IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 363.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone who would like a free set of these cards in exchange for a few pictures of them installed in your machine. First person to respond publicly to this thread gets them. (PMs become a mess, because only I can see if someone asked for the set).
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I would love to put these on my LE

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I would love to put these on my LE

Cool! All yours! Please PM me your Snail Mail address and I will get them out this morning.

Thanks everyone!

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone who would like a free set of these cards in exchange for a few pictures of them installed in your machine. First person to respond publicly to this thread gets them. (PMs become a mess, because only I can see if someone asked for the set).
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I'm interested

Edit...too late

#6604 3 years ago

Is anyone having problems with the ball getting stuck under the house on the left side of the house? I happens during a multiball or if the ball goes in there too slow.

#6605 3 years ago

Damn too slow

I’ll do an animated gif !

#6606 3 years ago

Just a warning if your gargoyles hit the glass, they will eventually break off the post. Best to add a limiter, a piece of tape around the shaft will work.

PXL_20210123_153147374 (resized).jpgPXL_20210123_153147374 (resized).jpg
#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just a warning if your gargoyles hit the glass, they will eventually break off the post. Best to add a limiter, a piece of tape around the shaft will work.
[quoted image]

Do you have a picture of this? How to limit how much they come up? Thanks

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Cmon, with all the craziness in the world cant you send us a set too to help us out?

#6609 3 years ago

There is a long shaft the gargoyles are mounted on. Find the end of the shaft under the plafield. Tape off 3 or so inches above the limiter screw at the very bottom of the shaft-I used duck tape. The tape stops the gargoyle shaft at the shaft guide.

#6610 3 years ago

Taped end vs factory

PXL_20210123_162610923 (resized).jpgPXL_20210123_162610923 (resized).jpgPXL_20210123_162631608 (resized).jpgPXL_20210123_162631608 (resized).jpg
#6611 3 years ago

You didn't like em hitting the glass? I waxed mine so they hit more

#6612 3 years ago

I loved them hitting the glass. They stopped doing it so I lubricated the shafts. Trouble is it will eventually wear out the gargoyle plastic where it is mounted on the shaft

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I loved them hitting the glass. They stopped doing it so I lubricated the shafts. Trouble is it will eventually wear out the gargoyle plastic where it is mounted on the shaft

The right hand House gargoyle broke off after I had the machine for about a week. Epoxied him back on, never coming off again! Take the time to align and tighten the slots they stick through as well, and they will fly around easily

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

[quoted image]

So it is a wear part. No big deal. Let them hit the glass as designed.

#6615 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Is anyone having problems with the ball getting stuck under the house on the left side of the house? I happens during a multiball or if the ball goes in there too slow.

I did have this problem. It was happening during a multiball or GAPPA. I played around with the pitch and leveling and now it doesn't happen anymore.

#6616 3 years ago

Right here

#6617 3 years ago

just joined the preorder club. One day Elvira will be mine. Maybe.

EHOH is a game that doesn’t just encourage you to add dolls and nick knacks, it demands it.

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Cool! All yours! Please PM me your Snail Mail address and I will get them out this morning.
Thanks everyone!

Dang, I have had 6 PMs already asking if these are available for sale. I put them in my store, so Robin can get his share, if anyone is interested (I appreciate all of the interest).
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04773-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-lenticular-apron-cards

I try not to Spam the forums with my cards and stay in my own lane, so if you want to see any other designs in action, my playground is over here-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

Thanks again for all the interest!

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

just joined the preorder club. One day Elvira will be mine. Maybe.
EHOH is a game that doesn’t just encourage you to add dolls and nick knacks, it demands it.

Where did you put your deposit down? I have mine with Orange County Pinball.

#6620 3 years ago

What's the price of the next release going to be? I have a premium that I am considering selling to fund one of my other hobbies.

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

What's the price of the next release going to be? I have a premium that I am considering selling to fund one of my other hobbies.

premiums are $8000-$8900 and some have free shipping. Got to buy from an out of state distributor to avoid sales tax. It sux that the system discourages you from shopping local.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where did you put your deposit down? I have mine with Orange County Pinball.

Case in point. I bought mine from your home state of AZ.

#6622 3 years ago

Anyone that can help would be appreciated. I am getting points when I push both flippers. Seems like it’s making a gargoyle target hit, any help?

#6623 3 years ago

The concern is about when production will occur. Some distributors have promised Mar/Apr delivery, some have said June and others have quoted an Aug deliver. Yet Stern’s 2021 production schedule shows no ongoing EHOH premium orders being made until Sep. Something is not adding up, and by something, I mean the delivery forecasts.

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone that can help would be appreciated. I am getting points when I push both flippers. Seems like it’s making a gargoyle target hit, any help?

Go into switch test and see what’s active.

#6625 3 years ago

I was a critic of this game when it first came out (I played it at a debut launch party and then a bunch after that at the same bar), I really love the theme but thought it was such a disappointingly plain shooter. But it's been growing on me since by watching it in videos with the code updates, and it really does have a lot of great mechs/toys/structures and a real nice color scheme and lighting. So I just picked up a sweet modded out premium, all the Medisnyl mods, a bunch of others, powder coating to match the LE... pretty much indistinguishable from the LE except for the cabinet art, and it's really a beautiful game at home. Noisy, crowded bars are bad places to get good impressions of games, but they're often the only places. Same thing happened to me with Wonka (Pintastic), JJPotC (an arcade bar), Star Wars (many bars) -- games that I love at home -- it's just hard to get a good handle on things when you can't hear what's going on and the lights are far from optimal.

So, yeah, it still is a real easy shooter, but that's fine, it's good to have a mix. It reminds me of Batman '66, but prettier. A pretty standard shooter but because of the clips, call outs, and music, it puts a smile on your face every time. Happy to join the club!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

premiums are $8000-$8900 and some have free shipping. Got to buy from an out of state distributor to avoid sales tax. It sux that the system discourages you from shopping local.

Case in point. I bought mine from your home state of AZ.

Lucky! Congrats

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I was a critic of this game when it first came out (I played it at a debut launch party and then a bunch after that at the same bar), I really love the theme but thought it was such a disappointingly plain shooter. But it's been growing on me since by watching it in videos with the code updates, and it really does have a lot of great mechs/toys/structures and a real nice color scheme and lighting. So I just picked up a sweet modded out premium, all the Medisnyl mods, a bunch of others, powder coating to match the LE... pretty much indistinguishable from the LE except for the cabinet art, and it's really a beautiful game at home. Noisy, crowded bars are bad places to get good impressions of games, but they're often the only places. Same thing happened to me with Wonka (Pintastic), JJPotC (an arcade bar), Star Wars (many bars) -- games that I love at home -- it's just hard to get a good handle on things when you can't hear what's going on and the lights are far from optimal.
So, yeah, it still is a real easy shooter, but that's fine, it's good to have a mix. It reminds me of Batman '66, but prettier. A pretty standard shooter but because of the clips, call outs, and music, it puts a smile on your face every time. Happy to join the club!

I didn’t care for it at first either. It looked meh and plain at first, but I didn’t really pay much attention to it and only played it because my wife wanted to.

I went back and played it after code updates and actually paid attention to the game. Totally blown away. The light show on the haunted house by itself is simply amazing.

I never understood what it shoots like butter meant, but totally get it now. For me this is probably one of the best pins I have ever played. So many more shots than I ever realized.

I hope my deposit comes through. If it doesn’t I will be really disappointed.

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I hope my deposit comes through. If it doesn’t I will be really disappointed.

I'd be happy to give you my spot but I didn't really have one. A dealer I've bought a lot from told me last week he'd just save me one from the next fulfillment, which I believe he put at March/April. You can try them as a backup though, Automated Services in Connecticut, pinballs.com.

#6629 3 years ago

Any thoughts as to why the auto-plunge might be firing automatically not giving me a chance at a skill shot? I’m thinking it might have something to do with the playfield protector moving around in the shooter lane, but it’s happened a few times, on the first ball and on any subsequent ball.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Any thoughts as to why the auto-plunge might be firing automatically not giving me a chance at a skill shot? I’m thinking it might have something to do with the playfield protector moving around in the shooter lane, but it’s happened a few times, on the first ball and on any subsequent ball.

Shooter lane switch. Go into switch test and see if it’s active.

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

If any switch other than the shooter lane switch is active, it will auto-fire and you’ll lose the skill shot.

#6632 3 years ago

Yes, likely something on the playfield. Go to switch test, the gargoyles are often set on a hair trigger.

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Taped end vs factory
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can also use some zip ties above the screw. They’d wear better than the tape.

#6634 3 years ago

This little fella popped out and landed near my right flipper during a game a little while ago. I did a basic scan of everything above the pf and can't seem to locate the missing area, but I've only owned the game for hours and am obviously not that familiar with it yet. Maybe one of you guys might have a guess as to where it came from. Every other screw I can see is larger and silver. Looks like one of those tiny screws you'll often find on spinner mechs, but I don't see anything missing from mine.

IMG_20210123_194012 (resized).jpgIMG_20210123_194012 (resized).jpg

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I'd be happy to give you my spot but I didn't really have one. A dealer I've bought a lot from told me last week he'd just save me one from the next fulfillment, which I believe he put at March/April. You can try them as a backup though, Automated Services in Connecticut, pinballs.com.

I was told March/April also but it seems like we will be lucky to see Elvira come back on the production line in August/September if at all. Appreciate the offer.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I would love a set please

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

This little fella popped out and landed near my right flipper during a game a little while ago. I did a basic scan of everything above the pf and can't seem to locate the missing area, but I've only owned the game for hours and am obviously not that familiar with it yet. Maybe one of you guys might have a guess as to where it came from. Every other screw I can see is larger and silver. Looks like one of those tiny screws you'll often find on spinner mechs, but I don't see anything missing from mine.
[quoted image]

Try checking the house or the crypt or the trunk plastics...They have small black ones like those and all the walls of the house and crypt roof are held on by those...

Phoebe

#6638 3 years ago

Do all the gargoyles have those set screws ? I may be missing one had a gargoyle go airborne with the glass off

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Do all the gargoyles have those set screws ? I may be missing one had a gargoyle go airborne with the glass off

Yes, it should. That is there main purpose.

#6640 3 years ago

Stern Creepo shooter for sale. Lightly used. $90 new, pretty much sold out everywhere.

$75 shipped.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern Creepo shooter for sale. Lightly used. $90 new, pretty much sold out everywhere.
$75 shipped. [quoted image]

Email sent

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

$75 shipped. [quoted image]

Sold.

#6643 3 years ago

My wife hates that thing ! I may need to sell mine

#6644 3 years ago

for those that have installed the playfield protector, and cut the small sliver from the top: where did you cut it, and what did you use to cut it? I finally got around to ordering mine

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

for those that have installed the playfield protector, and cut the small sliver from the top: where did you cut it, and what did you use to cut it? I finally got around to ordering mine

It’s pretty much at the very top in the middle. The exact spot will be obvious when you do the initial look/fit. I had a new razor blade in a utility knife. I think there was a 1/16” gap when done.

#6646 3 years ago

Elvira fans .. so I am thinking of getting the dates of Elviras Movie Macabre on my tomb mod . What be be appropriate dates you think ? Original season ended in 86 but some
Of these movies in the game aired until
2011 and there www even a series in 2013z

So 1981 - ??

#6647 3 years ago

Reluctantly thinking of selling my EHOH Premium. Pretty much out of the hobby and this is one of the last men standing. If there is any interest let me know. I will work on getting a listing up later this week and will pay the proper fees to pinside. Has a bunch of MODs including the amazing Medisinyl MODs. I will get a list of the MODs soon. It plays great except I need to do one last VUK fix to get that dialed in. No other issues, and has the updated house/backdoor fix installed from the factory. Very low plays. I will get more details soon. If anyone is interested message me. I am in Eastern PA. Thinking about the price and have to add up all the MODs to decide. Won't give it away but will be realistic.

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Reluctantly thinking of selling my EHOH Premium. Pretty much out of the hobby and this is one of the last men standing. If there is any interest let me know. I will work on getting a listing up later this week and will pay the proper fees to pinside. Has a bunch of MODs including the amazing Medisinyl MODs. I will get a list of the MODs soon. It plays great except I need to do one last VUK fix to get that dialed in. No other issues, and has the updated house/backdoor fix installed from the factory. Very low plays. I will get more details soon. If anyone is interested message me. I am in Eastern PA. Thinking about the price and have to add up all the MODs to decide. Won't give it away but will be realistic.

I'm sure you will have no shortest of interest reading the last few pages of this thread.

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Elvira fans .. so I am thinking of getting the dates of Elviras Movie Macabre on my tomb mod . What be be appropriate dates you think ? Original season ended in 86 but some
Of these movies in the game aired until
2011 and there www even a series in 2013z
So 1981 - ??

The series had a few iterations. The first ran for 5 seasons from 1981 to 1986. The second iteration was just 1 season that was in syndication from 2010-2011. Stern has the rights to the video assets from that season (26 public domain movies plus all the Elvira video bits from that season). There was another short reiteration on Hulu streaming that was just 13 episodes which was made for the 2013 Halloween season.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The series had a few iterations. The first ran for 5 seasons from 1981 to 1986. The second iteration was just 1 season that was in syndication from 2010-2011. Stern has the rights to the video assets from that season (26 public domain movies plus all the Elvira video bits from that season). There was another short reiteration on Hulu streaming that was just 13 episodes which was made for the 2013 Halloween season.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira%27s_Movie_Macabre

Thanks thinking maybe 1981 - 2011 , technically the others ones are not “movie macabre” or part of the game .

Is there aby anywhere to stream all the old shows ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/133?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.