20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 360.
#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Correct me if Im wrong but did someone make a mod for the right orbit so the spinner didnt block the flashing arrow insert? I though I seen something about it in this thread awhile back but couldn't find it.

Contact @tktlwyr

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/120#post-5989196

I have one of his kits installed on my game. Totally plug and play. Highly recommended.

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

The same gargoyle on my EHOH also broke
Used glue - seems to be holding for now

Thanks bud

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

amazon.com link »
change to whatever country your in i'm sure they have em..its been around for years

thanks mate, looks fantastic

#6955 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

WOW Just got too They came from outer space for the first time WOW !!!!!! SO COOL!

Great job mate!! I’m still looking forward to getting there one day.

#6956 3 years ago
20210209_115140 (resized).jpg20210209_115140 (resized).jpg
#6957 3 years ago

A guy listed this on Facebook. I like the UV back panel look. How can I do this with mine?

Screenshot_20210209-223839_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210209-223839_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6958 3 years ago

Just did a 5v ledstrip on top in the back, put it on pulsating purple. Looks great, some additional effects in the back.

#6959 3 years ago

Saved myself $5-$7k by adding this signature card myself from ebay($200) to my LE #3 lol.

12D877CC-B441-4062-8D5C-D2DA11D0921D (resized).jpeg12D877CC-B441-4062-8D5C-D2DA11D0921D (resized).jpeg
#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Saved myself $5-$7k by adding this signature card myself from ebay($200) to my LE #3 lol.

You still don't have the couch piece.

#6961 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

[quoted image]

niiiiice... who'd you find to foil your cabinet art?

;P

#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

[quoted image]

I saved myself $200 by not buying a card from Ebay!

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I got to play for a while last night and thought .91 was a big upgrade and brought a lot more fun factor to the game. Please brilliant Mr. Lyman Sheats can you make the center right flasher rapidly blink when we hit that spinner?. That woodbury spinner on TWD is such a great shot with the sound and lights and I would love to hear Elvira's spinner be as percussive and have a flasher. I finally added the trees (Genius to who ever thought of this first) and they add a lot of creep and atmosphere to the scene. They come in a three pack and I had to trim them all down but I got the third one tucked back in the right corner and it looks cool to have some barren branches in front of that big full moon.[quoted image]

Those trees look fantastic. May I ask where you got these from?

#6964 3 years ago

Does anyone have a photo of a premium with the Stern side armor on it? Any thoughts on how they look on a premium?

#6965 3 years ago

Thought I'd give a little update on the apron movie trailers mod.

I've been experimenting with some light masks to retain the lights flickering when there is thunder and lightning during the game. You can see what I'm talking about if you start a game and leave the ball in the shooter lane. Every few second you'll hear thunder and the GI lights (including those under the apron plastics) will flicker to match the sound. It's a great spooky atmospheric effect that Lyman created.

All of art on the original apron plastics is backlit by the apron GI LED. However for this mod the OLED screen fills up a lot of the center area. Plus the screen has a bezel and mounting ears that make it even larger under the plastic than just the video part you see from the front. If you back light the whole plastic are you'll see shadows from the screens frame, mounting tabs, the wiring harness, etc and it doesn look so great.

So I decided to try and back light just the eyeball and the text and block the light everywhere else. This retains the original effect, when there is thunder the eyeball and text areas in the art will flicker but the other areas of the plastic won't so you won't see shadows form all the other stuff from the mod under the nee apron plastic.

With my game I needed to relocate the apron LED a little for the optimal position. Since I dont know for sure if Stern puts that LED in the same place in every game I came up with an LED support that lowers the LED height and also allows you to swivel it to whatever it looks best. The support uses the same screw hole the current LED is in so no new holes are needed and its 100 percent reversible if desired.

Here are a couple clips to try and show the thunder effect under dim and normal lighting.

I'm planning on building up the first batch this weekend. Once they are boxed and ready to ship I will begin sending PM's to those who expressed interest in the order I recieved them.

Thanks

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've been experimenting with some light masks to retain the lights flickering when there is thunder and lightning during the game. You can see what I'm talking about if you start a game and leave the ball in the shooter lane. Every few second you'll hear thunder and the GI lights (including those under the apron plastics) will flicker to match the sound. It's a great spooky atmospheric effect that Lyman created.
All of art on the original apron plastics is backlit by the apron GI LED. However for this mod the OLED screen fills up a lot of the center area. Plus the screen has a bezel and mounting ears that make it even larger under the plastic than just the video part you see from the front. If you back light the whole plastic are you'll see shadows from the screens frame, mounting tabs, the wiring harness, etc and it doesn look so great.
So I decided to try and back light just the eyeball and the text and block the light everywhere else. This retains the original effect, when there is thunder the eyeball and text areas in the art will flicker but the other areas of the plastic won't so you won't see shadows form all the other stuff from the mod under the nee apron plastic.
With my game I needed to relocate the apron LED a little for the optimal position. Since I dont know for sure if Stern puts that LED in the same place in every game I came up with an LED support that lowers the LED height and also allows you to swivel it to whatever it looks best. The support uses the same screw hole the current LED is in so no new holes are needed and its 100 percent reversible if desired.
Here are a couple clips to try and show the thunder effect under dim and normal lighting.

I'm planning on building up the first batch this weekend. Once they are boxed and ready to ship I will begin sending PM's to those who expressed interest in the order I recieved them.
Thanks

You sir are a genius! I am so impressed. I can work on cars but when it comes to this kind of skill I am horrible. Well done. Can you verify if I am on the list? Thank you and excellent job!

#6967 3 years ago

Good work and attention to detail! I need this mod like I need a hole in my head but I am still in

#6968 3 years ago

Docquest, thanks for your hard work. I can’t wait to see this in person.

#6969 3 years ago

I have a loose screw on the hinge of the crypt skull mechanism. I noticed it when I was replacing the OEM rings with Titan ones. Looks like it's a pain to get at. What needs to be done to remove the mechanism? I'm going to add a nylon washer and some lock tight so it doesn't wiggle free again. Any pointers on removal are appreciated.

20210210_202603 (resized).jpg20210210_202603 (resized).jpg20210210_213925 (resized).jpg20210210_213925 (resized).jpg
#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thanks

This looks great - well done. Can you please tell me where to find the details on price and how to order? Thank you.

#6971 3 years ago

If you do a full plunge does the ball hit the left slingshot? Mine just scamps it on the front and triggers the sling to fire. The other side is fine, lots of clearance there. Do I need to relevel my game (left to right)?

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have a loose screw on the hinge of the crypt skull mechanism. I noticed it when I was replacing the OEM rings with Titan ones. Looks like it's a pain to get at. What needs to be done to remove the mechanism? I'm going to add a nylon washer and some lock tight so it doesn't wiggle free again. Any pointers on removal are appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing happened to me, and indeed it’s a pain in the ass. I may have some pictures in one of my posts. You’ll have to remove the entire mech to tighten that one little screw. Just go slow and take pictures.

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

If you do a full plunge does the ball hit the left slingshot? Mine just scamps it on the front and triggers the sling to fire. The other side is fine, lots of clearance there. Do I need to relevel my game (left to right)?

This is a known issue. The left orbit guide needs to be adjusted slightly. Here is a great video guide:

Please note that there are new and improved fixes for the VUK that came out after this video.

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

This is a known issue. The left orbit guide needs to be adjusted slightly. Here is a great video guide:

Please note that there are new and improved fixes for the VUK that came out after this video.

Nice, I need to adjust my left orbit guide too then. We've just been giving it a nudge coming out of it all this time.

#6975 3 years ago

Its easy to do, remove the plastic loosen the nut, wedge it out while you tighten. But, le does not have the slotted piece. Not sure if all premiums are slotted either

#6976 3 years ago

I did the fix on my LE, indeed no slotted piece. So had to get the Dremel out to widen the hole. Now all is fine. Plays so much better! Thanks all.

#6977 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Does anyone have a photo of a premium with the Stern side armor on it? Any thoughts on how they look on a premium?

I like the way they look so much I bought a set.

PXL_20210118_042350531 (resized).jpgPXL_20210118_042350531 (resized).jpg
#6978 3 years ago

The Munsters armor looks pretty good, too.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6979 3 years ago

That's great Jtgribble and Mudflaps. Really appreciate it. Just made the order for some now and hope they're still available.

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I like the way they look so much I bought a set.
[quoted image]

I like these better than the plain red ones that came on my LE.

#6981 3 years ago

I got my Elvira yesterday. Are there nice instruction cards out there?

#6982 3 years ago

I've got a set of brand new Elvira HOH Stern Art Blades. Purchased for a Premium but ended up buying a LE rather than wait forever for a NIB. I know these are sold out on Stern's site for $79.99 but I think are still available from other companies:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

Just trying to recoup some cost. Let me know your offer. Thanks!

Ryan

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I got my Elvira yesterday. Are there nice instruction cards out there?

I bought mine from here and I believe they are better in person than the pics or videos. I bought for 5 of my pins

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04773-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-lenticular-apron-cards

20210212_095604 (resized).jpg20210212_095604 (resized).jpg
#6984 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I like these better than the plain red ones that came on my LE.

Nah. Dripping red LE armor is sweet - this coming from a stock premium owner.
Lmk if you ever want to swap.

#6985 3 years ago

Dont know if there is any interest in this but I created a simple Mod for the right orbit RGB insert that is hidden behind the spinner. I didnt feel like doing any soldering, so this is what I came up with. The first pics shows the part. Second pic shows what it looks like from my perspective (Im 6'ft). 3rd pic is just a close up so you really can see the reflection of the insert. It just screws into where the existing screw is and thats it. Cant be any simpler and its effective.

I also etched "Elvira" on the acrylic just because I could plus its gives it a little character.

LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside.

GM01s (resized).jpgGM01s (resized).jpgGM02s (resized).jpgGM02s (resized).jpgGM02ss (resized).jpgGM02ss (resized).jpg
#6986 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Dont know if there is any interest in this but I created a simple Mod for the right orbit RGB insert that is hidden behind the spinner. I didnt feel like doing any soldering, so this is what I came up with. The first pics shows the part. Second pic shows what it looks like from my perspective (Im 6'ft). 3rd pic is just a close up so you really can see the reflection of the insert. It just screws into where the existing screw is and thats it. Cant be any simpler and its effective.
I also etched "Elvira" on the acrylic just because I could plus its gives it a little character.
LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks pretty neat I would be interested

#6987 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

LMK if there is a demand and I will list them here on Pinside. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea. I had questioned how that RGB could tastefully be made more visible (can never see it from my height at 5' 9"), and this looks perfect (not having to tap into any lighting is a big plus for many).

#6988 3 years ago

I mentioned early about Stern needing to add three more heads with ultra riske’ callouts. So now I’ll suggest that 1 of them be Elvira’s dead ghost. As 1 of 3 heads, she can run her potty mouth to heavens door. So having this Elvira cross would make even more sense.

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

This looks pretty neat I would be interested

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Great idea. I had questioned how that RGB could tastefully be made more visible (can never see it from my height at 5' 9"), and this looks perfect (not having to tap into any lighting is a big plus for many).

Thanks. I played around a little more with it and I think this will be the final design. I will add this to my Pinside shop today sometime. $10 shipped should cover it. I will also add it to my Blood dripping plastics for a additional $5.

As far as the Text goes I will stick with "Elvira". Maybe I will add a option for custom text down the road.

Thanks again guys!

GM03s (resized).jpgGM03s (resized).jpg
#6990 3 years ago

Do the Gargoyles by the House entrance move in when you start Gappa Angry, or is it just me hitting them instead of the entrance over and over again...

#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Thanks. I played around a little more with it and I think this will be the final design. I will add this to my Pinside shop today sometime. $10 shipped should cover it. I will also add it to my Blood dripping plastics for a additional $5.
As far as the Text goes I will stick with "Elvira". Maybe I will add a option for custom text down the road.
Thanks again guys![quoted image]

I'm interested!

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Nice! I’ll take one.

#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I'll take one please, thanks.

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

I'll take one please, thanks.

Me 4 ! Just ordered the protectors too

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I'd like one too, but dont see in your shop.

#6996 3 years ago

Can I ask a dumb question? What's up with the Elvira HoH shooter rod? I have the amber rod on my JP Premium sitting next to it, and feel like I need a nice modded shooter rod on my HoH, but the custom rod clown thing doesn't seem to match anything in the game at all? A Gargoyle would have been great. One of Elvira's boobs would have worked. There's so many options that AREN'T what Stern released. What am I missing?

#6997 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Can I ask a dumb question? What's up with the Elvira HoH shooter rod? I have the amber rod on my JP Premium sitting next to it, and feel like I need a nice modded shooter rod on my HoH, but the custom rod clown thing doesn't seem to match anything in the game at all? A Gargoyle would have been great. One of Elvira's boobs would have worked. There's so many options that AREN'T what Stern released. What am I missing?

I totally agree - That's why it was a hard "no" for me. A few like it on this thread but I feel they are borderline insane so I give them a pass.

#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yeah, they based the shooter rod off of the "final boss" deadhead. Kind of a weird choice, as unless you're really good at knocking out deadheads, you'll almost never see him. Certainly no casual or even semi-casual player of Elvira will ever likely see the Clown deadhead in normal gameplay. Would have been nice if they had used something else from the game for the shooter rod, or something more in keeping with the general aesthetic of the game or with Elvira in general.

Still, I suppose it's a "deep cut" for people who really know EHoH.

#6999 3 years ago

Creepo also drives the car in the Drive Me Crazy mode. Most people should see that.

#7000 3 years ago

I wasn't sure on it for awhile , wondered why it was upside down. But it does feel good once you're used to it, and as it comes to rest, it really shows lots of motion. Glad I bought

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/140?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.