IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 363.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like to see more risqué callouts like scared stiff has, but in today's climate prob not. Still hopin,,

However these callouts are pretty much Elvira's trade mark humor/niche so they fit perfectly and if this title was made for her fans then they should have them in there knowing that this is what she is all about.

#6852 3 years ago

I've had the game for over 9 months now, LOVE IT and the updates continue to make the game better.

That said, I still don't fully understand why it is that certain modes/haunts will start off with 15 shots to hit (for example, the MANSTER mode) but then as I'm progressing through, the shots will go higher and higher, even though I'm hitting shots. So for MANSTER, for example, it will suddenly switch to 18 shots or maybe even 21 shots. Why do the shots keep going higher? Sorry if that sounds like a newbie question but I just haven't been able to figure it out on my own.

In terms of code updates, everything is AWESOME (

) although I continue to not be able to start PHONE-A-FIEND (in fact, I've never reached it, ever) and barely ever see the 3 "secret modes" (SANTA CLAUSE, GILA + SATAN RITES), despite finishing the game several times, DIRECTOR'S CUT, THEY CAME FROM SPACE and all that.

In fact, even though I play every day, I probably only see those 3 modes once/month which I think sucks for the programmers behind those modes because they're hardly ever shown, and when I do run across them, they seem like a lot of fun so why not rotate them into the game a little more? I realize many people like the "secret" aspect of it, but with only 10 modes in all, why do 30% of them have to be hidden? I just think it would be nice to get more shots at these cool modes.

But I ain't complaining! This game ain't leaving my collection anytime soon, thanks to everyone involved.

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm just hoping he gets the rest of the movies in there.

How many movies are missing (3-5 maybe)? The final wizard mode is present but in need of polishing also, right?

Quoted from jfh:

That’s a pretty big ask at this point in time.
I’d like to see using as many of the unused callouts and Elvira video assets as possible. That would seem to be easier to do.

Are there supposed to be a lot of unused Elvira callouts and video that could be added? Sometimes stuff is left on the cutting room floor if it doesn’t make the cut (pun). What is the cashe of stuff supposed to be like in this instance?

————->

What I am wondering is if the cast of heads (about 12 or 13) can be expanded to add say 3 more. These could have riskiest lines and speech. Having those heads pop up occasionally could make the game edgier without effecting the existing heads much. Thinking these heads could be disbled for non adult mode. Using some of the unused lines for this would help in that effort also. So adding 3 riske’ heads could resolve a few issues and make the game more appealing. What do you think?

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How many movies are missing (3-5 maybe)? The final wizard mode is present but in need of polishing also, right?

Are there supposed to be a lot of unused Elvira callouts and video that could be added? Sometimes stuff is left on the cutting room floor if it doesn’t make the cut (pun). What is the cache of stuff supposed to be like in this instance?

According to docquest there are 14 of 26 movies currently represented in the game, so that would required 12 more modes for all. And yes, the wizard mode could use some polish.

I would presume it would come from assets still in the code. I haven’t looked in the last few code drops to see what’s in there and unused though some of it was pruned when the file sizes were decreased. But we know at least the deadhead F bomb is there and at least one ‘back door” line were was in the game then removed. And of course some may just not fit the current plan for the game (but I would expect those to have been removed already)

The unused sounds should be generally be easy since they would most likely be added where the code calls out 1 of 3 sound clips and changes it to 1 of 4 (for example). It’s more complicated if you implement new rules (e.g a new mode).

#6855 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

However these callouts are pretty much Elvira's trade mark humor/niche so they fit perfectly and if this title was made for her fans then they should have them in there knowing that this is what she is all about.

I agree completely, but when you have people in the metallica thread, setting the adult mode off, and hetfield says hell yeah, its still too much, it makes you wonder how far stern will go. Im hoping things change, and not talking about pinball

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I agree completely, but when you have people in the metallica thread, setting the adult mode off, and hetfield says hell yeah, its still too much, it makes you wonder how far stern will go. Im hoping things change, and not talking about pinball

Stern did go there with Elvira, I recall some of the dead heads saying fuck or something along those lines, and Tim announcing when you made the back door shot " Not everyone likes it in the backdoor, but you do" lol. These should be able to be left in and add some more while we are at it. Just add an Adult/Family setting in the menu's. It's all been done before ( MET FGY etc) and we can do it again...hello Lyman come on

#6857 3 years ago

Is the Elvira code final ?

I haven’t seen an update in quite some time

Figured LS was now in a new project

Hope more to come and yes - toggling the language would be cool so you can a just based on location

#6858 3 years ago

Stern did go there with Elvira, I recall some of the dead heads saying fuck or something along those lines, and Tim announcing when you made the back door shot " Not everyone likes it in the backdoor, but you do" lol. These should be able to be left in and add some more while we are at it. Just add an Adult/Family setting in the menu's. It's all been done before ( MET FGY etc) and we can do it again...hello Lyman come on

I completely agree, and hoping for more. Just more and more people complaining,

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I completely agree, and hoping for more. Just more and more people complaining,

Agreed. I think an adult/family setting would make it perfect for everyone . I'd probably only use use it when children of family or friends come over.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was browsing the adjustments to make sure I had the right date and time for the Santa stuff and noticed some interesting settings I never noticed before.
For those hoping for more haunts, there are adjustment for some more movies we haven't seen in the game yet. Doesnt guarantee they will be added but maybe?
The movies were shown in the adjustments by their abbreviations:
TKS = The Killer Shrews
AOTGL = Attack of The Giant Leeches
ABOB = A Bucket of Blood
TEW = The Wasp Woman
EEGAH = EEGAH!
Would love to see EEGAH make it into the game someday.

There are adjustments for movies that dont have haunts yet so maybe they will show up in the game at some point.

#6861 3 years ago

Do you guys find you dont often hit all the targets to light the trunk? Just doesn't seem to happen often on my game?

#6862 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

According to docquest there are 14 of 26 movies currently represented in the game, so that would required 12 more modes for all.

Some of the 14 are represented only by art in the backglass, like the monster from Eeagh, Killer Shrews, Wasp Woman, etc. We havent seen clips form those movies show up yet.

Since some of the movies in the asset package have have some bonified movie stars like Lugosi, Karloff, Jack Nicolson so it would be cool id they got added to a mode or haunt at some point.

#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Do you guys find you dont often hit all the targets to light the trunk? Just doesn't seem to happen often on my game?

Its hard to hit them all directly. Half the time I just get a lucky bounce that lights the last one for me.

#6864 3 years ago

Possibly considering selling my mint huo elvira premium with Playfield protector,rare gappa figure, over 2500 in mods for a newer stern and cash my way. PM if Interested .would love a GNR LE,AIQ,JP,STRANGER THINGS, TMNT pros

#6865 3 years ago

Only older game I would consider would be Congo or revenge from mars and ofcourse cash

#6866 3 years ago

Elvira is such a amazing game and I dont know if I'll ever let it go but just wanted to see if anyone wanted it more than I did as I have completed it several times

#6867 3 years ago

Hi there really like your santa and your gila monster mods , might I ask where you found them . Thanks

#6868 3 years ago

That’s Gappa the Triphibian monster dawg. It’s a hard to find Japanese Kaiju figure. They go for about $150-$300 depending on condition. Try eBay.

Quoted from simpswho:

Hi there really like your santa and your gila monster mods , might I ask where you found them . Thanks

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Possibly considering selling my mint huo elvira premium with Playfield protector,rare gappa figure, over 2500 in mods for a newer stern and cash my way. PM if Interested .would love a AIQ,JP,STRANGER THINGS, TMNT pros

Where are you located?

#6870 3 years ago

Possibly considering selling my mint huo elvira premium with Playfield protector,rare gappa figure, over 2500 in mods for a newer stern and cash my way. PM if Interested .would love a AIQ,JP,STRANGER THINGS, TMNT pros

Where are you located

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where are you located

Radford,va

#6872 3 years ago

Possibly considering selling my mint huo elvira premium with Playfield protector,rare gappa figure, over 2500 in mods for a newer stern and cash my way. PM if Interested .would love a GNR LE,AIQ,JP,STRANGER THINGS, TMNT pros

Funny you post this, I have a awesome HUO EHOH with 190 plays and very nicely modded from side rails, shaker, mirror blades, speaker upgrade w lights, subwoofer upgrade, boney flippers, boney ramp, crypt sign mod and tons more and was offered 9500.00. I was on the fence and just played another game and got grand champion again while I was thinking lol.... I can't believe this but I turned down the offer. This game is really just that good. Maybe not my judgement on taking the offer but yeah the game is

#6873 3 years ago

Funny you post this, I have a awesome HUO EHOH with 190 plays and very nicely modded from side rails, shaker, mirror blades, speaker upgrade w lights, subwoofer upgrade, boney flippers, boney ramp, crypt sign mod and tons more and was offered 9500.00. I was on the fence and just played another game and got grand champion again while I was thinking lol.... I can't believe this but I turned down the offer. This game is really just that good. Maybe not my judgement on taking the offer but yeah the game is

I agree if I dont get what I'm asking no way will I let this beautiful amazing game out of my fingertips. It is that Good.

#6874 3 years ago

Ours is bolted, have had great offers

#6875 3 years ago

Thanks for the info , found one
1200.00 smackers . Ill save a pic of yours thanks again

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6877 3 years ago

Is this a for sale thread???

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Is this a for sale thread???

It's a discussion thread for all things related to EHOH, which would include mods, fixes, rules, setup advice and yes even sales if it's an EHOH which all pertains to this club. Why not express your sale interest in here especially if someone in the club is looking to pickup one.

Just go through the thread and look at how many posts there are of people asking if anyone is selling, maybe it's a WTB thread too then

#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Has anyone tried this ball from cointaker for funsies? Wondering how it was.
[quoted image]

I just got a signature edition to which the previous owner put 2 of these in the 6 ball rotation. They played just fine and looked pretty darn cool.

#6880 3 years ago

Which slingshot/inlane plastic protectors (if any) have you added?
A) clear (for basic protection)
B) purple (to match playfield colors)
C) red (with cutouts so artwork isn't tinted)
D) red with dripping blood (to match LE side rails)
plastic protectors (resized).jpgplastic protectors (resized).jpg
And are you using Cliffys for the shooter lane or did you add mylar?
shooter lane protector (resized).jpgshooter lane protector (resized).jpg

#6881 3 years ago

Purple and Cliffy

#6882 3 years ago

Blood and cliffy.

#6883 3 years ago

Somebody asked why the number of shots per mode went up in some cases a while back and I don't think it got answered.

Some modes will have 5 shots lit, 4 will be a solid color and the 5th will be strobing between the solid color and white. The solid colors increase scoring or possibly increase the value of shots farther into the mode while the 5th will advance to the next "level" or set of shots in the mode. That's why on Manster you can have 15 shots shown, hit one of the lit shots, and then have 16 shots left. The shot you hit didn't "advance" the mode but counts as a mode shot. Yall knock me down if I messed that up.

#6884 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Purple, and using the plastic shooter lane insert from MezelMods. Drops in, no other installation, no damage to shooter lane.

Wish they made one for my POTC sling posts...

#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get the red cutout plastics? Those look cool.

#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Clear and Cliffy

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Where did you get the red cutout plastics? Those look cool.

Either red (with or without dripping blood) was like $24.95 per set from [email protected]

Quoted from jfh:

Purple and Cliffy.

Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Blood and Cliffy.

Quoted from Moomert1:

Clear and Cliffy.

I guess it's nice to have all these color choices.

Added over 3 years ago:

(red set = $19.95 + $5.00 shipping)

#6888 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not in the current code

So are you saying that there is no safe mode that I have to turn off? It is good right from the get go?

#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

So are you saying that there is no safe mode that I have to turn off? It is good right from the get go?

In current code there is no option for adult or family content, it's one flavor atm. We might see that option in a new update release.

#6890 3 years ago

In current code there is no option for adult or family content, it's one flavor atm. We might see that option in a new update release.

Thank you

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Somebody asked why the number of shots per mode went up in some cases a while back and I don't think it got answered.
Some modes will have 5 shots lit, 4 will be a solid color and the 5th will be strobing between the solid color and white. The solid colors increase scoring or possibly increase the value of shots farther into the mode while the 5th will advance to the next "level" or set of shots in the mode. That's why on Manster you can have 15 shots shown, hit one of the lit shots, and then have 16 shots left. The shot you hit didn't "advance" the mode but counts as a mode shot. Yall knock me down if I messed that up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#6892 3 years ago

Just canceled my sale .this game is bolted to the floor. My most favorite game I have ever owned.i really thought I could let it go but all it took was playing it a couple more times and realizing that there isnt any other game like this out there so why get rid of it.

#6893 3 years ago

Just canceled my sale .this game is bolted to the floor. My most favorite game I have ever owned.i really thought I could let it go but all it took was playing it a couple more times and realizing that there isnt any other game like this out there so why get rid of it.

Just from a licensing cost perspective alone...when is there going to be another stern table with this much variety of source content?
When is the Primary Actor/Actress/Celeb going to be available(and affordable) to create all new original content just for the game?
Its the most humorous stern table I've played to, just a good fun vibe, suits the flowing slower paced gameplay too. Its a keeper alright.

#6894 3 years ago

Smart. One of the most unique modern Sterns that initially got passed over. Many here knew better.

#6895 3 years ago

Man I hope Stern comes through with my deposit. I want this pin so bad as does the wife and kids. Played LZ with my wife, fun pin but Elvira still getting my money. And wife agrees. Elvira still is the best and buttery smooth pin I have ever played. TZ finally played also, but Elvira still wins.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Just from a licensing cost perspective alone...when is there going to be another stern table with this much variety of source content?
When is the Primary Actor/Actress/Celeb going to be available(and affordable) to create all new original content just for the game?
Its the most humorous stern table I've played to, just a good fun vibe, suits the flowing slower paced gameplay too. Its a keeper alright.

Absolutely I got this brand new in September and now my play as of today showed 988 and counting. I cant imagine any pinball machine PERIOD getting played this much. The hype is real and sadly I hope stern doesnt make more other than the original deposits last year.bc It will make this game that much more special. But for those that put thier deposit

#6897 3 years ago

What is everyone else's play count right now. I know I'm not the only one about to hit the 1k club

#6898 3 years ago

What is everyone else's play count right now. I know I'm not the only one about to hit the 1k club

I just got my Elvira last week

Had 187 total plays think I just hit 250

#6899 3 years ago

Absolutely I got this brand new in September and now my play as of today showed 988 and counting. I cant imagine any pinball machine PERIOD getting played this much. The hype is real and sadly I hope stern doesnt make more other than the original deposits last year.bc It will make this game that much more special. But for those that put thier deposit

I agree with you I just want my deposit fulfilled.

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I just got my cliffy as well

Can you let me know how involved it was for the shooter lane

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.