IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 362.
#7051 3 years ago

Hi

Not sure if this has been discussed but

My game plays AMAZING now after requiring some bad parts changed

Just Having a slight issue with my cellar VUK

the ball goes in under the ramp and awards the shot but sits there and game doesn’t see it or kick that coil in a ball search

So I go into test and pop the ball in cellar vuk test then on the next ball search when the ramp lifts the ball releases

The switch works in test so I am wondering what might cause this

I could also record a video as well if my words are confusing

If this has been discussed can someone point me in the right direction

Actually surprised that 1 coil doesn’t kick searching for a lost ball (maybe a suggestion for next update if it comes)

Thanks in advance

#7052 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I wish that there was a special shooter rod where it’s one of Elvira’s boobs. It needs to be squeezable as well. I’m not going to buy the one that’s available now as it’s kinda generic looking. I’m just getting the art blades and shaker motor. I get my pin in April.

ef8 (resized).jpgef8 (resized).jpg

really?

#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
the ball goes in under the ramp and awards the shot but sits there and game doesn’t see it or kick that coil in a ball search
So I go into test and pop the ball in cellar vuk test then on the next ball search when the ramp lifts the ball releases
Actually surprised that 1 coil doesn’t kick searching for a lost ball (maybe a suggestion for next update if it comes)
Thanks in advance

I thought there was a set of optos in there, maybe one is loose or misaligned?

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought there was a set of optos in there, maybe one is loose or misaligned?

I’ll take a look - worth a try

All also note that by going in the back door the game sees the balls and responds correctly

#7055 3 years ago

Loving my Elvira hoh. Why is it most used ones that have been for sale have such low plays? What’s the most plays anyone has on there’s?

#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Loving my Elvira hoh. Why is it most used ones that have been for sale have such low plays? What’s the most plays anyone has on there’s?

Mine came with only 147 plays

But it had a few issues I had to take care of so the original owner didn’t play it so much

I think I’ve put on about 200 games in three weeks

#7057 3 years ago

What issues did you have with yours? Mine came with 800. So far everything seems to work good beside Vuk needs a little tweaking. Mine was early build October 2019. Had an order for new but this popped up an hour away so decided to snag it up instead of waiting and not getting one on the next run if they even have it.

#7058 3 years ago

I don’t understand how you can put such low plays on this pin. If Stern comes through for me I guarantee there will be more than 100 plays in less than a week.

#7059 3 years ago

What issues did you have with yours? Mine came with 800. So far everything seems to work good beside Vuk needs a little tweaking. Mine was early build October 2019. Had an order for new but this popped up an hour away so decided to snag it up instead of waiting and not getting one on the next run if they even have it.

They will make more. Take it to the bank. I'm not concerned about that at all.

#7060 3 years ago

Hi

Mine had poorly done previous repair work causing shorts and node issues

Caused the game to have several severe issues

The game was one Elvira Coin Taker featured several weeks ago

Melissa was true to her word and sending me parts to finalize he last of the issues

Most of the bugs were squished as I had parts on hand to repair them but need a few last minute parts to make it right

#7061 3 years ago

I think early code killed this game, I know it did for me. Took a year before I played it again and what a difference. Might be reason for low plays. I bought mine from orig owner, 1 yr old, with 100 or so plays.

#7062 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think early code killed this game, I know it did for me. Took a year before I played it again and what a difference. Might be reason for low plays. I bought mine from orig owner, 1 yr old, with 100 or so plays.

I think it hurt momentum and some early ratings quite abit,which seemed to have led to a general sense that if you weren't an Elvira fan specifically its a pass..

I love classic horror more then anyone I know and tend to like horror themed tables more then others by a significant degree and early impressions of HOH almost made me pick something else.

The constant significant code improvements and depth once or twice a month for what? 8 months? turned it all around..i think it was around .88 or .89 where everyone kinda realized this was gonna be an exceptional game.
Anyone that says they loved 90's pins style and are looking for a pin that has modern design with a strong retro feel...I cant imagine HOH shouldn't be at the top of the list

#7063 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where are you getting it from?

The Pinball Place (New Ulm, MN). My friend Glen V is hooking me up.

#7064 3 years ago

Mine has 1200 atm

#7065 3 years ago

Bought mine new in August of 2020. I need to start playing it. Been working to much or playing other games.

8CDC0E07-6726-4F14-B584-9B4D71F35F97 (resized).jpeg8CDC0E07-6726-4F14-B584-9B4D71F35F97 (resized).jpeg

8DA7D97D-46E6-405D-B021-478DB4780610 (resized).jpeg8DA7D97D-46E6-405D-B021-478DB4780610 (resized).jpeg
#7066 3 years ago

Finally got my playfield protector installed...i will say, shockingly the hardest piece to reattach was the tombstone next to the left ramp..it did not want to lineup to save its life...if you plan to install one of your own, the guide posted in this thread is a great starting point

20210220_131202 (resized).jpg20210220_131202 (resized).jpg20210220_131205 (resized).jpg20210220_131205 (resized).jpg20210220_135343 (resized).jpg20210220_135343 (resized).jpg
#7067 3 years ago

Man I love this game. But the uncontrollable slow roll from the pop bumpers STDM between the flippers can be maddening. I'm not a big slam tilt guy, just a casual player, so I do wish they had addressed this. And the hitting slings on left side loop descent, but I'm waiting for the larger bumper to fix that issue and adjust that rail / guide.

But other than that, you walk up and play it casually and it seems just fun and simple, but then when you really start going for the modes and trying to get to director's cut, it's a pretty challenging game. I expect to keep it around a long time.

#7068 3 years ago

I wouldn’t say that’s a design flaw, nudging is just part of pinball. Just give a little bump with your left hand when the ball is rolling inwards out of the pops. It gives just enough force to prevent a sdtm situation.

Quoted from adam12hicks:

Man I love this game. But the uncontrollable slow roll from the pop bumpers STDM between the flippers can be maddening. I'm not a big slam tilt guy, just a casual player, so I do wish they had addressed this. And the hitting slings on left side loop descent, but I'm waiting for the larger bumper to fix that issue and adjust that rail / guide.
But other than that, you walk up and play it casually and it seems just fun and simple, but then when you really start going for the modes and trying to get to director's cut, it's a pretty challenging game. I expect to keep it around a long time.

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Finally got my playfield protector installed...i will say, shockingly the hardest piece to reattach was the tombstone next to the left ramp..it did not want to lineup to save its life...if you plan to install one of your own, the guide posted in this thread is a great starting point
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Link to the playfield protector installation? Thanks

#7070 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I agree.

I'm quite a poor standard of player and certainly struggle to tilt and nudge the machine. I want to rescue the ball and I know I should but I just sort of stand there frozen in fear gazing as the ball slowly rolls down the middle

It's my favourite game but that drain is certainly an irritation. Thankfully a few rounds of getting battered by Stranger Things propelling the ball down every outlane at pace usually makes me appreciative of Elvira's gentle qualities.

#7071 3 years ago

Are all the plastics the same on all 3 variations of the game? Playfield art too?

#7072 3 years ago

Yes, all three versions are the same exact playfield.

Quoted from PinsOnly:

Are all the plastics the same on all 3 variations of the game? Playfield art too?

#7073 3 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

There are 3 different plastic sets for the 3 different games (Premium, LE and SE) and I believe this is only because of the apron plastics. Those are model specific. Everything else is the same.

#7074 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There are 3 different plastic sets for the 3 different games (Premium, LE and SE) and I believe this is only because of the apron plastics. Those are model specific. Everything else is the same.

OK, Thanks for the heads up. My routed LE needs a few plastics, so wanted to make sure if I had to buy a specific set or not. Thanks!

#7076 3 years ago

Elvira Apron OLED display update.

Had some furnace problem that distracted me from the mod progress but I'm back on track again. Here is the final artwork I'm going with, the text on both versions is identical. For premium users I use the red background with a green around the screens and a green eyeball to match what was there originally. For LE And SLE users I have the blue background with a grayish eyeball.

art examples (resized).jpgart examples (resized).jpg

Spent most of the weekend making lots of harnesses and testing them out.

If you already sent me a PM expressing your interest there is no need to send me another one. I have a list and I'm going through it it in the order the requests came in.

#7077 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I wouldn’t say that’s a design flaw, nudging is just part of pinball. Just give a little bump with your left hand when the ball is rolling inwards out of the pops. It gives just enough force to prevent a sdtm situation.

Will work on it! I've only had it about a week and a half but man is it fun. I can get 400m+ but still working towards closing out the 4 haunts to get to director's cut. It's an interesting game that sometimes can be relatively quiet and basic, then other times when you stack modes all hell breaks loose. Adrenaline rush!

#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I agree.
I'm quite a poor standard of player and certainly struggle to tilt and nudge the machine. I want to rescue the ball and I know I should but I just sort of stand there frozen in fear gazing as the ball slowly rolls down the middle
It's my favourite game but that drain is certainly an irritation. Thankfully a few rounds of getting battered by Stranger Things propelling the ball down every outlane at pace usually makes me appreciative of Elvira's gentle qualities.

Yikes! Well I have a Black Knight SOR coming, and I think it's going to be a defensive, shoot that ball right back at me full speed kind of affair. I've played it some at the local arcades and love it - even though many say it isn't the best home game given a lesser story setup. But between Jurassic Park, Elvira HoH and BKSOR I'm excited to have some decent variety of styles in my home office to keep me busy during COVID Zoom meetings

#7079 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi
Thanks in advance

I replaced the VUK micro switch and the issue seems to be resolved

I placed an email with Stern with a suggestion coil 18 cellar VUK is the only coil not implemented in a ball search

Maybe if a code update pops up this coil can be added in a ball search moving forward

#7080 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yikes! Well I have a Black Knight SOR coming, and I think it's going to be a defensive, shoot that ball right back at me full speed kind of affair. I've played it some at the local arcades and love it - even though many say it isn't the best home game given a lesser story setup. But between Jurassic Park, Elvira HoH and BKSOR I'm excited to have some decent variety of styles in my home office to keep me busy during COVID Zoom meetings

That sounds like a really good mixture. I have room for a 3 pin collection too and the blend is very important. I've settled on Elvira & Deadpool so I'm just looking for the final piece of the jigsaw.

#7081 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Is there a fix for the draining from the pop bumpers ?This happens very often on mine

#7082 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is there a fix for the draining from the pop bumpers ?This happens very often on mine

Make sure your game is leveled properly.

#7083 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Make sure your game is leveled properly.

It is

#7084 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Mine has that too. I do not know the correct level for this game. But still try to figure out how to prevent this.

Strange thing is that in the begining I did not notice this so much only the last 2 months or so. I do not think anything has changed.

#7085 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Mine has that too. I do not know the correct level for this game. But still try to figure out how to prevent this. Maybe do something with the rubberring up there.
Strange thing is that in the begining I did not notice this so much only the last 2 months or so. I do not think anything has changed.

#7086 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I just replaced all the rubbers left on playfiled with perfect play silicone replacements from pinballlife, they're slightly bouncier then default black rubber...but I find the band across from the market value switch really helped being bouncier.. I've also notice the corner on the market value stationary target was pushed back in abit and the right gargoyle bracket can cause the ball coming out the pops slow to hit the gargoyle bracket and just deadball down the middle..
I used leaf switch spacer to bend the market value sign closest to the gargoyle out abit seems to help...
might be worth looking at

#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

sounds like you need to level it better. this happens rarely to me on my game now. before it was level it was all the time. i can also hit the back door 1 in probably 5 times.

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Had some furnace problem that distracted me from the mod progress but I'm back on track again. Here is the final artwork I'm going with, the text on both versions is identical. For premium users I use the red background with a green around the screens and a green eyeball to match what was there originally. For LE And SLE users I have the blue background with a grayish eyeball.
[quoted image]

If you already sent me a PM expressing your interest there is no need to send me another one. I have a list and I'm going through it it in the order the requests came in.

Whoot!!! payment sent. Thank you can't wait.

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

[quoted image]

Yay! Excited for my turn! This looks so nice.

#7090 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

sounds like you need to level it better. this happens rarely to me on my game now. before it was level it was all the time. i can also hit the back door 1 in probably 5 times.

What is your current level?

#7091 3 years ago

Speaker Lights helped me get a better score!

Loving this game!

CA992C23-C201-4BE7-9A40-DE1501045E34 (resized).jpegCA992C23-C201-4BE7-9A40-DE1501045E34 (resized).jpeg

#7092 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Speaker Lights helped me get a better score!
Loving this game!
[quoted image]

They look great

#7093 3 years ago

Hello everyone, can anybody tell me what bally Williams post sleeve is needed to fix left ball orbit repair. thanks

#7094 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello everyone, can anybody tell me what bally Williams post sleeve is needed to fix left ball orbit repair. thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-1-116-black-rubber-post-sleeve.html

#7095 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

It's dead level side to side, and at about 7 degrees playfield slope. Will check it again, but I keep my machines level, on hardwood floors.

#7097 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I've also notice the corner on the market value stationary target was pushed back in abit and the right gargoyle bracket can cause the ball coming out the pops slow to hit the gargoyle bracket and just deadball down the middle..
I used leaf switch spacer to bend the market value sign closest to the gargoyle out abit seems to help...
might be worth looking at

This is exactly what happens on mine , if the gargoyle switch is pushed all the way to the right a ball coming out of the pops will often catch the edge of it and SDTM. Sounds like a good Idea to move the market switch out to prevent that since the gargoyle switch does move back and forth.

#7098 3 years ago

This game is truly amazing. I picked up these two machines last weekend on a single road trip.

Why is the Elvira supply drying up these days? I looked for an LE for weeks before getting one. I also have the Stern topper in the box, bought it before even finding the machine since these were getting hard to find as well.

cff04e1f8fe3afed49b534d584ae8c540fb0c9ab (resized).jpgcff04e1f8fe3afed49b534d584ae8c540fb0c9ab (resized).jpg
#7099 3 years ago

The supply has been dried up for a year now. Stern pushed back production after June 2020 to TBD 2021 (apparently April...I’ll believe it when I see it). Took me forever to find one on the secondary market. People who own it don’t want to let it go so you just don’t see it around...not to mention the fact that there are only about 1100 in existence thus far.

Quoted from jake35:

This game is truly amazing. I picked up these two machines last weekend on a single road trip.
Why is the Elvira supply drying up these days? I looked for an LE for weeks before getting one. I also have the Stern topper in the box, bought it before even finding the machine since these were getting hard to find as well.
[quoted image]

#7100 3 years ago

Any EHOH owners here have the topper? Is it worth it? Seems price is too high. I have BKSOR topper and love it. Have my deposit in for a EHOH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/142?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.