IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 363.
#6803 3 years ago

Still new to all this but wondering if dimples on the playfield is normal?

#6804 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Very normal

#6805 3 years ago

Thanks. I guess

#6806 3 years ago

It’s wood vs a hard steel ball not much you can do .

#6807 3 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much about it not being made again. I've had two reputable distributors tell me in the past week the latest they have heard from Stern on the next small Elvira run is still April timeframe. I think worst case, it gets pushed back to July/August but I would wager a large sum it will still be made.

My impression is that some are trying to paint that picture in the hopes it will drive up the asking price for their games. No need to overpay. Just be patient.

#6808 3 years ago

I’m having a slight issue with an newly acquired EHOH

Can anyone take a picture of underneath the playfield at the metal plate with the cellar opto label

I want to see if mine is in the proper screw holes

2 look factory 1 looks made by someone

But the metal plate doesn’t allow alignment with the factory holes in the field

985054DB-B13F-49BE-ADEB-4206DB1B556A (resized).jpeg985054DB-B13F-49BE-ADEB-4206DB1B556A (resized).jpegBA7F7786-8113-484A-838A-EC6E66C2C090 (resized).jpegBA7F7786-8113-484A-838A-EC6E66C2C090 (resized).jpeg
#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Its " the new normal"

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I wouldn't worry too much about it not being made again. I've had two reputable distributors tell me in the past week the latest they have heard from Stern on the next small Elvira run is still April timeframe. I think worst case, it gets pushed back to July/August but I would wager a large sum it will still be made.
My impression is that some are trying to paint that picture in the hopes it will drive up the asking price for their games. No need to overpay. Just be patient.

Appreciate the intel. Looks like the picture they are painting is indeed jacking the prices up. Hopefully we here something concrete soon.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Can anyone take a picture of underneath the playfield at the metal plate with the cellar opto label
But the metal plate doesn’t allow alignment with the factory holes in the field [quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure about the plate but the solder job looks questionable. Looks like a cold solder joint to me.

#6812 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks. I guess

Don’t loose too much sleep over dimples, all games have them even the older titles. Play your pin and enjoy

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

It is but Elvira is not the worst culprit . . . . my Stranger Things looks like the lunar surface.

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I see used premiums going for 9000 or less,new ones will be what 8500.00 with the price increase? And even if they do a small run with the games popularly wouldn’t used ones still go for around the same price!

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yep... Changing a layer or two isn't that big of a deal, it only takes me about 20 minutes to draw the layer and then render the 3D effects for it. If you are looking for something a little customized, just let me know in a PM.
Here is a custom one I did for a Pinsider that has a signature card he wants to put on top of the Lenticular. The Red Box is .25" bigger than his signature card. He is basically using the red box as a frame for his signature card. I moved the eyeball over and moved the Spider and Web as well.
[quoted image]

YouBentMyWookie apron cards to help bling out my Elvira. Added a piece of her couch from her book as well.

IMG_7745 (resized).jpgIMG_7745 (resized).jpgIMG_7746 (resized).jpgIMG_7746 (resized).jpgIMG_7747 (resized).jpgIMG_7747 (resized).jpg
#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see used premiums going for 9000 or less,new ones will be what 8500.00 with the price increase? And even if they do a small run with the games popularly wouldn’t used ones still go for around the same price!

Time will tell. I think they can be bought new for less than $8500, though... at least after the next batch. This assumes they don't get another price increase

#6817 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Time will tell. I think they can be bought new for less than $8500, though... at least after the next batch. This assumes they don't get another price increase

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think "street price" is about $8200, I have one on deposit but I just picked up an LE so I may let that one go. Or sell my LE for crazy $$$ and buy the brand new dimple free premium so I can then get upset when it dimples LOL.

I do think we will see at least 1 or 2 small runs and the prices will stabilize for a little bit.

#6818 3 years ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

It is but Elvira is not the worst culprit . . . . my Stranger Things looks like the lunar surface.

lol thanks

#6819 3 years ago

I have an extra set of the apron cards by YouBentMyWookie I will send them to the first person that wants them in the US

#6820 3 years ago

Already ordered some or I would .. next !

#6821 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I have an extra set of the apron cards by YouBentMyWookie I will send them to the first person that wants them in the US

Gone now

#6822 3 years ago

I had a trade agreement in place with Melissa for a NIB EHoH for my HUO TMNT LE I bought over the summer from them (was listed in the market for trade as well for EHoH)
Then we discussed this option when the trade in showed up with Chris so we made the deal happen
so I forfeited my NIB slot to get this one and she threw in some extras to make up the value
So CT should have a NIB slot available for the taking

get Robert to powder coat it for you and boom you got an LE - his work is outstanding.

#6823 3 years ago

But the metal plate doesn’t allow alignment with the factory holes in the field [quoted image][quoted image]

I might be able to provide a little help, or at least background on your game. I can’t PM yet though for some reason even after being verified

#6824 3 years ago

My build date for my Elvira LE was 10/29/19. I saw a note that said anything before November of 2019 needs the house guide rail fix, to fix the back door skill shot. I can hit a back door, but it’s not easy (not sure that it should be?) and takes significant fine tuning of the left/right angle. How do I know if I have the fix? I just got this, and I believe I’m the 2ndnor 3rd owner.

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

My build date for my Elvira LE was 10/29/19. I saw a note that said anything before November of 2019 needs the house guide rail fix, to fix the back door skill shot. I can hit a back door, but it’s not easy (not sure that it should be?) and takes significant fine tuning of the left/right angle. How do I know if I have the fix? I just got this, and I believe I’m the 2ndnor 3rd owner.

You won't be able to tell unless you remove the house. Look at the key posts in this thread. You will see photos of both versions of the ball guide. The longer one is the fixed one. It really isn't needed if your game is set up correctly. I never swapped mine out and I can make the skill shot about 1 out of 5 tries.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6826 3 years ago

Anybody notice how nasty the balls are? I got this game the same week as AFMr and the EHOH balls are dull and pitted. It's not a biggie as I have ordered new ones but I've never had another game do this so fast.

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Anybody notice how nasty the balls are? I got this game the same week as AFMr and the EHOH balls are dull and pitted. It's not a biggie as I have ordered new ones but I've never had another game do this so fast.

Stern's balls suck. I replace them even before shooting on any of their games.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Stern's balls suck. I replace them even before shooting on any of their games.

Your first set of balls only last a couple of weeks while they beat down some of the sharper edges of a new machine anyway. I use them for that, then chuck them.

Where is everyone getting their balls right now? I got a bunch from Ball Baron last time that I wasn't happy about. Some of them even had that honey combed golf ball look after a while.

Also, no one has any ideas about the garage ball lock issue I posted about 2 days ago?

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Your first set of balls only last a couple of weeks while they beat down some of the sharper edges of a new machine anyway. I use them for that, then chuck them.
Where is everyone getting their balls right now? I got a bunch from Ball Baron last time that I wasn't happy about. Some of them even had that honey combed golf ball look after a while.
Also, no one has any ideas about the garage ball lock issue I posted about 2 days ago?

Go into tests(garage opto)and use something that can trigger each opto (it has 3) to make sure they are registering. The screws on the opto boards could be loose and maybe not aligned properly. That’s where I would start.

#6830 3 years ago

Got a new pic for my game room.

F6F0A230-D753-4EA4-B1E9-203073C09DD6 (resized).jpegF6F0A230-D753-4EA4-B1E9-203073C09DD6 (resized).jpeg
#6831 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Go into tests(garage opto)and use something that can trigger each opto (it has 3) to make sure they are registering. The screws on the opto boards could be loose and maybe not aligned properly. That’s where I would start.

Cool, will do, thanks

#6832 3 years ago

I've been using bc precision balls from Amazon for 3 years, no issues. I do replace all of them once a year. If you buy 100 I think its .75 each,super shiny and still look great when I replace. Free shipping with prime too

Screenshot_20210202-124547_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210202-124547_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#6833 3 years ago

This is the brand I bought. You can get 30 for $28.90 at Amazon

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Got a new pic for my game room.
[quoted image]

Cool! Did you order it from her website?

#6835 3 years ago

I’m going to be getting the premium version of this game brand new in April. Is there a safe mode that I have to turn off? I want it to be completely uncensored. Thank you.

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Cool! Did you order it from her website?

Yes.

#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I’m going to be getting the premium version of this game brand new in April. Is there a safe mode that I have to turn off? I want it to be completely uncensored. Thank you.

Not in the current code

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've been using bc precision balls from Amazon for 3 years, no issues. I do replace all of them once a year. If you buy 100 I think its .75 each,super shiny and still look great when I replace. Free shipping with prime too[quoted image]

The Amazon reviews on those are scary though.

#6839 3 years ago

they really are not good reviews at all.

#6840 3 years ago

I've ordered at least 5 or 6 times. No issues ever. I even look at em with magnifying glass. No idea how they could be rusted, so much oil in packaging. And if you use prime easy free return. I know quite a few who use them

#6841 3 years ago

And I replace all balls every June, birthday is how I remember, and they are still in great shape. But buy what you're happy with , hate to see a problem.

#6842 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not in the current code

Is that in the works? I thought I'd read that the code, as with some other pins, may have an adult and filter mode in the future.

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is that in the works? I thought I'd read that the code, as with some other pins, may have an adult and filter mode in the future.

Lyman has said there would be an adult / family mode in the future but who knows as he gets pulled in other directions. As is, the adult stuff is there now.

#6844 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Lyman has said there would be an adult / family mode in the future but who knows as he gets pulled in other directions. As is, the adult stuff is there now.

Has Lyman discussed any further updates to the code? It was hot and heavy there for quite a while, but I'm wondering if Lyman has already been pulled for th next thing?

#6845 3 years ago

Has anyone tried this ball from cointaker for funsies? Wondering how it was.
Screenshot_20210203-111530_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210203-111530_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#6846 3 years ago

**** Anybody got an opinion whether latest EHOH code is complete and polished? If not, list what you feel needs more attention or how you’d make it better. ****

Haven’t even played version 1.0 yet, so don’t have any real feeling about it.

#6847 3 years ago

I think the code is REALLY good as is but Lyman will swoop in with some final polish I am sure .

#6848 3 years ago

I'd like to see more risqué callouts like scared stiff has, but in today's climate prob not. Still hopin,,

#6849 3 years ago

I'm just hoping he gets the rest of the movies in there.

#6850 3 years ago

I'm just hoping he gets the rest of the movies in there.

That’s a pretty big ask at this point in time.

I’d like to see using as many of the unused callouts and Elvira video assets as possible. That would seem to be easier to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/137?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.