IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 362.
#6751 3 years ago

I finally updated my game to 1.01 and noticed that I got a back door sneak in bonus when I hit the house ramp (at least once). Does this make sense or might I have an opto issue?

#6752 3 years ago

Answered my own question add me to LE list . I’d make it say LE for that one IMO.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Do you have to drink the apron ? My only hesitation would be doing that on an LE for example.

Did you mean to say drill the apron? No permanent change to the apron is needed. My mod is mounted to a new plastic that replaces the current plastic. So it's easy to install as well as uninstall if you wanted to go back to stock.

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you mean to say drill the apron? No permanent change to the apron is needed. My mod is mounted to a new plastic that replaces the current plastic. So it's easy to install as well as uninstall if you wanted to go back to stock.

In for a premium. Now just need stern to make mine

#6755 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

One of the cool lighting effects Lyman did is to have that LED flicker when you hear lightning in the game. When you have a ball waiting in the shooter lane you will hear the lightning and see the flicker effect.

Amazing mod, so talented...I'm even more impressed that you can hear lightning, and presumably see thunder? Lol.
Am considering getting a premium ordered for the next run and this would be a must have mod, the options you are proposing are excellent too

#6756 3 years ago

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.
Would people be interested in this mod?
Definitely, count me in for sure
cheers

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I finally updated my game to 1.01 and noticed that I got a back door sneak in bonus when I hit the house ramp (at least once). Does this make sense or might I have an opto issue?

The back door sneak in will be awarded when the ball travels up the left orbit and into the back door.

It is absolutely possible for the ball to fall off the staircase ramp (if it doesn't make it through the back board) and into the back door hole. If this happened, the ball would be released from the cellar. If this isn't what happened, yes, you might have an issue.

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lol yes

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Very cool I have a similar idea in mind but more universal . Just never have the time
Do you have to drink the apron ? My only hesitation would be doing that on an LE for example.

This looks great and I am out, I have an LE and can't see doing this on my machine.

Any Chance you can make these into playfield toys? I would put little TV's on the playfield with the videos.

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This looks great and I am out, I have an LE and can't see doing this on my machine.
Any Chance you can make these into playfield toys? I would put little TV's on the playfield with the videos.

I have no plans to make a version that installs anywhere other than the apron. If you want a TV style display you can get one from Sparky pinball here:

http://www.sparkypinball.com/generic-wood-cab-tv-2

#6761 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It is absolutely possible for the ball to fall off the staircase ramp (if it doesn't make it through the back board) and into the back door hole. If this happened, the ball would be released from the cellar.

Thanks. Pretty sure this is what happened as it was released from the cellar, so all is good. Just surprised me because I know I need to level the game (moved it) to make the actual back door shot again.

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What a sick mod , I'd get one if I had Elvira .

#6763 3 years ago

Is Stern going to be making more of the Premiums or are they done making this title?

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Is Stern going to be making more of the Premiums or are they done making this title?

They are supposed to. I put a deposit down last year in November. Unfortunately they jacked the price up another $500. Was not happy about that at all. But the pin is too much fun.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

[Elvira House of Horrors lenticular apron cards]

I ordered just the rule set card because I have something on the other side, but the pictures don’t do the card justice. It looks incredible in person. Very nice “mod” for the game. I’m going to put it on a magnetic backing so it won’t flex in the card slots.

Great job Tim!

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I ordered just the rule set card because I have something on the other side, but the pictures don’t do the card justice. It looks incredible in person. Very nice “mod” for the game. I’m going to put it on a magnetic backing so it won’t flex in the card slots.
Great job Tim!

Awesome, I am glad you like it! I have been hearing that a lot from people, (about looking better in person) so that is a good sign, that or a true sign of how bad I am at taking pictures..... LOL

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. I'd be interested.

#6768 3 years ago

A big thank you to Melissa and Chris at Coin Taker

I decided on the HUO to ensure I got one just incase Stern pulled the plug

Elvira is in the House !!
830DF21C-5C84-4228-9539-E93DDA2D01DF (resized).jpeg830DF21C-5C84-4228-9539-E93DDA2D01DF (resized).jpeg

#6769 3 years ago

I think you're smart to grab now. Easy sell if they do make more and you decide you want a nib. Enjoy!

#6770 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think you're smart to grab now. Easy sell if they do make more and you decide you want a nib. Enjoy!

They are making more. Probably both in the April and July/August timeframes.

#6771 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

[quoted image]

How much did you get it for? Congrats

#6772 3 years ago

It’s TBD on the Stern schedule. You don’t know that. I’d bet money that they postpone for the fourth time.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

They are making more. Probably both in the April and July/August timeframes.

#6773 3 years ago

Lots of pre orders have canceled with the $500 , bump. Wouldnt be surprised if no more were made. Hope they do tho

#6774 3 years ago

This says it's still available
Pinball Alley LLC.
ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF HORRORS LE

PRICE: $8,795.00

#6775 3 years ago

Scam.

Quoted from Enchantress:

This says it's still available
Pinball Alley LLC.
ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF HORRORS LE
PRICE: $8,795.00

DF0F48FC-EAD7-4901-B632-90675AF78658 (resized).pngDF0F48FC-EAD7-4901-B632-90675AF78658 (resized).png
#6776 3 years ago

[quoted image]

So you bought a HUO machine from Cointaker?

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I believe that's the HUO game CT listed on Facebook that was gone in minutes...

#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I had a trade agreement in place with Melissa for a NIB EHoH for my HUO TMNT LE I bought over the summer from them (was listed in the market for trade as well for EHoH)

Then we discussed this option when the trade in showed up with Chris so we made the deal happen

so I forfeited my NIB slot to get this one and she threw in some extras to make up the value

So CT should have a NIB slot available for the taking

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How much did you get it for? Congrats

We made a trade deal on the game

No numbers we ever brought up

#6780 3 years ago

We made a trade deal on the game
No numbers we ever brought up

Good move getting the sure thing. Congrats

#6781 3 years ago

Hi guys, I received my NIB Elvira last weekend!!! So lucky to get one and happy with it. One of the best games I’ve ever played/owned.
Just got a couple of questions. Has anyone had trouble when the house is “open” ready to start a mode when you shoot it the ball hits something and does not stay in there (rolling straight back out/down the Middle) just as the mode starts? It is very random and maybe does it 30% of the time. So frustrating. Also the back door skill shot is impossible on this machine where as the one I played on site before mine I could make quite easily? Craig form Harry up pinball did mention something about the bracket might be the wrong/old one? Thought there might be something I could adjust ? Thanks for your thoughts.

#6782 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys, I received my NIB Elvira last weekend!!! So lucky to get one and happy with it. One of the best games I’ve ever played/owned.
Just got a couple of questions. Has anyone had trouble when the house is “open” ready to start a mode when you shoot it the ball hits something and does not stay in there (rolling straight back out/down the Middle) just as the mode starts? It is very random and maybe does it 30% of the time. So frustrating. Also the back door skill shot is impossible on this machine where as the one I played on site before mine I could make quite easily? Craig form Harry up pinball did mention something about the bracket might be the wrong/old one? Thought there might be something I could adjust ? Thanks for your thoughts.

When was your game made? Early games required an updated bracket for the back door skill shot. Games made after November 2019 all had the updated part. Mine was made in November 2029 and had it, but early November games did not. It’s not an easy shot to make.

Not sure about balls being rejected in the house. I’ve had it happen very occasionally, but not enough that it requires a few.

#6783 3 years ago

If you have the updated ball guide kit and still can’t make the shot re-level the back legs.

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

The updated ball guide isn't required and if you have a premium you likely already have it. The problem is your side to side rear level. Your rear left corner is too low.

#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s TBD on the Stern schedule. You don’t know that. I’d bet money that they postpone for the fourth time.

Do you want to place a friendly little wager on it?

#6786 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Do you want to place a friendly little wager on it?

Following

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Where did you find one?

#6788 3 years ago

Anyone have high quality versions of this picture?

6101DF8D-46EF-4259-A225-084338CD166E (resized).jpeg6101DF8D-46EF-4259-A225-084338CD166E (resized).jpegDB318539-13DB-4E05-903B-62CF8F972615 (resized).jpegDB318539-13DB-4E05-903B-62CF8F972615 (resized).jpeg
#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

I have the same problem with the ball occasionally coming straight back down the middle, maybe 20% of the time. This is not an issue I always had, but something that recently developed.

There is a sticky post on this thread that shows the fix for ball not locking, but I don't think its related to the fix for ball coming straight down the middle.

Hoping somebody posts an answer for us. I believe there is a gate in the back that opens when the house modes are lit to lock the ball. My thought is it must have to do with that gate opening all the way.

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Hoping somebody posts an answer for us. I believe there is a gate in the back that opens when the house modes are lit to lock the ball. My thought is it must have to do with that gate opening all the way.

It's not a gate. It's the diverter on the back board. When the diverter is up, the ball should go into the subway behind the back board. When the diverter is down, the ball rolls off to the left orbit.

I have had the ball roll back out, but not as much recently. I still haven't figured out what causes it. I originally thought it was the diverter not moving all the way up which I haven't ruled out because I did have to replace the assembly. Since then, the ball doesn't get stuck and doesn't roll back out often. Because I still get it occasionally, I'm thinking it only happens on a wonky shot. IDK. I would suggest testing the diverter to see if it's moving all the way to the up position.

#6791 3 years ago

Purchased Vampire pin from Pinball Alley a year ago and no problems. Just noting the ad that I saw. It’s up to the potential buyer to confirm if the pins still available...

#6792 3 years ago

Dealers should not take full payment for games they don’t have access to and then refuse to refund the buyer.

Quoted from Enchantress:

Purchased Vampire pin from Pinball Alley a year ago and no problems. Just noting the ad that I saw. It’s up to the potential buyer to confirm if the pins still available...

#6793 3 years ago

Hi, thanks for all your responses to my post. I’m new to pinside and I’m still trying to work out how to link/ reply to a certain post. Bare with me guys! is there a button to reply to press. I will try to despond later to them. I will look into the gate more to see if it is opening fully. Also the date of manufacture. I brought the game off a guy in Sydney who had landed an LE and no longer needed his premium he had on order through AMD Australia.
Thanks

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi, thanks for all your responses to my post. I’m new to pinside and I’m still trying to work out how to link/ reply to a certain post. Bare with me guys! is there a button to reply to press. I will try to despond later to them. I will look into the gate more to see if it is opening fully. Also the date of manufacture. I brought the game off a guy in Sydney who had landed an LE and no longer needed his premium he had on order through AMD Australia.
Thanks

Hit quotation sign

6E45BFF7-F872-4581-8DF1-A6FA48D009D7 (resized).jpeg6E45BFF7-F872-4581-8DF1-A6FA48D009D7 (resized).jpeg
#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from Nato01:

There is a coil and post behind the backboard. Someone reported earlier in the thread that they had a lot of rejects from the coil being misaligned. This caused the post to not always trap the ball like it should. I'd look to that if you're getting more than the occasional reject.

#6796 3 years ago

I found this on FB today... Looks good.

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hit quotation sign
[quoted image]

Got it!!! Thanks mate!!!

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

There is a coil and post behind the backboard. Someone reported earlier in the thread that they had a lot of rejects from the coil being misaligned. This caused the post to not always trap the ball like it should. I'd look to that if you're getting more than the occasional reject.

Thanks, I’ll look into that.

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I found this on FB today... Looks good.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to watching it.

#6800 3 years ago

I'm having an intermittent issue. Sometimes when I lock a ball in the garage, it doesn't register. Upon ball search, it kicks out all of the locked balls. It's happened 3 times in maybe 15 games. I thought it might be an issue with the latest code, but no one else is complaining so it must just be mine. What should I look for?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/136?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.