IMG_7156 (resized).JPG
IMG_7155 (resized).JPG
IMG_7517 (resized).png
IMG_4684.jpeg
IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4596.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 359.
#6651 3 years ago

Is there any reason to buy the LE over the premium? Other than the powder coating I can't see much else.

#6652 3 years ago

Got it listed tonight. Here is a link to the listing:

Quoted from drbrain:

Reluctantly thinking of selling my EHOH Premium. Pretty much out of the hobby and this is one of the last men standing. If there is any interest let me know. I will work on getting a listing up later this week and will pay the proper fees to pinside. Has a bunch of MODs including the amazing Medisinyl MODs. I will get a list of the MODs soon. It plays great except I need to do one last VUK fix to get that dialed in. No other issues, and has the updated house/backdoor fix installed from the factory. Very low plays. I will get more details soon. If anyone is interested message me. I am in Eastern PA. Thinking about the price and have to add up all the MODs to decide. Won't give it away but will be realistic.

#6653 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Is there any reason to buy the LE over the premium? Other than the powder coating I can't see much else.

LE Adds
Powder
Mirrored Backglass vs translite
Different side art
Shaker
Invisiglass
LE only side blades
Speaker Upgrade
and being an LE with signatures and such

Game play wise identical, if anything a brand new premium probably has some updates.

#6654 3 years ago

After adding up all the MODS I lowered the price to reflect everything I have into the game and to offer the game at a fair price with all the MODs.

Here is a link to the listing:

#6655 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Quoted from Mando:

LE Adds
Powder
Mirrored Backglass vs translite
Different side art
Shaker
Invisiglass
LE only side blades
Speaker Upgrade
and being an LE with signatures and such
Game play wise identical, if anything a brand new premium probably has some updates.

Other than the art, you can add most of those upgrades yourself. I did for my Premium. In my case, I actually prefer the Premium's art package. I like the swirl effect of the cabinet decals, and I really don't like the dripping pink-slime that they added to the rails and art on the LE.

But some people like the slime, so ymmv.

#6656 3 years ago

The only thing I miss with the Prem is the mirrored backglass. Everything else is easily obtainable.

Quoted from jake35:

#6657 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The only thing I miss with the Prem is the mirrored backglass. Everything else is easily obtainable.

Agree here. I strongly prefer mirrored backglasses and EHOH LE does not disappoint and it scratches my itch. But it may not matter to most people. I am satisfied buying a premium.

#6658 3 years ago

Yes I love a real backglass ... just picked up some CPR ones for monster bash and World Cup . Now all my games are glass but CV as that’s not gonna happen

#6659 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

After adding up all the MODS I lowered the price to reflect everything I have into the game and to offer the game at a fair price with all the MODs.

Wow. I think that’s a very fair price. I’d be surprised if it isn’t sold within the week minutes [fixed it!].

I suspect there are more people interested in the game than games available in the next run, if there is a next run.

#6660 3 years ago

Thx. Just sold pending pickup this week.

Quoted from jfh:

Wow. I think that’s a very fair price. I’d be surprised if it isn’t sold within the week.
I suspect there are more people interested in the game than games available in the next run, if there is a next run.

#6661 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I actually prefer the Premium's art package.

And that’s why options are great. I think the LE art package is far superior to the Premium and really like the mirrored backglass, but I absolutely would have gotten a Premium if I hadn’t been lucky enough to get one of the last new LEs.

The only downside I can think of for an LE is that it won’t have the production line fixes.

#6662 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And that’s why options are great. I think the LE art package is far superior to the Premium and really like the mirrored backglass, but I absolutely would have gotten a Premium if I hadn’t been lucky enough to get one of the last new LEs.
The only downside I can think of for an LE is that it won’t have the production line fixes.

But the upside is it will always hold its value, being an le. I think in ehoh case tho, the premiums will hold value for a long time also

#6663 3 years ago

Sold in....4 minutes? That’s a crazy good deal for all you put into it. The buyer must be pumped.

Quoted from drbrain:

Got it listed tonight. Here is a link to the listing:

Sale Pending!

Elvira's House of Horrors (Premium Edition)

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Reluctantly selling my EHOH (Elvira's House of Horrors Premium) with a ton of MODS. Bought new and I am the first and only owner. Very low plays under 50. I will list all the MO...”

3 hours ago

Kutztown, PA

9,000 (OBO)

drbrain

#6664 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks thinking maybe 1981 - 2011 , technically the others ones are not “movie macabre” or part of the game .
Is there aby anywhere to stream all the old shows ?

ShoutFactoryTV has some of the 81-86 Elvira episodes available on their free streaming channel. If you are fan of cheesy movies, Shout also has a streaming channel24/7 of MST3K shows as well.

#6665 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

ShoutFactoryTV has some of the 81-86 Elvira episodes available on their free streaming channel. If you are fan of cheesy movies, Shout also has a streaming channel24/7 of MST3K shows as well.

The 2010 season is also on Amazon Prime

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Elvira fans .. so I am thinking of getting the dates of Elviras Movie Macabre on my tomb mod . What be be appropriate dates you think ? Original season ended in 86 but some
Of these movies in the game aired until
2011 and there www even a series in 2013z
So 1981 - ??

I asked Medisinyl for the same thing. I went with 1981-1986

#6667 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

I asked Medisinyl for the same thing. I went with 1981-1986

Nice we will have to compare notes on how we want it to look

It’s this or my LE number ?

#6668 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 2010 season is also on Amazon Prime

Thanks I will look for them .. I think I like the idea of 80s Elvira best !! Haha

#6669 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

It’s this or my LE number ?

IMHO, LE number is boring (and limits resale if you ever get tired of the mod).

#6670 3 years ago

Got my elvira Stern topper today.. now to get the machine to go with it!

20210125_153059 (resized).jpg20210125_153059 (resized).jpg
#6671 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

IMHO, LE number is boring (and limits resale if you ever get tired of the mod).

Yeah I mean the mod would go with the machine if I ever sold it, no way I tire of that mod its killer haha!

With the said I had a new idea.

RIP
Bally Williams
1932-1999

could just do Bally or B/W

feedback welcome but from what I can tell the first bally machine was 1932

#6672 3 years ago
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 16.20.19 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-01-07 at 16.20.19 (resized).jpeg
#6673 3 years ago

Yeah I mean the mod would go with the machine if I ever sold it, no way I tire of that mod its killer haha!
With the said I had a new idea.
RIP
Bally Williams
1932-1999
could just do Bally or B/W
feedback welcome but from what I can tell the first bally machine was 1932</blockquote
That’s a good idea. Wish I would have thought of it when I first ordered the mod.

#6674 3 years ago

That’s a good idea. Wish I would have thought of it when I first ordered the mod.

#6675 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks I will look for them .. I think I like the idea of 80s Elvira best !! Haha

It definitely is, the 2010 revival is great - Elvira self-financed it, but there’s something really kitsch/retro about the originals, especially the really early episodes where she was working out the character

#6676 3 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the fastest method of removing the house to replace the screw to the ramp actuator?

Please and thanks.

Edit: it appears the screw has worked itself out of the arm which drives the center ramp. I've located it and a washer. But the nylon spacer is MIA. Pulled the roof and see 6 or 7 screws attaching the assembly to the playfield. Is that the path? All of it has to come out to get this screw back in?

#6677 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cointaker is only getting 10 EHOH in August and there is ONE spot left. Go get it or regret it.
[quoted image]

I am still hearing April as well. Time will tell but I think all the doomsday talk of it being pushed back indefinitely or never made again are exaggerated.

The schedule posted a few pages back was in reference to August last year which as we all know has been pushed back several times. Next to it is the Q1 schedule which says TBD. I think it will be before August although production as discussed may be limited for that run. I would wager a large sum of money we haven't seen the last of NIB EHOH.

#6678 3 years ago

I guess time will tell. They’ve got AIQ, JP, DP and TMNT orders coming out March / April and then there will be another new game announced will which hold up the line after that, then a summer release. So I honestly don’t see how they will get EHOH and BM66 on the line even for a small run until at least mid / late summer. They are definitely not a priority for Stern as they are currently juggling 5 of their biggest licenses. With new announcements coming the backlog will only deepen and games that aren’t as popular with or have a higher BOM (EHOH BM66 IMDN prem) are gonna take the brunt of it.

Also, Kaminkow has Harry Potter which will come out this year. That ought to be the nail in the coffin for EHOH and BM66

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am still hearing April as well. Time will tell but I think all the doomsday talk of it being pushed back indefinitely or never made again are exaggerated.
The schedule posted a few pages back was in reference to August last year which as we all know has been pushed back several times. Next to it is the Q1 schedule which says TBD. I think it will be before August although production as discussed may be limited for that run. I would wager a large sum of money we haven't seen the last of NIB EHOH.

#6679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It definitely is, the 2010 revival is great - Elvira self-financed it, but there’s something really kitsch/retro about the originals, especially the really early episodes where she was working out the character

I have never been able to find it. Is there original series available?

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I have never been able to find it. Is there original series available?

My mistake - the show that's available on Amazon Prime is called "13 nights of Elvira". The 2010 series seems to be available on iTunes and on DVD.

The original 80s series is on the ShoutCast! website.

#6681 3 years ago

So no-one knows the best way to remove the house? C'mon, somebody toss me a bone. Please?

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

So no-one knows the best way to remove the house? C'mon, somebody toss me a bone. Please?

Take off the turret (1 screw) and the roof (2 screws). That will expose the 4 screws that hold on the house. They are 1/4”. You’ll need a longer magnetic nut driver to get at them easily. Lay something soft on your pop bumper area and just lift the house off and set it on the pops.

#6683 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I guess time will tell. They’ve got AIQ, JP, DP and TMNT orders coming out March / April and then there will be another new game announced will which hold up the line after that, then a summer release. So I honestly don’t see how they will get EHOH and BM66 on the line even for a small run until at least mid / late summer. They are definitely not a priority for Stern as they are currently juggling 5 of their biggest licenses. With new announcements coming the backlog will only deepen and games that aren’t as popular with or have a higher BOM (EHOH BM66 IMDN prem) are gonna take the brunt of it.
Also, Kaminkow has Harry Potter which will come out this year. That ought to be the nail in the coffin for EHOH and BM66

This seller states April but only time will tell

With everything going on at Stern I agree there is a lot of games being built and only so many hours in the day

They should ot kept the old factory as well to help with production

044E5BC7-EED5-4622-BE5E-62A2F758892F (resized).png044E5BC7-EED5-4622-BE5E-62A2F758892F (resized).png
#6684 3 years ago

Yeah, fact of the matter is as of this month Stern does not know when it’s going back on the line. I got a confirmation from Cointaker for August...but...they don’t even really know.

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

With everything going on at Stern I agree there is a lot of games being built and only so many hours in the day
[quoted image]

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Take off the turret (1 screw) and the roof (2 screws). That will expose the 4 screws that hold on the house. They are 1/4”. You’ll need a longer magnetic nut driver to get at them easily. Lay something soft on your pop bumper area and just lift the house off and set it on the the pops.

Thank you my good man. Thatsbwhat I thought, just didn't wanna dig in if there was an easier path. Much oblidged.

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

I have asked for the latest ruleset too, crickets LOL Maybe they are too complex!

#6687 3 years ago

Got the lenticular apron cards on my Elvira... They are really nice. They look better in person. I love the gargoyle hidden in the text. I’ll be ordering these for my Stern LEs

11DE22B0-0BAC-4D36-ACA9-1E943E1A339D (resized).jpeg11DE22B0-0BAC-4D36-ACA9-1E943E1A339D (resized).jpeg51CCB580-D8C6-4AC9-8CE4-C2ED90E8F0A9 (resized).jpeg51CCB580-D8C6-4AC9-8CE4-C2ED90E8F0A9 (resized).jpegB91773D9-BA9E-4555-83D6-D7A7F1E04E5D (resized).jpegB91773D9-BA9E-4555-83D6-D7A7F1E04E5D (resized).jpegEE014B98-F724-4143-8CE6-B498F7416E77 (resized).jpegEE014B98-F724-4143-8CE6-B498F7416E77 (resized).jpeg

#6688 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

[quoted image]

Everything I've heard points to April. Production numbers may be low and many already spoken for but I'd wager a large sum it will be well before August.

#6689 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Everything I've heard points to April. Production numbers may be low and many already spoken for but I'd wager a large sum it will be well before August.

Hope your right.

#6690 3 years ago

Nice cards, but I like them a bit larger so they block those gates in the apron. I always stick them on the apron with double sided tape.

#6691 3 years ago

Added life saver to croc.

PXL_20210127_153027499 (resized).jpgPXL_20210127_153027499 (resized).jpg
#6692 3 years ago

What have you heard from your distributor? I'm going off of what I'm hearing from them.

Worst case, it could be July/August. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the talk of Elvira never being made again are not accurate.

#6693 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Got the lenticular apron cards on my Elvira... They are really nice. They look better in person. I love the gargoyle hidden in the text. I’ll be ordering these for my Stern LEs
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Orderee mine as soon as I saw them pop up in this thread. Should be arriving any time.

#6694 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What have you heard from your distributor? I'm going off of what I'm hearing from them.
Worst case, it could be July/August. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the talk of Elvira never being made again are not accurate.

Haven’t heard anything other than the original spring time early summer. Figured my distributor knows as much as we do.

#6695 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Nice cards, but I like them a bit larger so they block those gates in the apron. I always stick them on the apron with double sided tape.

You could stick the card on some of this. That would keep it nice and flat on the metal apron.

https://www.michaels.com/pro-mag-magnetic-adhesive-sheet/10579144.html

Those lenticular cards would look even nicer if they weren't tucked into the corner holes.

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Those lenticular cards would look even nicer if they weren't tucked into the corner holes.

They are THICK. That being said, they are hard to photograph, so they look a little weird in every photo I have seen/taken. In person, with the slight bend, the 3D effect is actually a little more pronounced, but the flip effect can fade at the edges, depending on the card.

I have seen them done both ways.

Either way, I am glad the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I thought I might sell 100 over the course of the year (A couple per week). As of today, I have sold just over 175 sets (Ebay and Pinside) in 9 weeks..... Its crazy.

#6697 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

They are THICK. That being said, they are hard to photograph, so they look a little weird in every photo I have seen/taken. In person, with the slight bend, the 3D effect is actually a little more pronounced, but the flip effect can fade at the edges, depending on the card.
Either way, I am glad the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I thought I might sell 100 over the course of the year (A couple per week). As of today, I have sold just over 175 sets (Ebay and Pinside) in 9 weeks..... Its crazy.

Can you do a pricing card with standard pricing instead of Free Play?

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Can you do a pricing card with standard pricing instead of Free Play?

Yep... Changing a layer or two isn't that big of a deal, it only takes me about 20 minutes to draw the layer and then render the 3D effects for it. If you are looking for something a little customized, just let me know in a PM.

Here is a custom one I did for a Pinsider that has a signature card he wants to put on top of the Lenticular. The Red Box is .25" bigger than his signature card. He is basically using the red box as a frame for his signature card. I moved the eyeball over and moved the Spider and Web as well.

IMG_20210125_180541918 (resized).jpgIMG_20210125_180541918 (resized).jpg

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Any chance you can make them with red vertigo vs purple to match the premium machine?
Just a request - I like them either way!
1696D9A3-8670-4E75-A232-4741517F2554 (resized).jpeg1696D9A3-8670-4E75-A232-4741517F2554 (resized).jpeg

#6700 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Any chance you can make them with red vertigo vs purple to match the premium machine?
Just a request - I like them either way!
[quoted image]

Sort of? I can definitely do the red, but I won't be able to emulate the texture in the red cleanly, so it would be a solid red. I will put it on my list of things to do on Friday.

Originally I held off on the red because of the free play font... I will see what it looks like when I revisit it.

Finishing up orders and dropping a new design on Friday... Iron man...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
18,500 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,921 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.