIB. Unacceptable that any newer game would already have playfield wear to that degree. I would talk with your distributor about getting a new playfield.

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

NM

Seriously? Reading stuff like this gives me pause about buying a NIB. Unacceptable that any newer game would already have playfield wear to that degree. I would talk with your distributor about getting a new playfield.

I highly doubt it is planking but rather the wood grain showing through. The clear on Elvira is more like 90s BW clear.

#7162 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I highly doubt it is planking but rather the wood grain showing through. The clear on Elvira is more like 90s BW clear.

I second this.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s likely not planking but the wood grain showing through. Nothing can be done about that really.

And I second this. It’s likely just wood grain showing through.

#7163 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First!
The screen mod is awesome. Very well integrated, the instructions are clear and I didn’t have any issues with installation.
It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it!

Looks cool. Who sells and and does it comes with the film clips/trailers?

#7164 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Still unacceptable for a relatively new pin

#7165 3 years ago

It’s not unacceptable, it passed QC. It’s literally just the wood grain of the playfield. He will have no luck requesting a new playfield.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Still unacceptable for a relatively new pin

#7166 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

docquest sells them. The kit comes with everything to include the film clips.

#7167 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Post a photo and we can tell you for sure

#7168 3 years ago

There’s no way a brand new game would have gone through a process of extreme heating, cooling and moisture fluctuations that would cause the paint and clear to plank off of the playfield. It’s wood grain.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Post a photo and we can tell you for sure

#7169 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

film clips are pre-loaded in them.

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There’s no way a brand new game would have gone through a process of extreme heating, cooling and moisture fluctuations that would cause the paint and clear to plank off of the playfield. It’s wood grain.

Agreed. But instead of being internet know-it-alls, we could just see a photo and be done with it. Back when I was a new owner, I would have appreciated the confirmation

#7171 3 years ago

Right, I’m giving him the information and letting him know that he has nothing to worry about. I AM on the internet AND I know it ALL...so...I’m not sure else how to be, ok? Haha (I’m kidding)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Agreed. But instead of being internet know-it-alls, we could just see a photo and be done with it. Back when I was a new owner, I would have appreciated the confirmation

#7172 3 years ago

I think It will be difficult to capture a picture of this due to glare. I have been trying to get a picture of mine to post as the wood grain is showing through on mine. Easy to see in person, but difficult to photograph.

#7173 3 years ago

This is the best I could do.

89098B26-55DE-4427-98C7-E1063025EC52 (resized).jpeg89098B26-55DE-4427-98C7-E1063025EC52 (resized).jpeg
#7174 3 years ago

My whole playfield looks like this. Hope this helps BigT.

#7175 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s not unacceptable, it passed QC. It’s literally just the wood grain of the playfield. He will have no luck requesting a new playfield.

Ok, Gary.

#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

[quoted image]

My playfield has this too. Wood grain showing.
Elvira had a thinner clear applied. Prior released titles had a thick clear and were suffering from pooling / chipping quite a bit. I’d rather thinner and not have to worry. Others may feel different.

Sure I’d love the grain to not show but it seems to be what we have to deal with quite often in modern made playfields.

#7177 3 years ago

EHOH is one of the few games I own that really makes me feel like I am a good player. I walk away from most of my other games thinking “shit the bed again”. EHOH is my favorite game to play when I need a reminder that I don’t suck.

#7178 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right, I’m giving him the information and letting him know that he has nothing to worry about. I AM on the internet AND I know it ALL...so...I’m not sure else how to be, ok? Haha (I’m kidding)

LOL sorry, I wasn't poking at you directly, just thinking back to how I was when I got my first game (a TAF, which very much DID have planking, although I didn't realize what that meant at the time)

#7179 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

EHOH is one of the few games I own that really makes me feel like I am a good player. I walk away from most of my other games thinking “shit the bed again”. EHOH is my favorite game to play when I need a reminder that I don’t suck.

No kidding. I have a P3 Heist set up near the EHOH and it is BRUTAL! That game is Flash Gordon level hard sometimes. I can still have a crap game on EHOH but I always feel like I've "done something". Can't say that about many other games

#7180 3 years ago

You guys are tight it is the wood grain that I am seeing. As I said earlier it is very minor, I am not expecting any compensation from Stern. Here are the pics.

3F9BA39B-B20A-48C7-96F3-DA758FFAA289 (resized).jpeg3F9BA39B-B20A-48C7-96F3-DA758FFAA289 (resized).jpegE8A8F1DC-4590-448B-9926-E48B8868BB43 (resized).jpegE8A8F1DC-4590-448B-9926-E48B8868BB43 (resized).jpeg
#7181 3 years ago

Maybe what I should do is unscrew the pot light right above it. Then maybe it wouldn’t be so apparent.

#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

[quoted image]

This is basically what mine looks like. It is very minor but noticeable. I was just thinking about options.

#7183 3 years ago

Yeah that’s no biggie dude. Most EHOH have a bit of the wood grain showing through. It’s just how it was manufactured. Enjoy, and be pumped you’ve got such a sought after pin! A lot of people would take one with bullet holes in it at this point haha

Quoted from BigT:

You guys are tight it is the wood grain that I am seeing. As I said earlier it is very minor, I am not expecting any compensation from Stern. Here are the pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#7184 3 years ago

Changing topics, the demise of EHOH and rumor Stern may never make it again appear to be exaggerated. Got word from the distributor mine will be ready by early to mid-April. Apparently another run will be on July/August timeframe.

If you have one on order or are thinking about one, appears to be good news.

#7185 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Changing topics, the demise of EHOH and rumor Stern may never make it again appear to be exaggerated. Got word from the distributor mine will be ready by early to mid-April. Apparently another run will be on July/August timeframe.
If you have one on order or are thinking about one, appears to be good news.

That’s great news!! I have one ordered and deposit put down. Will they ship with the latest code?

#7186 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s great news!! I have one ordered and deposit put down. Will they ship with the latest code?

Don't know that. I would assume so. Yiu may want to call your distributor to get updates on when you should plan for yours.

#7187 3 years ago

I listened to the "The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1" today and it has a great interview with Tom Kopera. He was the lead mechanical engineer on EHOH. He talks a lot about EHOH and Cactus Canyon and other earlier Bally William's games he worked on. He talks about the original crypt first with 5 pbyicsl heads and had 8 possible positions! A good listen.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-interviews-ep-1-tom-kopera/

#7188 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Don't know that. I would assume so. Yiu may want to call your distributor to get updates on when you should plan for yours.

I will text him. Thanks for the update!

#7189 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have a nice LE for sale in the market. 374 plays and #378 of 400.

Make sure you play it 4 more times before you sell it. Surely will bring good luck to the new owner.

#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I listened to the "The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1" today and it has a great interview with Tom Kopera. He was the lead mechanical engineer on EHOH. He talks a lot about EHOH and Cactus Canyon and other earlier Bally William's games he worked on. He talks about the original crypt first with 5 pbyicsl heads and had 8 possible positions! A good listen.
https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-interviews-ep-1-tom-kopera/

Crap, that's yer next mod opportunity...

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah that’s no biggie dude. Most EHOH have a bit of the wood grain showing through. It’s just how it was manufactured. Enjoy, and be pumped you’ve got such a sought after pin! A lot of people would take one with bullet holes in it at this point haha

QFT

#7193 3 years ago

We officially joined the club today. Drove 9 hours round trip to pick up this beauty! Now I need to call my distributor and try and cancel my open order for one. I got a good deal and did not want to risk Stern not making another run.

830FD19A-BA50-40E9-8968-9D82F86E3C17 (resized).jpeg830FD19A-BA50-40E9-8968-9D82F86E3C17 (resized).jpeg
#7194 3 years ago

What are your thought on adding a shaker motor to this title? Do you have one on your machine? Most of my other games have one and I am thinking of ordering one from PinballLife for $80.

#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

We officially joined the club today. Drove 9 hours round trip to pick up this beauty! Now I need to call my distributor and try and cancel my open order for one. I got a good deal and did not want to risk Stern not making another run.
[quoted image]

" Bird in the hand", good idea to grab one. I only use stern shakers, well integrated into this game. Worth the money, along with Medisinyl mods.

#7196 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

What are your thought on adding a shaker motor to this title? Do you have one on your machine? Most of my other games have one and I am thinking of ordering one from PinballLife for $80.

Yes, get a shaker for Elvira. The shaker being synced up with the lightning that goes off before the ball is in play is worth it all by itself.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Yes, get a shaker for Elvira. The shaker being synced up with the lightning that goes off before the ball is in play is worth it all by itself.

And the shaker integration with Gappa Angry is top notch.

#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

" Bird in the hand", good idea to grab one. I only use stern shakers, well integrated into this game. Worth the money, along with Medisinyl mods.

I bought three shakers from pinball life for half the price of the Stern shakers and they work great.

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

Even your dog is happy. Win Win!

#7200 3 years ago

I could fill a dumpster with all the downvotes hurled at you

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Tough crowd here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/144?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.