IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 362.
#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

This game is truly amazing ...
Why is the Elvira supply drying up these days?

You answered your own question.

The supply is drying up because there hasn’t been any new production for a while and more and more people are realizing that the game isn’t just for Elvira fans.

When the game was first released it was mostly seen as a niche title with so-so code; a smooth shooter with a ho-hum fan layout and nothing to shoot at. It also came out at a higher price (no Pro model) at a time when playfield pooling issues were rampant which caused some to be hesitant early on. Still, the LE sold out relatively quickly to the hard core Elvira fans that had faith Lyman would do wonders with the code as he did with Batman.

The game is not only an masterful homage to the previous two Elvira games (each considered a classic of its generation), but to the Bally/Williams style games. Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, Lyman and team took the classic haunted house theme and overlayed the campiness of the Elvira franchise perfectly with wonderful original art, great music and callouts and the first integration of custom live action video. It’s an approachable game, fun to shoot but hard to master with appeal to players of all ages whether they know who Elvira is or not.

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Any EHOH owners here have the topper? Is it worth it? Seems price is too high.

Yes, yes and yes.

The “worth it” part is certainly an individual decision. Logically, with the topper costing more than some games, the answer should be no but it completes the look and feel of the game well. It should probably do more than it does but like BKSOR topper it’s more than just a lighted logo sitting on top of the game that we’ve seen with so many other games (though it’s not quite the perfect fit for the game that the Batmobile topper was on the BM66LE).

#7103 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The supply has been dried up for a year now. Stern pushed back production after June 2020 to TBD 2021 (apparently April...I’ll believe it when I see it). Took me forever to find one on the secondary market. People who own it don’t want to let it go so you just don’t see it around...not to mention the fact that there are only about 1100 in existence thus far.

I do occasionally get unsolicited requests if I want to sell my LE, but I tell them I am not interested.

Rob

#7104 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I do occasionally get unsolicited requests if I want to sell my LE, but I tell them I am not interested.
Rob

Me too. They get the same answer from me.

#7105 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You answered your own question.
The supply is drying up because there hasn’t been any new production for a while and more and more people are realizing that the game isn’t just for Elvira fans.
When the game was first released it was mostly seen as a niche title with so-so code; a smooth shooter with a ho-hum fan layout and nothing to shoot at. It also came out at a higher price (no Pro model) at a time when playfield pooling issues were rampant which caused some to be hesitant early on. Still, the LE sold out relatively quickly to the hard core Elvira fans that had faith Lyman would do wonders with the code as he did with Batman.
The game is not only an masterful homage to the previous two Elvira games (each considered a classic of its generation), but to the Bally/Williams style games. Dennis, Greg, Cassandra, Lyman and team took the classic haunted house theme and overlayed the campiness of the Elvira franchise perfectly with wonderful original art, great music and callouts and the first integration of custom live action video. It’s an approachable game, fun to shoot but hard to master with appeal to players of all ages whether they know who Elvira is or not.

Exactly. I’m a huge E fan, and a fan of the horrible movies the game referenced - but even I thought it was too much $$ and too little fun on first release. What seems like hundreds of updates later (any more coming ?!) and it’s a whole different story. This is the first game that’s had me (briefly) considering selling my Monster Bash

#7106 3 years ago

Any EHOH owners here have the topper? Is it worth it? Seems price is too high. I have BKSOR topper and love it. Have my deposit in for a EHOH.

Yes I have it, and its too high. But it does complete the game, and I bought it under msrp, not by much tho , and its worth more than I paid. I've heard the rumor that more are being made but I doubt it will happen

#7107 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes I have it, and its too high. But it does complete the game, and I bought it under msrp, not by much tho , and its worth more than I paid. I've heard the rumor that more are being made but I doubt it will happen

Thanks for your input. I have a chance to preorder one. Sucks the price with shipping is over a grand.

#7108 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, yes and yes.
The “worth it” part is certainly an individual decision. Logically, with the topper costing more than some games, the answer should be no but it completes the look and feel of the game well. It should probably do more than it does but like BKSOR topper it’s more than just a lighted logo sitting on top of the game that we’ve seen with so many other games (though it’s not quite the perfect fit for the game that the Batmobile topper was on the BM66LE).

Thanks for your reply. Yeah the BM66 topper definitely was a perfect fit. I love my BKSOR topper and the Elvira topper definitely is a nice addition, but the price ughh. Hate to buy the topper and then have Stern screw me in the pin not getting made even though I have a deposit down. I can put a preorder in for the topper for March release.

#7109 3 years ago

And if you don't get it, you will always question yourself. Its your decision to make. Don't let anyone talk you in or out of it. Is it worth 1k? No. Is it fun and looks cool? Yes. Is Maui condo worth $450 a night on the beach, hell no, but fun too. Spend how you see fit

#7110 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And if you don't get it, you will always question yourself. Its your decision to make. Don't let anyone talk you in or out of it. Is it worth 1k? No. Is it fun and looks cool? Yes. Is Maui condo worth $450 a night on the beach, hell no, but fun too. Spend how you see fit

Definitely would always question myself that’s for sure. Thanks for your help.

#7111 3 years ago

I got to play with her tonight, and she was in for it. Finally over 1B.

IMG-20210224-WA0004 (resized).jpegIMG-20210224-WA0004 (resized).jpeg
#7112 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Yeah the BM66 topper definitely was a perfect fit. I love my BKSOR topper and the Elvira topper definitely is a nice addition, but the price ughh. Hate to buy the topper and then have Stern screw me in the pin not getting made even though I have a deposit down. I can put a preorder in for the topper for March release.

IMO, if you can get an Elvira topper now, get it. If you don’t get your game I’m sure you’ll be able to sell your topper for at least what you paid for it.

#7113 3 years ago

I am in the no fucking way is the topper worth it opinion. I can think of a “thousand” better ways to spend my hard earned $$$$

#7114 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am in the no fucking way is the topper worth it opinion. I can think of a “thousand” better ways to spend my hard earned $$$$

There’s wisdom in your statement.

#7115 3 years ago

I got a UPS shipping notification from Stern today and was all excited it might be my topper but then I noticed the weight was only 1 lb, it is probably my shooter rod. Hopefully the topper and actual game come soon.

#7116 3 years ago

I just added this to my favorites. I hope to have one soon!

#7117 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The supply has been dried up for a year now. Stern pushed back production after June 2020 to TBD 2021 (apparently April...I’ll believe it when I see it). Took me forever to find one on the secondary market. People who own it don’t want to let it go so you just don’t see it around...not to mention the fact that there are only about 1100 in existence thus far.

With more on the way... believe it.

#7118 3 years ago

Any cool instruction cars out there for it?

#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Any cool instruction cars out there for it?

if you search lenticular, there's a guy who's started making them that look really cool..otherwise, there's some printable ones in another thread

#7120 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if you search lenticular, there's a guy who's started making them that look really cool..otherwise, there's some printable ones in another thread

Bought the Stranger Things lenticular cards from him and love it. Will get Elvira set also if my deposit comes through and Stern fullfills it.

#7121 3 years ago

Any EHOH owners here have the topper? Is it worth it? Seems price is too high. I have BKSOR topper and love it. Have my deposit in for a EHOH.

I just dropped 1500 for a New in box BKSOR topper. So value is relative.

I have 3 pins, JP with Topper, Elvira, and now BKSOR on the way and the topper. Which means if I don't get the topper for Elvira it'll just look sad

#7122 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I have 3 pins, JP with Topper, Elvira, and now BKSOR on the way and the topper. Which means if I don't get the topper for Elvira it'll just look sad

Or you could’ve bought a used pro for the money spent on toppers.

#7123 3 years ago

The second and final run of toppers is getting close. My distributor is now asking for the funds if you want one. Before it was just a gentlemen’s agreement because I think there were doubts of their existence. The doubts are gone and it is now pay in full with them arriving in March.

#7124 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Or you could’ve bought a used pro for the money spent on toppers.

Topper's are a personal preference, some like them some don't and other's like them but much rather spend the funds on other things or games they can play. Either way there is no wrong decision just what you like and what your wallet allows.

However this meme killed me lol
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7125 3 years ago

No, the topper is not worth the money...

in the same way that EHOH (or any other new pin these days) is not worth the money. So it's relative and personal. How much enjoyment do you think YOU will get out of it?

I'll say this: if you do get the topper, if you ever go to sell the game, I would sell the topper separately, as you are more likely to get more of your money back that way vs. selling it with the pin. And any EHOH topper that comes up for sale seems to sell very quickly if priced near MSRP.

#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Are Black Knight toppers really being sold for that much?! I have an extra one in my basement, still unopened, because I accidentally bought two.

#7127 3 years ago

First!

The screen mod is awesome. Very well integrated, the instructions are clear and I didn’t have any issues with installation.

It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it!

0295B1C2-F3E8-4FE8-97DF-AE86DACFA542 (resized).jpeg0295B1C2-F3E8-4FE8-97DF-AE86DACFA542 (resized).jpeg0DEFA5B5-A034-4D53-972B-05B1DD7A7C7F (resized).jpeg0DEFA5B5-A034-4D53-972B-05B1DD7A7C7F (resized).jpeg
#7128 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First!
The screen mod is awesome. Very well integrated, the instructions are clear and I didn’t have any issues with installation.
It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it![quoted image][quoted image]

I’m right there with you, easy install and really tops off a great game. I highly recommend it.

65B5F7AE-B113-432C-B0FC-207D3A471AE1 (resized).jpeg65B5F7AE-B113-432C-B0FC-207D3A471AE1 (resized).jpegFF3C9CD9-BA67-4239-93F6-48823A5D8797 (resized).jpegFF3C9CD9-BA67-4239-93F6-48823A5D8797 (resized).jpeg
#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I’m right there with you, easy install and really tops off a great game. I highly recommend it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I told ya you’d like the game!

#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I told ya you’d like the game!

Yes you did, if I told you what numbers I turned down for it form people you would tell me to get my head examined lol.

#7131 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, the topper is not worth the money...
in the same way that EHOH (or any other new pin these days) is not worth the money. So it's relative and personal. How much enjoyment do you think YOU will get out of it?
I'll say this: if you do get the topper, if you ever go to sell the game, I would sell the topper separately, as you are more likely to get more of your money back that way vs. selling it with the pin. And any EHOH topper that comes up for sale seems to sell very quickly if priced near MSRP.

I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger. $1000 is just too much. Especially when I paid $500 for BKSOR topper and does so much more for half the price. But it’s just a topper. I would definitely sell the topper separately if I decide to get it.

#7132 3 years ago

#7133 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First!
It’s definitely one of those totally unnecessary but absolutely cool mods. I really like it![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for pointing out the typo I had. I'm printing out replacement art work and will be shipping it out this weekend to you and all the others I've shipped the mod too so far.

#7134 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great! Thanks for pointing out the typo I had. I'm printing out replacement art work and will be shipping it out this weekend to you and all the others I've shipped the mod too so far.

Doh! I just noticed the typo now lol. Still an awesome mod and must have if you enjoy this machine.

#7135 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I have the same 3 with toppers

20210121_201800 (resized).jpg20210121_201800 (resized).jpg
#7136 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I have an unhealthy obsession with typos. It was the first thing I saw!

But sincerely, no big deal and thanks for the replacement art. It’s a great mod!

#7137 3 years ago

I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger. $1000 is just too much. Especially when I paid $500 for BKSOR topper and does so much more for half the price. But it’s just a topper. I would definitely sell the topper separately if I decide to get it.

Good decision. It is a cool topper but no worth anywhere near 1k. I won't buy it just on principle alone... and I'm typically a topper type of guy

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good decision. It is a cool topper but no worth anywhere near 1k. I won't buy it just on principle alone... and I'm typically a topper type of guy

I'm a very picky topper guy and won't buy one in the majority of cases. However, at least this topper has substance, fits nicely with the playfield toys, is animated, and isn't just a lit-up piece of acrylic or cardboard (I'm looking at you AIQ). Given my smaller 5 game collection, I can afford to splurge a bit more on toppers and mods, so I'm getting this one for the reasons stated. It's not worth 1k, but if you really think about it, most mods are not worth what we pay and at least this one can be removed and sold for most of your investment back later on.

#7140 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

at least this one can be removed and sold for most of your investment back later on.

More likely to re-coup more than your investment based on sales or other Stern toppers recently.

#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

More likely to re-coup more than your investment based on sales or other Stern toppers recently.

Yes I've been offered a few hundred more for mine ,not a big profit but it will be there. But, I'll probably never sell machine so we will just enjoy the topper

#7142 3 years ago

HUO EHOH premium available in Providence, RI. Stern shaker motor, stern art blades, Rare 70’s Japanese Gappa figure (very hard to find and stupidly expensive) Spooky trees around house that match the backglass, Jiggly Brain flasher cover. Trades considered for TMNT, AIQ, or DP pro plus cash on your end. My location is opening back up and I don’t want to route this game for obvious reasons haha. Belongs at home with a hungry collector.

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

HUO EHOH premium available in Providence, RI. Stern shaker motor, stern art blades, Rare 70’s Japanese Gappa figure (very hard to find and stupidly expensive) Spooky trees around house that match the backglass, Jiggly Brain flasher cover. Trades considered for TMNT, AIQ or DP pro plus cash on your end. My location is opening back up and I don’t want to route this game for obvious reasons haha. Belongs at home with a hungry collector.

#7144 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Answered my own question add me to LE list . I’d make it say LE for that one IMO.

docquest I had said I was in on here but maybe I didn’t make the list ? ☺️

#7145 3 years ago

Is there anymore firmware updates coming out for the machine? I get my machine end of April and from what I’ve been reading from everyone, the updates have made the game a lot more fun and enjoyable. Do the firmware updates ever add video, movie clips, or music?

#7146 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

docquest I had said I was in on here but maybe I didn’t make the list ? ☺️

Need to send me a PM if you are interested in the mod. It's too hard to keep track of who wants one just by reading the thread comments.

#7147 3 years ago

I just joined the club by picking up a Premium last night.

Got a little problem though. The ball barely makes up and out of the crypt VUK. It's pathetic. It has nowhere near the velocity to make it across the playfield to the combo lock targets. Menu says it's at full power. Seems to be no room for adjustment under the playfield. Coil is properly secured and moving freely. Not instantly clear what the problem is. Is there a known fix for this?

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I just joined the club by picking up a Premium last night.
Got a little problem though. The ball barely makes up and out of the crypt VUK. It's pathetic. It has nowhere near the velocity to make it across the playfield to the combo lock targets. Menu says it's at full power. Seems to be no room for adjustment under the playfield. Coil is properly secured and moving freely. Not instantly clear what the problem is. Is there a known fix for this?

Common problem. There are dozens of posts on this thread about the issue. Your coil is fine, but it’s misaligned. You’ll need to re-mount it under the playfield.

Check some of my posts for pictures.

#7149 3 years ago

Just got these apron protectors from EightBitWhit. My ehoh had a groove the full length, and will probably eventually chip without these. $6 a pair, lots of colors. About a 5 minute install

20210226_165356 (resized).jpg20210226_165356 (resized).jpg20210226_165423 (resized).jpg20210226_165423 (resized).jpg20210226_170123 (resized).jpg20210226_170123 (resized).jpghttps://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1192-apron-envy/04424-apron-edgers-stern-metal-aprons-with-riveted-eye-bolts

#7150 3 years ago

I have a nice LE for sale in the market. 374 plays and #378 of 400.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/143 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.