EHoH1 (resized).jpg
EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 362.
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I was just using that as an example of the ball path. I've been trying the back door and I only randomly get it going up the left orbit. I think a plunge that dies the ball at the back of the mansion should get it, no?
Now it appears I have a bigger issue. My shots through the mansion that should start a mode, just rip around back through and down the left orbit, and don't start the mode. Assuming a diverter issue. Diverter seems dead in the testing (no movement or sound of movement) - scratch this, I wasn't hitting the right button, diverter tests. Any hints as I dive into it?

I would imagine Stern would have an opto to trigger the mode. Your problem might be a bad or misaligned opto.

#6552 3 years ago

Also remember it takes 1 pass to start the first mode, two for the second, etc.

#6553 3 years ago

I haven't had any issues with diverted so can't help ya. I did mess around with plunge strength so when my wife plays she can hit action button launch and it goes into skill shot 95% of the time

#6554 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You need to adjust ball guide out so the ball hits your flipper, not the sling. Easy to do. And not sure why you want to full plunge, back door skill shot advances house

how do I adjust the ball guide? There isn't any adjustment in the lower mounting point, just bend the metal at the end?

#6555 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I was just using that as an example of the ball path. I've been trying the back door and I only randomly get it going up the left orbit. I think a plunge that dies the ball at the back of the mansion should get it, no?
Now it appears I have a bigger issue. My shots through the mansion that should start a mode, just rip around back through and down the left orbit, and don't start the mode. Assuming a diverter issue. Diverter seems dead in the testing (no movement or sound of movement) - scratch this, I wasn't hitting the right button, diverter tests. Any hints as I dive into it?

fixed it, one of the screws on the front of the diverter had backed out and was catching on the mansion plastic.

#6556 3 years ago

Joined the club ! What makes Elvira pop up on the topper? It works but haven’t seen it in gameplay .

8623BD7F-3FE1-4507-9601-23C602811060 (resized).jpeg8623BD7F-3FE1-4507-9601-23C602811060 (resized).jpeg
#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Joined the club ! What makes Elvira pop up on the topper? It works but haven’t seen it in gameplay .
[quoted image]

You can turn up percentage it works in settings. Comes up in attract mode, usually in girls gone wild, sometimes during other multiballs

#6558 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

how do I adjust the ball guide? There isn't any adjustment in the lower mounting point, just bend the metal at the end?

Behind the post, on the guide itself, is a slotted tab. Pry out as far as u can then tighten. Only takes fraction to make a diff

#6559 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Behind the post, on the guide itself, is a slotted tab. Pry out as far as u can then tighten. Only takes fraction to make a diff

Not on the LE. It just has a hole. The slot was something they added to the later builds. You can try a thicker post sleeve. Worked for me.

#6560 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Not on the LE. It just has a hole. The slot was something they added to the later builds. You can try a thicker post sleeve. Worked for me.

Did not know that. Thx

#6561 3 years ago

Was playing mine again tonight. What an incredible game.

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can turn up percentage it works in settings. Comes up in attract mode, usually in girls gone wild, sometimes during other multiballs

It also is active at the end of the intro to House Party as long as you don't flipper cancel.

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Was playing mine again tonight. What an incredible game.

Classic for sure!!!!!!

#6564 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

If you can’t make the back door skill shot pretty regularly then it might be possible that your LE needs the update ball guide behind the house. If you contact stern they should send it out to you.

#6565 3 years ago

Elvira will be joining my collection soon

Thanks to Melissa at Cointaker

Couple questions

Was Elvira effected by color issues in playfield screening (like TMNT)

Or pooling issues in the clear coat (JP / Tmnt)

Super stoked

Been reading through some of the posts and can’t wait

Played her on Location and fell in love with the Mistress of the Dark

Any tips or tricks to make the game play great I’m all ears

#6566 3 years ago

How’s the topper working out? Haven’t seen one in action following latest code. Does having the topper create additional screams at different volumes compared to not having a topper at all? That would be cool if so.

#6567 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

How, order for the hopefully next run at Stern or she had 1 in stock?

#6568 3 years ago

Soon? They’re not shipping till August.
And thats IF Stern even puts it back on the line.

Couple questions
Super stoked
Been reading through some of the posts and can’t wait
Played her on Location and fell in love with the Mistress of the Dark
Any tips or tricks to make the game play great I’m all ears

E7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).pngE7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).png
#6569 3 years ago

No and No

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How’s the topper working out? Haven’t seen one in action following latest code. Does having the topper create additional screams at different volumes compared to not having a topper at all? That would be cool if so.

Topper is cool. Expensive, but glad I bought when I did. There are no settings yet to change scream level, I was hoping too there would be. If it was like gb scream would be awesome

#6571 3 years ago

All just to clarify I mean soon as eventually

Not tomorrow

I have a pin I am trading in for the Elvira

Just got excited and posted

Didn’t mean to start an up raw of questions about production / build times

#6572 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Classic for sure!!!!!!

I will probably be crucified for this but meh, my wife and I consider this to be Stern's equivalent of MM. So glad I was able to get one!

#6573 3 years ago

Both are good, imo, elvira is better

#6574 3 years ago

No prob! A lot of us have just been scratching our heads about the odd production pushbacks and price increases etc. Hope it comes through, it’s an amazing game!

All just to clarify I mean soon as eventually
Not tomorrow
I have a pin I am trading in for the Elvira
Just got excited and posted
Didn’t mean to start an up raw of questions about production / build times

#6575 3 years ago

Cointaker is only getting 10 EHOH total and there is ONE spot left. You heard it here first. Go get it.

7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6576 3 years ago

Cointaker is only getting 10 EHOH in August and there is ONE spot left. Go get it or regret it.

8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png
#6577 3 years ago

I was told April production on January 14th from my distributor. Fingers crossed I get one then but in the mean time looking for a used one! Already purchased side armor and shooter rod! haha

#6578 3 years ago

You’re distributor is wrong.

Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

I was told April production on January 14th from my distributor. Fingers crossed I get one then but in the mean time looking for a used one! Already purchased side armor and shooter rod! haha

#6579 3 years ago

August....this is Sterns 2021 production schedule this far. See EHOH...

CC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).pngCC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).png
#6580 3 years ago

Well I guess ill wait and see what happens if they even make it.

#6581 3 years ago

Well I guess ill wait and see what happens if they even make it.

If you wait rather than put a deposit on a slot your odds of getting one go WAY down ...

#6582 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you wait rather than put a deposit on a slot your odds of getting one go WAY down ...

Totally agree. Deposit is no guarantee, but at least it shows Stern theirs a possible sale there. Hopefully my deposit comes through. This pin is just too much damn fun to play to not have in my collection.

#6583 3 years ago

Deposit has already been put down. Also had another place put me on the list without a deposit as a backup. So fingers crossed!

#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Totally agree. Deposit is no guarantee, but at least it shows Stern theirs a possible sale there. Hopefully my deposit comes through. This pin is just too much damn fun to play to not have in my collection.

haha agreed. I'm in the deposit club as well. If I find an LE in the meantime I'll grab it, but I figured at least this way I'll have one coming.

Do you plan to try and grab the Stern topper for it? I picked one up last week.

#6585 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

haha agreed. I'm in the deposit club as well. If I find an LE in the meantime I'll grab it, but I figured at least this way I'll have one coming.
Do you plan to try and grab the Stern topper for it? I picked one up last week.

I just can’t bring myself to pay a grand for it. Can’t find one but I haven’t looked recently. Where did you get your topper from?

#6586 3 years ago

I just can’t bring myself to pay a grand for it. Can’t find one but I haven’t looked recently. Where did you get your topper from?

Agreed price is outrageous. I bought it second hand from someone who sold his machine.

#6587 3 years ago

Just got caught up. Weak sauce for stern to raise price on those with deposits. Hope they reconsider.
The distributors must really love making that call/email to customers.

#6588 3 years ago

They wouldn’t have done it if all these fools weren’t paying $1-$3k for bunk ass toppers haha. Rich mans hobby...just because you have it doesn’t mean you should flush it down the proverbial toilet on junk (BK topper excluded) Really opens the door for fuckery.

Quoted from Vino:

Just got caught up. Weak sauce for stern to raise price on those with deposits. Hope they reconsider.
The distributors must really love making that call/email to customers.

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They wouldn’t have done it if all these fools weren’t paying $1-$3k for bunk ass toppers haha. Rich mans hobby...just because you have it doesn’t mean you should flush it down the proverbial toilet on junk (BK topper excluded) Really opens the door for fuckery.

Unfortunately I'm one of the fools... can't see having this awesome machine without the official topper. It's a license to steal by Stern and we are willing accomplices unfortunately. This hobby is much less costly than my other one (aviation). Every part for my Saratoga cost 10x more than it should because of the FAA attorneys.

#6590 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Agreed price is outrageous. I bought it second hand from someone who sold his machine.

Hopefully you got a decent price. Congrats!

#6591 3 years ago

Where the best place to read all the rules on this game ?

#6592 3 years ago

Still up in the air on topper! Wanted to make sure I lock down a game first. Also waiting to see what comes out for my Stranger things too! Such a bummer about price raise but also gonna suck if distributors have to call again and say the game isn’t gonna be produced again!

#6593 3 years ago

Are they making more toppers or not? Keep hearing 200 more, but no one has confirmed.

#6594 3 years ago

Still up in the air on topper! Wanted to make sure I lock down a game first. Also waiting to see what comes out for my Stranger things too! Such a bummer about price raise but also gonna suck if distributors have to call again and say the game isn’t gonna be produced again!

I am still waiting for the topper for ST. Can’t believe they haven’t even released a picture of it. Code updates for it but still no topper. Not going to buy it for $599 and not even know what it looks like.

So Stern is supposed to release 200 more Elvira toppers?

#6595 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a hole on mine. I bent the guide out a hair and better.

#6596 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

If you can’t make the back door skill shot pretty regularly then it might be possible that your LE needs the update ball guide behind the house. If you contact stern they should send it out to you.

It was an angle issue was leaning a little left in back. Adjusted rear legs and can now make it.

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Unfortunately I'm one of the fools... can't see having this awesome machine without the official topper. It's a license to steal by Stern and we are willing accomplices unfortunately. This hobby is much less costly than my other one (aviation). Every part for my Saratoga cost 10x more than it should because of the FAA attorneys.

An aviation hobby makes everything seem cheap!

#6598 3 years ago

So Stern is supposed to release 200 more Elvira toppers?

No. There has been no official word to distributors on another topper run. Those that I have talked to assume that there will be but just have wait lists in case they do.

The 200 number is believed to be the size of the initial/only? run but, like all things Stern, there has been no official confirmation of numbers.

Stern’s treatment of toppers is puzzling. It was well over a year from the release of Elvira that we had any details and then almost two months before all we knew was the price. Last I checked Stern didn’t even have the topper on its website. It’s almost as if it doesn’t exist.

#6599 3 years ago

Ok so fat first I was really not into the theme of all these old B movies and such but what a great game , it’s no super brutal like most of my sterns which is a nice break . It can really flow if you get going , and the rules a very deep but don’t seem overly impossible to accomplish many of the objectives . Tons of cool toys !!

With all that said still trying to figure this thing out is there an more up to date breakdown of the Rules somewhere ?

http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

#6600 3 years ago

I am looking for someone who would like a free set of these cards in exchange for a few pictures of them installed in your machine. First person to respond publicly to this thread gets them. (PMs become a mess, because only I can see if someone asked for the set).

Thanks!

EHOH.gifEHOH.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/132?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.