EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 362.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Sent a support email to Stern but in the meantime started to probe the issue myself. Pic one shows the issue, ramp goes up, gets caught up on the right gargoyle, ramp won't come down, glass must come off. The ramp looks to be too much to the right so I looked around but didn't see any obvious way to adjust it from under the table (pic 2). Maybe the house has to be taken apart but if that's the case I'll let me distributor dude handle it. One solution I'm trying is in pic 3. I lift the right gargoyle to access the screw. That screw seems to hold down the large metal bracket that the ball hits, and it seems like it slowly over time rotates left to where it eventually blocks the ramp. So what I've tried for now is rotating that metal bracket as far away from the ramp as possible, hold it there, then tighten the screw as much as I can. I'll have to play some games and see if that solution holds but I suspect over time the ball bashing it will just rotate it right back to where it blocks the ramp.
If anyone else has this issue and has a solution please let me know! If I hear back from Stern with a solution I'll let people here know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This was a issue in the very first promo video I saw and with Deadflips live stream of the game. I’m surprised Stern did not address this at that time.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

In Australia the serial number is the id for the machine. So a thief steals a game, goes to Pinside and gets a serial number from the USA, prints a new tag and sells the machine, no one in Australia is the wiser.

Our criminals aren't smart enough or resourceful enough to do all of that if they were they wouldn't be stealing pinballs .

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

it seems to stem from the misunderstanding of an Australian police officer that wasn’t interested in doing his job.

Unless there's been a murder or you have overdue parking fines the cops don't want to know about it .

#554 4 years ago

As posted in the other thread I was watching Army of Darkness and saw these gargoyles first thing I thought of was Elvira . Pinball on the brain .

IMG20191103004612 (resized).jpgIMG20191103004612 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpgIMG_20191103_005037 (resized).jpg
#555 4 years ago

Sent a support email to Stern but in the meantime started to probe the issue myself. Pic one shows the issue, ramp goes up, gets caught up on the right gargoyle, ramp won't come down, glass must come off. The ramp looks to be too much to the right so I looked around but didn't see any obvious way to adjust it from under the table (pic 2). Maybe the house has to be taken apart but if that's the case I'll let me distributor dude handle it. One solution I'm trying is in pic 3. I lift the right gargoyle to access the screw. That screw seems to hold down the large metal bracket that the ball hits, and it seems like it slowly over time rotates left to where it eventually blocks the ramp. So what I've tried for now is rotating that metal bracket as far away from the ramp as possible, hold it there, then tighten the screw as much as I can. I'll have to play some games and see if that solution holds but I suspect over time the ball bashing it will just rotate it right back to where it blocks the ramp.
If anyone else has this issue and has a solution please let me know! If I hear back from Stern with a solution I'll let people here know.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your gargoyle looks slightly twisted. Can you losen and twist out of way of the ramp? The whole metal bracket the garg sits on......

#556 4 years ago

So my Turret spins during ball search, but it doesn't move during the game.
Not even during House Party...
Is the turret on the house supposed to move during house party or has that not been coded yet?

#557 4 years ago

Okay its November. Are they shipping premiums yet?

#558 4 years ago

Supposed to be sometime this month. Yup - November for Premiums.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

So my Turret spins during ball search, but it doesn't move during the game.
Not even during House Party...
Is the turret on the house supposed to move during house party or has that not been coded yet?

Code has not been added yet.

#560 4 years ago

I’m not having this issue but close. My cellar ramp always hits the right gargoyle and raises the gargoyle. I’m worried that puts too much stress on the motor. I’ve attempted to move and adjust the gargoyle underneath and there’s just no play in the screw holes. It is impossible to move it out of the way it seems without drilling new holes. I am definitely worried about drilling new holes and screwing it up. Has anyone else figured out how to move the gargoyle out of the way? From the posts I’ve seen it seems like most of the problems are with the right gargoyle not the left one.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’m not having this issue but close. My cellar ramp always hits the right gargoyle and raises the gargoyle. I’m worried that puts too much stress on the motor. I’ve attempted to move and adjust the gargoyle underneath and there’s just no play in the screw holes. It is impossible to move it out of the way it seems without drilling new holes. I am definitely worried about drilling new holes and screwing it up. Has anyone else figured out how to move the gargoyle out of the way? From the posts I’ve seen it seems like most of the problems are with the right gargoyle not the left one.

I've seen several people post about the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. I didn't design it that way but I wouldn't worry about it stressing the motor, the gargoyle is very light. However, if it causes the ramp to hang up then that's a problem. I won't get my game for a while, but I will probably trim the ramp so it misses the gargoyle.

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I've seen several people post about the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. I didn't design it that way but I wouldn't worry about it stressing the motor, the gargoyle is very light. However, if it causes the ramp to hang up then that's a problem. I won't get my game for a while, but I will probably trim the ramp so it misses the gargoyle.

Dennis, thank you for your passionated work and the perseverance to revive the Elvira licence in the pinball world. I'm not yet in possession of the LE I've ordered but I'm very confident that it will pleased me a lot, notability the tight wild market value shot which isn't coded yet.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

On all the posts with pictures of the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. It’s easy to see the ramp is off centered. It’s not the gargoyle it’s the ramp alignment. You can see the right side of the ramp almost touching the ramp wall. Left side is over an eighth of an inch away from the wall.

C84314C3-58B0-48D1-88F0-10102985A973 (resized).jpegC84314C3-58B0-48D1-88F0-10102985A973 (resized).jpeg
#564 4 years ago

initially my center ramp was up against the left ball guide and never made contact with the right gargoyle. As the plays have been racking up its slowly moving more towards the right, and starting to just lift the right gargoyle now. There’s a little slop in the alignment I’m noticing develop. I can push it back against the left but it works it’s way right after a couple lifts.

Haven’t looked at the manual online yet, is there a bracket or mount point for the ramp that may be working loose over time?

#565 4 years ago

So I’ve had my LE now for a week and I absolutely love it. It is super fun to shoot. The house and the crypt are fantastic toys. So far the callouts and videos and programming seem great. I also wanted to mention since so many people hated the deadheads when they saw the reveal that I love them. I don’t think they need to be changed at all and I think it’s very logical that they float around. You can still see everything else on the screen that’s necessary while they’re floating. Not trying to criticize anyone but that’s further evidence to me that everyone including myself should withhold their opinion and judgment on something about a pin until you’ve seen it in person and had a chance to play it. I think the design is excellent and it is super fun. Great job Dennis! There were also a lot of comments about how the back glass looked cartoony and lame. It’s actually beautiful and the artwork perfectly complements the theme and it pictures some of the main characters of the movies she hosted.

#566 4 years ago

It desperately needs an attract light show though!!!

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Your gargoyle looks slightly twisted. Can you losen and twist out of way of the ramp? The whole metal bracket the garg sits on......

Yeah I tried twisting it back and tightening the screw but it doesn't hold, ultimately the gargoyle will still move around just because the ball hits it with such direct force. I didn't see any obvious way of moving the entire gargoyle to the right either.

Quoted from arcademojo:

On all the posts with pictures of the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. It’s easy to see the ramp is off centered. It’s not the gargoyle it’s the ramp alignment. You can see the right side of the ramp almost touching the ramp wall. Left side is over an eighth of an inch away from the wall.[quoted image]

That's what I think the issue is, the ramp is misaligned but I took a look and don't see any easy way to realign it. I posted a pic from underneath in my earlier post and it's just a metal bar that moves up and down, with a little lock on it to hold it up in place. I fear the whole house my have to be taken apart to adjust the ramp, but I don't want to start tearing it apart without being sure.

Quoted from Sethman:

initially my center ramp was up against the left ball guide and never made contact with the right gargoyle. As the plays have been racking up its slowly moving more towards the right, and starting to just lift the right gargoyle now. There’s a little slop in the alignment I’m noticing develop. I can push it back against the left but it works it’s way right after a couple lifts.
Haven’t looked at the manual online yet, is there a bracket or mount point for the ramp that may be working loose over time?

I searched online and didn't see any info on how to adjust the ramp. Took a look myself as well under the playfield and didn't see any obvious visible way either. My ramp has clearly made it's way right as it even scrapes against the metal wall on the right side as the ramp goes up. I sent a support request to Stern about it, hopefully they reply back. My hope is that there is a small hole someplace that you put a long thin screwdriver into to make a ramp adjustment, or something like that.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:Are you not getting any shaker action at all?
Here are the points where the shaker should fire:
Haunts
TFOS - Last shot to house
TBTWD - Final 3 shots (each ramp + shot to house)
TM - This haunt doesn't seem to finish
MTHOF - Third stage of haunt + final shot
NOTLD - Final cellar shot + final shot
TWOW - None
Multiballs
House Party Multiball - Super Jackpot Shots to the house
House Attic Party - None
WWMB - Last jackpot (completion) before only the orbits are lit for SJPs
JITT - None
AAZM - None
Other
Gar-Goils Gone Wild - Collect jackpot
Drive Me Crazy - None
Gappa Angry - Starting shot to the house

It fires only once and a while during a multi-ball where jack pots and its pretty weak.

#569 4 years ago

So I just noticed something really cool about one of the recent code updates. Its in the Brain that wouldn't Die code.
I always thought the intro video of Spoiler alert "yes you do. Boo creepy doctor?" was just a little bit too random and never made a lot of sense to me... Its like... Yes he does what?!?!? Die?!?!? I never got it...

But, I think they fixed that to where it'll always play with a particular movie clip as the lead in. Because, for the first time I just saw a clip from the movie with the doctor saying to a woman. "do I look like the kind of man that would murder a woman?" And then that Elvira intro played... Man!!!!
Now that clip makes sense and now it is AMAZING.
This code really does get better week by week. Even if the ruleset don't become the greatest ever... This code might just be one of my all time favorites. Just loving all the little details so far. And you know there is so much work left to be put in...

Which leads me to wonder. Are there even more intro videos that they haven't put into the game yet? There might be. As they might have a few more specific ones like the one I described above and the one from The Manster about taking a bath(that always plays with the same lead in video)... So there could be even more videos we haven't seen yet!!!

I hope so!!!!

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

On all the posts with pictures of the ramp hitting the right gargoyle. It’s easy to see the ramp is off centered. It’s not the gargoyle it’s the ramp alignment. You can see the right side of the ramp almost touching the ramp wall. Left side is over an eighth of an inch away from the wall.[quoted image]

My ramp is perfectly centered and it still hits the gargoyle. I like that the ramp has a smooth slow motion closing also.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The house ramp problem hasn't happened to me yet but I think there is a simple solution. The ramp only seems to drift to the right. I think it is the nature of the mechanism. Adding a nylon washer on the pivot shaft on the right side between the ramp and the metal side wall should keep the ramp straight.
20191103_104029 (resized).jpg20191103_104029 (resized).jpg

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

My ramp is perfectly centered and it still hits the gargoyle. I like that the ramp has a smooth slow motion closing also.

Wonder if the whole ramp and side rails are all off to one side.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The house ramp problem hasn't happened to me yet but I think there is a simple solution. The ramp only seems to drift to the right. I think it is the nature of the mechanism. Adding a nylon washer on the pivot shaft on the right side between the ramp and the metal side wall should keep the ramp straight.
[quoted image]

I did see that but not sure that is the right solution, because rather than realign it it would just always be brute forcing the whole thing over. Would that be ok to do over time? Plus the gap on that mechanism is fairly large so it would need a stack of washers from the looks of it. If that is the only solution then I'll have my distributor dude do it since that would require removing a bunch of parts to get access to it.

#574 4 years ago

I did see that but not sure that is the right solution, because rather than realign it it would just always be brute forcing the whole thing over. Would that be ok to do over time? Plus the gap on that mechanism is fairly large so it would need a stack of washers from the looks of it. If that is the only solution then I'll have my distributor dude do it since that would require removing a bunch of parts to get access to it.

I'm not saying that is only solution but it should work. Nylon washers are available in all different thicknesses and sizes. You just need to find the correct size. You don't want it to be tight. You are just looking to take up the dead space between the ramp and the right metal wall. If done correctly it shouldn't ad any resistance to the mechanism (just help keep it true). To make it look uniform I would probably do the same thing to the other side (optional). The ramp pulls to the right because the linkage connects on that side. It looks very correctable from the few in the manual.

#575 4 years ago

Can anyone give some feedback on the fun factor of the LE or Premium? I'm considering selling an AFMr LE to get one but don't want to jump into something that I might regret. Thanks

EDIT: How does the playfield and machine quality seem as well?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#576 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can anyone give some feedback on the fun factor of the LE or Premium? I'm considering selling an AFMr LE to get one but don't want to jump into something that I might regret. Thanks

Well... The biggest different between LE and Prem is the cab art.

So if you don't mind the prem cab side art... Or if your machines are so close to each other you can't see it... Then it doesn't matter so much... THe backglass vs. the translite is really a personal preference(at least I think). Backglass does look a bit better in person when lit up, but the translite might look a bit better when off vs the backglass. I don't like the mirrored effect when off. When on its awesome.

As for fun. This game is fun, and its only going to get better.
I don't know about selling an LE of AFM. AFM is one of my favorite games ever... But, I've never owned one. Played the heck out of it at Galloping Ghost and at Expos, and also the pinball arcade version on PS4. So if you think you've mined most of the fun out of it, then sure... Because, its going to take awhile to mine the full experience and fun out of Elvira.

Already this game has some of the best overall callouts in pinball. I do hope their are better jackpot callouts though. Right now most of the jackpot callouts are a bit lame... But, where the callouts shine is the intro and ending of the modes, and during the modes.

Also the deadhead callouts are pretty fun too. Much better than what was shown on deadflip. I think they need to still work on those. Both their animation and flight path. And for hte love of god a ball save for when the vuk fires.
Its not fair to have the ball drain due to the vuk. Already this game is tough for ball control. Which is by design. The game is a bit diffiult to regain control, but once you have control the shots are fair and they can flow. Which is why it was designed to be a pain to get control.

I like this game a lot. Its fun. I think you will have fun with it.

As for playfield... Mine has a smidge(very little damage) to shooter lane. With the new code that shouldn't lessen. And I'm getting a protector on it. But, my playfield has lots of dimples. More already than my iron maiden which I have owned for over a year. And played the heck out of it too. But, so far no major damage to playfield. Just dimples.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... The biggest different between LE and Prem is the cab art.
So if you don't mind the prem cab side art... Or if your machines are so close to each other you can't see it... Then it doesn't matter so much... THe backglass vs. the translite is really a personal preference(at least I think). Backglass does look a bit better in person when lit up, but the translite might look a bit better when off vs the backglass. I don't like the mirrored effect when off. When on its awesome.
As for fun. This game is fun, and its only going to get better.
I don't know about selling an LE of AFM. AFM is one of my favorite games ever... But, I've never owned one. Played the heck out of it at Galloping Ghost and at Expos, and also the pinball arcade version on PS4. So if you think you've mined most of the fun out of it, then sure... Because, its going to take awhile to mine the full experience and fun out of Elvira.
Already this game has some of the best overall callouts in pinball. I do hope their are better jackpot callouts though. Right now most of the jackpot callouts are a bit lame... But, where the callouts shine is the intro and ending of the modes, and during the modes.
Also the deadhead callouts are pretty fun too. Much better than what was shown on deadflip. I think they need to still work on those. Both their animation and flight path. And for hte love of god a ball save for when the vuk fires.
Its not fair to have the ball drain due to the vuk. Already this game is tough for ball control. Which is by design. The game is a bit diffiult to regain control, but once you have control the shots are fair and they can flow. Which is why it was designed to be a pain to get control.
I like this game a lot. Its fun. I think you will have fun with it.
As for playfield... Mine has a smidge(very little damage) to shooter lane. With the new code that shouldn't lessen. And I'm getting a protector on it. But, my playfield has lots of dimples. More already than my iron maiden which I have owned for over a year. And played the heck out of it too. But, so far no major damage to playfield. Just dimples.

Don’t forget the beautiful powder coated red paint trim, I love it! As for fun, it’s a total blast. I love the house - three different shots into the house plus it shoots the ball out of the cellar and then you have the crypt which is a really neat mech and you also have the junk in the trunk physical ball lock. I also really like that the ball physically stops in the house when it hits the ramp while video is played. It really feels like you hit a solid shot each time your shot feels connected to the video start then after the video the ball continues on out of the house. Really fun feature.

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Don’t forget the beautiful powder coated red paint trim, I love it! As for fun, it’s a total blast. I love the house - three different shots into the house plus it shoots the ball out of the cellar and then you have the crypt which is a really neat mech and you also have the junk in the trunk physical ball lock. I also really like that the ball physically stops in the house when it hits the ramp while video is played. It really feels like you hit a solid shot each time your shot feels connected to the video start then after the video the ball continues on out of the house. Really fun feature.

You're right... This game while it has a lot of stop and go to it. Which you want, because you get to see sexy Elvira when it stops. How they handle the stop and go is a bit unique. You hit a ramp, which when as you said stops the ball, but when its not lit it feed to the orbits for a return(which can go by design into the slings), and during the mode start it feeds into the pops, which can go anywhere... Or it can bounce safely to the right orbit and make the safest return to the flippers in the game.

I like this design. Its a mix of going to kick your butt, but I'll give a chance to succeed. Its not trying to bust your balls, but it can.

#579 4 years ago

Anyone else getting the ball stuck here?

0F87CD69-6B71-4802-A036-59B838ABABC0 (resized).jpeg0F87CD69-6B71-4802-A036-59B838ABABC0 (resized).jpeg
#580 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone else getting the ball stuck here?[quoted image]

Yep. Have had it get stuck there a few times. Hard shot to the center ramp can cause it.

#581 4 years ago

Ok, how do you adjust the coil power on the game? Only 48 games played.
292C5F97-0F29-4253-8D9B-CE12DD47F2A3 (resized).jpeg292C5F97-0F29-4253-8D9B-CE12DD47F2A3 (resized).jpeg

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

It seems they forgot to add the settings originally. They only added power settings to update .86. If you have updated to .86 you can update most power settings. Just like they forgot to add an attract light show. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen that doesn’t have an attract light show.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It seems they forgot to add the settings originally. They only added power settings to update .86. If you have updated to .86 you can update most power settings. Just like they forgot to add an attract light show. This is the only pin I’ve ever seen that doesn’t have an attract light show.

Where do you go to change them. Just installed.86 but not sure where the settings are.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Where do you go to change them. Just installed.86 but not sure where the settings are.

There are two adjustments in the adjustment section that are standard adjustments. One is SPI and one is game. It’s in game toward the very end.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image]

Unfortunately that answers my game quality question. I always try to install both cliffy shooter lane protectors

15728333627044821863873284805522 (resized).jpg15728333627044821863873284805522 (resized).jpg
#587 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Anyone else getting the ball stuck here?[quoted image]

It's a easy fix. take of the plastic ramp and metal ramp off to get acces for the gate theres a small piece of metal that acts like a spring that pushes the gate back to absorb the balls force, but if you shoot a soft shot it's not strong enough to push the spring so it gets caught

Also fix the other two somewhat issues
1. Left orbit lane landing to the flippers (I back the screw about 2-3 turns holding the metal rail dont tighten back on leave loose wedge white spacer to push out the rail just enough to direct the ball to the left flipper.

2. Crypt vuk just add a strip of double stick tape on the rightside make sure it starts from top of the opening and ends where the picture shows. about 1" long & ³/⁸ wide on the to allow the ball to be direct towards the junk on trunk drop targets. I tested this I haven't had any more drains or direct shots to slings. (Its the same fix for monster bash vuk kick out incase anyone owns one ) every knows monster bash will sometimes give SDTM.

20191103_191135 (resized).jpg20191103_191135 (resized).jpg20191103_191302 (resized).jpg20191103_191302 (resized).jpg
#588 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Hi there,
sorry to be a nuisance but I was wondering if somebody could help me. I seem to have won the poop jackpot with this machine (LE #294)- Besides all the minor issues with it needing adjustments in places - like a lot of people seemingly are having to do - I am also having several other major issues. My crypt was not working properly - no adjustment by my pinball tech was able to fix it. After reviewing a video I sent them, Stern is now sending me a whole new crypt assembly.
But what I was wondering is: how is the trunk supposed to act?
I am on code 0.85 if that matters. If I hit the trunk targets, the trunk opens up, then upon shooting the left lane, the ball gets trapped in the trunk and stays there. Then I get so launch a new ball from the shooter lane. Same if I hit the side entrance. It counts the lock and then the ball stays in there. Launch new one from shooter lane.
I was watching PAPA TV live and they were on the latest code as well and their trunk was acting completely different than mine. Upon locking a ball in the trunk their game would count the lock and then eject it right away from the trunk and put it back into play.
That's not even the only issue with my trunk but for now I was wondering HOW is the trunk supposed to act? Does yours keep the ball(s) trapped in it until multiball OR does it count the lock and eject it right away, thus never keeping a ball in the trunk?
Sorry for the wall of text. I want to like this game so badly but I have sooooo many issues

Quality

#589 4 years ago

I'm not saying that is only solution but it should work. Nylon washers are available in all different thicknesses and sizes. You just need to find the correct size. You don't want it to be tight. You are just looking to take up the dead space between the ramp and the right metal wall. If done correctly it shouldn't ad any resistance to the mechanism (just help keep it true). To make it look uniform I would probably do the same thing to the other side (optional). The ramp pulls to the right because the linkage connects on that side. It looks very correctable from the few in the manual.

Gotcha, I think you may be right. I took another look, looks like there is already a white nylon spacer there on the mechanism to space the movement bar from the ramp, looks to be maybe 1/4 inch in width. Guess maybe I need a slightly larger one. Unfortunately I don't see any way to get at it without removing lots of stuff I'll sit tight for Sterns response, then have my distributor sort it.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

It's a easy fix. take of the plastic ramp and metal ramp off to get acces for the gate theres a small piece of metal that acts like a spring that pushes the gate back to absorb the balls force, but if you shoot a soft shot it's not strong enough to push the spring so it gets caught

Thanks, but that's not where the ball got stuck. It's actually setting on top of the plastic.

#591 4 years ago

So far with .86 update and the few minor adjustments I made. Game is playing great. Turned trough power down to 150. The clear chipping in the shooter lane sucked but easily fixable. Put another 50 games in last night. Now for the honeymoon faze. WOW what a fun game to shoot. I take back every nitpicking thing I’ve said about the game. Deadheads are fine just the way they are. Has nice flow and easy to understand what’s going on.

#592 4 years ago

Hey Pinsiders - EHOH has landed on the “Top 100” list for the first time. It has the #19 spot (not bad).Time will tell but I think it will stay about where it is. It is a fun game! The theme might not appeal to everyone but the game play should. Pinball veterans and newbies will both find enjoyment in this title. It is such a smooth shooter.

#593 4 years ago

Guys. I have one I cannot figure out. Deadhead Crypt right Gargoyle. No matter how light/hard it is hit will not register. However with ball in hand I hit target and it works fine. Switch Test/Light Test shows it is fine. Also with game going I hit it with finger and it works. Looked under playfield and wires seem to be connected.

Only thing I can think is its some sort of grounding issue hence I am the ground that makes it work.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Side view pic showing circuit is not closed

IMG_0529 (resized).jpgIMG_0529 (resized).jpg
#594 4 years ago

Hey Pinsiders - EHOH has landed on the “Top 100” list for the first time. It has the #19 spot (not bad).Time will tell but I think it will stay about where it is. It is a fun game! The theme might not appeal to everyone but the game play should. Pinball veterans and newbies will both find enjoyment in this title. It is such a smooth shooter.

Well it's going to drop if people dont submit ratings who actually own or played Elvira and rate the pin truthful, because we all know people who hate certain things like theme and other pity stuff will bash and rate very low which will drive down ratings. I seen someone Give dialed-In a 6.8 rating because theme suck and game didnt make sense which I totally disagree dialed-in blows many other pins out of the water but that's my opinion. So go and Give your Ratings people

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Guys. I have one I cannot figure out. Deadhead Crypt right Gargoyle. No matter how light/hard it is hit will not register. However with ball in hand I hit target and it works fine. Switch Test/Light Test shows it is fine. Also with game going I hit it with finger and it works. Looked under playfield and wires seem to be connected.
Only thing I can think is its some sort of grounding issue hence I am the ground that makes it work.
Any ideas. Thanks.
Side view pic showing circuit is not closed[quoted image]

I think your switch gap is set to wide. Compare it to the gap on the other side and adjust accordingly. With the glass off during game play roll the ball into the target. That should work for you when the gap is corrected. Finger pokes and ball hits apply pressure differently.

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Any ideas. Thanks.

I sorta have the same issue but with the gargoyle to the left of the house, it will register 100% of the time with fingers or if i hold the ball and hit it, but in game play it registers about 60% or so. I tried changing the leaf switch gap in various ways but can't seem to improve it and gave up. I added it to my support email to Stern, so I'll see what they suggest. They did reply to my web service request really quick, so far so good.

I did mention that my Crypt door stays slightly open and even linked them a video of it and this was their reply:

"CRYPT DOOR - Per Engineering, This is normal operation for the Crypt door to have a slight opening when it should be in the “CLOSE” position. "

So a slight opening is normal. I didn't really care about that but figured I'd ask them since it came up here.

#597 4 years ago

Personally I won't rate a game until I put a few dozen games on it and have a good understanding of what's going on.

#598 4 years ago

EHOH in the lineup.

74382535_10220574008329533_8120314393884884992_n (resized).jpg74382535_10220574008329533_8120314393884884992_n (resized).jpg
#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Well it's going to drop if people dont submit ratings who actually own or played Elvira and rate the pin truthful, because we all know people who hate certain things like theme and other pity stuff will bash and rate very low which will drive down ratings. I seen someone Give dialed-In a 6.8 rating because theme suck and game didnt make sense which I totally disagree dialed-in blows many other pins out of the water but that's my opinion. So go and Give your Ratings people

I still want to wait for the code to mature... As is... Game has some of the best callouts and videos for a pinball machine ever. I also think it balances its ruleset between a modern game and an 90s dmd game...
What I mean by that is. There are 2 ways to get big points in Elvira3. Modes and MB. Of course you want to stack your mode with a mb... And if possible stack a garage mb with the junk in the trunk mb.. .And then try to get the playfield x's going. Which is easy to do during mb.

But, what I do like about the code is. There are points outside of MB and outisde of modes. Not huge, big points. But, more points than most modern games. In sterns SW you can play a ball for like 2-3 minutes not enter a mode and not score really any points, or you can play a 20 second ball but enter a mode and blammo your score exploded... For this game you got Happy Hour, and Drive me Crazy. And you can get if you're accurate a couple million on them. And gargoils and dead head points... Once again... Its best to not focus on these side scoring options, and try to get them while the above mode/mb stack is going on. But, the fact is... The scoring is there is what I like about the rules...

But, there still is so much more the code needs to have done.
As someone posted prior. There is no end to the Manster. I believe I got to the end of the mode. Hit the cellar. And this prompts the final shot or final shot sequences... Yet there were no lights for any shot. Timer had 15 seconds left.. .But, couldnt complete the mode...
That stunk!!!!!

So... You bet I'm going to be reviewing the game. But, I can't... Too many errors with the game. And that would reflect in a lower score. And my review will if done today be a high 8 low 9. But, I am hoping that with completed code the score will be a mid 9...
This game has so much that is amazing. Great use of sound, great variety of callouts(jackpot callouts do suck, but all the regular gameplay ones are AMAZING). I think the layout is really good. Not great. But, really good. Shoots great and is very fun. And the toys... Man... 2 amazing toys. House, Crypt... And you could argue that the hand of fate spinner is a toy... And the gargoyles...

I really think this is one of the better pins of the last 5 years. And I think that is saying something, as Dialed In, Iron Maiden, Stern JP, and... Well as we all know so many cool games. Almost like its 90s golden era all over again... Lets hope it won't crash for a good long time.

#600 4 years ago

Proble

Quoted from PBMAN:

Any ideas. Thanks.

Thanks to Mad Dog. Problem solved. Switch gap needs to be 1 mm or less. Hitting 8 out of 10.

Reality_Studio I would ask Stern for a new switch. Once you start playing with those metal flaps they are never the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/12?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.